Kath

British Royals

Not that ibuy that theory, but are there any twins in the royal family or would this be a first. Imagine if the first born were twins. How careful would they need to be about THAT birth? Imagine a twin c-section birth for the first born. Who gets to decide? We could write a chit chat fan fic.

• Like 1

So, she's just royally adjacent, but didn't know where else to put this. She bugs me, but damn, the potential for this to be a photogenic wedding are high.

Pippa Middleton Is Engaged to Hedge Funder James Matthews, with Wedding Planned for 2017

After initial reports surfaced last night, today we have confirmation, per the Palace: Pippa Middleton is engaged to hedge-fund manager James Matthews. Pippa pulled the classic I’m a Famous Person Who Is Confirming My Engagement move, which is beaming and flashing a (in this case, quite giant) engagement ring, in front of eager, awaiting photographers.

Per reports, Matthews, 40, asked Michael Middleton, Pippa’s father, for permission in advance, with a friend telling outlets, “James is a traditionalist and very much wanted to do things properly.” (Conveniently for Pippa, if she takes James’s last name, she will not have to change any of the monogrammed towels and stationary that we feel very sure the party-planning expert has in ample supply.)

As for James (who shares a name with Pippa and Kate’s brother, which we imagine may cause some “Who’s on First?”–style confusion around the dinner table), he is known to be a “sports enthusiast” like Pippa, as the two competed in a “skiing marathon” together last year, taking about six hours to complete the event. He went to the same school that Harry and William attended (Eton), and has, for the past decade, been managing the hedge fund he started (he named the management group after the hotel his parents own in St. Barth’s, which is about as posh an origin story as there’s probably ever been).

Matthews and Middleton briefly dated in 2012, a year after Pippa’s sister and William tied the knot, and Pippa (and her bridesmaid’s dress) became internationally famous. The two reconnected last year, and have been back together for less than a year.

A statement from the couple confirmed that the engagement took place Sunday (he “got down on one knee while they were visiting the picturesque Lake District”) and that the two plan to “marry next year.” Via Kensington Palace, William and Kate are “absolutely delighted with the news.” Can you imagine Kate Middleton being your maid of honor? Prince George as a ring bearer??! Prince Harry leading the after-party brigade? This is going to be the wedding to end all weddings.

Isn't that kind of a replica of Diana's? Diana's ring has a blue center stone?

Edited by tyler

Diana/Kate's ring is oval. But you're not the only to note a similarity.http://www.eonline.com/news/781048/stunning-sparklers-comparing-pippa-middleton-s-and-kate-middleton-s-engagement-rings

However (I prefer sapphires to diamonds ;-) My engagement ring is a sapphire ;-) Kate is married to the future King of England. James Matthews runs a hedge fund. He shouldn't give his fiancee a ring meant for royalty.

But also, I think that huge crazy expensive rings are just ridiculous in general. I mean - sure, if you're royalty ;-)

• Like 1

I agree with you -- its hard to think that someone might be wearing the price of a house.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

The groom's brother "stars" in a scripted reality show about posh people, so it'll be interesting to see what involvement Kate has in a wedding that's got the potential to be very tabloid tacky. I can't imagine the Royal family's advisers are thrilled.

I've always found Pippa to be very tacky anyway, so all of this fits right in to my picture of her. No matter how big and garish your ring is, you can not compete with 1000 years of Crown Jewels. Just admit Kate won this one and move on.

• Like 1

The groom's brother "stars" in a scripted reality show about posh people, so it'll be interesting to see what involvement Kate has in a wedding that's got the potential to be very tabloid tacky. I can't imagine the Royal family's advisers are thrilled.

I was kind of wondering what the protocol or etiquette is for having royalty act as the matron of honor at the wedding of a commoner (sister or not) or a future king of England act as a ring bearer (nephew or not).

Just admit Kate won this one and move on.

Perfect.

How has it been a week and we have not talked about Prince Harry's new girlfriend????

I love Lainey's title - Hot Harry's Love Shield. Sounds kinky ;-)

http://www.laineygossip.com/Prince-Harry-releases-official-statement-expressing-deep-disappointment-with-British-media-for-their-treatment-of-girlfriend-Meghan-Markle-and-their-relationship-in-unprecedented-move/45416

• Like 2

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 01/03 **#12**
Out of my normal range, but apparently this elderly A+ list royal used a mild cold as a great excuse to stay away from several possible threats against her life that intelligence services said were likely. Apparently this all came to light because one royal family member used the absence to garner himself a bunch of publicity. That has not helped his relationship with his older brother who knows the younger brother uses opportunities like this to line his pockets with questionable income.

So my question is actually- are the brothers referenced Wills & Harry (doesn't seem likely) or Charles & Andrew? Andrew is the one known to have questionable financial dealings, but I haven't heard about anything he's done over the holidays. Harry is perfect and I refuse to hear anything bad about him. All he did over the holidays was have "new relationship" sex with his hot girlfriend.....

• Like 2

Queen Elizabeth Likey Likey Topless Dudes

1/27/2017 7:25 AM PST

0127-queen-elizabeth-fiji-shirtless-laun

Queen Elizabeth might be 90 years old, but she had the eyes of a 20-year-old on Spring Break when she came face-to-face with some shirtless guys ... in skirts.

The Queen got a face full of the dudes in traditional Fijian grass skirts during an exhibition in England. That smile screams ... Fuel up the jet, Jeeves! We're going to Fiji!

It's good to be the Queen.

I am ashamed how much this "story" made me laugh :jumping1:

• Like 2

I will miss this hard-working, stoic lady when she goes. Prince Charles is nothing ~ NOTHING!!!! ~ compared to his mother.

It's good to be the Queen.

I am ashamed how much this "story" made me laugh :jumping1:

• Like 1

William partying with models in Switzerland while wife stays home, other Royals work all week. Hmmm. Trouble in paradise??

Paris trip today. I still remember the weekend Diana died. My mom had just moved to Pittsburgh and I drove over from DC to help her move in. We watched that news coverage all weekend....

Strangely, my mom was visiting (with my then tiny niece) me in DC from Pittsburgh. I took her to the British embassy to sign the condolence book and we waited in line for hours. My mom usually has no interest in celebs so it was weird how attached she was to this story.

• Like 1

OK, this is technically "aristocracy", not royalty, but....Watching an older PBS show on Chatsworth (on my list of places I *really* want to visit!) and noticed an interesting gravestone - Major the Marquess of Huntington....I never thought about how to address aristos with military titles! I don't think Prince William or Harry had their titles done that way (weren't they just "Capt Windsor" or whatever?) Anyway - that was about the heir to the Dukedom who was married to Kick Kennedy and died in WWII.....[great show if you're into history/great houses as I am, or have read & loved The Duchess ;-)]

• Like 1

They both seem to be having some serious health problems the last year.

They deserve a break, they really do - their schedules are crazy! Sure, they're royals and their life isn't hard, but egads they're great-grandparents - let them spend some time in the country with pets & grandbabies!!

• Like 1