Kath

British Royals

Posted Image

Prince Charles and Camilla's Snowy Christmas Card

Wednesday December 08, 2010 06:55 AM EST

people.com

Ready, set, ski!

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, took to the slopes to take photos for this year's royal Christmas card, which depicts the beaming couple atop a snowy mountainside in a winter wonderland.

An annual tradition, the Prince of Wales, 62, has often included Princes William and Harry in previous years' photos. But for this Christmas, it's all about the future king and his Mrs., who are beaming and bundled up from head to toe.

– Kiran Hefa

By ninemsn staff

Disgraced royal Sarah Ferguson walked out of a 60 Minutes interview after she was asked to watch footage of herself offering to sell access to her former husband Prince Andrew.

The Nine Network aired excerpts of the turbulent interview last night in a promotion for Sunday night's program. The Duchess of York is seen getting out of her chair and walking away from reporter Michael Usher in the middle of their interview, filmed in a country house outside London. The footage also shows Ferguson snapping at Usher, glaring at him with a furious expression, rolling her eyes, sighing angrily and demanding producers "delete that bit".

Usher said he felt like he hit it off with Ferguson who arrived full of confidence and with a big smile but "it all went a bit south". In his blog on 60 Minutes Usher described Ferguson's attitude as icier than "the wilds of the Arctic," saying the interview was testing and tense but also revealing.

Ferguson's manager John Scott told the Daily Telegraph the former royal was angry and stormed off because Usher "ambushed" her with News of the World undercover footage of the scandal. But 60 Minutes executive producer Hamish Thomson told ninemsn Ferguson had agreed to talk about the incident, which made headlines around the world in May last year and features prominently in her new biography Finding Sarah: a Duchess's journey to find herself.

"It was telegraphed well in advance, she shouldn’t of been shocked by the fact that we asked her about it," Thomson said. Thomson said Usher and Ferguson discussed the scandal only moments before the interview. "But then bizarrely when we went inside the house for the sit-down interview when Michael asked it she became quite frosty."

The producer said he was mystified as to why the Duchess stormed off. "Maybe she had just had enough of it," he said. "She says in the interview she wanted to discuss it to a certain level and not anymore but we never really got to the bottom of it, it's a mystery."

Ferguson's manager rang Thomson yesterday morning demanding the 60 Minutes promo be taken off air. But Thomson said the manager had been told several times in advance that the footage would be shown. "He would be naive to think that we wouldn’t use the most dramatic feature of the interview to promote the story, he's a professional media manager," Thomson said.

In May 2010 Ferguson was filmed by News of the World offering access to her former husband Prince Andrew for $785,000 by an undercover reporter posing as an Indian businessman.

The producer said he was mystified as to why the Duchess stormed off. "Maybe she had just had enough of it," he said. "She says in the interview she wanted to discuss it to a certain level and not anymore but we never really got to the bottom of it, it's a mystery."

What's so mysterious about the fact she wanted cash for doing the interview but didn't want to take responsibility for her problems? It's always the same old story with Sarah Ferguson.

In May 2010 Ferguson was filmed by News of the World offering access to her former husband Prince Andrew for $785,000 by an undercover reporter posing as an Indian businessman.

Why don't we make it an even million and call it a day?

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/21/prince-harry...as-hotel-party/

EXCLUSIVEPrince Harry put the crown jewels on display in Vegas this weekend ... getting BARE ASS NAKED during a game of strip billiards with a room full of friends in his VIP suite.

It all went down Friday night during a raging party in a high rollers hotel suite.

We're told Harry, along with a large entourage, went down to the hotel bar and met a bunch of hot chicks ... and invited them up to his VIP suite.

Once in the room, things got WILD ... with the group playing a game of strip pool that quickly escalated into full-on royal nudity.

Some of the partiers snapped photos of the madness. In one photo, a fully nude Harry cups his genitals while a seemingly topless woman stands behind him.

In another photo, a naked Harry is bear-hugging a woman who appears to be completely naked as well.

No word on who the women are ... or if they got Harry's phone number.

A rep for the Royal Family tells us, "We have no comment to make on the photos at this time."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/21/prince-harry.../#ixzz24EqiNdZa

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/21/prince-harry...as-hotel-party/

EXCLUSIVEPrince Harry put the crown jewels on display in Vegas this weekend ... getting BARE ASS NAKED during a game of strip billiards with a room full of friends in his VIP suite.

It all went down Friday night during a raging party in a high rollers hotel suite.

We're told Harry, along with a large entourage, went down to the hotel bar and met a bunch of hot chicks ... and invited them up to his VIP suite.

Once in the room, things got WILD ... with the group playing a game of strip pool that quickly escalated into full-on royal nudity.

Some of the partiers snapped photos of the madness. In one photo, a fully nude Harry cups his genitals while a seemingly topless woman stands behind him.

In another photo, a naked Harry is bear-hugging a woman who appears to be completely naked as well.

No word on who the women are ... or if they got Harry's phone number.

A rep for the Royal Family tells us, "We have no comment to make on the photos at this time."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/21/prince-harry.../#ixzz24EqiNdZa

I am sad to report I was not invited to this naked soiree, so I can't give you all a full report. :D

Maybe next time he comes to town I will have better luck.

I was hyperventilating I was so excited last night when I saw this - I kept saying "Naked Prince Harry" over and over again. My husband - thank goodness - was just bemused and said "where". Vegas, of course. He was with Ryan Lochte. My husband (I've trained him well!) says "Oh, are they gay?" I said no - they were players, surrounded by bikinis in Vegas all day and playing strip billiards at night and I showed him the photos......

(yet again, life was so much easier when we were younger and there were so many fewer cameras & video cameras around.....)

I was hyperventilating I was so excited last night when I saw this - I kept saying "Naked Prince Harry" over and over again. My husband - thank goodness - was just bemused and said "where". Vegas, of course. He was with Ryan Lochte. My husband (I've trained him well!) says "Oh, are they gay?" I said no - they were players, surrounded by bikinis in Vegas all day and playing strip billiards at night and I showed him the photos......

HAHAHAHAHA - my husband says the same thing :D

Edited by fykeylicious

Absolutely nothing about Harry and Ryan Lochte partying together surprises me. Remember allof the doucheyarticles about Ryan? Harry is totally that guy with a lot more money and a British accent. I still kind of love them both, but stil...

Absolutely nothing about Harry and Ryan Lochte partying together surprises me. Remember allof the doucheyarticles about Ryan? Harry is totally that guy with a lot more money and a British accent. I still kind of love them both, but stil...

Well, yes and no. I think Harry is actually a lot smarter (and certainly better educated) than Lochte. Both love to party, certainly, and love the "fun" girls......

Well, yes and no. I think Harry is actually a lot smarter (and certainly better educated) than Lochte. Both love to party, certainly, and love the "fun" girls......

I know the girls' parents are proud to see them in the photos.

I think Harry suffers from "spare" syndrome. He can't get a regular job in an office or retail store or whatever people do. The army is the only "suitable" career for a royal. Yet, he has millions of his own money inherited from his mother and given by his father. He needs more and more excitement to feel a thrill of some kind. What will they do some day when (heaven forbid) something happens to William and we have King Henry the 9th.

Remember the scandal of his tutor taking his tests for him? He isn't even allowed to fail properly.

I feel oddly maternal towards the boys because I was the world's biggest Diana fan. I hate to see him drink his life away.

Prince Harry Should Be King of England, Mayor of Funkytown, Chief Inspector of Boobs

Posted Image

The British monarchy is an expensively maintained tourist attraction, chiefly composed of distant cousins who have married one another, the peasant daughter of a local party planner, and several large hats. Anyone could be the head of it. Queen Elizabeth II, a corgi wearing a monocle, London-born Mischa Barton. Anyone.

The King or Queen of England's job consists mostly of visiting hospitals, hosting parties, and giving Kate Middleton nervous poops.

Know who's great at all those things? Prince Harry.

Yes, Harry is "irresponsible," "a loose-cannon," and "a wild card" who "has red hair." But he is also fit for a king.

Just to get it all out in the open, here's a list of all the scandalous things Harry has done (on record):

Smoked Weed Err Day

One summer, 16-year-old Harry's father and brother left him alone at their country estate for two months, which they should have known not to do because that kid has a mischievous face. Harry regularly got smashed at a local pub and was seen smoking some marijuana like a cigarette—real cool guy—at private "after hours" parties, held at his family's estate.

St. James' palace did not deny the reports, and even confirmed that Harry had "experimented with [marijuana] on several occasions." A statement stressed this drug use was not "regular." (It was extraordinary.)

Punishment: Prince Charles took Harry to a rehab clinic and introduced him to recovering heroin and cocaine addicts, or, as Prince Harry probably saw them, valuable contacts who had good rapport with local dealers. He also phoned the headmaster of Harry's school, Eton College, and asked that Harry's weekend passes be limited. Luckily, Harry knew of a secret passageway under a statue in the third floor corridor that led straight to Honeydukes' cellar.

Gotten an F in Art

In 2003, an art teacher at Eton claimed that she had written five pages of text that were submitted as part of Harry's coursework journal and that another instructor had done work on a painting later presented as the prince's own. Harry said he had merely asked her to come up with what the BBC News called "'descriptive terms' to explain the link between his coursework and its inspiration." In other words: to explain the painting he didn't paint, and its relation to art history.

Punishment: Now everyone knows Harry is the kind of super stupid dum-dum who is forced to cheat at Art. (He was eventually "totally cleared" of cheating.)

Performed the Scuffle Shuffle with a Photographer

While leaving a nightclub. The guy ended up with a cut lip. We've all done it.

Punishment: Most people blamed the paparazzo. His dad probably asked him not to do it again. William probably tried to make a joke to lighten the mood and failed.

Been a Nazi

At age 20, Prince Harry thought a cool thing might be to go to a costume party dressed as a Nazi. The theme of the party was "Colonial and Native," so Harry wasn't even the right kind of offensive. Worst of all, his costume was a lazy, slipshod effort that basically consisted of khakis and a swastika armband, even though you know he has the money to go out and buy a high quality Nazi costume.

Punishment: For many people, Prince Harry's Nazi Costume Fantasy was the moment he went from "drunk Uncle Harry who is bawdy and fun" to "drunk Uncle Harry who offers to give you a backrub and then calls you an ‘ungrateful slut bitch' when you decline." It upset pretty much everyone. The palace issued a statement apologizing on the Prince's behalf.

Been a Racist

In 2009, 3-year-old leaked video footage of Harry at the Sandhurst military academy showed the prince describing a Pakistani cadet as "our little Paki friend," and telling another officer that he looked "like a rag head." A few months later, a black comedian said Harry had told him he didn't "sound like a black chap" after the entertainer performed at Prince Charles' birthday.

Punishment: Everyone was mad at Harry again, including Army. St. James' Palace released an apology saying that Harry was "extremely sorry" for any offense and arguing that "Paki" was just a fun nickname. The statement also said "Prince Harry used the term 'raghead' to mean Taleban or Iraqi insurgent," which is a fact but not an apology. No one could ever confirm that the private conversation had taken place between Harry and his little Black friend, the comedian.

Rubbed His Royal Junk on Naked Girls in Vegas

The same weekend he signed an historic peace treaty with the People's Republic of Lochtenation, Prince Harry was photographed prancing around naked with (and bear hugging from behind) some random party gals in Las Vegas. Everyone figured Prince Harry was doing this stuff anyway, but no one can quite believe he allowed himself to be photographed.

Punishment: The palace is pissed. A spokesman for the royal family said "We have no comment to make at this time." Prince Harry was flown back to England in the middle of the night. His palms will hurt for days from all the high fives he will receive (from friends and strangers, but not his family).

Even With All Those Skeletons...

...doesn't he seem like the kind of fun guy you'd want as a figurehead?

Whom would you rather have visit you when you're ill? William, who will bring you a card "signed by everyone in the office" signed by half the people in the office, or Harry, who will make balloons for you out of latex gloves and dress up in scrubs and pretend he's a doctor so he can sit in on your surgery and "keep an eye on things" even though you've begged him not to?

Whom would you rather have attending diplomatic functions? William, whose nervous, quiet laughter echoes so hollowly in marble ballrooms, or Harry, who can cajole the heads of warring nations to arm wrestle just by yelling "This one's for the Facebook!"

In fact, once Harry's king, why not go ahead and give him absolute power? What's the worst he's gonna do? "SHOTS. It's the law." That's not even a sentence, Prince Harry. He'd probably retain the entire Parliament as a "panel of advisors," but every once in a while the entire United Kingdom would be treated to a mandatory "wear your pajamas to work day" courtesy of King Henry.

The appeal of Prince Harry is that, whether he's playing "strip pool" in Vegas, challenging Olympic gold medalists to swimming races in jeans, or making sex faces at William every time he stands behind Kate Middleton, he's just doing what any of us would do if we were a prince. Or Prince.

He's already King of the Kids. Now let's make him King of England.

Prince Harry Should Be King of England, Mayor of Funkytown, Chief Inspector of Boobs

Posted Image

The British monarchy is an expensively maintained tourist attraction, chiefly composed of distant cousins who have married one another, the peasant daughter of a local party planner, and several large hats. Anyone could be the head of it. Queen Elizabeth II, a corgi wearing a monocle, London-born Mischa Barton. Anyone.

The King or Queen of England's job consists mostly of visiting hospitals, hosting parties, and giving Kate Middleton nervous poops.

Know who's great at all those things? Prince Harry.

Yes, Harry is "irresponsible," "a loose-cannon," and "a wild card" who "has red hair." But he is also fit for a king.

Just to get it all out in the open, here's a list of all the scandalous things Harry has done (on record):

Smoked Weed Err Day

One summer, 16-year-old Harry's father and brother left him alone at their country estate for two months, which they should have known not to do because that kid has a mischievous face. Harry regularly got smashed at a local pub and was seen smoking some marijuana like a cigarette—real cool guy—at private "after hours" parties, held at his family's estate.

St. James' palace did not deny the reports, and even confirmed that Harry had "experimented with [marijuana] on several occasions." A statement stressed this drug use was not "regular." (It was extraordinary.)

Punishment: Prince Charles took Harry to a rehab clinic and introduced him to recovering heroin and cocaine addicts, or, as Prince Harry probably saw them, valuable contacts who had good rapport with local dealers. He also phoned the headmaster of Harry's school, Eton College, and asked that Harry's weekend passes be limited. Luckily, Harry knew of a secret passageway under a statue in the third floor corridor that led straight to Honeydukes' cellar.

Gotten an F in Art

In 2003, an art teacher at Eton claimed that she had written five pages of text that were submitted as part of Harry's coursework journal and that another instructor had done work on a painting later presented as the prince's own. Harry said he had merely asked her to come up with what the BBC News called "'descriptive terms' to explain the link between his coursework and its inspiration." In other words: to explain the painting he didn't paint, and its relation to art history.

Punishment: Now everyone knows Harry is the kind of super stupid dum-dum who is forced to cheat at Art. (He was eventually "totally cleared" of cheating.)

Performed the Scuffle Shuffle with a Photographer

While leaving a nightclub. The guy ended up with a cut lip. We've all done it.

Punishment: Most people blamed the paparazzo. His dad probably asked him not to do it again. William probably tried to make a joke to lighten the mood and failed.

Been a Nazi

At age 20, Prince Harry thought a cool thing might be to go to a costume party dressed as a Nazi. The theme of the party was "Colonial and Native," so Harry wasn't even the right kind of offensive. Worst of all, his costume was a lazy, slipshod effort that basically consisted of khakis and a swastika armband, even though you know he has the money to go out and buy a high quality Nazi costume.

Punishment: For many people, Prince Harry's Nazi Costume Fantasy was the moment he went from "drunk Uncle Harry who is bawdy and fun" to "drunk Uncle Harry who offers to give you a backrub and then calls you an ‘ungrateful slut bitch' when you decline." It upset pretty much everyone. The palace issued a statement apologizing on the Prince's behalf.

Been a Racist

In 2009, 3-year-old leaked video footage of Harry at the Sandhurst military academy showed the prince describing a Pakistani cadet as "our little Paki friend," and telling another officer that he looked "like a rag head." A few months later, a black comedian said Harry had told him he didn't "sound like a black chap" after the entertainer performed at Prince Charles' birthday.

Punishment: Everyone was mad at Harry again, including Army. St. James' Palace released an apology saying that Harry was "extremely sorry" for any offense and arguing that "Paki" was just a fun nickname. The statement also said "Prince Harry used the term 'raghead' to mean Taleban or Iraqi insurgent," which is a fact but not an apology. No one could ever confirm that the private conversation had taken place between Harry and his little Black friend, the comedian.

Rubbed His Royal Junk on Naked Girls in Vegas

The same weekend he signed an historic peace treaty with the People's Republic of Lochtenation, Prince Harry was photographed prancing around naked with (and bear hugging from behind) some random party gals in Las Vegas. Everyone figured Prince Harry was doing this stuff anyway, but no one can quite believe he allowed himself to be photographed.

Punishment: The palace is pissed. A spokesman for the royal family said "We have no comment to make at this time." Prince Harry was flown back to England in the middle of the night. His palms will hurt for days from all the high fives he will receive (from friends and strangers, but not his family).

Even With All Those Skeletons...

...doesn't he seem like the kind of fun guy you'd want as a figurehead?

Whom would you rather have visit you when you're ill? William, who will bring you a card "signed by everyone in the office" signed by half the people in the office, or Harry, who will make balloons for you out of latex gloves and dress up in scrubs and pretend he's a doctor so he can sit in on your surgery and "keep an eye on things" even though you've begged him not to?

Whom would you rather have attending diplomatic functions? William, whose nervous, quiet laughter echoes so hollowly in marble ballrooms, or Harry, who can cajole the heads of warring nations to arm wrestle just by yelling "This one's for the Facebook!"

In fact, once Harry's king, why not go ahead and give him absolute power? What's the worst he's gonna do? "SHOTS. It's the law." That's not even a sentence, Prince Harry. He'd probably retain the entire Parliament as a "panel of advisors," but every once in a while the entire United Kingdom would be treated to a mandatory "wear your pajamas to work day" courtesy of King Henry.

The appeal of Prince Harry is that, whether he's playing "strip pool" in Vegas, challenging Olympic gold medalists to swimming races in jeans, or making sex faces at William every time he stands behind Kate Middleton, he's just doing what any of us would do if we were a prince. Or Prince.

He's already King of the Kids. Now let's make him King of England.

He sounds like any military guy I know. Not condoning racism but that's the kind of weird comraderie guys build with their battle buddies

Posted Image

Prince Andrew Takes the First Royal Selfie at Buckingham Palace

By Tim Nudd

04/03/2014 at 11:05 AM EDT

people.com

Okay, now everyone is doing it everywhere.

Prince Andrew on Wednesday snapped what is believed to be the first royal selfie taken inside Buckingham Palace – normally a tech-free zone – grinning in front of a group of 350 young people who were attending an event about technology and business.

The Duke of York, 54, posted the photo on Twitter, without a caption. It hasn't caught fire quite like Ellen DeGeneres's Oscars selfie – it has 287 retweets – but marks a milestone in social media, for better or worse.

"I give up, even royal family members are selfie-ing," read one bemused reply on Twitter.

"This is a unique day at the Palace because we are encouraging you to use your phones and electronic gadgetry," the duke told the guests, according to the Independent. "As a result of that, I've decided there's a bit of a thing going around about selfies."

It's not the first-ever royal selfie, however. Prince William, for one, has been down that road, having posed for this photo with a young well-wisher this past Christmas Day.

I remember when the "Paki" thing happened because we don't have or use the word here in Georgia. Unless there is a small subculture that does and I don't know it. From the reaction to it, I assume it is like using the N word here? Extremely offensive. I wonder if Harry uses that word, too? I wonder what will become of our little ginger haired boy who is a man now.