sanlee

Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin

This from today's eonline/Awful Truth. I thought it pretty clearly pointed to Gwynnie and the pink Ralph Lauren dress she wore when she accepted her Oscar for Shakespeare in Love. She was supposed to have screwed Harvey Weinstein -_- to get the part, non?

"

Dear Ted:

No names of course, but to your knowledge, have any "casting couch" castings resulted in a Best Actress Oscar win? (Or, to be fair, Best Actor?) I still have a hard time thinking of the most famous and respected actresses out there participate, but as you always say, it is Hollywood.

—Justine

Dear Bingo:

Yes, and a very famous one directly resulted several years ago. Think pink."

This from today's eonline/Awful Truth. I thought it pretty clearly pointed to Gwynnie and the pink Ralph Lauren dress she wore when she accepted her Oscar for Shakespeare in Love. She was supposed to have screwed Harvey Weinstein -_- to get the part, non?

"

Dear Ted:

No names of course, but to your knowledge, have any "casting couch" castings resulted in a Best Actress Oscar win? (Or, to be fair, Best Actor?) I still have a hard time thinking of the most famous and respected actresses out there participate, but as you always say, it is Hollywood.

—Justine

Dear Bingo:

WHoa! Awesome dirt!

"

Dear Ted:

—Justine

Dear Bingo:

WHoa! Awesome dirt!

Didn't Gwyneth steal the script from a friend while she was staying with her? Winona Ryder or someone like that?

Everytime I see this thread, I think it's because they're getting divorced. LOL.

Didn't Gwyneth steal the script from a friend while she was staying with her? Winona Ryder or someone like that?

Everytime I see this thread, I think it's because they're getting divorced. LOL.

Yes, that's the rumor - Gwyneth heard about the role from Winona, slept with Harvey to get it - winning the Oscar, and starting the feud with her former good friend Winona....(I think it's almost been confirmed at this point - didn't even People talk about it??)

Yes, that's the rumor - Gwyneth heard about the role from Winona, slept with Harvey to get it - winning the Oscar, and starting the feud with her former good friend Winona....(I think it's almost been confirmed at this point - didn't even People talk about it??)

Gwyneth Paltrow "Shocked" After Director Offers Sex for Movie Role

Friday – October 08, 2010 – 9:04am

US Mag

For Elle's annual Women in Hollywood issue, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Hudson and Hilary Swank grace three different November covers and open up about their past showbiz struggles and where women stand today.

Paltrow, 37, is an Oscar-winning actress, who is already generating buzz for her role as a boozy country singer in December's Country Strong.

But her road to success wasn't always easy.

"When I was just starting out, someone suggested that we finish a meeting in the bedroom," she reveals. "I left. I was pretty shocked. I could see how someone who didn't know better might worry, 'My career will be ruined if I don’t give this guy a blow job!'"

She says she sometimes feels "dejected" when she looks at roles being offered to women nowadays.

"There’s a lot that’s okay, but there’s little that's really good, especially for someone my age," she says. "Sometimes you find out that something you really liked is going to someone 10 years younger. I find it heartening that Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock have been able to find and create amazing projects."

"I left. I was pretty shocked. I could see how someone who didn't know better might worry, 'My career will be ruined if I don’t give this guy a blow job!'"

Lying priss <_<

What Gwynnie REALLY meant...

"When I was just starting out, someone, Harvey, suggested that we finish a meeting in the bedroom," she reveals. "I left after enthusiastically servicing him. I was pretty shocked that Winona didn't get freaky with him before I did. I could see how someone who didn't know better might worry, 'My career will be ruined if I don’t give this guy a blow job!'" Of course, being Fishsticks, I gave him anal and a golden shower, too; I enjoy being an over-acheiver and besides, mere blow jobs are so unfashionable!

"When I was just starting out, someone, Harvey, suggested that we finish a meeting in the bedroom," she reveals. "I left after enthusiastically servicing him. I was pretty shocked that Winona didn't get freaky with him before I did. I could see how someone who didn't know better might worry, 'My career will be ruined if I don’t give this guy a blow job!'" Of course, being Fishsticks, I gave him anal and a golden shower, too; I enjoy being an over-acheiver and besides, mere blow jobs are so unfashionable!

I was totally about to rewrite this story too! Too funny, Freckles!

I bet Gwynnie would be a great dominatrix, and I bet Harvey would LOVE that. Successful domineering men tend to be the ones frequenting the dominatrices, right?

This is awesome!!!!!! Thanks Freckles! :4biggrin:

Did anyone catch her on Glee last night? As much as it pains me to say it, I think she did a good job. I also think she needs to make sure the dude running the auto tune machine is paid well, he did a great job with her voice!

Did anyone catch her on Glee last night? As much as it pains me to say it, I think she did a good job. I also think she needs to make sure the dude running the auto tune machine is paid well, he did a great job with her voice!

I was going to post the same thing. :unsure:

I agree - I hate her with a passion but she was really likable last night. I definitely agree though, that the song w/ Rachel was downright painful. And that song at the end (Umbrella + Singing in the Rain) was HORRIBLE. But, she was aiight. Her rendition of Cee-Lo was good.

I was going to post the same thing. :unsure:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Since I hate her so much in interviews and I can't think of any movie role I've liked her in I expected to hate her but in Glee she was actually likable.

One of Lainey's guest writers does a Glee update every week and made a comment I liked - that she finally could name specifically what it is about Gwyneth's voice she doesn't like. Everyone has a certain tone/style in their voice - she said Lea Michele is just made to sing Broadway. And Gwyneth think she should be this sultry, smoky, jazzy/bluesy singer, and tries REALLY HARD, but that's not her natural style/tone. So there's some sort of odd disconnect there. I think that's it.

I didn't think it was horrible (the dancing was bad, the singing was not great, but her acting & the role I enjoyed)

I'm holding onto my utter dislike of Fishticks...all of this singing and whatnots is only for her upcoming movie.

I like the song by Cee-Lo as is, and not sung by Fishsticks...it totally could've been my High School College Song theme song. So I will not watch Gwen sing on Glee, could not, would not...so let me be. ;)

I had never heard the original song, so I looked it up yesterday on YouTube. And it has been stuck in my head EVER SINCE. Great. Even my ear bugs curse like sailors :4biggrin:

I still dislike her. But I do approve that she actually goes out and PROMOTES her films. She could (continue to) be a snotty above-it-all actress. But she apparently has been calling country DJs, going on the radio to promote the song & movie. She did Glee. I imagine she'll be doing all the talk shows. Yes, it's part of her job, but still - some actors do it willingly and graciously, and others are complete assholes about it (Russell Crowe, I mean you :angry3: ) So I'm balancing a fine line between disliking her, and hating myself for being happy she actually DOES HER JOB, and liking her for doing her job.

I'm fairly conflicted, as you can see :wacko:

Country Strong: Why Paltrow Isn't America's Sweetheart :4biggrin:

By Mary Pols Friday, Jan. 07, 2011

In the unfortunately weak Country Strong, Gwyneth Paltrow plays country-and-western singer Kelly Canter, an alcoholic. She struts, sings, swills, sleeps around and in some truly perilous acting moments, intended to be rich with metaphor, cradles an orphaned baby bird. Anytime an actress steps this far out of her comfort zone, without a strong script to support her, she has to hope audiences are on her side. And they might be, if this were Sandra Bullock, say, or perhaps Jennifer Garner. But this is Paltrow, the American actress whose achievements seem to have piled up in reverse proportion to the goodwill she inspires. If there's an opposite of America's Sweetheart, she's it.

How did this happen? Things started off so well. Paltrow earned deserved praise for films like Emma and Sliding Doors and took home an Oscar at 26 for the winning Shakespeare in Love. A decade ago she was cool enough for Wes Anderson to cast her in The Royal Tenenbaums, playing the aloof and miserable Margot. Now that character seems to have leached over into the public perception of Paltrow herself.

Envy would be the first suspect. Paltrow came to Hollywood as a wealthy insider (her mother is Blythe Danner; the father she lost to cancer in 2002 was director Bruce Paltrow) and dated Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck before marrying British rock star Chris Martin. She has two adorable children, and though 38, she is capable of carrying off shorts with 2-in. (5 cm) inseams. She seems perpetually at her physical peak, which gives her a vibe reminiscent of Dorian Gray. She pals around with Mario Batali, Beyoncé and Jay-Z. Even her Spanish is pretty.

When word got out that she'd be making a guest appearance on Glee in November, Gleeks viewed this as an invasion; the woman Britain's Daily Mail once called "the blonde bore" seemed more likely to be a slushie thrower than a kindred spirit to the glee club's misfits. She then proceeded to turn in such a solid performance as a suspiciously perfect substitute teacher (a spoof of her own image; clearly she has a sense of humor) that even her detractors had a hard time denying she was great. Still, the praise had an edge: the New York Times noted that her performance all but erased the recent perception of her as a "smug, unbearable scold." Note the all but. The woman who is clearly one of life's winners can't seem to get ahead in the public-opinion polls.

Is the problem that Paltrow appears superhuman? Actually, no. Thanks to her two-year-old lifestyle website, Goop.com (she's said Goop is an old nickname), we know just how human she is. For instance, she sometimes feels compelled to starve herself on miso soup, greens and tidbits of protein for a week to "detox." On Goop.com we can watch a video of her making guacamole for her children Apple and Moses and see that it is no more magical or complicated than when we make it. We know that looking as she does requires her to work out at least 90 minutes a day six days a week, often accompanied by a personal trainer who used to train her friend Madonna and is now Paltrow's business partner. We know she likes to shop locally and that she enjoys a bargain (Goop tip: Spanish Cava is much cheaper than Champagne) as much as she does a "cozy" $1,095 spike-heeled winter boot. Like any celebrity, Paltrow lives behind glass, but her authorship of Goop takes the tint off her windows. It's like Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous narrated by the rich, famous and self-congratulatory.

When someone like Chelsea Handler tells Paltrow, as she did during a November interview, "I love you," the words carry more than a hint of "I know I'm bucking a trend here." Handler went on to rave about Paltrow's singing and even suggested she make an album. Paltrow graciously accepted the compliment. But if she needed it, it didn't show. A lack of humility may be the issue — that and the dangers of taking your act cross-platform. The very existence of her website suggests Paltrow assumes we are eager to sit at her knee. She has said she wants to share the wealth of opportunities she's had — from talking novels with Christy Turlington to staying at the best hotels — and she does, magnanimously, in e-mail newsletters signed, "love, GP." The implication is, Of course you'd like to be me. Her lifestyle-guru identity, combined with the cookbook she's got coming out in April, suggests Paltrow aspires to be an object of emulation, an Oprah with an Oscar.

Yet pop culture has cast her not so much in the role of helpful nurturer as in that of the mother-in-law you will never be good enough for. She slings that guitar around like a champion in Country Strong, and when Kelly's onstage, she bravely and astutely taps into the necessary narcissism of a big-time performer. But neither Paltrow nor writer-director Shana Feste ever make us understand this troubled character in full, and the personal satisfactions and triumphs of Paltrow (those legs!) cast a long, distracting shadow. When Kelly's manager-husband James (Tim McGraw) tells her young love interest Beau (Garrett Hedlund, in a performance as alluring as Brad Pitt's in Thelma & Louise) that Kelly "doesn't travel light," he's referring to baggage both literal and metaphorical. He might also be talking about Paltrow.

This article originally appeared in the Jan. 17, 2011 issue of TIME.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...l#ixzz1Aakbusz3

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I actually want to see her in Country Strong.

:unsure:

Can you do Gwennie a favor and bring a few thousand more of your friends with you? It's tanking at the B.O. ;)

I want to see it because I like Tim McGraw. But unfortunately, she turns me off from going to to theater. I may have gone if it starred someone else.