princess

Fringe

Posted Image

Got into this show when rented the 1st season during the airing of season 2. Had to wait FOREVER for season 2 to come out on DVD (only came out a week or two ago). Yes, Mr. Princess and I managed to watch an entire season of Fringe in about a week. Can't wait for Season 3 to premier tonight!!!

Posted Image

Mr. Topaz and I have been hooked since the very first episode. I love Walter's humor and Peter is nice on the eyes. Those baby blues are quite striking. As for Olivia, I find her kind of odd. Her acting style reminds me of Scully (X-files) and Benson (SVU), kind of mannish/cold fish because they are in untraditional female roles (FBI and Cop). Why does that mean the writers have to portray them that way? Haven't we come a long way, Baby?? Almost cried laughing last night when Walter called Astrid "Aspirin."

I caught the Asprin too! :4biggrin:

Olivia is that way because of the drug trials/conditioning she received in childhood - right?? I thought they gave her that personality on purpose...

Walter is my all time favorite character on TV. When Walter went for the ambulance drive, Peter yelling at him "and stay out of the prescription meds!!" :D :D :D

Posted Image

Haven't watched last night's episode yet but love this show. There are plenty of examples on other shows how women can be strong in traditionally male roles, but still individualist & even "girly" (not at all used as an insult). Catherine Willows on CSI an example. But I think that Olivia is not just "mannish" - I think because of her childhood, she has emotional walls up. I loved seeing her more vulnerable when she was playing with her niece & talking to her sister.

I think part of the problem for me is the accent. Or studied lack of one, as Anna Torv is Australian, right?

I thought Anna Torv was Canadian. Now I see you Jinx Girls point, lol, about Olivia portrayed as rigid/reserved/mannish, it was her conditioning at an early age. I agree that she does show a softer side with her sister and niece. Do we have any gossip on her short-lived marriage to the guy from Boston Legal, can't think of his name but he's on another action tv show.

I thought Anna Torv was Canadian.

Nope, AUstralian. I remembered that from an interview, and Wiki confirms :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Torv

She was married to Mark Valley. That I didn't know. I love Mark Valley.....I didn't actually like him on Days of Our Lives, but I LOVED the show Keen Eddie. How do you like me now? :wub:

Do we have any gossip on her short-lived marriage to the guy from Boston Legal, can't think of his name but he's on another action tv show.

Wasn't he on Fringe for the first few episodes of season 1?

Do we have any gossip on her short-lived marriage to the guy from Boston Legal, can't think of his name but he's on another action tv show.

Wasn't he on Fringe for the first few episodes of season 1?

Yes, he was her partner who was killed and she had his memories and went inside his head. And they had just started dating before he died? Anyway, love him, I do!!

Walter continues to crack me up. If you saw last night's episode, I'm sure you would agree. Perhaps I don't care for the role of Olivia because I'm jealous? Yup, I think that's it. Never saw one episode of Party of Five so this is my first introduction to Joshua Jackson. (I'm not going to count The Mighty Ducks movie-that would just make me a pervy old lady)

Never saw one episode of Party of Five so this is my first introduction to Joshua Jackson. (I'm not going to count The Mighty Ducks movie-that would just make me a pervy old lady)

Dawson's Creek.

Unless there is a character from Party of Five I'm not remembering? I watched all of Party of Five, but only watched the first season of Dawson's Creek.

And I LOVED Mighty Ducks. All of them. :unsure:

Never saw one episode of Party of Five so this is my first introduction to Joshua Jackson. (I'm not going to count The Mighty Ducks movie-that would just make me a pervy old lady)

Dawson's Creek.

Mmmmm - Pacey goodness!! And he just seems to get better with age. :inlove:

Another week and still no new fringe episode?!?! Not another new one until Nov 4th <_< Oh well, at least I have project runway tonight :)

As the photo doesn't really give away any spoilers, I'm posting photo for next week's new episode. Can someone tell me who the guy in the middle is?!?!

Posted Image

This is the alternate world, so I'm assuming the guy in the middle is someone from the first season who dies, but no idea who. :3huh:

It looks like Olivia is trying to influence someone's opinion, possibly alternate Walter? The guy looks young but he's wearing some type of weapon on his leg. We are definetly going through Fringe withdrawl at our house!!! Could he be alternate world/test subject?

As the photo doesn't really give away any spoilers, I'm posting photo for next week's new episode. Can someone tell me who the guy in the middle is?!?!

It's her partner with the 3rd degree burns, isn't it? The one that went back into the hyperbaric chamber at the end of the last episode?

It's her partner with the 3rd degree burns, isn't it? The one that went back into the hyperbaric chamber at the end of the last episode?

oooh, I think you're right. So if he's her partner in the alternate world, who was he in the regular world?? As there is such close match-ups on all the other characters, I can't figure out why we don't know him in the regular world....

As there is such close match-ups on all the other characters, I can't figure out why we don't know him in the regular world....

Well, except we haven't seen Nina's alternate yet..... :ninja:

She doesn't have a live-in boyfriend in the real world, and of course, there's only one Peter, because he's already alternate-world Peter living in the real world.....So there's not 100% match-up. And I think it's where those differences are that we have good storylines.....

Edited by Hoyaheel

You're right, it is the burn guy.. I thought he looked familiar somehow. Speaking of real world/alternate, did you guys pick up on the fact that Olivia couldn't find Massive Dynamics (or Nina) in the alternate world? I agree that this is going to be covered in future episodes.

Something happened to Nina's arm, right? Does anyone remember her explanation?

PS: I have never seen Dawson's Creek or Party of five. I confused them. Thanks for the correction. I am loopy after living on cold medication for a week.

Edited by KikiTopaz

I can't remember how Nina injured her arm, but the repair (bionics?) technology came from Bell in the alternate world.

Nina injured her arm when she tried to stop Walter from going through to the other world the first time.

I can't remember how Nina injured her arm, but the repair (bionics?) technology came from Bell in the alternate world.

Nina injured her arm when she tried to stop Walter from going through to the other world the first time.

Yup.

Finally got my Fringe fix last night! Yay!! :jumping1: