Sign in to follow this  
princess

Guns N’ Roses

Slash Slams Modern Guitar Players

Former GUNS N’ ROSES star SLASH has slammed the new generation of guitar players, insisting he is the last of the "identifiable" icons of rock ‘n’ roll.

The legendary rocker is convinced having a decent guitar player who stands out is one of the main necessities for any band.

But the 42-year-old is saddened by modern music as he feels new bands focus too much on the frontman and don’t concentrate on finding good guitarists.

He says, "It’s sad. There’s no identifiable guitar players in rock ‘n’ roll any more. With the exception of (White Stripes star) Jack White - who is great - the new breed of bands aren’t bringing out decent guitarists.

"Rock ‘n’ roll is so diluted in this millennium, you just don’t hear good solos. And I hate emo (mainstream soft-core punk)."

Source: pr-inside

Slash Slams Modern Guitar Players

Former GUNS N’ ROSES star SLASH has slammed the new generation of guitar players, insisting he is the last of the "identifiable" icons of rock ‘n’ roll.

The legendary rocker is convinced having a decent guitar player who stands out is one of the main necessities for any band.

But the 42-year-old is saddened by modern music as he feels new bands focus too much on the frontman and don’t concentrate on finding good guitarists.

He says, "It’s sad. There’s no identifiable guitar players in rock ‘n’ roll any more. With the exception of (White Stripes star) Jack White - who is great - the new breed of bands aren’t bringing out decent guitarists.

"Rock ‘n’ roll is so diluted in this millennium, you just don’t hear good solos. And I hate emo (mainstream soft-core punk)."

Source: pr-inside

He's 100% right.

Slash's Doubts Over GN'R Album

Former GUNS 'N' ROSES star SLASH was plagued by doubts about the band's first album APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION - fearing the record wasn't "that great".

The rocker's 1987 debut racked up sales of 27 million worldwide and is still credited as the fourth all-time best-selling debut LP in the U.S.

But Slash - real name Saul Hudson - insists he had no idea the album would be so successful.

He says, "Who would have thought? I remember thinking, 'Maybe the record isn't that great.'

"When I was a kid, there were certain records that anybody who was anybody, who was cool, had in their collection. And we actually made one of those records, I'm very proud of that."

Source: contactmusic

Guns N' Roses Blast Reality TV Rumors

By WENN

Rockers Guns N' Roses have hit out at reports they are turning the release of their long-awaited new album Chinese Democracy into a reality TV show.

Internet sites last week claimed frontman Axl Rose was in discussions with TV bosses to front a new show about the making of the album and its upcoming release.

But the band have released a statement insisting they have no plans to venture into the world of reality TV.

It reads, "Despite rumors floating around the internet, Guns N' Roses will not be appearing on any reality TV program to promote their forthcoming album, Chinese Democracy or for any other reason."

But the band confirm they are planning for the release of the album - which has taken Rose more than a decade to complete: "We're in negotiations for the release of Chinese Democracy and things are going well."

Guns N'Roses Upset By Guitarist's Departure

By WENN

Guns N' Roses were caught "off-guard" by guitarist Robin Finck's recent departure, according to a post on the band's website. Finck quit to rejoin Nine Inch Nails for a summer tour, and a new post suggests the split wasn't as friendly as it appeared to be.

A statement from Axl Rose and his band reads, "Robin's plans caught everyone in Guns, as well as our fans, a bit off-guard. Neither we nor management, etc., know any more in this regard and we prefer not to speculate or offer opinions at this time. When we begin to put tour plans together, we'll see where things are. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans."

Meanwhile, Guns N' Roses are being linked to a major show in Brazil later this year, as the band prepares to release its much-delayed Chinese Democracy album.

GN'R 'Negotiating' New CD Release

By Mike Bruno

Guns N' Roses stated on its website that the band is ''in negotiations for the release of Chinese Democracy and things are going well.'' The statement about the ridiculously long-awaited album was included as part of a post about the band's new management. No other information was included about the record, which was most recently scheduled for release in March 2007. The band also revealed that guitarist Robin Finck has left GN'R to return to Nine Inch Nails for a tour this summer, and in a separate post shot down Internet rumors that the band was participating in a new reality show. ''The reality TV rumors started a little while ago and have taken on an Internet life of their own, but there is no truth to any of this,'' the post reads.

Weiland Blames Press For Guns N' Roses No Show

American rocker SCOTT WEILAND is disappointed the original members of his favourite band GUNS N' ROSES will not reunite - and blames the press for scuppering plans.

The former Velvet Revolver star claims the legendary rock band was close signing a deal to reunite onstage, but axed their plans when they were leaked to the media.

However, Weiland believes the band will one day make a comeback - as long as the plans are not leaked.

He says, "I think they should get Guns N' Roses back together, to tell you the truth. I think that would be the greatest thing that they could do. I think the world would be very happy.

"If they could stop talking trash about Axl (Rose) in the press. It almost happened. The pens were ready to sign. With the Greatest Hits, there was a possibility (of a reunion), but there was too much stuff being said. But it was a close call.

"I would love to see that happen, as a Guns N' Roses fan. I'd pay to see it."

Weiland recently departed Velvet Revolver after falling out with bandmates and Guns N' Roses founders Duff MCKagan and Slash.

Weiland Blames Press For Guns N' Roses No Show

American rocker SCOTT WEILAND is disappointed the original members of his favourite band GUNS N' ROSES will not reunite - and blames the press for scuppering plans.

The former Velvet Revolver star claims the legendary rock band was close signing a deal to reunite onstage, but axed their plans when they were leaked to the media.

However, Weiland believes the band will one day make a comeback - as long as the plans are not leaked.

He says, "I think they should get Guns N' Roses back together, to tell you the truth. I think that would be the greatest thing that they could do. I think the world would be very happy.

"If they could stop talking trash about Axl (Rose) in the press. It almost happened. The pens were ready to sign. With the Greatest Hits, there was a possibility (of a reunion), but there was too much stuff being said. But it was a close call.

"I would love to see that happen, as a Guns N' Roses fan. I'd pay to see it."

Weiland recently departed Velvet Revolver after falling out with bandmates and Guns N' Roses founders Duff MCKagan and Slash.

Shut up Scott. You know nothing. It's not the press. It's Axl.

Why can't he stop commenting on a band he was never in? Whatever. Hopefully, STP and Scotty will disappear into obscurity.

Scherzinger Recording With Slash

NICOLE SCHERZINGER is swapping pop for rock - the PUSSYCAT DOLLS star has recorded songs with SLASH and ALICE COOPER.

The singer is currently on hiatus from the girl group and is working on a string of solo projects.

She has now revealed she is fulfilling her rock 'n roll ambitions by working with some of her music idols.

Scherzinger, who recently performed with the former Guns N' Roses star in Las Vegas, has laid down vocals for a track on the rocker's upcoming solo album, Slash and Friends. She is also working on material with Alice Cooper.

She tells AceShowbiz, "I just did a song with Slash for his album, and I just did a duet with Alice Cooper."

Source contactmusic

Slash Goes Solo

Former GUNS N' ROSES rocker SLASH has signed a new solo record deal, prompting fans of his supergroup VELVET REVOLVER to fear the band will never play together again.

Slash is expecting to recruit Ozzy Osbourne, M. Shadows, Fergie and Cypress Hill to collaborate with him on the as-yet-untitled album, which will be released through Roadrunner Records in the spring of 2010.

Fans won't have to wait until next year to hear Slash's solo efforts - the first track, Sahara, will be released next week (11Nov09). It features guest vocals from Japanese singer B'Z and will be accompanied by a new version of Guns N' Roses' Paradise City with vocals from Fergie and Cypress Hill.

Slash and Velvet Revolver have been on the search for a new frontman after firing rocker Scott Weiland from their line-up last year (Apr08). They have been inactive ever since.

Source contactmusic

Guns N' Roses Face Lawsuit From Management Company

GUNS N' ROSES are facing legal action from the bosses of a personal management company who allege the band owe them $1,870,500 (£1,247,000) for work they carried out during a 2008 world tour.

Front Line Management executives have filed a lawsuit at Los Angeles County Superior Court, claiming they were hired as frontman Axl Rose's personal management team during a trek through Asia, Canada and South America.

In the legal papers, obtained by TMZ.com, the firm's bosses claim they were promised 15 per cent of all money the band made during the tour, but they allege they haven't received any money.

They're asking for at least $1.8 million (£1.2 million) in commissions.

Source contactmusic