Photo

What are you reading?

926 replies to this topic

#921 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12103 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:34 AM

Well, if you read 2 and have the 3rd on hold, I guess you liked it well enough ;-)

I'm back to Tudor history fiction - book#2 in series, Boleyn Deceit, Laura Anderson. Alternative history as if Anne Boleyn's son hadn't been stillborn and reigned after Henry VIII's death. Took a little time to get into but now it's faster. Went to a different library last week and stocked up on stuff my library doesn't have :-) 

#922 branchop

branchop

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2723 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:40 AM

I read primarily romance. And average two a week. I just finished The Hating Game and it went to the top of my all time favorite list (prior #1 held position for 15 years).

Told in first person and funny and just plain good....
The most accident prone person on the planet..... :(

#923 MissuTam

MissuTam

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

Starting "Killers of the Flower Moon:  The Osage murders and the birth of the FBI" by David Grann (true story).  

#924 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

I'm pretty sure I'm going to die before I finish my To-read list on Goodreads!

#925 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12103 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

My gravestone will read "Just let me finish this chapter".....Always something new out there!!

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up The Painted Queen - posthumously published, last of Elizabeth Peters' AMelia Peabody mysteries. So even death won't stop my favorite authors, apparently ;-)

#926 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

I just finished A Gentleman in Moscow. I really liked it a lot but its very long and not action-y so not for everyone.

#927 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41481 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:40 PM

Year One by Nora Roberts.  I liked it.

Was recommended to me by my mother who doesn't even like post apocalyptic stuff.  She said she read it.  Then read it again she liked it so much.  The second book comes out end of the year.  Haven't convinced her to watch The Walking Dead yet because of it, but she doesn't poo poo the walkers anymore :D 

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users