princess

Celeb Death Watch

Another recent departure is actor Art LaFleur who is known for being the tooth fairy character during the second and third film of the trilogy named The Santa Clause. He was 78 years old and Parkinson's Disease is what gets the evil eye.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, he had the funniest line of the second film when Cupid said to him, "No kid is going to put a tooth under a pillow for a man named Roy!" He then said in return, "This from someone in a diaper who shoots arrows into peoples' butts!" :D:D:D

• Like 2

The newest person to go forward is the man named Marcus Lamb of the Daystar network. The only reason why I even know of this guy is because one of my friends from work asked me if it was true after she heard about him from someone else. She is as religious as a person can come, but she doesn't do the internet like the rest of us. Anyway, Marcus was 64 and the Covid sickness is what was on his plate. (shaking my head)

God bless you and his family and my friend always!!!

Holly

He's not a celeb; he was a grifting prosperity gospel shill, COVID & vaccine denier, and it's extremely difficult for me to feel bad someone like that died. I feel much worse for anyone who sickens and/or dies based on his very wrong teachings.

• Like 3

Country music has just lost two more legends:

Stonewall Jackson yesterday at the age of 89 of vascular dementia

Gary Scruggs at the age of 72 on December 1st (A cause of death has not yet been provided.)

God bless you and their families always!!!

Holly

Ann Rice died of a stroke. Interview With a Vampire swept through my high school like a new Taylor Swift album today. Everyone was reading it. she was quite the thing  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

In my high school, the "Beauty" books by her alternate pen name Roquelaure were the very popular books passed around surreptitiously - they were "naughty". And SO MUCH BETTER WRITTEN than anything EL James put out.....I never really got into the Vampire books but loved the Mayfair Witches. I remember doing a walking tour of the Garden District during my first trip to New Orleans with my mom and walking by her house - back then she actually lived there. I think she retained ownership for a long time (maybe even now?) but didn't live there after the late 90s, or maybe after Katrina?

15 hours ago, dixiedoodah said:

Ann Rice died of a stroke. Interview With a Vampire swept through my high school like a new Taylor Swift album today. Everyone was reading it. she was quite the thing 

I still re-read her vampire books when I need comfort reading material. Sad to hear she has passed.

• Like 1

Another legend has just gone forward: Full House TV show actor Bob Saget. Right now, it isn't known what happened. He was 65. My favorite thing about his Full House character was his being the neat freak that he was.

Holly (a girl who tries to stay organized too)

• Sad 1

Meatloaf, age 74. Damn. I've been listening to his music a long damn time. As I told my husband this morning upon hearing this - we're at that age where the people we grew up watching/hearing/reading are dying. Guess every generation goes through this but damn it sucks. 

I would do anything for love, but I won't do that......[guess I know my work soundtrack today.....]

7 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Meatloaf, age 74. Damn. I've been listening to his music a long damn time. As I told my husband this morning upon hearing this - we're at that age where the people we grew up watching/hearing/reading are dying. Guess every generation goes through this but damn it sucks. 

I would do anything for love, but I won't do that......[guess I know my work soundtrack today.....]

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but why did he go with such a name to begin with? His real name is Michael Lee Aday.

Holly

He changed his name from Marvin to Michael, I believe. Meat Loaf was a nickname given to him by his high school coach.