fykeylicious

This Land is Our Land

Unfortunately I think Trumo still relies on him it was just for optics. Now bannon is completely unregulated and still whispering in his ear.

Anyone still watching Leah Remini's $cio documentary?? I am. Occurred to me some of the tactics used by $cio are the same that Trump has used....

My favorite: Oh you silly person, it's so simply to fix your issue with us, just ignore us while we save the world because we are better people!

My son's classmates are really freaking out about this because we have a lot of DACA kids in our neighborhood. A lot. In fact, there is a federal lawsuit going forward (slowly) about the ICE raids done in our community this spring, This is so sad for these kids who are now so unsure about what's going to happen to them tomorrow or next week or next month.

I don't know if this is the right area to post this, but we survived Hurricane Irma this week. I'm in central Georgia and we had high winds, heavy rain all day long. We lost power for 3 days which was rough. We have solar generators that ran a little microwave oven and charged my phone. We kind of stay prepared, so we have canned goods, water and water filters, freeze dried food, lots of battery powered lights and candles, etc. The worst part to me is the total darkness of no electricity. The weather was not too hot, though, and we only lost the siding from one part of the house. It was scary, but not nearly as bad as many, many other people had it. Our 3 foster kids, young brothers, went to live with their dad up north last week which was good. Having them here would have been difficult. We have only one foster son now. He is 15 and really stepped up during the emergency. He went from being a snotty, self involved teenager to a young man that was a huge help to me.

I hope that all of you chit chatters are well and safe and did not lose anything to that storm.

• Like 3

Glad to hear you are okay, Gracenote!! We were without power for about a week after Sandy, but thankfully didn't have to deal with the flooding that a lot of other areas had. These storms are just downright scary.

• Like 1

Glad to hear it wasn't too serious. Thanks for letting us know. It's weird that we could lose contact with an active member and have no idea what ever happened (a few from here come to mind). I'm glad your foster son stepped up - hopefully it will be a good growing up turning point for him.

• Like 2

Glad to hear it wasn't too serious. Thanks for letting us know. It's weird that we could lose contact with an active member and have no idea what ever happened (a few from here come to mind). I'm glad your foster son stepped up - hopefully it will be a good growing up turning point for him.

Agreed - there are a few members that, over the years, I came to think of as "friends" who disappeared from the board. Hopefully all is well with them, but I still think of them often.

• Like 2

Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, and a former business associate, Rick Gates, have been indicted on charges of conspiracy against the United States, money laundering and other financial charges. This is just the tip of the iceberg!

• Like 1

Trumps former foreign policy advisor, George Papadopoulos... pleaded guilty to lying to FBI agents about his contacts with Kremlin-connected Russians http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/30/560816481/trumps-former-foreign-policy-advisor-pleads-guilty-to-lying-to-the-fbi

Edited by MissuTam

Yeah from what I understand, the Papadop business is the much bigger story than the Manafort one. Papadop was arrested OVER THE SUMMER and not a word ever leaked until it was all unsealed today. Meanwhile, he pled guilty and has been cooperating with the Mueller investigation all this time.

• Like 1

I remember when Trump was running for President he said that if he won, mass shootings wouldn't happen because he wouldn't allow it. Does anyone else remember that? Really wish he would keep that campaign promise. :(

• Like 1

I remember when Trump was running for President he said that if he won, mass shootings wouldn't happen because he wouldn't allow it. Does anyone else remember that? Really wish he would keep that campaign promise. :(

If only....

Part of me thinks that when these things happen, the perpetrators of these crimes should never be named, should never have their photo shown. They should be stricken from all records like they did back in Ancient Egypt.

I can't watch the news at all anymore. It's just one anxiety attack after another.

• Like 1

This whole Flynn thing is crazy. I am truly worried. I do not like him and do not want him as our President. But how much is this going to damage our international policies and destroy our country? Sad thing is there are people that will still be out there going ... but Hillary....

Treason - is what I think. Either by him and/or his kids. It will be interesting who he saves. I think it will be his kids, but I wouldnt be shocked if he left them out to dry.

I would love to hear from some insiders just how effective he really is at his career (real estate) - I cannot imagine that many really want to work with him. Anyone with enough money to hire the right people should be able to continue to make money.

I am also waiting for one of the women he settled with to break her silence. There are people out there with enough clout and money that would want to pay for her suit and damages from breach of contract to take him down.

• Like 2

This whole Flynn thing is crazy. I am truly worried. I do not like him and do not want him as our President. But how much is this going to damage our international policies and destroy our country? Sad thing is there are people that will still be out there going ... but Hillary....

Treason - is what I think. Either by him and/or his kids. It will be interesting who he saves. I think it will be his kids, but I wouldnt be shocked if he left them out to dry.

I would love to hear from some insiders just how effective he really is at his career (real estate) - I cannot imagine that many really want to work with him. Anyone with enough money to hire the right people should be able to continue to make money.

I am also waiting for one of the women he settled with to break her silence. There are people out there with enough clout and money that would want to pay for her suit and damages from breach of contract to take him down.

Wait and see, if they do take him down, that his people/family members/enablers come back with dementia or Alzheimer's to explain his actions and why he shouldn't have to pay for what he's done. Probably already been a diagnosis, but they've made sure he stays in until they all get everything they want, which is to bleed all the rest of us dry of our money and take away as many rights/freedoms/equality as possible from us. And you can rest assured that all the enablers will make themselves blame-free for all the chaos and disorder.

There is too much dementia talk to ignore at this point. But is it true? Or he trying to be like Reagan?

If it takes "dementia" for him & his cronies to save face and get him out of the office and off Twitter as the official leader of our country, I would be ok with that....My bar is set pretty damn low at this point.

• Like 4