Photo

Who'll Split Next? (Version 6.0) - 2016

alimony break-up child support cheating tears uh-oh I-told-you-so lawyers divorce separation

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

Poll: Which couple will officially bite it in 2016?

You only have one vote: please ponder carefully before casting it!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11958 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

I love that the spouses don't get last names!

I'm about to go on vacation - I shall cast my vote when I return. Maybe. These are always really hard for me!

Have a great holiday - I hope that you'll be tossing and turning in your Tuscan bed or on your st. Bart's beach, wondering about who'll split next :D

OK, I voted now that I'm back from London. Lots of rain - but not cold, and almost no tourists :-) We had a great time!

#22 Kath

Kath

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:41 PM

Lovely!  What did you do?  Where did you eat?  What did you see? 

And, most important, :) who did you vote for in this poll, and why?

#23 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11958 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:02 PM

Depp and Heard. Because he is on a downward spiral!!

We visited British Museum, Churchill War Rooms, Tower of London. Walked all along river - both banks. Spitalfields and Borough Market, pub crawl (my best friend lives in Scotland and she and her husband were with us Thursday and Friday - she works in London and was onsite this week but took time off). Got massages at a massage school - 25£ for 60 minutes - so worth it!! Ate at some pubs, gastropubs, Chinese and Vietnamese. Bistros. No "big names" but enjoyed everything!!

#24 Kath

Kath

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

I always wonder, when somone has been married that long, what finally brings about divorce.

I've known a few cases like this.  Sometimes, they've basically just been roommates for years and then one spouse has a health scare or falls in love with another person and thinks, "I don't have much time left; why stay in a meh marriage for the rest of my days?!"   Sometimes, one or both spouse changes through the decades and one or both realise they no longer have much in common or similar goals. 

Edited to add:  Hoya, your trip sounds awesome!  Glad you had fun. 

I agree Depp's on a downward spiral but I don't believe Heard will bail quite yet.  I think she'll try to hold on for another year or two.

Edited by Kath, 10 January 2016 - 04:09 PM.

#25 Kath

Kath

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:32 PM

Rupert Murdoch & Jerry Hall are engaged.  http://www.smh.com.a...112-gm40nm.html

#26 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11958 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:09 AM

Seriously, WHAT THE HELL is he thinking? He's 84, one of the richest men in the world, just had an awful divorce not too long ago (and I've LOVED the stories & conspiracies on here - Wendi Deng) but WHY is he marrying her? Spend time with her, screw her, spend money on her, but WHY MARRIAGE??!!

#27 Kath

Kath

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:01 PM

Seriously, WHAT THE HELL is he thinking?

I wonder if this will be a 'til-death-do-them-part engagement?  I wouldn't be surprised if they never made it down the aisle.  Also, I think the very public Wendi Deng divorce made him feel completely helpless and humiliated and what better way to feel back on top with the ladies than getting engaged to a decades-younger supermodel?

#28 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11958 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:44 AM

what better way to feel back on top with the ladies than getting engaged to a decades-younger supermodel?

Sure, BUT, with his money, he could probably get a model (maybe super...) in her 20s or early 30s....

Through all this, I mean no disrespect to Jerry Hall. I've always liked her, actually.

#29 Kath

Kath

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:54 AM

Hmmm.  I'm curious why so many people voted for Julia Roberts & Danny this year?  Is it bc she's unloading so much real estate?

#30 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11958 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:22 AM

Just saw a rumor that Mariah Carey engaged to her billionaire beau James Packer ;-)

[where's the gold digging emoticon?]

#31 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41362 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:28 PM

Just saw a rumor that Mariah Carey engaged to her billionaire beau James Packer ;-)

[where's the gold digging emoticon?]

I saw this too.  I thought was just for the press.  But the gold is another good reason :D

#32 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11958 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

35 carat ring? Compensating much. Yikes. (Yes, " compensating " is my word for January - I can't stop using it!)

#33 Hihomumio

Hihomumio

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2354 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:36 AM

I hate it when people are so clearly trying to out-do each other like this. I don't care how filthy rich someone is, it's tacky and classless as hell.

#34 Freckles

Freckles

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:55 PM

Strange we've already had so many celebrity deaths in 2016 but not many splits.

#35 James Otto Sweet Heart

James Otto Sweet Heart

Chatter Bug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:20 AM

^^^ I've heard it said that death comes in three's. I don't know about marital break ups.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

#36 Kath

Kath

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:36 PM

Don't know who most of these people are but in case any of you care...

http://www.msn.com/e...gnoutmd#image=1

#37 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11958 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:36 AM

http://www.bloomberg...divorce-lawyer/

Lainey pointed out this Bloomberg profile of Laura Wasser, famous Hollywood divorce lawyer. I've read about her before (Glamour or Vogue has done a profile?) I think she's fascinating. Think of all the secrets she knows!

#38 Freckles

Freckles

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:04 PM

http://www.bloomberg...divorce-lawyer/

Lainey pointed out this Bloomberg profile of Laura Wasser, famous Hollywood divorce lawyer. I've read about her before (Glamour or Vogue has done a profile?) I think she's fascinating. Think of all the secrets she knows!Some more chitchat about the Bloomberg piece can be found, here:http://jezebel.com/c...er-s-1762468881

I agree!

Some light analysis of the article, here http://jezebel.com/celeb-divorce-lawyer-laura-wasser-reveals-some-of-her-s-1762468881 So, who'll announce their splits in March?

This is exactly what I thought about the Melanie/Antonio divorce when I read the Bloomberg piece: As TMZ reported financial details that included the couple splitting their earnings after 2004, Banderas giving Griffith spousal support, and breakdowns of their art collection and property being divided, one can only speculate about the “personal things” that were discussed but not written down for public consumption.

#39 Freckles

Freckles

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:23 AM

Call me naif but they both look genuinely happy!  http://www.dailymail...-tied-knot.html

#40 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1187 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:42 PM

What's that old saying about its just as easy to fall in love with a rich man...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alimony, break-up, child support, cheating, tears, uh-oh, I-told-you-so, lawyers, divorce, separation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users