29 replies to this topic

#21 Hihomumio

Hihomumio

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:14 AM

Very few good looking gowns this year, Taraji Henson was probably the most notable. She looked beautiful. Viola Davis also looked lovely. Word of the wise to pale blondes/redheads: stop wearing clothing that blends into your skin, it's blah and makes you a wallflower. Also, many of the ball gown type dresses didn't work on those who were wearing them. These events are where you should look your best and be noticed...in a good way. Discover color and come alive. All of the pale porcelain princesses dressed in neutrals looked blah and boring to me. Nicole Kidman in particular really needs some advice in this regard, but there are others too who look washed out. Meryl Streep wore a beautiful color even though I don't care for that style collar/neckline. I'd love to see her hair styled for a change too.

I think the men dressing for this year's event were much more notable than the women. Not keen on a tux/suit/dress shoes look with no socks though.

Edited by Hihomumio, 27 February 2017 - 09:15 AM.

#22 Wordsworth

Wordsworth

Chatter Box

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

My best dressed were Taraji, Viola and Janelle Monae - I think for the Oscars you either go timeless classic (the first two) or memorable but still gorgeous (the latter, which had a structurally similar bodice to Halle berry's dress the year she won, makes sense since it's the same designer).

I thought there was a lot of fabulous jewellery on show last night which distracted from how blah many of the dresses were. Felicity jones - why bother turning up if that's what you're going to wear? I was also disappointed with Kidman, having loved that parrot dress.

I hated Karlie Kloss's look - the dress was a rip off of gwyneths tom ford cape from a few years ago and the high neckline did not work with a choker.

#23 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41310 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

Watch the moment Emma Stone realises La La Land didn't win Best Picture at the 2017 Oscars

http://www.telegraph...n-best-picture/

#24 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41310 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:09 AM

See the fashion photos:

http://photos.toofab...tab=fab_fashion

#25 theempress

theempress

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

Wow. Clicking through those photos, ^^^^^^

Taraji Henson looks gorgeous. Chrissy Teigen always looks like the most fun.

I do wish Nicole Kidman would stick with red hair. She looks so lovely on "Big Little Lies."

Salma. Salma, Salma, Salma. Why?

I have to admit I love Octavia Spencer's dress. I would buy it if I could, and I would find reasons to wear it.

I like Kirsten Dunst's dress, although I am not sure how she can breathe in it.

Laura Dern looks great.

Mel Gibson brought his daughter, I hope. :blink:

Is Michael Strahan wearing a blue velvet tux? I... kind of love it.

WTF: Dakota Johnson, Jessica Biel (for the hair and makeup), Ginnifer Goodwin, Pharell Williams's date/ partner, "Blanca Blanco," who I am not convinced is wearing underwear.

All in all, I see a lot of granny fashions, high necks and dresses that remind me of doilies and old bedspreads.

"If you're going to lie to me, you lie to me with respect."

#26 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41310 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

Everyone's skirt is see-through this time!

#27 Hihomumio

Hihomumio

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:24 AM

Wow. Clicking through those photos, ^^^^^^

Taraji Henson looks gorgeous. Chrissy Teigen always looks like the most fun.

I do wish Nicole Kidman would stick with red hair. She looks so lovely on "Big Little Lies."

Salma. Salma, Salma, Salma. Why?

I have to admit I love Octavia Spencer's dress. I would buy it if I could, and I would find reasons to wear it.

I like Kirsten Dunst's dress, although I am not sure how she can breathe in it.

Laura Dern looks great.

Mel Gibson brought his daughter, I hope. :blink:

Is Michael Strahan wearing a blue velvet tux? I... kind of love it.

WTF: Dakota Johnson, Jessica Biel (for the hair and makeup), Ginnifer Goodwin, Pharell Williams's date/ partner, "Blanca Blanco," who I am not convinced is wearing underwear.

All in all, I see a lot of granny fashions, high necks and dresses that remind me of doilies and old bedspreads.

And musty smells.

#28 Desertdreaming

Desertdreaming

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:49 AM

I am really out of current issue trends. What's the blue ribbon stand for that some people were wearing
- Breast Cancer Survivor - Since 1999 -

#29 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7318 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:40 AM

I am really out of current issue trends. What's the blue ribbon stand for that some people were wearing

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure it's for the ACLU

#30 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11825 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:27 AM

Yes, blue ribbon is for the ACLU. There was some event on Saturday night prior to the Oscars, too, for the ACLU.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users