Photo

Divorce in 2017 - who'll do it, next

divorcedivorcing split tears hatred cheating alimony custody lawyers

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Poll: Which couple will divorce, next?

2017... who'll split soonest?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Maxiemom

Maxiemom

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:16 AM

And of course, if the babies aren't his......

That was my reason for voting for Natalie and the ballerina.

I feel like Julia and Danny are the next Ben Affleck/Jennifer Garner.  The divorce rumors have been around both couples for years and near as I can tell neither Jennifer nor Ben has moved beyond the legal separation stage by actually filing for divorce.  In other words, living separate lives - whether driven by the children or something else - seems to "work" for both of these couples, so why bother changing the status quo?

#22 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41475 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

I went with Penelope Cruz & Javier.  The rumors have been around for ages, but nothing new recently.  I feel like they are waiting for another big event to happen so they can file for divorce without a lot of PR fuss.  A long-shot gut move, but I went with it.

#23 Kath

Kath

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:52 PM

I haven't heard any rumours about their marriage, but the strike me as an unlikely long-term couple (in that they're both big stars and so likely have huge egos and busy schedules) so I believe they'll divorce at some point and then he'll remarry a much younger, much less / not-at-all famous woman.

#24 GovMarley

GovMarley

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1904 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:41 AM

I went with Penelope Cruz & Javier.  The rumors have been around for ages, but nothing new recently.  I feel like they are waiting for another big event to happen so they can file for divorce without a lot of PR fuss.  A long-shot gut move, but I went with it.

I went with them as well for the same reason.

#25 Desertdreaming

Desertdreaming

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:38 PM

I voted too.

Okay.... care to share?  :) 

I voted for Julia & Danny.  I've heard that they've more or less lived separate lives (different houses, only deal with each other about their children, etc) for years.  The liquidation of some of her real estate, recently, makes me think they want to move from separated to fully-dividing assets... in other words, divorce.

Voted for Cate and Andrew. I do not have a reason except a feeling when looking over the list. I have not read about them for a while.
- Breast Cancer Survivor - Since 1999 -

#26 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12094 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:01 AM

I voted too.

Okay.... care to share?  :) 

I voted for Julia & Danny.  I've heard that they've more or less lived separate lives (different houses, only deal with each other about their children, etc) for years.  The liquidation of some of her real estate, recently, makes me think they want to move from separated to fully-dividing assets... in other words, divorce.

Voted for Cate and Andrew. I do not have a reason except a feeling when looking over the list. I have not read about them for a while.

Andrew was seen with a blond, very friendly, a couple months ago in Sydney. Now Cate is on Broadway in a play he wrote (adapted) and I think is directing. I think I agree with Lainey on them - they have a "unique" theatrical marriage....

#27 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12094 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:43 AM

I didn't find a thread for Kirsten Dunst so I'll put this here - rumored to be engaged to Jesse Plemons 

http://pagesix.com/2...ns-get-engaged/

#28 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12094 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:04 PM

http://www.celebitch...xchange_article

Edited by Hoyaheel, 11 January 2017 - 01:04 PM.

#29 Kath

Kath

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:29 PM

Uma and Arpad (Elle Macpherson's baby daddy) weren't married, but that doesn't stop their split from going from ugly to uglier!  http://pagesix.com/2...their-daughter/

#30 tvandgossipnerd

tvandgossipnerd

Chit Chatter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

And the winner is: http://people.com/mo...-dauriac-split/

#31 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41475 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:06 PM

Scarlett Johansson and Romain Dauriac Break Up After Two Years of Marriage

Dang, we didn't even have them listed!

#32 Freckles

Freckles

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:31 AM

Scarlett Johansson and Romain Dauriac Break Up After Two Years of Marriage

Dang, we didn't even have them listed!

Well, there's some question about whether or not they've actually split:  http://www.dailymail...ited-split.html

#33 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12094 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:32 AM

I like Lainey's analysis 

http://www.laineygos...-marriage/46074

The report was in People; People only reports what celebs want them to, ergo ..... They split over the summer.

#34 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12094 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:27 PM

http://dlisted.com/2...xchange_article

I had to laugh at Lainey's title for this - 

According to Radar, Blake Shelton wants to get away from Gwen Stefani. So will they get married soon? (Dlisted)

#35 Kath

Kath

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:56 PM

I like Lainey's analysis 

http://www.laineygos...-marriage/46074

The report was in People; People only reports what celebs want them to, ergo ..... They split over the summer.

Agreed.  Just cuz they turned up together at some show doesn't mean they're staying together!  Scarlet had a daughter with Romain and maybe attends this event with him to show that even though they are divorcing they are keeping it all "consiuosly uncoupling" civil.  Also, R. is now trying to be an "art consultant" so maybe she joined him at this artsy evening to try to support him in his latest career.  She had a kid with him and probably owes child support over the next 18 years so hopes that, at some point, he'll become a bit more financially successful than he is now.  Weird that they opened a popcorn store in Paris in the fall if they split over the summer?

When this poll started, I had the same couples featured year after year after year, with very few changes or substitutions .  I can see why many of you found it boring but the vast majority of celebrity couples seem to end up splitting, given enough time.  It's less a question of WHO and more a question of WHEN?  Scarlet & Romain were on the poll the first two years of their marriage.  Maybe they waited 'til FanChitChat-ers took them off the list before they announced their seperation, just to spite us.  LOL

#36 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41475 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

Scarlet & Romain were on the poll the first two years of their marriage.  Maybe they waited 'til FanChitChat-ers took them off the list before they announced their seperation, just to spite us.  LOL

I think you're on to something!! :D

#37 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12094 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:56 AM

Isn't there an axiom about divorcing soon after "renewing vows"?

http://pagesix.com/2...g-vows-at-home/

#38 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:42 AM

In their defense (why, I don't know because I vote for them every year) it does t say when they renewed them and it kind of sounded like it could have been a long time ago.

#39 Maxiemom

Maxiemom

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

Yeah, but the whole "we stay together because of the kids" bit makes me think an announcement will drop the moment that Harper hits the age of consent.

#40 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12094 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:14 AM

In their defense (why, I don't know because I vote for them every year) it does t say when they renewed them and it kind of sounded like it could have been a long time ago.

I thought about that after I posted, but on the other hand - he's talking about it now, so.....

I have a feeling they're one of those families where everyone does their own thing, sometimes on different continents, and that's just the way it works for them and it's ok. The kids seem pretty well-adjusted for celeb kids, so I think they must be doing something ok....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: divorcedivorcing, split, tears, hatred, cheating, alimony, custody, lawyers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users