MissuTam

Lin Manuel Miranda's 'Hamilton'

I want to see so badly! In the meantime, I have the cd in my cart on Amazon - as soon as I figure out which cat food to get this month, I'll click to buy ;-)

(Broadway channel on SiriusXM has been playing some of the music - I love it!)

The cd is fantastic. I have Amazon Prime and streamed the entire thing last week.

Ooh - good call! I just figured I'd get the download when I buy the cd but I have Prime and am listening to it at work right now :-)

I'll still get the cd so I can put the music on my mp3, but until my next Amazon order......

Ah, the Tonys. All major acting awards went to people of color- wow! Also, love this description of the after party that was in Page Six:

“It was like a massive bar mitzvah in colonial Williamsburg,” said a spy of the “Hamilton” party,

http://pagesix.com/2016/06/13/hamilton-cast-rages-till-5-a-m-after-tony-wins/

I think James Corden did a great job as host!

James Corden was great. I have not watched his late late night show on CBS but I plan to.

And you still can't get a ticket to Hamilton!!!!!

Edited by MissuTam

I've given up on a ticket in NYC and assume I'll get a back row balcony when the touring show comes to NC ;-)

I didn't realize how close Lin-Manuel Miranda is to an EGOT - he's at EGT!!! And he's doing the music for a Disney movie now, so......O on the way!!

PS his appearance (his entire family!) on the Rachael Ray show last Friday was freaking adorable! It was on at the nail salon (I work from home some Fridays and when I do - I try to get in for a pedicure as soon as the salon opens up)

#Ham4All - my favorite - I've been following on twitter all day. Make a donation to the Immigrants We Get the Job Done nonprofit, entered for a chance to win tix in LA, sing your favorite Hamilton song & post.

Also, the Hamilton Mix Tape video for that song that came out yesterday is flipping awesome

http://www.npr.org/event/music/534746532/watch-lin-manuel-mirandas-stunning-new-video-for-immigrants-we-get-the-job-done

• Like 1

I saw Hamilton last weekend when in was in San Francisco. It lived up to the hype. It's definitely my favorite post 1980s musical. I can't stop listening to the soundtrack or singing the songs (very off key). My husband also loved it and he's not someone who usually loves musicals.

• Like 1

Im going next weekend. Taking my daughter to NY for her 14th birthday. We got our tickets almost a year ago so its been a long wait.

• Like 2

OK, I failed to obtain local Hamilton tickets. boo. (I was randomized to the 3rd time slot, nothing available - had to search each date individually, grr) 

Anyway, contemplating a trip to NYC later in the fall. I've wanted to see Hamilton since it was off-Broadway (I could have gotten tickets during a trip but husband wrinkled his nose - and of course, the cast recording wasn't available or anything to encourage him....) I also want to see Harry Potter.

If we see Harry Potter, it would be $811 total. That's 4 Orchestra tickets plus ticketmaster fees.

If we see Hamilton, the cheapest seats (rear mezzanine, verified resale on the ticketmaster site) would be $847 total (fees included).

How to choose???

I am headed to Hamilton on the tour through Charlotte next month!  I am a season ticket holder so I thankfully automatically got seats.  Bonus I was aseason ticket lottery winner and had the opportunity to buy two more.  I am really really excited!!!

Next year Dear Evan Hanson will be here, and I cannot wait for that either.   I love the mashup song with Hamilton that they did for Hurricane Irma last year...

• Like 1

I opted not to do season tickets in 2016 (we had them 2012-2015, or earlier maybe?) Then they did NOT sell NEW season tickets in 2017 or 2018 because of Hamilton I assume. So I made a poor decision I guess. But on the other hand, I didn't want to see the shows (in those 2+ years, we saw only 2 shows that I wanted to see enough to buy tickets for) so I guess I saved enough money to see Hamilton or Harry Potter in New York ?

Husband has not given his opinion, though I'm slightly leaning toward Hamilton if only because it's only one night in the theater. Two nights in a row might be a little more than my husband would enjoy. Or tolerate. I can't get him that liquored up before a show because he'll need the bathroom ?

I love the mashup song with Hamilton that they did for Hurricane Irma last year...

I thought that was for the gun march/Marjorie Stoneman? Either way, I adored it too!

Edited by Hoyaheel

Yes you are right!  It was for Stoneman.  Miranda was all over the news for these two events last year - rightly so

• Like 1

My daughter (16) asked for Disney+ For Christmas so we are good to go! She and I went to see Hamilton in NYC for her 14th birthday. We are excited for this. 

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 1

I have tickets to see the touring Broadway performance again - I can't even remember, all our broadway shows have been rescheduled all over the place so I don't remember when anything is. I think maybe Jan or Feb 2021 for Hamilton??

I'll probably do a trial for Disney + for a month or something and watch a few times ;-)

• Like 1

So excited for this. I saw both touring casts that came to San Francisco but it will be great to see the original Broadway cast. I have two young kids and am a total Disney fangirl myself so we paid for two years of Disney+ in advance before it launched to get the discount. No way we won’t be subscribing as long as the service exists. 

Hoya, Disney got rid of the Disney+ free trial week ahead of this launch. I think they anticipated that a lot of people who normally wouldn’t subscribed to Disney+ would sign up to see Hamilton so they did away with it. 

• Like 2

I looked yesterday and it's $6.99 for a month (or $12.99 if I want to bundle with Hulu and ESPN, which I don't) I can spend that. As long as I remember to cancel (but I usually put a calendar reminder in when I sign up for something intending to cancel).

I'm pretty anti-Disney, but I love Hamilton, so.....I'll suck it up and pay my overlords.....

• Like 3

My extended family and I have finally gotten with the times and figured out only one of us needs to sign up for monthly service and then share the password with the rest of us.  They usually have limits to how many users/streaming you can do, but we have figured it out.  I set up kid account for my niece/nephew on my Netflix, then gave my mom my login info.  So now when the kids go visit Grandma and she needs a break, they can watch Netflix movies at her house and she doesn't need to have her own monthly account she would never watch most of the time.  My sister gave me her Disney info so I could watch some TV show I was interested on there, but realized my TV is so old I don't have a free USB drive to plug the thingie into to access Disney.  I wasn't bothered because I have enough TV to watch as it is, but it was fun to watch my brother-in-law twitch when I wasn't interested in getting a new TV just so I could also have access to free Disney account :D

• Like 2