Hoyaheel

Talk Shows

I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY PICKED RYAN SEACREST

Out of all the people who would have been great sitting next to Kelly! What are they thinking?!?!?

I haven't watched in a long, long time, but now I definitely won't be tuning back in. Very disappointed.

• Like 1

I am so looking forward to the Daily Show reunion on Colbert tonight. Especially in light of the Comey news today. Can't wait!

Looks like Hoda Kotb is the official new co-Anchor for the first 2 hours of the Today Show (and staying on the 10am hour with Kathie Lee). Is this the first time one of the major network morning shows has had 2 official female anchors? I love Hoda, and I esp like that she gets to be brainer when she's with Savannah than she does with Kathie Lee....

Also I'm super super glad they didn't pick Megyn Kelly!!!!

• Like 2

Cuba Gooding Jr has some good comic timing! On Graham Norton (he's going to be Billy Flynn/Chicago in the West End)and he's playing off Graham and Imelda Staunton(adore!!!!) I don't usually like CGJ but tonight he's ok.

will.i.am is a little odd....but also has funny stories.

• Like 1

https://pagesix.com/2018/03/01/kelly-and-ryans-relationship-may-not-be-as-sunny-as-it-seems/

Hmmm, Kelly Ripa might actually be pissed at Ryan Seacrest? Don't blame her!

The allegations against him that were released recently were VERY detailed. I know we all pooh-poohed a female being harassed by Seacrest, but I think we can mostly agree that harassment and sexual abuse is about power, NOT about sex, so.....In that context, I could see it. He always seems to me like he has Napoleon/Little Man complex.....

Anyway, I don't watch Kelly's show, but she's has worked her ass off for it for years and she doesn't deserve to have yet another man screw it up for her.....

• Like 2

Madonna on Graham Norton last week. Even the fabulous Graham (AND super guest Ian McCellan!) couldn't make Madonna a good guest. She's....very awkward! Not least her too tight corset pushing her boobs out into public.....

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 2:31 PM, Hoyaheel said:

Madonna on Graham Norton last week. Even the fabulous Graham (AND super guest Ian McCellan!) couldn't make Madonna a good guest. She's....very awkward! Not least her too tight corset pushing her boobs out into public.....

She seems very guarded.  I guess if I was that famous I would be too, on the other hand this is a talk show and you know Graham isn't going to do anything shitty to his guests.... 

My 75 year old mother saw this episode and she said she thought Madonna was on drugs :D

I love Graham because the biggest stars just go all out. Madonna is no bigger or more famous a star than most people on his couch each week, so I find that a crappy excuse. Some people aren't good at interviews/talk shows. She's one of them.....

So, what drugs does your mom think?? I think her speech is impaired because of that ridiculous grill she has in, and she couldn't have been comfortable in what she was wearing, so I'm not sure I'd assign her behavior to drugs. But I'm always up for good gossip ?

Agreed that Madonna was very awkward - I think she just doesn't like doing interviews because she is guarded.  But as you said, this is Graham and he always makes sure his guest are comfortable.  And he does get the big names on his couch that rival Madonna in terms of fame.  However, I'm guessing Madonna did not know his format or she would never have worn what she did!  Why would you wear that to a sit-down interview??  And she didn't have any cute stories ready to tell like other celebs do.  She was dressed to perform, not talk!  I feel like Madonna thought this was just another dumb interview to promote her new album and didn't realize Graham is different.  Go Graham!   :kung-fu-panda:

In terms of my mother thinking Madonna was on drugs, she thinks everyone is on drugs or drunk that can't hold a conversation.  Funny considering she never caught me in my college years :D

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, princess said:

Funny considering she never caught me in my college years :D

I can talk & cook real good when I'm smashed ? My MIL - give her a 2nd white zin and dinner is burned (or, my FIL has to figure it out) but I can do multiple courses with a couple bottles in. I do get loud when I talk though. But sometimes I do that when I'm just excited so I figure people can't tell the difference ?

I agree Madonna totally didn't know she was going to have to sit and chat for an hour. I saw as soon as she walked out that her outfit wasn't gonna work....