princess

Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon's Night Out in Vegas

In her current single, "Touch My Body," Mariah Carey jokes about a secret, romantic rendezvous. But is the pop singer having a real one?

Carey's rep denied to PEOPLE last week that the singer and actor Nick Cannon are dating, but the duo looked cozy at a party Monday night in Las Vegas.

After landing by private jet, the pair headed straight to Privé Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood, where Cannon, who stars in one of Carey's videos, was scheduled to deejay. Making their way to a VIP table, the pop diva whispered into Cannon's ear just before he took to the turntables.

With her BFF Da Brat by her side, Carey – wearing over-sized sunglasses and dressed in all-black – danced to the music as she sipped water and white wine, then feasted on hamburgers, chicken fingers and French fries. And for dessert? A chocolate cake for Da Brat, who was celebrating her 34th birthday.

"We have a very special person in the house tonight," Cannon called out on the microphone. "Happy birthday, Brat."

He also seemed to give Carey a "secret" shout-out. Carey stood up on the back of the booth and raised her wine glass when Cannon put on Jay-Z's "Public Service Announcement" and sang along with the lyrics, "I got the hottest chick in the game."

Source: People

Mariah Carey Sparks Fresh Rumors Of Romance

Mariah Carey has fueled reports of a romance with rapper/actor Nick Cannon, after the pair was spotted partying together in Las Vegas earlier this week. The "Touch My Body" hitmaker is rumored to have hooked up with Cannon after he starred in a music video for Carey's new album E=MC2.

And the couple sparked further speculation about their close relationship after they flew in to Sin City with a group of pals on Monday night, to celebrate rapper Da Brat's birthday at club Prive, according to a celebrity blog. /WENN

British rapper/singer Estelle has hit back at critics of pop superstar Mariah Carey-insisting the diva has earned the right to make outlandish demands.

Carey has a long held reputation for making bizarre requests and traveling with an oversized entourage. But Estelle is convinced that when an artist is as successful as Carey, they should be allowed to demand special treatment.

She tells British magazine Closer, "I think Mariah should demand whatever she wants - if I'd sold 160 million records then I'd do the same. I think when I've sold 60 or 80 million records I'll ask for a flying white pig. I'll be like, 'And I need it in my dressing room NOW!'"

Panachereport.com

Carey Upsets Fans At Signing

MARIAH CAREY fans booed the pop superstar at an autograph signing on Thursday (17Apr08) when she showed up two hours late and left before signing albums for devotees who had waited eight hours to meet her.

The singer, who was promoting her new album E=MC2 at Universal City Walk in Los Angeles, left tired fans fuming when she stopped signing and "went home".

Carey fans, who waited in line to meet their heroine, have flooded the Internet to slam the diva, claiming she showed up two hours late and didn’t stay around long enough to meet and greet the 1,000 devotees who were promised time with the singer.

One angry fan says, "The first 1,000 people who bought her album from (record store) FYE got a guaranteed meet and greet (wristband), but she left with more than a hundred people still waiting.

"Some fans booed and others even trashed their copies of Mariah’s new CD and yelled profanities at her."

Source: pr-inside

Mariah Carey Compares Marriage To Kidnapping

By WENN

Pop superstar Mariah Carey has likened her failed marriage to music mogul Tommy Mottola to a "kidnapping", insisting she was trapped in a doomed relationship.

The "Hero" hitmaker wed Mottola - the former Sony label boss credited with discovering her - in 1993, but the couple split four years later and divorced in 1998.

And Carey, who was 23 when the pair wed, admits the marriage was one of her biggest mistakes.

She says, "I think one of my mistakes was getting married so young. I got married to Tommy Mottola under a lot of pressure. I don't know how you would describe my marriage. It was a kidnapping in a golden cage."

Mariah Carey hits career high

'E=MC2' is sixth album to reach No. 1

By PHIL GALLO

Mariah Carey "E=MC2" posted not only the highest sales week of the year, but a personal career high mark for herself as well.

"E=MC2" (Island Def Jam) sold 463,000 copies in the week ended Sunday, according to Nielsen SoundScan data, making it her sixth No. 1 album. Sales surpassed the previous best of 2008, Jack Johnson's "Sleep Through the Static," by 88,000 sales. Of her sales total, 50,000 were digital downloads.

Carey launched a significant television campaign prior to the album's release. She appeared on "American Idol," "Saturday Night Live," and "Oprah" in addition to other shows. Friday, she will perform in Times Square on "Good Morning America" and then appear on "Regis & Kelly."

Album's debut single "Touch My Body" was her 18th to reach No. 1.

Carey's previous album, "The Emancipation of Mimi," arrived at No. 1, selling 404,000. The six chart-toppers tie her with Madonna and Janet Jackson for second place behind Barbra Streisand's eight. Madonna's "Hard Candy" will be released Tuesday and will likely debut at No. 1.

Like a weekend for a major summer blockbuster, most labels got out of the way of Carey's tax day release.

Country tyros Lady Antebellum sold 43,000 copies of their self-titled Capitol Nashville debut to open at No. 4. Thrice and Rush bunched up at Nos. 17 and 18, selling 21,000 copies of their new albums, "The Alchemy Index, Vol. 3 & 4: Air & Earth" (Vagrant) and "Snakes & Arrows: Live" (Atlantic).

Selling 19,000 were Children Of Bodom's "Blooddrunk" (Fontana/Universal) at No. 22 and the Naked Brothers Band's "I Don't Want to Go to School" (Nickelodeon) at No. 23. Tristan Prettyman's "Hello" (Virgin) sold 18,000 in its first week to open at No. 27.

Leona Lewis' "Spirit" dropped a slot to No. 2 selling 95,000 units, a little less than half the amount it did in its first week.

Mariah Goes from S**t List to Blacklist

The paparazzi are done being mad at Mariah Carey's ultra-diva antics -- now they're trying to get even.

Mimi's been unofficially placed on a paparazzi blacklist after breaking unwritten fame game rules at a CD signing event last week.

After Mariah showed up two hours late (bad), sprinted down the red carpet (even badder), and wore sunglasses on the red carpet (huge no-no), paparazzi nation decided to unofficially boycott the singer -- that means no pictures, no coverage, no love. Surely, she will plummet into obscurity.

We're hearing the photogs are planning to ignore the singer as long as it takes to prove their point ... or until Mariah wears another slutty outfit (tomorrow?).

Source: TMZ

Mariah Lights Up The Empire State Building

By WENN

Pop superstar Mariah Carey will turn the lights of New York City's Empire State Building lavender, pink and white this weekend, to promote the release of her latest album.

The singer will flick a switch on a scale model of the iconic tower at a ceremony on Friday - and when the sun goes down in the city, the building will glow her favorite colors.

The city is honoring native New Yorker Carey, whose new CD E=MC2 this week topped the Billboard chart with first week sales of 463,000.

Earlier on Friday, she performed a live free gig for fans in Times Square, which was broadcast on Good Morning America.

It's proving to be a big year for the 38-year-old; earlier this month she achieved her 18th number one single in America, lifting her above Elvis Presley and just behind the Beatles, who managed 20.

Mariah Carey Makes Movie Return

Mariah Carey leaped at the chance to reignite her movie career in independent film “Tennessee” so she could exorcise the demons of 2001 flop Glitter.

The movie was a critical and commercial failure, and acting offers dried up for Carey.

Seven years on the star returns to the big screen, playing a waitress in Tennessee, after producer Lee Daniels offered to help her find her way back in Hollywood.

She says, "It was cool for Lee Daniels to take a chance on me because obviously, you know, not everybody was going to do that."

The film - about two men on a journey to find their estranged father, in a bid to save their younger brother from leukemia - will premiere on Saturday at New York's Tribeca Film Festival.

Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Stir Engagement Rumors

Wearing a humongous, gleaming ring on her left hand, Mariah Carey stayed close to Nick Cannon at the afterparty for her new film, Tennessee, on Saturday night.

The pair held hands at the bash at Tenjune, which followed the movie's premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival. The two also looked cozy in Vegas on April 14. When asked about a possible engagement, Cannon's rep had no comment; Carey's was unable to be reached for comment.

Asked what he loved about Carey, Cannon, 27, told PEOPLE: "Everything." He was at her side from 8 p.m. to about 10:45 p.m. in Tenjune's VIP room, where they were joined by her BFF, Da Brat. Zoe Kravitz and Ben Kingsley also stopped by.

Meanwhile, before the premiere, Carey played it coy, saying she only has eyes for one male: Jack, her Jack Russell terrier.

"I'm in love with my dog," said the singer, 39. "He is my special someone. I love spending time with him."

Even when love hurts her adoration stays strong: Carey wore a pink Hello Kitty band-aid on her hand at the premiere, explaining that Jack "accidentally bit me."

In her new film, she plays Krystal, a troubled diner waitress and aspiring singer who tackles personal demons on a road trip to Tennessee.

"This is something very close to my heart," she said of her first major role since the 2001 bomb Glitter. "I'm very grateful to be here tonight. Some people come into our lives and take a chance, someone like Lee Daniels," who produced Tennessee.

"I feel that everything happens for a reason," says Carey.

Mariah makes another road-trip flick

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Seven years after making what is widely regarded as one of the worst movies ever, Mariah Carey is back with another road-trip flick.

But her new movie, "Tennessee," has little in common with 2001's "Glitter."

Premiering at New York's Tribeca Film Festival last Saturday, it follows two brothers seeking their estranged father. On their travels, they meet Krystal, a waitress played by Carey.

"Mariah said, 'This is going to be refreshing for me; this is actually something that I want,' even knowing that it was a gritty, hard shoot," director Aaron Woodley told Reuters in an interview. "Some people even told me that they forgot it was Mariah Carey when they were watching the film."

In 2001, Carey released the semi-autobiographical film "Glitter," which was a commercial and critical flop. She also appeared on MTV's Total Request Live, nearly disrobing in front of a baffled Carson Daly, amid rumors of a nervous breakdown.

Carey, 38, has spent the years since atoning.

"The whole 'Glitter' experience was very, very hard to go through, but I learned a lot from it," she said in a statement.

In 2005, the Long Island, New York native made a big comeback with her multiplatinum album "The Emancipation of Mimi" and won rave reviews for her performance in "WiseGirls," a comedy-drama that premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.

"She's not a diva and she came to work -- and work hard she did," said "Tennessee" producer Lee Daniels, who acknowledged: "People do feel negatively about her as an actor."

But that didn't stop him from offering her the lead female role. Daniels, producer of the Oscar-winning film "Monster's Ball," said he saw Carey in "WiseGirls" and decided "it was clear that she's a very talented actress."

Carey's new album, "E=MC2," shot to No. 1 on the U.S. pop chart, debuting with 463,000 sales in the week ended April 20, according to Nielsen SoundScan data. That was the best debut sales week of her career and the strongest of any artist this year. Figures for the week ended April 27 are out on Wednesday.

Carey's latest single, "Touch My Body," is her 18th U.S. No. 1 -- taking her past Elvis Presley -- and just behind the Beatles, who managed 20 No. 1 songs.

Reuters/Nielsen

Exclusive: Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon are Married!

A source close to Nick Cannon has confirmed exclusively to Latina.com that Cannon and Mariah Carey are married! The couple wed yesterday in a small ceremony on an island and it was "very implusive," according to our source. The wedding was attended by a few close friends of the couple, including Da Brat.

Details forthcoming, but we'd like to be the first to say congrats to the happy couple!

MARIAH CAREY TIES THE KNOT WITH NICK CANNON

By PAULA FROELICH

May 1, 2008 --

"Touch My Body" singer Mariah Carey got secretly hitched to her 27-year-old boyfriend-of-one-month, shocking the chart-topping songbird's family and friends, The Post has learned.

Carey married little-screen actor Nick Cannon at the home Carey just bought in Eleuthera, the Bahamas, a source close to the singer said.

"They have been smitten with each other for days, weeks," the friend said. "And she's always had a crush on him."

It's the second marriage for Carey, who took her first walk down the aisle with record kingpin Tommy Mottola.

Cannon has last been linked with Victoria's Secret model Selita Ebanks, to whom Cannon proposed via the Times Square jumbotron. Five months later, the couple broke up.

Carey, 38, and her boy-toy had tongues wagging when she was seen sporting Cannon on her arm and a shiny ring on her finger at the Tribeca Film Festival.

When asked what he loved about Carey, Cannon reportedly cooed "everything."

"Everyone is happy to see her happy," Carey's friend told The Post. "And it could work out -" some people know each other for five years and get divorced, maybe this is true instant love."

Not everyone is so over-the-moon.

"There was no pre-nup - there wasn't time," said another worried source.

Guests at the wedding included Carey's longtime pal, rapper Da Brat.

Calls to Carey's rep weren't returned.

Carey is certainly floating these days - even before her wedded bliss.

Carey beat Elvis in the amount of No. 1 hits on the Billboard charts recently. Her "Touch My Body" was hit number 18 for her.

In addition, her E=MC2, debuted at No. 1 on the charts.

Her last romance lasted for about three years - and most recently, she publicly confessed she was fine with not having children.

Cannon started out acting on Nickelodeon's "All That," picked up some bit parts in movies, and then returned to television. He also had a cameo in 50 Cent's video "Disco Inferno."

Carey Scraps Post Marriage Tv Chat

MARIAH CAREY has scrapped her first post-marriage interview.

Fans of the pop superstar were hoping she'd reveal all about her spontaneous Bahamas wedding during a chat which was to be taped on Monday (05May08) for U.S. morning show The View, but Carey has pulled out of the programme.

Details were sketchy as WENN went to press, but The View producers have confirmed Carey will not be appearing on the show, as planned.

The singer reportedly wed Nick Cannon at her home in the Bahamas on Wednesday (30Apr08). Neither the couple nor their publicists have confirmed the reports.

Source: contactmusic

Friends React to Mariah & Nick's Marriage

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon's recent wedding not only surprised fans, but their friends and close associates, too.

"I'm shell shocked," a source in Carey's camp tells PEOPLE. "As far as I know, they are happy together."

Music mogul Russell Simmons said he didn't know about the nuptials ahead of time, but sees why the pairing works. "Whatever makes them happy," he said Friday. "They have a lot in common and should have a lot of fun together."

Even Cannon's family was surprised by the move. "It's crazy right! We're definitely happy. Well wishes!" Cannon's brother, Gabriel, tells PEOPLE. "I'm trying to be like him and I love him very much."

Another insider says the newlyweds didn't know each other before Carey's video shoot for her song "Bye, Bye" in the Caribbean on March 26. "Nick was cast as the romantic lead and was flown to Antigua where they met so basically their [romance] started during the shoot," the insider says, adding, "She's very into religion and Nick is very into religion. That's something they bonded on."

Whatever their connection, Jacob Arabo, who created the diamond sparkler that the actor gave the singer as an engagement ring, tells PEOPLE that his friend is in love with Carey.

Still, others seem more dubious of the whirlwind romance.

"This is what Nick does; Nick is such a sucker for love," said a source close to Cannon. "He falls in love so quick."

Adds another Cannon insider: "We all thought it was a joke, but he's been impulsive before. He's a mini mogul but still young and maybe this was a crush that went too far.

"Well see. He takes awhile to come down from the cloud."

Don't Worry, Mariah Has a Prenup

Tuesday , May 06, 2008

By Roger Friedman

Don't Worry, Mariah Has a Prenup

Mariah Carey — yes, she’s married, it’s confirmed, it really happened down there in the Bahamas. She is now Mrs. Nick Cannon. You always thought you’d marry Mariah? Well, you’re too late now!

More importantly: Miss Mariah and Mr. Cannon have a very nice prenuptial agreement.

Mariah apparently told a mutual pal of ours: "Anyone who thinks we didn't have a prenup is smoking something!"

This is not the Mariah Carey of old. She is a smart, smart businesswoman. For example: Post-Tommy Mottola, Carey nabbed $50 million from her short-lived deal with Virgin Records. After "Glitter," they just paid her all that to walk away!

She’s had three hit albums since then: "Charmbracelet," "Emancipation of Mimi" and the current "E=MC2." She has her own perfume line, as well. Mariah also has substantial real estate holdings, and let’s not forget the publishing royalties. Her name is on every song. This is not Whitney. She has a small fortune, and she’s not about to lose it, even in love.

As for the wedding, I know this much: Mariah’s cousin, Shawn McDonald, walked her down the aisle. And the Bahamas ceremony will not be the only one. When Mariah and Nick return from their honeymoon, expect a big party and maybe even a second ceremony, something not so secret, for all the singer’s New York pals.

Mariah Carey Visits Fertility Clinic

Mariah Carey has been visiting a fertility clinic.

The 38-year-old singer and her husband Nick Cannon - who married last year following a whirlwind romance - were seen leaving a Beverly Hills' Southern California Reproductive Center last week, where they reportedly met with a prenatal specialist.

A source told gossip blogger Perez Hilton: "Nick and Mariah are trying anything and everything to conceive. After almost a year of trying to natural way, they visited a fertility clinic to help make their baby dream come true."

Mariah is said to be desperate to give birth before she turns 40 next March.

The renowned centre is one of the leading in vitro fertilisation (IVF) clinics in California.

Jennifer Lopez - who has one-year-old twins Max and Emme - is said to have been a previous patient.

The couple have made no secret of their desire to start a family, with Nick admitting he wants a large brood.

He said: "We'll multiply. That's what's got to happen."

Mariah has also revealed she is ready to become a mother, but finds the constant speculation about whether she is expecting tiresome.

She said: "I don't like to talk about it too much. I just think about it as the next phase. We'll see.

"I've changed my mind about becoming a mother because I'm with 'The One'. I think we would make good parents, and that we'd be able to figure out how to do it properly."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Mariah Carey 'Looking For a House in Santa Monica'

Mariah Carey and husband Nick Cannon are reportedly giving up on New York in a bid to move to Los Angeles.

The pair - who married in April last year - are said to be looking for properties in Santa Monica so Carey can fully focus on her acting career.

A source tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "She and Nick Cannon are looking for houses in Santa Monica. They want to move to Los Angeles permanently.

"She wants to act more and she has to be on the West Coast to do that. And well, then, he's got his . . . career. Whatever that is."

Carey, 38, is currently celebrating rave reviews for her role in the indie flick Tennessee.

Source showbizspy.com

who's heard of her latest single?! Obsessed. OMG my friend has been playing this song over and over again and it was getting annoying because later on I started singing bits of it cause i heard it SO much!!!!!! She takes a cheap shot at Eminem in this video and she makes one ugly dude.

I think its funny he is host of that "Americas Got Talent"... talk about a no talent required job !!!!

LOL Nick Cannon! I can't believe that their marriage is til lasting this long... who would've thought?!

Mariah Carey: ‘I Try Not to be a Jerk’

Mariah Carey has witnessed “extreme diva behavior” first hand — and she insists that’s not who she is.

The Touch My Body hitmaker says she tries her best not be a jerk — but admits her sassiness has been mistaken for rudeness in the past.

“I try not to be a jerk. I really do,” she said. “I try to be nice and cordial.

“I’ve seen the real extreme diva behavior and I don’t think that’s who I am.

“I think I have mannerisms and that whole thing… But even before I had any type of fame I was like this. Seriously.”

“They [the media] said I wouldn’t come into a hotel room unless there were petals on the floor,” Mariah added. “I’m like, do you really think at 3am I give a shit what I’m walking on?”

Source showbizpy.com

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon on The Rocks?

MARIAH Carey’s marriage to Nick Cannon is on the rocks because of her constant boozing, partying and inability to get pregnant — according to a new report from American tabloid the National Enquirer.

The magazine claims that Cannon is fed up with Carey’s parting and it’s driving a wedge between the couple.

“Right now the situation is potentially explosive,” a source divulged.

“They’re still very much in love, but their problems are beginning to affect their marriage.

“Nick is demanding that Mariah cut back on the partying immediately.

“Nick hates that he’s left to clean up the mess.

“The day after her boozing sessions is a nightmare for Nick because Mariah sleeps much of the day and then wakes up in a foul mood, and they end up fighting.”

Source showbizspy.com

Mariah Carey: ‘Journalists Are Lazy’

MARIAH Carey knows why the media has labeled her with the ‘diva’ tag — because all journalists are lazy!!

The singer says the press make her out to be difficult and demanding because they’re desperate to put her in a box.

“At its heart, I think it’s lazy journalism,” Carey told UK newspaper the Daily Mirror when asked about her reputation as a diva. “I was on the first Divas Live show and that seemed to kick the whole thing off.

“You know, my mother — who was an opera singer — used to use the term as a compliment; it meant a very talented singer. But I looked it up in the dictionary recently and now it also means a difficult and demanding woman.

“I guess people like to put you in a little box, and that box fits me because I have the big hair, and I wear the tight dresses on stage. But that doesn’t mean I’m difficult or nasty.

“I remember a story in the British press, saying I’d demanded rose petals be scattered on the carpet of a London hotel when I arrived. The truth is, we’d just landed, it was 3am and all I wanted to do was go straight to my room.

“The back entrance would have been fine, never mind rose petals! I’d never ask for anything like that. But that sort of stuff is written about me, so I’ve just learnt to shake it off.”

Source showbizspy.com