princess

Celeb Death Watch

Kenny Rogers

Kenny Rogers Dead: Country Music Icon Was 81 – Variety

Anonymous/AP/Shutterstock

Vocalist Kenny Rogers, who dominated the pop and country charts in the 1970s and 1980s with a string of sleekly tailored hits and won three Grammys, has died. He was 81. Rogers “passed away peacefully at home from natural causes under the care of hospice and surrounded by his family,” a representative for the singer said in a statement. Due to the  national COVID-19 emergency, the family is planning a small private service at this time with a public memorial planned for a later date.

• Sad 2

Oh man. Watching the Glovettotters on Scooby Doo. Classic Gen X latchkey kid stuff. They were so cool to me. I took my kids a bunch of times when they were younger to see the newer Globetrotters. 

Bill Withers, July 4, 1938 - March 30,2020.  Three time Grammy Winner.  Known for his hits "Ain't No Sunshine", "Grandma's Hands", "Use Me", "Lean on Me", "Lovely Day", and "Just the Two of Us".

• Like 3

I am only just now realizing that I never mentioned country singer Joe Diffie in this chat yet. Its been a week now since his departure.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly (one of his many fans)

P.S. I've been playing my favorites from him like crazy. I just wish that his performance of "The Ships That Don't Come In" during the 1992 Music City News awards show was still online to watch. To me, it never should've been removed and if it ever does become available to see again, you will then finally know why I love it so much.

Go here for both a recent clip and write up on Joe.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. It is very much appreciated how much has been shared about Joe, especially when maybe at the end of the day, the family doesn't owe the fans much if anything at all. I do remember hearing Joe say on the radio years ago that the fans are who keep celebrities going and so if I have ever overstepped in any way by caring about my favorites so much to where I may ask about things that might be private, I do apologize. To me, people as wonderful as Joe deserve all of the thought and respect in the world, especially when respect is what comes from people like him first. :) :) :)

• Like 1

John Prine died yesterday. Longtime a favorite of mine. Survived cancer twice (continuing to perform AFTER throat cancer!) but died at age 73 from COVID-19. Have been listening to lots of good music in memorium today.

I didn't think that I would ever see it again, but I found it!!!

Go here and start watching at the 1:21:16 mark of the clip for Joe's Music City News performance of "The Ships That Don't Come In".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP6QBlD_eQE

God bless you and his family and the rest of his fans always!!!

Holly

P.S. I didn't think that Joe would ever give it up at the end, I LOVE the smile on his face while listening to the crowd go bonkers for him!!!

Edited by James Otto Sweet Heart
  • Like 1

Roy Horn of Siegfried & Roy dies from coronavirus at 75

800.jpeg

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Roy Horn of Siegfried & Roy, the duo whose extraordinary magic tricks astonished millions until Horn was critically injured in 2003 by one of the act’s famed white tigers, has died. He was 75.

Horn died of complications from the coronavirus on Friday in a Las Vegas hospital, according to a statement released by publicist Dave Kirvin.

• Sad 3

Fred Willard, 'Best in Show' and 'Modern Family' comedy star, has died

(CNN) — Fred Willard, the comedic actor known for his roles in movies including "Best in Show" and "This is Spinal Tap" and TV sitcoms "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "Modern Family," has died.

The star died peacefully on Friday "at the fantastic age of 86 years old," his daughter, Hope Mulbarger, confirmed to CNN.

"He kept moving, working and making us happy until the very end. We loved him so very much! We will miss him forever," Mulbarger said.

His death comes nearly two years after the passing of his wife of 50 years, Mary Willard, who died in 2018 when she was 71 years old.

• Sad 1

That show almost feels cursed at this point. 

Former 'Glee' actress Naya Rivera missing, presumed dead after day on California lake: reports | Fox News

July 09, 2020

Former “Glee” actress Naya Rivera is missing and presumed dead after her 4-year-old son was found alone on a boat on a lake north of Los Angeles, according to multiple reports.

Rivera rented the boat at Lake Piru in Ventura County at around 1 p.m. Her son was found safe by another boater three hours later, according to KCAL-TV in Los Angeles.

Authorities have been searching by air and using dive teams amid a search and rescue operation for the 33-year-old actress, KNBC-TV reported.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Rivera and her son went swimming – he was wearing a life jacket but she wasn’t – and he got back into the boat but she didn’t, the sheriff’s department said, according to KNBC.

Rivera is best known for playing Santana Lopez on "Glee" and most recently has been in YouTube's "Step Up: High Water."

• Sad 1