Photo

Divorce in 2017 - who'll do it, next

divorcedivorcing split tears hatred cheating alimony custody lawyers

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Poll: Which couple will divorce, next?

2017... who'll split soonest?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Freckles

Freckles

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

Okay, so it's not a divorce, but Katie Perry/ Orlando Bloom have split after almost a year together.  http://www.nydailyne...llery-1.2738525

#42 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:13 PM

Okay, so it's not a divorce, but Katie Perry/ Orlando Bloom have split after almost a year together.  http://www.nydailyne...llery-1.2738525

Too bad, I actually liked this celeb couple.

#43 Freckles

Freckles

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:55 PM

They were never married but do have 2 little ones, together.  Melissa George (of Home & Away, Mulholland Drive, Alias, etc) is going through a acrimonious split from her partner writer, producer and entrepreneur Jean David Blanc, complete with accusations of kidnapping and abuse.

http://www.dailymail...lee-France.html

#44 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

This is just super sad for the kid. I hope (assuming it's all true) that she gets help and her son gets away from hr until she does.
http://people.com/tv...al-custody-son/

Jay Mohr Alleges Wife Nikki Cox Battles Mental Health Issues & Files for Sole Physical Custody of Their Son, According to New Court Documents

Natalie StoneMarch 22, 2017 at 10:44pm EDT
Jay Mohr is alleging that his estranged wife Nikki Cox battles both drug and mental health issues and is requesting sole physical custody of their son, according to new court documents obtained by PEOPLE.

In the documents filed March 10, Mohr, 46, is requesting sole physical custody of their five-year-old son, Meredith Daniel Cox Mohr, and joint legal custody, with Cox receiving “reasonable visitation with Meredith, which shall be professionally monitored.”

The new filing comes three months after Mohr filed for divorce from Cox for the second time on Dec. 13 and initially requested joint legal and physical custody of their son.

Since filing divorce docs in December, Mohr claims that he and Cox “have continued to reside in the same residence” with their son, but alleges that their “living situation has become extremely confusing and untenable; and, our son is suffering.”

“Based upon the the increasing hostility in our home, Nikki’s ongoing refusal to attend her mental health issues … her abuse of drugs, and her failure to respect boundaries, I had no choice but to obtain alternate housing for me and our son,” the documents read.

Mohr, who has been married to Cox for almost 10 years, claims that “Nikki’s mental health issues continue to go untreated. … she continues to demonstrate that she is incapable of caring for Meredith,” the docs read. He also alleges that she left ovens on while she and their son were at home asleep; backdoors were left open at night for their dogs to go in and out; and administered a double dose of their son’s medication, which caused him to vomit in the middle of the night.

The actor initially filed for divorce from Cox in July 2016, but called off the divorce just six days after filing the documents.

“I initially filed a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage on July 19, 2016 and sought ex parte custody orders based upon my concerns regarding Meredith’s safety and Nikki’s mental health. My concerns included, but were not limited to, the following facts: Nikki abused drugs, she rarely left her locked bedroom (there were times when Nikki would go 2 full days without seeing Meredith even though we were all in the same house); She was an insomniac who would stay awake for days at a time; she threatened to take her own life on at least two (2) occasions; and she is unable to drive (she never obtained her driver’s license),” the documents read.

According to Mohr, the court denied his ex parte requests and he and his wife “attempted to address the concerns set forth” in the July 19, 2016 declaration.

“Prior to this dissolution proceeding, Nikki was absent from Meredith’s life. To this day, she has never spent twenty-four hours alone with Meredith and has relegated most of Meredith’s care to me and Meredith’s nanny,” the docs read. “To her credit, since July 2016, Nicki has been less absent from Meredith’s life. However, as set forth in further detail below, Nikki’s sudden presence in Meredith’s life has caused confusion, resulting in Meredith exhibiting signs of regression, both at home and in school (he is starting to have bathroom accidents throughout the day) … His behavior is deteriorating both at school and with his therapists.”

FROM COINAGE: The Top 5 Most Expensive Movies of All Time

According to the documents, he claims that Meredith “has been urinating and defecating in his pants” and “routinely yells and screams” at his mother.

“Nikki’s poor parenting decisions affect Meredith’s well-being. Her refusal to discipline Meredith has made me the parent who enforces the rules in our house,” the docs read. “When I have checked on Meredith in the middle of the night, I have walked into the master bedroom to see Meredith and Nikki awake at 2:00 a.m, watching cartoons and eating candy.”

The actor also alleges that his estranged wife “will often come to the guest bedroom in the middle of the night and attempt to seduce me” and recently told him that she believed she was expecting another child: “In January (2017), Nikki told me that she thought she was pregnant. I am azoospermic so this news meant either a miracle had happened, another man had impregnated Nikki, or she was lying. She assured me it was mine.”

He also claims that on “2 separate occasions” during their almost decade-long marriage, she asked him to “drive her to the Universal Hilton so that she could commit suicide. She almost never sleeps. She has isolated herself and no one ever comes to the house to visit her.”

“While I acknowledge that I still love Nikki, I also acknowledge that we can no longer be married to each other, and I cannot continue to raise our son in a toxic environment,” the docs read.

Cox met Mohr in 2004 when he guest-starred on her NBC drama Las Vegas. The pair got engaged in February 2006 and wed that same year at the Hotel Bel-Air in Los Angeles.

Cox’s attorney did not respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

#45 Kath

Kath

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:03 AM

David Schwimmer and his wife are separating. http://www.usmagazin...e-apart-w475045 *insert requisite, "we were on a brake!" Joke, here.*

#46 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:29 AM

Yep, Page Six made the "we're on a break" joke today. I think maybe Lainey made it last night too....

#47 Kath

Kath

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:46 PM

Janet Jackson and her younger shiek husband are splitting! http://www.dailymail...on-husband.html

#48 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:22 AM

Janet Jackson and her younger shiek husband are splitting! http://www.dailymail...on-husband.html

Wow, didn't see that one coming.  Thought they had a long term "arrangement".

#49 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

She just wanted the baby?? Yeah, I was surprised too!!

#50 MissuTam

MissuTam

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:55 AM

They cited "cultural differences".  Janet and Wissam come from very different worlds. I am surprised the marriage lasted five years. 

Edited by MissuTam, 10 April 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#51 colorine

colorine

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

Maybe she needed his money and now child support???? :huh:

#52 Maxiemom

Maxiemom

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3215 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

I really, truly hope that this doesn't devolve in to a "child as property" situation.

#53 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:40 AM

$200M from a good prenup doesn't suck....

http://pagesix.com/2...00m-in-divorce/

It's possible the marriage was a business arrangement and they had a 5 year plan. It's also possible she thought she could live the traditional way he demanded and found she could not. I can believe pretty much anything with that couple.....

#54 MissuTam

MissuTam

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

Her wealth is estimated at 150 to 175 million...it is not a billion but she can pay the rent  :) .   I would not be able to live in that strict, traditional culture.  My aunt married a native here in the US and they relocated over there for several years. She  was not allowed to leave the house without a male relative accompanying her, not allowed to drive, not allowed to work...she returned to the US with her 4 year old  daughter when the inlaws came to her house with a second wife candidate. Again, I am surprised Janet made it five years.

Edited by MissuTam, 11 April 2017 - 07:05 PM.

#55 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

My aunt married a native here in the US and they relocated over there for several years. She  was not allowed to leave the house without a male relative accompanying her, not allowed to drive, not allowed to work...she returned to the US with her 4 year daughter when the inlaws came to her house with a second wife candidate. Again, I am surprised Janet made it five years.

:shocked:

#56 tyler

tyler

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4609 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

Her wealth is estimated at 150 to 175 million...it is not a billion but she can pay the rent  :) .   I would not be able to live in that strict, traditional culture.  My aunt married a native here in the US and they relocated over there for several years. She  was not allowed to leave the house without a male relative accompanying her, not allowed to drive, not allowed to work...she returned to the US with her 4 year old  daughter when the inlaws came to her house with a second wife candidate. Again, I am surprised Janet made it five years.

I recommend the move, "Not Without My Daughter."  Sounds like it was on point to what your aunt went through.  1991 Sally Field.

“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”

Alfred, Batman and applicable today.

#57 MissuTam

MissuTam

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:53 AM

I recommend the move, "Not Without My Daughter."  Sounds like it was on point to what your aunt went through.  1991 Sally Field.

Follow-up...the daughter is now a physician, speaks fluent Farsi and translates for the government.  The husband came back to the US with my aunt...he never married a second wife.

#58 Gracenote

Gracenote

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

Regarding the Mohr/Cox issue, thank goodness the child has a father who cares about his safety and is willing to take custody of him. I haven't had a foster child yet who had a father that claimed them or cared. We have four boys right now, three abandoned in a drug house, one has a mom in prison. My only regret about not having a man in my life is that they could use a good male role model never having seen one. 

If what he is saying is true, she has some very serious mental health issues, doesn't she. Or drugs. Or both.

#59 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:30 PM

E News

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Officially File for Divorce

#60 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:30 AM

Mel B's nanny's sexual allegations.....

http://pagesix.com/2...-of-threesomes/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: divorcedivorcing, split, tears, hatred, cheating, alimony, custody, lawyers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users