princess

Fashion Industry News

Does anyone here have any of these shoes? I LOVE Louboutin, but can't pay that much for a pair of shoes. An old friend of mine splurged on some Jimmy Choo's and said they were so uncomfortable. I would think for those kind of prices (Louboutin are $1000+) they would be comfy.

Yes I do. Is that bad? You can sometimes find them for less than retail, and sometimes I get them on consignment.... :unsure: If you want to PM me and tell me what city you live in, I can give you some hints on where I sometimes find them less than retail. :)

I find Manolos generally very comfy as well as hot. I have the most of those. I agree that Choos aren't the most comfortable but they tend to vary depending on style. My very favorite is Louboutin and I have some of those too but I don't usually wear them every day because most of them aren't super practical. But damn are they great. :)

(Not that you asked for all that...but my other obsession aside from celebrity gossip is fashion...especially shoes. I need SOMETHING to motivate me to still be working at this hour...so I choose shoes. I could go on but I'll spare you. :unsure: )

Edited by soho2chelsea

This is the most beautiful model to ever grace a runway in the history of the world.

Nicole Richie take notice: This is your goal weight. It apparently only took 3 weeks of decomposing (following her death) to attain her goal!

Posted Image

:rolleyes: --> just in case someone thinks I was being serious.

is she really dead? that's a shame either way!

No. At least I hope not. It was just a joke about how she looks like a decaying corpse.

Todd Oldham's Roses Are So Out!

Posted Oct 11th 2006 12:57PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Beauty, Style Insider

In honor of National Coming Out Day, superstar designer Todd Oldham has created a bouquet of 15 different colored roses.

National Coming Out Day commemorates the 1987 march on Washington for gay equal rights and encourages gays and lesbians (and even politicians on the down low) to live their lives openly and honestly.

The roses come in a glass cylinder vase and are wrapped in a colorful paper sleeve which was also designed by Oldham. Perfect for showing the Lance Bass in your life just how much you care!

The floral arrangement is priced at $55 and, although National Coming Out Day is October 11, the flowers are available for delivery through October 31.

So whether you are gay or straight, Todd Oldham's flowers are the perfect way to tell the people in your life you love them for being all that they can be. And there ain't nothing queer about that!

This has got to be my favorite headline of the day. From Dlisted...Rachel Zoe as El Chupacabra... :D

http://dlisted.com/10/27/2006/whats-the-nu...-mischa-barton/

Friday, October 27, 2006

What’s the Number to 911?! The Chupacabra is Attacking Anne Hathaway!

Posted Image

It never gets old making fun of Rachel Zoe. Last night at the 23rd Annual Night of Stars, she clung on to her next victims. Poor Mischa Barton and Anne Hathaway need to run fast before they end up “in rehab to get fat” like a certain Zoe victim we know. I’m not joking when I call Zoe, the chupacabra, homegirl looks just like it. Mexican police need to head to the BH STAT to nab their country’s public enemy #1!!

Filed 12:23 PM in Fug, Rachel Zoe, Crackheads.

Niki Taylor Hitched

Remember Niki? She found herself a race car driver.

Supermodel Niki Taylor has married NASCAR driver Burney Lamar after a four-month engagement, PEOPLE has confirmed.

It was only in September that Lamar asked for the onetime Sports Illustrated and Cover Girl model's hand in marriage while her parents watched, her rep told PEOPLE at the time.

Taylor, 31, now a clothing entrepreneur and a mother of two, told PEOPLE in July that she had wanted to find the right man, but wasn't in a hurry. "If I have a date, then I have a date, but it's all about (sons) Jake and Hunter right now."

Didn't she survive a horrific car accident some years ago? Good for her. Love is hot.

God, it must be a new year because I am much too positive today. Niki holds a special place in my heart because when I was a young'n and still pretending I liked girls, I would often cite her as someone I found taggable. *sigh* Those were the days.

Pretending Niki Taylor and Cindy Crawford were hotties, and giving the lustful side-eye to Marky Wahlberg whenever his Calvin ad popped up. Good times.

Posted Image

Fashion Week Runway Models in New York to be Given 'Recommendations'

From Celebrity Smack

The Council of Fashion Designers of America, the group responsible for organizing Fashion Week in New York, has come up with a list of recommendations for models on their runways.

They did not set any weight limits per se, but are rather trying to encourage a healthy lifestyle and focus on educating the models.

The organization issued the following statement,

"Other groups have set strict rules about how much (or little) models are allowed to weigh. However, the CFDA is not recommending that models get a doctor's physical examination to assess their health or body mass index to be permitted to work … Eating disorders are emotional disorders that have psychological, behavioral, social, and physical manifestations, of which body weight is only one."

The group plans on banning smoking and drinking from backstage, encouraging models to work limited hours, and discouraging models under 16 to work the runways.

They also plan to supply the models with nutritious snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. I guess you can say that's a start. Seems like pretty obvious stuff to me.

But what I want to know is, how exactly is this going to change anything? Models are going to do what models can to get work. And no matter what the CFDA says nothing is going to change the way the models are living if people in the industry keep hiring them.

Steven Cojocaru has stopped doing whatever drugs he was doing, and has blown up almost as big as a Macy's Turkey Day balloon. Here he is pictured with the Antichrist, Rachel Zoe.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Steven Cojocaru has stopped doing whatever drugs he was doing, and has blown up almost as big as a Macy's Turkey Day balloon. Here he is pictured with the Antichrist, Rachel Zoe.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I think he had to have a kidney transplant and his health was in jeopardy for a while. I don't know if this might have anything to do with his weight gain.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I think he had to have a kidney transplant and his health was in jeopardy for a while. I don't know if this might have anything to do with his weight gain.

yeah, i think he nearly died

or at least that's what they LED us to believe.... :P

Edited by fykeylicious

Posted ImagePosted Image

LOLOL at the photo with Zoe.

They look like twins!

Posted ImagePosted Image

They look like twins!

I think he looks like Chastity Bono in the second photo. ;) Edited by leaivory

Posted ImagePosted Image

They look like twins!

I think he looks like Chastity Bono in the second photo. ;)

Dang ~ I thought it WAS Chastity Bono!

iF HE'S STILL ON DIALYSIS , SOME OF THE PUFFINESS YOU SEE MIGHT HAVE TO DO WITH EXCESSIVE FLUID OVERLOAD!! SOME PEOPLE CARRY IT IN THEIR FACES, STOMACH OR FEET AND HANDS.

He will look blown up because he is on a steroid as one of his anti rejection meds. The steroid will give you a moon face and also make you want to eat all the time.

He will look blown up because he is on a steroid as one of his anti rejection meds. The steroid will give you a moon face and also make you want to eat all the time.

They will do that. I've known people on prednisone and they definitely had a weight gain. It messes with blood sugar levels, also-a realy problem for diabetics.

A Socialite's Life

Fashion Fix: Must-Feast-O Manifesto

The debate continues the war on underweight continues. A possible ban on "stick-thin" is threatening models' careers as weigh-in's, BMI requirements, and even doctor's notes are becoming necessary to even take a step onto the catwalk. Even the Italian government is becoming involved in the issue. The doctor's note will be needed to prove healthy conditions with approval of BMI, weight, and body structure, which has designers and fashionistas in an uproar.

Many stances of pro and anti ban are being taken.

Fausto Sarli is one of the leading designers and gives his abrasive but to-the-point thoughts:

"If you try to stop well-paid models working, they will kill you. Among all the models, only two or three are really anorexic. They work for Armani, for Valentino. How are you going to throw them out?"

Spanish Designers Change Women's Sizes

Spain's government has reached an agreement with major fashion designers, including the owner of the Zara chain, to standardize women's clothing sizes with the aim of promoting a healthier image.

Designers such as Cortefiel, Mango, El Corte Ingles and Inditex, which owns Zara, agreed to take part in the program, which was announced Tuesday.

The program, designed by the Health Ministry, will also prevent those companies from using window displays featuring clothes smaller than a European size 38 (10 in Britain, 8 in the United States). They will have five years to phase in the change.

"It is not reasonable for a modern and advanced society to establish stereotypes of beauty that are far removed from the social reality of a community. It is everyone's commitment that beauty and health go hand in hand," Health Minister Elena Salgado said at a signing ceremony Tuesday.

The agreement follows last year's unprecedented decision by Spain's main fashion show, Madrid's Pasarela Cibeles, to ban some models from the catwalk on grounds they were too thin, saying this looked encouraged eating disorders among young people.

The Health Ministry's program aims to end a situation in which a woman who buys a size 40 dress from one designer may not fit in a size 40 garment from another designer. The ministry said the differences sometimes lead women to feel compelled to lose weight.

Designers should be encouraged to "promote a healthy physical image that conforms with the reality of the Spanish population," the ministry said in a statement.

The agreement also stipulates that European size 46 no longer be specifically labeled as a larger size.

As part of the effort to standardize sizes, the ministry plans to measure 8,500 Spanish girls and women between the ages of 12 and 70 to determine the true shapes of Spanish women's bodies.

Outrageous Fashion and Mega-Stars at the Paris Couture

Posted Image

These days, any custom-made gown is called "couture", but true haute couture is produced by a few select members of the Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie de Paris, who keep alive the traditions of custom-fitting and hand-sewing every piece. When the incredibly detailed and expensive designs are unveiled to some of the wealthiest and most famous women in the world, the result is more about spectacle than wearability. The stars have been turning out for the Spring 07 shows happening this week in Paris, starting with Monday's geisha-themed Christian Dior show, where the impeccable Dita Von Teese and Diane Kruger perched in the front row. On to the Valentino show, where Dita reappeared and the Italian couturier sent out an all-white homage to his one-time client Jackie O. Victoria Beckham caused a paparazzi frenzy at the Chanel show, where she was joined by a diverse group from starlets Kate Bosworth and Diane Kruger (again) to a pink-tressed Rachel McAdams and Sigourney Weaver. Later that night, Posh continued on to the Jean Paul Gaultier show, where Dita Von Teese walked the runway as a modern Mary Magdalene.

Photo: Khayat-Nebinger-Orban-Taamallah/ABACA; JAVA/ABACAUSA