Our favourite:

"I got my eye on you, boy

And when I get my eye on something

It's search and destroy."

Watch video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5615212328010933613

Warning: Paris Hilton is streaming at AOL

Pop Watch Blog

Ring the alarm! Just as quickly as Fergie Ferg and Beyoncé have made the siren this season's hottest hit-making accessory, Paris Hilton is about to usher in its early demise with ''Turn It Up'' and ''I Want You,'' a pair of tracks off her forthcoming release Paris (due Aug. 22). AOL Music is streaming (screaming?) the entire album this week (click here to listen... if you dare), and -- not exaggerating here -- it's worse than I had ever imagined. Horronkulous.

Right from her opening, Alvin and the Chipmunks-esque mewls of ''Yeah, that's hot" to the painful spoken-word interlude on ''Jealousy'' (sample lyric: "Everything I did, I did because I cared"), it's clear that just as the emperor had no clothes, the heiress has no voice, and there's not any amount of vocal layering or expensive production that can disguise it. Not that it'll stop Paris from infecting the airwaves.

Trying to make it through all 11 tracks of Paris (I'm closing in on "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"; prayers appreciated) reminded me of something the fantastic Jody Watley said when I caught her white-hot, sold-out set at Joe's Pub in Manhattan on Saturday. Noting that her self-released new disc, The Makeover, is unlikely to get much airplay, Watley gave a knowing smile to the audience, then sighed, "Of course, I don't have a sex tape." Alas, that's what it's come to, people. Can the revolution be far behind?

Hilton turned down Pussycat Dolls hit

14/08/2006 - 10:09:59

Paris Hilton turned down a surefire hit when she told producers she wasn't interested in international chart-topper "Don't Cha", before The Pussycat Dolls recorded it.

The socialite-turned-singer insists she was only played a rough version of the track which was very different to the single released by the US girl band, but she still wishes she'd snapped it up.

The 25-year-old, who is promoting her debut single "Stars are Blind", says: "I think I did hear the song, but not in the format that we all came to know and love. If I'd heard that, of course I'd have jumped at the chance."

Paris Hilton praises her debut album

USATODAY.com

NEW YORK (AP) — Paris Hilton is no stranger to self-promotion. But when she asked DJs to play songs from her upcoming debut album, "Paris," last spring, she wasn't so confident.

"People go crazy," the 25-year-old socialite/reality TV star/singer says in an interview in the September issue of Blender magazine, on newsstands Tuesday. "They love it. Everyone's like, 'Who is this?' I don't tell. Because I don't want someone putting their phone up and recording it and making a ring tone off of it.

"I think when people don't know it's me, they won't judge it. But if they know it's me, then they'll be like, 'Ugh.' They won't even dance."

"Paris" the album was set for release Tuesday. Hilton's breathy, reggae-infused single, "Stars Are Blind," has climbed to the top of Billboard's dance music chart.

Of her album, she says, "I, like, cry, when I listen to it, it's so good."

Hilton says the baby voice she uses on the reality TV show "The Simple Life" is an act.

"I'm always playing a character," she says. "I don't talk like this really — like a baby. I don't act like myself in public, because I don't really want to show everyone the real me. Because I have no privacy whatsoever, the only thing I have is who I really am."

Paris's Music Video Banned in India

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 23, 2006 11:25AM EST

Paris Hilton is too hot for Indian censors.

The country's Central Board of Film Certification has issued an "Adult" certification for her new music video "Stars Are Blind," which means it cannot be broadcast on any channel, reports Reuters.

An official at her local label, EMI Virgin India Ltd., reported that the board said the clip had sexual connotations.

"In fact, we had edited the video and sent a fresh copy, but they weren't happy with that," said Narendra Kusnur, the label's manager of international A&R (artists and repertoire).

Since the marketing campaign for Hilton's debut album Paris, released in India Tuesday (the same day it hit stores in the U.S.), has been sponsored by a shampoo company, the "Stars" video will be streamed on a promotional Web site, once details are worked out.

"To the best of our knowledge, there are no rules yet regarding censorship on the 'Net so we plan to use the online platform to generate buzz," said EMI Virgin marketing manager Kaveri Khullar.

Reviewing the Reviews: 'Paris' isn't exactly burning

PopWatch Blog

Any critic can tell you, middling reviews are the hardest to write -- especially if what's being reviewed had the potential to be either incredibly great or howlingly bad. The eagerly dreaded Paris, for most people, falls into the latter category, and reviewing it should've been a stand-up act. But it seems the heiress/icon/thing-object's prefab dance album is, maddeningly, just good enough to deserve a modicum of consideration. Witness the generally negative, yet oddly hedge-prone contortions below.

Stephen Thomas Erlewine in Allmusic.com:

"Make no mistake, Paris is a very good pop album, at times deliberately reminiscent of Blondie, Madonna, and Gwen Stefani, yet having its own distinct character -- namely, Paris' persona, which is shamelessly shallow... Where that might be irritating within a movie or within pop culture at large, when placed in a shiny, hooky dance-pop album it works splendidly, particularly because the songs are strong and Storch and company know how to keep things light.”

Sam Chennault of Rhapsody:

“[A] well-tested formula for dance floor euphoria, even if the heiress' vocals are a little limp.”

Tim Lee of musicOMH.com:

“...maybe it's what she was trying to achieve all along: Some kind of comment on the society in which we live, the disposable transient despicable plastic inane world, where to be totally devoid of purpose is, in fact, to achieve some kind of higher state. A Zen like calmness stemming from the ability to mean absolutely nothing at all. Nah.”

Rob Tannenbaum of Blender:

“Producer Scott Storch and for-hire songwriter Kara DioGuardi earn their points with effectively spare club beats,” yet Hilton’s repetitive, prosaic “self-adoration,” rendered in her “soft, flat, uninteresting voice,” “makes celebrity sound boring.”

But Paris, like many of the rich and useless, is a populist by nature. She draws her power from the enduring curiosity of the Great Unwashed. (Not to mention media parasites like myself; as Socrates said shortly before logging onto hemlock.com, the unblogged life is not worth living.) Thus, for our final judgment, we go to her album's Amazon page. The people have spoken:

Customers tagged this product with

First tag: hawt

Last tag: crap

See most popular tags

crap (2), disgusting (1), fake (1), hawt (1), hot (1), mediocre (1), stupid (1)

RollingStone.com's review of Paris:

As with global warming and the handgun crisis, future generations will judge us harshly for not preventing Paris Hilton's music career while there was still time. Fortunately, the heir mattress's album is much sleazier than her disappointingly competent single "Stars Are Blind." Damn it, Paris, we don't want mellow reggae from you -- we want idiotic trash disco like "Turn It Up," "Screwed" and the admirably tuneless version of "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" "Don't be scared to party," this budding life coach advises. Why settle for pseudosleaze like Peaches when Paris delivers the real thing?

ROB SHEFFIELD

(Posted: Sep 6, 2006)

The Funniest Record Review I Have Ever Read:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c...&type=music

PARIS HILTON

The donkey not only has longer ears than the horse but also typically eats much less. Also, its fur is not waterproof. The domesticated animal, Equus asinus, can defend itself with a powerful kick from its hind legs. While present in early American society, the donkey's popularity was not widespread until the Gold Rush, thanks to its social disposition and ability to carry tools. Many people consider the donkey a cute and comical animal, but it has a reputation for being stubborn. A popular German proverb contends that a donkey can dress up in a lion suit, but its ears will always stick out and reveal its true identity. The donkey is helpful in herding sheep, cattle or goats. The animal is also commonly known as a jackass, burro, jennet, hinny and ass. It has a loud, brassy voice that goes, "Hee-haw! Hee-haw! Hee-haw!"

-- Aidin Vaziri

Edited by soho2chelsea

Paris Hilton Talks New Album

Paris Hilton, the world tour?

The heiress, who is currently in the studio recording her second album, recently talked about how things are going to OK! magazine.

"Recording is going amazing. My new album is inspired by Kylie Minogue. I wrote all the songs myself. I will be performing next year," Hilton tells the magazine.

If all goes as she says, that performance could lead to Hilton's first ever tour. The socialite-turned-reality TV star has already released one album, "Paris," on her own label Heiress Records, and perhaps surprisingly the critical reception wasn't all bad. Her album even reached the sixth position on the Billboard 200 list.

Maybe it's because she worships a great pop role model: Kylie Minogue.

Hilton recently met the international pop star, and immediately Tweeted: "Just met Kylie Minogue, she is so gorgeous, sweet, adorable, cool and amazing! I'm so happy I got to meet her! Amazing! Huge! I Love Kylie!" according to Hilton's Twitter page.

And that wasn't the only praise Hilton had for Minogue, who's best known in the US for her song "Can't Get You Out of My Head." Earlier this month, Hilton also Tweeted about her keen anticipation of Minogue's US tour, saying she was "so excited."

"I love her! She is so beautiful and talented and such an inspiration for my new album," Hilton proclaimed via Twitter.

Hilton has not yet announced a release date for her second album.

Source: NYDaily News