Guest miabb

Alyson Hannigan & Alexis Denisof

Posted Image

Alyson Hannigan Talks Fat Suits, Tattoos--Plus, the Skinny on Tom Cruise's Spy Flick and Da Vinci

EOnline.com

by Team Megaplex* | Feb. 15, 2006

Hannigan and Again: So sweet. So talented. So funny. So, why does Alyson Hannigan keep showing up in gross-out comedies like Date Movie, where the whole idea is to put her in mortifying situations? Who knows? But as long as they're funny, it beats all those demonic molestations she used to go through on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Plus, that special clarinet work in American Pie helped Hannigan land gigs on two of TV's best series: Veronica Mars and How I Met Your Mother. And she looks so adorable in a fat suit. Still, we thought we'd ask her about all of it.

Which witch power gets weakest if you don't use it?

Levitation. You have to practice. If you want to levitate, you have to focus, and you have to practice.

Did anything in Date Movie make you long for those good old days at American Pie's band camp?

I had a hard time watching all the stuff with the cat and the grandmother's corpse. I saw it in a theater with my pregnant publicist, one of my agents and my husband at 10 in the morning. I was just so sorry they had to sit through that.

Then there's the lovely fat suit.

It took two hours of makeup just for the face and the arms. Then the actual suit part...probably a good half hour of trying to wiggle your way in. There were about 10 days of it, two of which--for the dance sequence--were probably the worst days of my life. It was during a horrible heat wave. The suit was warm anyway, and I was just drenched with sweat by the end of the day. Not to sound totally gross, but any water I drank, I sweated out.

This movie features Edward Moss, the Michael Jackson impersonator made famous by E! Did you ever confuse him for the real Michael Jackson?

No, because he looks more like Michael Jackson about 10 surgeries ago. He still looks like a normal person. And he has a nose.

What's the best way to ask you out?

The best relationships I've ever been in, I was always friends with the person first, in that sort of flirtatious way. I was never a big dater. I would never date multiple people. I was definitely a relationship gal. So, I think that the best way would just be to get to know me as a friend. Because why would I date somebody I couldn't be friends with? That's why I'm friends with, like, most of my exes.

You're hilarious. Who else is hilarious?

I've always loved Carol Burnett and Lucille Ball. And Gilda Radner. Anybody in any of the Christopher Guest movies. They're all phenomenal. It's just a privilege to be able to work with some of them.

Neil Patrick Harris or Kristen Bell--who'd be tougher in a fight?

Well, Neil is really good at magic, so he might have the upper hand, because he can make himself disappear and then reappear. And Kristen's so small and petite he might just make her disappear or pull her out of my ear or something. So, I think I'd have to go with Neil.

Any new tattoos?

No. I've quit. Those were my younger days. I'm not gonna be Angelina Jolie any time soon. I like the ones I have, but the one on my foot sometimes kinda ruins shoes. Like if there's a strap, and it goes right through the tattoo, it's not as cute. So, that was bad placement on my part.

Now, really, why do you keep making movies like Date Movie?

I have this big jonesing to do comedy. It's been on my front burner for a few years, because it's just so much fun to go to work and laugh and make people laugh. I think it's healthy. For a while there, I couldn't get a comedy to save my life. I was struggling with a guest spot here, a movie of the week there. I was playing every victim you've ever met. Like, if something bad happened to your daughter, I played that girl.

The dress was cute until I clicked on it. Then all I could think of was it looks like a nurse's uniform - well, an old-fashioned nurse's uniform. ;)

Posted Image

Normally a winsome redhead, How I Met Your Mother star Alyson Hannigan recently celebrated her summer vacation by dying her hair a rich brown.

Alyson Hannigan in a bikini on the beach in Hawaii (04/26/07)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

source: celebutopia

Alysson Hannigan & Amanda Bynes at Duo Grand Opening at Four Seasons, Maui (04/28/07)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

HWB

I noticed in the 4/30 How I Met Your Mother she was starting to look really skinny. She doesn't look so bad in these recent photos, thankfully!!

Alyson Hannigan in a bikini on the beach in Hawaii (04/26/07)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

source: celebutopia

After enjoying them both in Buffy, I love the thought of them actually being a happy couple. Please don't anyone ruin it for me. :unsure:

After enjoying them both in Buffy, I love the thought of them actually being a happy couple. Please don't anyone ruin it for me. :unsure:

Ahhhhhh...*leaves it alone*

Britney Spears "Talked About Clothes and Dogs" on TV Set

US MAGAZINE

So what was Britney Spears like on the How I Met Your Mother set?

"She was lovely," Alyson Hannigan told Usmagazine.com at the sitcom's re-launch party in West Hollywood Thursday.

"She’s just a person — so sweet and funny," Hannigan added. "We just talked about our clothes and dogs, and it was surprisingly just normal."

The rest of the cast couldn't stop raving about the actress — who shot scenes Wednesday and Thursday in L.A. — either.

"She’s beautiful," actor Jason Segel told Us. "You know, I was so focused on her hair that I’m overwhelmed with adjectives! She was great and lovely."

He said he wasn't surprised that Spears nailed her role as a dorky receptionist who falls for Ted (Josh Radnor).

"She was great," Segel added. "She was better than all five of us, so I guess that says a lot."

Added Cobie Smulders, "She was very professional and her comedic timing was great!"

The cast shrugged off rumors that Alicia Silverstone turned down a role on the show after learning that Spears was on board.

"I think there was some scheduling problems or something," Smulders said, adding that Scrubs star Sarah Chalke "came in at the last second."

Neil Patrick Harris said "there’s hope" Silverstone may still appear on the show at some point.

"She’s seemed to avoid that weird actress trap of only being able to do a very limited amount of things," he told Us. "She’s gone on to do interesting theater, so you’ve got to respect her chops now.

"She’s making smart choices so if she wants to come play with us, we’d be glad to have her!"

Spears' How I Met Your Mother episode airs March 24.

Alyson Hannigan Is Pregnant!

Posted Image

Actress Alyson Hannigan is pregnant, her rep Megan Moss tells PEOPLE exclusively.

The How I Met Your Mother star, 34, and her husband, actor Alexis Denisof, 42, will welcome their first child this spring.

The couple met on the set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer during the 1999-2000 season and were married at the Two Bunch Palms resort near Palm Springs, Calif., on Oct. 11, 2003.

On the big screen, Hannigan is famous for her role as band geek Michelle opposite Jason Biggs in the American Pie trilogy.

TOUCHING MOMENT

How I Met Your Mother star Alyson Hannigan gets some hands-on protection from husband Alexis Denisof Thursday as the parents-to-be step out for the 15th annual Lint Roller Party at L.A.'s Hollywood Palladium. The event benefited the Best Friends Animal Society's in Los Angeles, which helps find homes for homeless animals.

Posted Image

Actress Alyson Hannigan is pregnant, her rep Megan Moss tells PEOPLE exclusively.

They couldn't have just announced it because I remember talking about it a couple weeks ago when they had the first "do we want a baby" storyline on How I Met Your Mother......

Ah, phew, the People article is dated October 22......

Edited by Hoyaheel

Yay! :lol: I loved these two on Buffy. I was a happy for them when they got married and I'm even happier they're still married. I'm happy they're having a baby. Please don't anyone ruin my fantasy that these two are down to earth in real life as they seem!

(I need to go sew up yet another superfan cape) :unsure:

Yay! :lol: I loved these two on Buffy. I was a happy for them when they got married and I'm even happier they're still married. I'm happy they're having a baby. Please don't anyone ruin my fantasy that these two are down to earth in real life as they seem!

(I need to go sew up yet another superfan cape) :unsure:

:lol: :) Love love love both of them. She looks super fit. They were both part of my favorite show ever.....

Posted Image

HEALTHY LIVING

How I Met Your Mother star Alyson Hannigan, who will welcome her first child this spring, shows off her baby bump as she strolls through her Santa Monica, Calif., neighborhood with husband Alexis Denisof Tuesday. The happy twosome were reportedly en route to class at a local pilates studio.

I've been watching the marathon showings of What I Like About You (on The-N) and pointing out every baby bump hiding moment from Season 1 (when Jenny Garth was HUGELY pregnant...And then later when she had breastfeeding boobies) and I've started doing the same thing on How I Met Your Mother. On HIMYM they're much more subtle--they just never show Alyson below the neck. But her face is fuller, so she does look different (not pregnant--you wouldn't guess if you hadn't followed her for a while, I don't think) They are a cute couple--has he done any acting recently??

Posted Image

BELLY UP

Neil Patrick Harris is the costar in the middle as Alyson Hannigan (left) and Cobie Smulders go belly-to-belly at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences evening with the How I Met Your Mother cast in Hollywood on Tuesday. The expectant mothers have had fun bonding over their pregnancies on the show's set. "Creams, doctors, birth methods … you talk about everything," newly engaged Smulders told PEOPLE at the event.

Wow--didn't know Cobie Smulders was pregnant too! Dang, now I have to be double on the "hiding the pregnancy" watch :4biggrin: