princess

Mariah Carey

There's never a doubt the girl can sing. Isn't she the one that can break glass with her high note?? :huh:

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/c­elebrity/48912004.htm Joss Stone's Mariah swipe July 6, 2005, 11:53:30 Joss Stone has taken an apparent swipe at Mariah Carey for performing her latest single at Live 8. The teen soul sensation believes people should not have sung their new songs at the charity concert because the show shouldn't have been for personal gain. She said: "I didn't want to sing my single because that's really lame and pathetic and stupid and not what it's all about". Not only did Mariah perform her latest song, 'We Belong Together', at Live 8, but she made the point of telling fans it was her new single. However, Joss claims Mariah was "really nice" when she met her. She said on Britain's BBC Radio 2: "She does come across as a bit of an idiot on TV, but she's actually quite nice. She's all smiley and really lovely".

thesuperficial.com

Mariah Carey draws on fake abs

I'm not sure where I stand when it comes to drawing on abs with a crayon, but I'm probably totally for it. Especially if it's Mariah Carey performing at the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular and making a total clown of herself. I can only imagine what was going through her feeble little brain as her assistant drew on the fake abs. "I look really fat today. Maybe if I draw on a weird six pack nobody will notice. Yeah, this will definitely work. Girls with cartoon abs are totally hot."

[image via Mariah Daily]

post-9-1120701469.jpg

thesuperficial.com

Mariah Carey draws on fake abs

I'm not sure where I stand when it comes to drawing on abs with a crayon, but I'm probably totally for it. Especially if it's Mariah Carey performing at the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular and making a total clown of herself. I can only imagine what was going through her feeble little brain as her assistant drew on the fake abs. "I look really fat today. Maybe if I draw on a weird six pack nobody will notice. Yeah, this will definitely work. Girls with cartoon abs are totally hot."

OMG....I never heard of such a thing. Those definitely are not real. She has been on the meaty side for awhile....not meaty in the real world - let me clarify that - but compared to others in Hollywood......

MARIAH'S SISTER IN HOOKER ARREST

July 7, 2005 -- Mariah Carey's troubled, HIV-positive sister has been

arrested for prostitution - for a second time. Suffolk County police said they picked up Alison Carey, 43, after she

solicited an undercover cop at the West Shore Marina in Huntington, L.I., on

June 13.

"She offered to engage in sexual conduct for $250 in cash," a police source

said.

Explaining the long lag time between Carey's arrest and the public release

of her family ties, another source said, "We don't ask for the family tree

when someone is put under arrest for prostitution."

It was Alison's second prostitution arrest.

She was previously busted in April at her Huntington home, police said. She

pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was fined $200 on June 2.

Eleven days later, she was back on the streets, police said. The new charge

carries a maximum of three months in jail.

Alison Carey has been out of tune with her family for years. She has claimed

in interviews that she started turning tricks as a teenager, and that her

work paid for limos that took her younger sister to her early gigs.

In the early 1990s, Alison was so broke and strung out that her mother got

custody of the young woman's son.

She gave birth to another boy, and spent years in welfare motels and

sleeping in a car. But she later lost custody of that boy, too.

In 2000, she shopped a tell-all book about her life and her famous sister,

whom she called a "vain and heartless multimillionaire." The book was never

published, if it was written at all.

A spokeswoman for Mariah Carey did not return a call yesterday.

Alison Carey's lawyer could not be reached.

Source: NYPOST

CAREY RAGES OVER CELLULITE GAG ON LIVE TV R&B beauty Mariah Carey flew into a rage on live German TV Thursday night -- after a cheeky comedian drew attention to her cellulite problem. The singer attacked funnyman Oliver Pocher during a tense interview, after he looked at her tight-fitting dress and joked, "What do you call a stuffed sausage in English?" She fumed, "There are too many men here, you are not being fair." Pocher explains, "We were discussing the cellulite Ms. Carey has on her legs. I only said what the public were thinking."

The 'Emancipation' of Mariah Carey's Bosom

(Tuesday, July 12 02:02 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) "Vision of Love" singer Mariah Carey was a vision of nudity when she accidentally exposed her breasts on German television.

The 35-year-old chanteuse reportedly experienced the now cliched wardrobe malfunction -- made famous by Janet Jackson and recently experienced by "Dancing with the Stars" winner Kelly Monaco -- during a performance in Karlsruhe, Germany, according to overseas news sources.

Much to the disappointment of her male fans, the show's organizers worked quick damage control, throwing the power switch to cause the stage to go dark.

Carey reportedly joked, "Someone bring me a jacket or the show's off. We all know how quickly these images can spread around the world," and then darted backstage to fix her clothing. Ever the trouper, Carey returned to finish the concert.

In other Carey news, the New York Post reports that her sister Alison Carey Scott was arrested for hooking -- prostitution, not crocheting. Carey has reportedly washed her hands of the entire affair, wanting "Alison to want to help herself."

Carey's latest album, "The Emancipation of Mimi," dropped in April and features the singles "We Belong Together" and "Shake It Off." She won a Grammy in 1990 for best new artist and for her pop vocal peformance the same year for "Vision of Love."

sfgate.com

CAREY'S SORE FEET FORCE HER TO EXPLAIN DIVA ANTICS

Mariah Carey had to be carried around the set of her new video "Shake It Off" because she couldn't walk in the high-heeled shoes she chose for the shoot.

But keen to dispel reports that her refusal to walk around was a further example of her bid to become a top pop diva], Carey told a TV crew covering the promo that she was in agony -- and then insisted her make-up artist made it clear that the fancy shoes had left her feet bleeding.

She complained, "I can't walk in these shoes and it's not because I'm being a diva ... Laugh all you want, my feet hurt."

Caring director Jake Nava immediately called for a pair of comfortable slippers, so his star could rest her weary feet -- but that failed to impress Carey because she can't wear flat shoes.

She explained, "My feet repel them."

But British video director Nava still insisted working with Carey was a treat.

He says, "She arrived on the set early and we worked well together. She's so not a diva really."

EOnline.comALL TIED UP: Mariah Carey notching her 17th number one single on the Billboard Hot 100 Thursday with"Don't Forget About Us," tying Elvis Presley's record for a solo artist and moving closer to the Beatles' all-time record of 20 number one singles.

NY Daily NewsCindy Adams... . . Superhot again Mariah Carey's concert contracts specify she be provided with Cristal champagne and flutes, Simple Peche sparkling wine, complete Celestial Seasonings tea setup, Wet & Dry handywipes, Dove liquid soap, Famous Amos Fatfree bars, S&W stuffed olives, Newman's Own popcorn, Tostitos mild salsa, lemon Ricola drops, Borden's evaporated milk, Drake's coffee cake, Dijon mustard (with the evaporated milk and coffee cake???), Coca-Cola Classic, lite low lean whole wheat bread. So what's she want under her tree? Tums? ...

SOURCE: GaySocialites.comMariah Carey will hit the road for the first time in more than three years this summer on the "Adventures of Mimi: The Voice, The Hits, The Tour" arena outing. Tickets go on sale June 2nd. Here are the stops: Aug. 5: Miami (American Airlines Arena)Aug. 7: Tampa, Fla. (St. Pete Times Forum)Aug. 9: Atlanta (Philips Arena)Aug. 11: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)Aug. 13: Toronto (Air Canada Centre)Aug. 15: Montreal (Bell Centre)Aug. 17: Atlantic City, N.J. (Trump Taj Mahal)Aug. 21: Boston (TD Banknorth Garden)Aug. 23: New York (Madison Square Garden)Aug. 25: Uncasville, Conn. (Mohegan Sun)Aug. 27: East Rutherford, N.J. (Continental Airlines Arena)Aug. 29: New York (Madison Square Garden)Sept. 1: Albany, N.Y. (Pepsi Arena)Sept. 3: Hershey, Pa. (Giant Center)Sept. 5: Verona, N.Y. (Turning Stone Event Center) Sept. 7: Washington, D.C. (Verizon CenterSept. 9: Auburn Hills, Mich. (Palace of Auburn Hills)Sept. 11: Chicago (United Center)Sept. 14: Houston (Toyota Center)Sept. 16: Dallas (American Airlines Arena)Sept. 18: Denver (Pepsi Center)Sept. 21: Edmonton, Alberta (Rexall Place)Sept. 23: Vancouver (GM Place)Sept. 24: Seattle (Key Arena)Sept. 27: Sacramento, Calif. (Arco Arena)Sept. 30: Las Vegas (MGM Grand)Oct. 2: Oakland, Calif. (Oakland Arena)Oct. 4: San Diego (Sports Arena)Oct. 6: Los Angeles (Staples Center)Oct. 8: Anaheim, Calif. (Arrowhead Pond)Oct. 10: Phoenix (US Airways Center)

Posted Image

Singer Mariah Carey, who is about to take her Adventures Of Mimi tour overseas, told TV's Extra Monday night (October 9th) that she plans to release a new concert DVD. Titled Divarie, the proposed disk will document highlights from her tour, including all her wacky diva exploits on the road.

What may not be included are scenes from her October 8th stop in Anaheim, California. Sources reported that Mariah was booed by the audience, which waited more than two hours for the diva to hit the stage. Her bassist and friend Randy Jackson of American Idol fame, tried to calm and entertain the audience, but also got his share of boos. Carey reportedly arrived at about 10 p.m., and the rest of the show went on without a hitch.

At her show on Friday, October 7th, at Staples Center in Los Angeles, local Power 106 DJ Big Boy proposed to his girlfriend on stage, and then Carey herself named a baby when a pregnant fan woman told her idol that she wanted to name her child for the singer, but discovered the baby would be a boy. According to the Los Angeles Daily News, "The wonder that is Mariah thought for a second, giving three suggestions: Roy (for her late dad), Trey (for backup singer Trey Lorenz) and Carey. The woman looked pleased. Carey it would be."

Carey wraps her U.S. tour tonight (October 10th) at Phoenix, Arizona's US Airways Arena.

mariahdaily.com / ohnotheydidnt

Diva Alert: Mariah, Janet CDs Previewed

Friday, February 15, 2008

By Roger Friedman

Alicia Keys’ long run at the top of the charts is about to be threatened.

On Thursday I spent more than an hour at Island/DefJam Records previewing the new CDs from Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey. Each is highly anticipated, and with good reason. They’re pretty damn good.

Carey’s CD, "E=MC2," probably is the more anticipated if only because her prior release, "Emancipation of Mimi," was such a phenomenal success. Buoyed by several hits including "We Belong Together" and "Don’t Forget About Us," "Emancipation" spent months on the charts and won a number of Grammys. It re-established Mariah as a superstar after her failed "Glitter" project and subsequent "Charmbracelet."

"E=MC2" (a play on the previous album’s title) should have a pretty big impact when it hits the world on April 15. Already the single "Touch My Body," with its refrain, "I will hunt you down," has taken off on the radio. It doesn’t hurt that it bears a resemblance to "We Belong Together." But the new single is catchy in its own right and has an independent hook designed to be addictive.

I heard eight other tracks on Thursday, but since the album isn’t sequenced I can’t tell you where they fall in order. In the order I enjoyed them came first "Bye, Bye," a powerful ballad that should be a single and probably will close the album. It’s a natural singalong in concert, too, which could make it not only wildly popular but a possible Grammy contender next year. Look out.

The next most commercial number is "Thanks for Nothing," a witty and rueful tune with another great melody, courtesy of Jermaine Dupri and Carey. As on "Bye Bye," Carey’s vocals are superb. Her infamous eight-octave range has suffered a little wear and tear over the years, but Carey still can flutter from great highs to mellow lows like no one else.

Some other highlights included "Cruise Control," featuring Damian Marley with a driving reggae subtext; "Migrate" with T-Pain, which should be a single and perhaps the album’s kick-off track; "Last Kiss," with Dupri on vocals; a breathy disco dance hit called "I’m That Chick"; and out-and-out pop song "Loving You a Long Time," which samples DeBarge’s "Stay with Me" and recalls the melodic riff of the "Hill Street Blues" theme music.

From track to track I kept thinking that Carey and her crew have put a lot of work into making "E=MC2" not just a hit, but a sustainable success. There’s enough in the package that it will last as long as "Emancipation," spinning off singles, remixes and videos.

RATNER STUNNED BY CAREY'S HOT BODY

Moviemaker BRETT RATNER can't wait to release MARIAH CAREY's new TOUCH MY BODY video next week (beg25Feb08) - because he's convinced the world will wow over the sexy singer's toned new look. Ratner directs the much-anticipated promo and admits even he was stunned by his pal's rocking body. He says, "Mariah looks better than she has ever looked... It's ridiculous. She has this trainer that she flew in from (Caribbean island) St. Barts and this woman has been beating the hell out of her and her body. "She has an incredible body, but she was always very voluptuous; now she's just, like, fit and I was, like, we've gotta show this body." Ratner hopes to have the video, which also features U.S. TV funnyman Jack MCBreyer, ready to air online by Monday (25Feb08).

Mariah Carey Considers A '30 Rock' Role

Mariah Carey is set to repay funnyman Jack Mcbrayer for his cameo in her new video Touch My Body - by guest starring in his popular TV comedy 30 Rock.

McBrayer, who plays Kenneth The Page in the hit show, agreed to take part in Carey's saucy new promo - as a computer nerd who dreams of romancing the pop superstar. And the singer was so taken with the TV star; she's considering joining the cast of his show.

She says, "I love 30 Rock and he's hilarious on the show. It would be fun (to do the show)."

Mariah Carey set to rule singles chart

Mariah Carey is on track to collect her 18th No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart next week.

"Touch My Body," the first single from her upcoming album, dipped one place to No. 15 on the latest survey, issued Thursday. But the fresh availability of a digital download should send the song hurtling to the top next week.

That will push Carey to second place among artists with the most No. 1s in the rock era. The record is held by the Beatles with 20. She is currently tied with Elvis Presley.

Carey's album, "E=MC2," the follow-up to her 2005 Grammy-winning smash "The Emancipation of Mimi," is due in U.S. stores on April 15.

The current Hot 100 champ is Leona Lewis, who becomes only the third British solo female artist in the rock era to reach the top with her debut chart entry, "Bleeding Love." The only other artists to achieve this milestone were Sheena Easton with "Morning Train (Nine to Five)" in 1981 and Petula Clark with "Downtown" in 1965.

Counting all U.K. solo females who have spent time at No. 1 on the pop singles chart, Lewis is the first to visit the penthouse since Kim Wilde had a one-week stay in June 1987 with her cover of "You Keep Me Hangin' On." Counting all U.K. acts that have reached the summit, Lewis is the first to do so since James Blunt occupied the top rung for one week in March 2006 with "You're Beautiful."

A little further down the latest Hot 100, Madonna's "4 Minutes" entered at No. 68. The Material Girl was last on the Hot 100 with "Sorry," which peaked at No. 58 in March 2006.

"4 Minutes" represents the 53rd entry of Madonna's career, but only the second single on which she shares billing with another musician: Justin Timberlake is credited as a featured artist. Madonna's first shared credit was "Me Against the Music," the 2003 single that was billed as Britney Spears featuring Madonna.

The new single comes from the album "Hard Candy," which is due in U.S. stores on April 29.

Reuters/Billboard

Copyright © 2008 Reuters Limited.

Mariah Carey's Radio Tantrum

Mariah Carey hung up during a radio interview following a dispute over her record sales.The 'Touch My Body' singer appeared to hastily end the conversation yesterday (30.03.08), when BBC Radio 1 DJ Reggie Yates suggested she had only sold 80 million albums worldwide.

Just before the phone went dead, Mariah said: "Is that the right quote? I don't know. I have to ask someone I don't know if that is accurate."

Reggie said: "I think she took that as an insult. That is how the conversation ended with me and Mariah! She took 80 million albums as an insult. She is mad cool."

Mariah has sold around 165 million records worldwide, and is the second-bestselling female artist of all time behind Celine Dion.

The interview had started well, with Mariah laughing and joking and speaking in a British accent.

She happily talked about her favourite movies, her new single 'Touch My Body ' and her upcoming album 'E=MC2'.

Earlier this month, Mariah revealed she loves being called a diva because it means she is successful, but insists isn't a demanding person.

The 'Hero' singer said: " The actual definition is 'a talented female singer.' Definition two is 'a difficult woman who is successful,' I believe. So I take it as a compliment.

I guess I am a diva in many ways! When it comes to certain things, yes, I can be difficult and a little bit rigid about what I want. Am I demanding? I don't think I'm demanding enough."

Source: people.monstersandcritics.com

Mariah Carey surpasses Elvis in No. 1s

With her 18th chart-topper "Touch My Body," Mariah Carey has passed Elvis Presley for the most No. 1 singles on the Billboard Hot 100, and is now second only to the Beatles.

But while the diva was in full celebration mode after learning of her latest milestone, she was also quick to put her accomplishment in perspective.

"I really can never put myself in the category of people who have not only revolutionized music but also changed the world," Carey told The Associated Press on Tuesday via phone from London. "That's a completely different era and time ... I'm just feeling really happy and grateful."

Carey's single is the new No. 1 single on Billboard's Hot 100 singles chart: The song also is No. 1 on the trade magazine's digital download chart thanks to a precedent-setting 286,000 downloads in its debut week. She had been tied with Presley with 17 No. 1 singles; the Beatles are the all-time leaders with 20 (Madonna also beat a Presley record this week, surpassing the King for the most top 40 hits with her 37th for her hit "4 Minutes."

Carey said being in such company was gratifying not only because of her personal success, but what it meant for women and minorities.

"For me, in my mind the accomplishment is just that much sweeter," she said. "In terms of my ethnicity, always feeling like an outsider, always feeling different ... for me it's about saying, 'Thank you Lord, for giving me the faith to believe in myself when other people had written me off.'"

"Touch My Body" is the first single off of Carey's upcoming album "EMC2," due out April 16. It is the follow-up to her Grammy-winning disc "The Emancipation of Mimi," released in 2005, that year's best-selling album with five million copies sold; it marked a huge comeback for the multiplatinum superstar after personal and professional setbacks.

Like that album, Carey said "EMC2" continues her sense of freedom and rebirth: "It's like emancipation of Mariah Carey to the second power and beyond."

Carey, 38, said this is the most enjoyable point of her nearly two-decade old career, and that's her priority these days, not trying to set sales records or even making pop history.

"I've gone through enough of my life worrying about that kind if thing," said Carey.

"I want to encourage anyone else out there who feels like maybe they can't overcome an obstacle, I feel like I'm living proof ... never lose your faith," she added. "I'm seriously a grateful individual right now."

___

Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press.

Mariah Carey Shrugs Off Leona Lewis Comparisons

R&B superstar Mariah Carey isn't impressed with critics who compare her with pop newcomer Leona Lewis, insisting singers are forever being dubbed "the new Mariah".

Lewis, who shot to number one on the U.S. singles chart last week with her song Bleeding Love, has been likened to soulful divas like Carey and Whitney Houston thanks to her powerful vocals.

But the Heartbreaker hitmaker has dismissed the comments - jokingly stating they can fulfill her laborious promotional duties. She says, "They've been comparing people to me for longer than I can remember. I'm just like, 'Whatever.'

"If they're the new me can they come and do my interviews for me or get in the studio and write one of my songs? Seriously though, I love everybody, it's not a competition for me."/WENN

Mariah Orders Shipment Of Krispy Kremes?

Mariah Carey reportedly ordered a shipment of Krispy Kreme doughnuts to Selfridges, London yesterday.

According to OK!, the US diva also demanded a £5,000 table shipped from New York, designer bottled water from Fiji and a £1,000 throne be sent to the Oxford Street department store.

Two floors of the shop were closed and hundreds of fans queued to meet the singer at the promotional event for her new E=MC2 album.

She arrived at the store two hours late and created traffic chaos with her arrival. The popstar said: "It's really cool that they would do this and it's great to see so many people show up."

Earlier in the day, Carey's decision to go shopping in Covent Garden caused a scuffle between paparazzi and the diva's security.

A witness said: "Her bruisers got out of the car before her and clashed with a stack of photographers anticipating her.

"One really aggressive one sized right up to a snapper and it had to be defused."

Source: digitalspy.co.uk

Is Mariah Carey Dating Nick Cannon?

Superstar Mariah Carey is secretly dating actor Nick Cannon, according to reports. The pair hooked up after Cannon starred in a music video for the singer's new album E=MC2, a friend tells the National Enquirer.

And the source claims Carey is keen to keep the romance under wraps: "Mariah is the master when it comes to keeping her relationships secret. Even though she's a big star, she likes to keep her private life to herself."

Carey's exes include record boss Tommy Mottola, rapper Eminem and singer Luis Miguel. Cannon was last known to be dating actress Zulay Henao, after breaking off his engagement to model Selita Ebanks. /WENN