princess

Animal Pics

There wasn't a great thread for this so I'm posting it here - Howard Stern & his wife Beth are very active with animal shelters and they themselves foster lots of cats. Howard apparently names them after food - what he's been watching on tv or wants for dinner.

http://pagesix.com/2016/05/10/beth-and-howard-stern-are-trying-to-make-cats-cool/

I have never listened to his radio show but I've always seen the charitable acts they've done - and it's awesome. Yes, giving money is great. But opening your home to cats & kittens, spaying/neutering them, finding home for all of them? That's real love!

I have always found him really funny, smart and nice when he is NOT doing his radio show. When he is doing his radio show, I turn him off after a few minutes.

I have always found him really funny, smart and nice when he is NOT doing his radio show.

That's always the impression I've gotten too. I think he might have divorced his first wife about when my dad & mom divorced and so I have negative connotations about him (man gets famous, gets trophy wife etc) But whenever I see the 2 of them on Page Six, it's charity events, which I like. I also loved her comment that she has to shower off the poop. Something every pet owner is familiar with ;-)

I have been listening to Stern since I was about 10 (thanks to my stepdad, who would drive with Stern on and thought I wasn't listening...I was :D ). I think both Beth and age have changed him for the better. He is much different now than he was 20 years ago. He's also one of the best interviewers I've ever heard.