Kath

British Royals

Duke of Edinburgh:

Just realized I conflated 2 different stories earlier in the thread. ChrissyBee mentioned that it's Edward being spoken of to be named Duke of Edinburgh after his father's death, and I saw the news about Harry taking over Philip's military role as a hint that he (Harry) was being groomed for that Dukedom. So I was confused (yet again - hey, I'm an American unused to titles - doing the best I can :-)

Will be interesting to see who gets what titles.....

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/27 **#9**
There is some bad blood going on right now and some palace intrigue. Apparently with the recent holiday traditions, this most popular female royal is under the impression that the highest ranking royal doesn't like her. It all stems from something she was not allowed to do, but the new soon to be royal was. She would be wrong though. She needs to look at the person next to her in bed who told her for years she wasn't allowed simply because he wanted to keep his options open in the event he found someone more to his liking.

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/27 **#10**
Sticking with the royal theme from the last blind, there is more to tell. That divorced royal couple has apparently been living together for the past several years. Apparently this couple is extremely hopeful that the person in the most ill of health in the family passes away soon. There are multiple reasons for this horrible wish. It is that person who has kept the female in the divorced couple away from public events. It is also that person who has refused to reinstate allowances for the children of the couple. That person is of the belief that the children should be working. The divorced male in the relationship has been threatening that the kids will start earning money doing reality television and other untoward things if the allowances are not reinstated.

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/28 **#9**

Another royal one for you. That new bride is going to be offered something for her wedding to wear that is an original so to speak. It wasn't offered to the most recent big bride in that huge wedding. This would be huge.

Is this supposed to be Meghan wearing Diana’s dress? If so I don’t believe this for a minute from either side. Otherwise, I’ve got nothing.

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/28 **#9**

Another royal one for you. That new bride is going to be offered something for her wedding to wear that is an original so to speak. It wasn't offered to the most recent big bride in that huge wedding. This would be huge.

Is this supposed to be Meghan wearing Diana’s dress? If so I don’t believe this for a minute from either side. Otherwise, I’ve got nothing.

Other boards are guessing the tiara, not the dress....

In #9 I'm not really sure what Will told Kaye she couldn't do that Megan is doing? Spending the holidays at Sandringham before marriage?

And WTF does Fakey know about British royalty? ;-)

So, Philip wants Beatrice and Eugenia to work? Good for him! Isn't it not a secret that Fergie has been living with Andrew?

This is interesting there was a story on MSN how they are all bent about the upcoming wedding and how Andrew is all bent because he thinks William Harry and Charles get the lion share of attention.

They only thing I could think of was the picture of them at Kate's wedding and how they were compared to the evil step sisters in Cinderella. :shocked:

• Like 1

I'll have to figure out a way to get Netflix to watch S2. Is it one of the downloadable options?? I'd read they we're adding more. I can't stream from home.

I taped The Coronation on BBCAMERICA last night. They've been showing clips on the news. Damn, the Queen looks great. Her legs!! I guess 87 years of horseback riding will give you those amazing legs and posture....

Can't wait to watch the entire interview ;-)

• Like 1

I'll have to figure out a way to get Netflix to watch S2. Is it one of the downloadable options?? I'd read they we're adding more. I can't stream from home.

Check your neighborhood library. If it is out on DVD, they may have a copy.

I don't think S2 is on video yet (Amazon doesn't have it, so...)

The Crown S1 was one of the downloadable options on Netflix, so if S2 is as well, I might have to join netflix again (I can download at work - cannot stream at home)

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 01/16 **#9**
This foreign born A++ list celebrity probably can't back out without looking foolish, but a lot more people are whispering about the past of his significant other. One thing that is very noticeable is at a recent event, the significant other worked hard to get the attention on herself rather than him. Further, there were only about 20 people who showed up and the year previous with that first couple in attendance the number was about ten times higher.

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 01/16 **#9**

This foreign born A++ list celebrity probably can't back out without looking foolish, but a lot more people are whispering about the past of his significant other. One thing that is very noticeable is at a recent event, the significant other worked hard to get the attention on herself rather than him. Further, there were only about 20 people who showed up and the year previous with that first couple in attendance the number was about ten times higher.

oh enty please

• Like 2

What am I not getting here?

enty wants us all to believe that 1) Harry wants to back out of the wedding, and 2) there is no public interest in Harry and Meghan

What am I not getting here?

enty wants us all to believe that 1) Harry wants to back out of the wedding, and 2) there is no public interest in Harry and Meghan

Well I can't speak to number (1) (but I doubt it); and (2) definitely wrong about number (2).

From the Telegraph

Princess Eugenie engaged to Jack Brooksbank: Couple 'float with laughter and love', says Duchess of York in gushing tweets

Princess Eugenie is to marry her long-term boyfriend Jack Brooksbank, it has been announced, as her mother described how the couple "float with laughter and love" in a series of gushing social media posts.

Buckingham Palace announced on Monday morning that the Queen's granddaughter became engaged to Mr Brooksbank in Nicaragua earlier this month.

Princess Eugenie's parents, the Duke of York and his former wife Sarah Duchess of York, were "delighted" to announce the engagement, while Mr Brooksbank's parents said they were "completely over the moon".

In a series of Twitter posts after the announcement, the Duchess of York posted a picture of the couple overlaid with the words: "A total embrace of goodness and joy... Eugenie is one of the finest people I know and so together it will be pure harmony".

The wedding will take place at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle this autumn. It is the same venue that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will wed on Saturday, May 19.

Princess Eugenie, 27, and 31-year-old Mr Brooksbank began dating in 2011 after they met while skiing in the Swiss resort of Verbier.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh "are very pleased and wish the couple all the best" following their engagement announcement.

In a statement, the palace said: "The Duke and Duchess of York are delighted to announce the engagement of Princess Eugenie to Mr Jack Brooksbank.

"Her Royal Highness and Mr Brooksbank became engaged in Nicaragua earlier this month.

"The wedding will take place in the Autumn of 2018 at George's Chapel in Windsor, with further details to be announced in due course."

• Like 2

I am all for true love, but if this isn't a blatant attempt at attention grabbing, I don't know what is.

• Like 3

Yeah, Fergie's tweets were a little over the top, eh?

I can't wait to see what she decides on for a dress & headgear ;-) [Eugenie, I mean, not Fergie - though her choices might be interesting as well! Camilla really does the "mother of the bride/senior royal" look well, but I don't think Fergie wants to give in to that age/role so much....(yes, Fergie is younger than Camilla, by 11 years, but still....)]

Watching the Coronation now and laughing at the Queen playing with her crowns. She really does have a lovely dry sense of humor!!!

Re Fergie, I wonder if she wanted to make a stark contrast to how reserved Charles and Camilla were announcing Harry's engagement?

I preferred the quote from Brooksbank’s gran, who told the press that he’s a charming boy but “not the most intelligent”.

They’ve also been told they can’t marry in September as they apparently wanted because of other royal family commitments, so if it is attention grabbing I don’t think Charles at least will let it happen.

• Like 1