346 replies to this topic

#41 ts4them

ts4them

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

My niece and nephew love her- I thought she was too cheesy at first, but I LOVE her song "See You Again".

#42 hedda_louella

hedda_louella

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3391 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:03 PM

I'm not saying she dresses provocatively, I don't think she does. But if I did not know who she was, I would think she was 25.

You mean.... she's NOT 25? WTF?

Kids may like her, her mom may be keeping her out of the Tinsel Town crack dens but there is something about that girl that just puts me off. Granted, I've never seen her show nor have I seen her movie(s?) but you're right, it's not her outfits. It's her FACE. Every time I see her on the red carpet she looks 25-30.

I'll throw Ms. Cyrus a bone and say that at least she doesn't look as old as Ali Lohan. That poor kid looks about 40. Her mom must be pleased. :rolleyes:

#43 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:42 PM

A Cyrus By Any Other Name
Posted Mar 17th 2008 4:14PM by TMZ Staff

Don't call her Destiny Hope! TMZ has obtained official documents filed Friday in Los Angeles County Superior Court requesting Destiny Hope Cyrus' name be officially changed to Miley Ray Cyrus.

The documents, filed by Hannah Montana's parents Leticia and Billy Ray, indicate the reason for the name change as "Destiny Hope Cyrus has been commonly known as Miley Cyrus since she was a young child. The Change of Name is requested to make her commonly used name the same as her legal name."

It had been previously reported that her name was officially changed -- not so. In addition to filing these documents, she must publish a public notice of the change. Then she can officially start signing checks as Miley Cyrus.
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

#44 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:17 PM

Dolly Parton: 'Miley Cyrus Is A Little Elvis'
Dolly Parton is tipping her teen superstar goddaughter Miley Cyrus to become the next Elvis Presley. Parton is amazed by what Cyrus has achieved at the age of 15 - and is convinced she will be a huge star for decades.

She tells AOL Music, "That little Miley Cyrus ... she's like a little Elvis! The kids love her because she's Hannah Montana, but what people don't realize about her is she is such a fantastic singer and songwriter. She writes songs like she's 40 years old! She's really deep."

"And I think that she's gonna have a big career after that show is off the air. I know I'm partial, because she's my goddaughter. But I'm amazed at the talent that child has and the effect she has on people. And a lot of that ain't just Disney, a lot of that is Miley."
WENN

#45 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:56 AM

Miley Cyrus changes her name
Miley Cyrus was born Destiny Hope Cyrus

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Hannah Montana is leaving destiny behind.

Miley Cyrus was given the name Destiny Hope Cyrus by her father, Billy Ray Cyrus.

Miley Cyrus, whose given name is Destiny Hope Cyrus, has filed papers in Los Angeles Superior Court to change her full legal name to Miley Ray Cyrus.

The 15-year-old singer and TV star is the daughter of country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, who filed the papers last Friday with wife Leticia. Her father writes in the filing that the request was "to make her commonly used name the same as her legal name."

The name-change request was first reported by the celebrity Web site TMZ.com.

Miley Cyrus has said her father gave her the nickname "Smiley Miley" as a baby because of her sunny disposition. On the Disney Channel tween hit "Hannah Montana," she plays a teen who hides her singing stardom.

Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus are hosting the Country Music Television ceremony together at Nashville's Belmont University on April 14.
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

#46 hedda_louella

hedda_louella

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3391 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:09 AM

Good move. Miley Ray sounds kind of country but Destiny Hope is nothing but trailer trash.

#47 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:32 AM

(Pagesix.com)

Jones Slams Irresponsible Role Models

Actress Rashida Jones has hit out at the "depressing" lack of Hollywood role models for young girls. Jones, the star of U.S. TV's The Office and the daughter of music legend Quincy Jones, is fed up with reading about the exploits of troubled celebrities such as Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears. Instead, the 32-year-old wishes more attention could be focused on responsible role models - like Miley Cyrus. She says, "I think about what it would be like to have a daughter now, one who is influenced by Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears - and, ugh, it's so depressing. Where are the other young Hollywood role models who are cool, smart, and out there doing something with their lives? Maybe Miley Cyrus? There's a definite responsibility that comes with being famous. You shouldn't be able to just... look pretty."

#48 alpierce

alpierce

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1707 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:13 AM

I'm not saying she dresses provocatively, I don't think she does. But if I did not know who she was, I would think she was 25.

You mean.... she's NOT 25? WTF?

Kids may like her, her mom may be keeping her out of the Tinsel Town crack dens but there is something about that girl that just puts me off. Granted, I've never seen her show nor have I seen her movie(s?) but you're right, it's not her outfits. It's her FACE. Every time I see her on the red carpet she looks 25-30.

I'll throw Ms. Cyrus a bone and say that at least she doesn't look as old as Ali Lohan. That poor kid looks about 40. Her mom must be pleased. :rolleyes:

I didn't necessarily mean her face, but she dresses and looks too old. Kids need time to be kids no matter what they think they may want. When I see kids Cyrus's age and younger with thriving hollywood careers I blame the parents for letting it happen. The boatloads of cash they push at these kids and their parents is no excuse for not letting your kid be a kid. Parents need to be parents and kids need to be kids.
Blind Item Junkie

We are the Americans
You will be assimilated!
Resistance is futile!

#49 Baby Doll

Baby Doll

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:56 AM

Good move. Miley Ray sounds kind of country but Destiny Hope is nothing but trailer trash.

Hey! She's gonna need that name back when she starts stripping. She'll regret this, I tell you.

#50 MissuTam

MissuTam

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:09 AM

I didn't necessarily mean her face, but she dresses and looks too old. Kids need time to be kids no matter what they think they may want. When I see kids Cyrus's age and younger with thriving hollywood careers I blame the parents for letting it happen. The boatloads of cash they push at these kids and their parents is no excuse for not letting your kid be a kid. Parents need to be parents and kids need to be kids.

Take a moment and compare her to other teenage girls walking out of any middle school today. You will see that not only is she age appropriate but actually a little on the conservative side.

My experience is with Archdiocese Schools. I never knew there were so many ways to sex up a parochial school uniform. And cover your eyes at the school dances...you wonder if their parents let them leave the house dressed that way. :rolleyes:

#51 may561

may561

Chit Chatter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:15 AM

My daughter and Miley share the same birthdate and Miley dresses conservative compared to the kids I see my daughter hanging out with.

#52 hedda_louella

hedda_louella

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3391 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:58 PM

Hey! She's gonna need that name back when she starts stripping. She'll regret this, I tell you.

Haha! :lol:

Good point! Well, she can always change it back. :rolleyes:

#53 taco

taco

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2927 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:54 AM

ALL HAIL THE NEW BRITNEY
http://www.mollygood...itney-20080326/

A top photo agency head is claiming the paparazzi’s relationship with Britney Spears is weakening. “Over the weekend, there were less than a half dozen [photographers] covering Britney,” according to BuzzFoto founder Brad Elterman. “Yet there were 30 in the pack covering Miley Cyrus.” Elterman says the reason is because these Britney regulars want something “new and fresh,” which sounds a lot creepier considering Miley’s underage.
Seems the paps aren’t interested in normalcy, and instead are preparing for the next breakdown waiting to happen. So when Jamie Spears said he was going to get all the bad influences out of Brit’s life, he meant it.
Im bringing wine tonight. Its from a merlot from nashville. I bet it'll taste like infidelity and teenage pregnancy.
[ text from the 901]

#54 hedda_louella

hedda_louella

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3391 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:35 PM

Miley Shops in Bev Hills - Paps go nuts. All Hail the New Britney, Indeed!

Miley Cyrus heads over to Beverly Center for some shopping with BFF Mandy Jiroux and mom Tish Cyrus on Friday at the edge of Beverly Hills, Calif.

The trio shopped at Bloomingdales, Diesel, Dolce, and Max Studio.

Also peep the video of Miley walking through craziness!

10+ pictures of Mandy, Miley and Tish in Beverly Hills 90210…

WTF is up with her face? Okay, at least in these pics she doesn't look 35 years old but there is still something really odd about this girl's face.

Posted Image

Link to more pics and a video of the pap-frenzy.

Just Jared

Edited by hedda_louella, 29 March 2008 - 02:36 PM.

#55 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:20 PM

Miley Cyrus Triumphs At Kids' Choice
Teen Powerhouse Wins 2 Awards And Performs At Annual Slime-A-Thon

(AP) It was the best of both worlds at Saturday's Kids Choice Awards for Miley Cyrus, who took home trophies for favorite female singer and TV actress and rocked the show with a spirited performance of her hit song, "GNO - Girls Night Out."

It was also a slime spectacle for the Nickelodeon children's television network, which broadcast the 21st annual show live from UCLA's Pauley Pavilion in front of 10,000 screaming fans, almost all of them teens and preteens.

At an outdoor event hosted by boxer Laila Ali and displayed on giant screens at the show, several stars did battle with the network's trademark green slime. Akon crashed a dune buggy into giant containers of the goo, Usher blasted a sumo wrestler several yards with slime fired from a cannon and supermodel Heidi Klum, attached to a bungee cord and wearing a specially equipped "butt spike belt," flung herself into a wall covered with slime-filled balloons.

"Don't try this at home," Ali said as Usher turned the cannon on the sumo wrestler.

The slime stunts and other assorted foolishness - which included a soundtrack of celebrities burping as an instrumental version of the Village People song "YMCA" played in the background - took up so much time that presenters never got around to announcing three awards.

The show always draws A-list stars who seem to enjoy the show as much as the screaming kids in the audience. No star is safe from the slime, as this year's victims Harrison Ford, Brendan Fraser and Orlando Bloom can attest.

In the categories that were announced, teen heartthrob Drake Bell was another double winner, collecting his third consecutive orange blimp-shaped trophy for favorite TV actor and another for favorite TV show for "Drake and Josh."

"Drake and Josh" upset Cyrus' hit program "Hannah Montana" in the TV show category.

Other winners were Eddie Murphy for favorite voice from an animated movie for "Shrek the Third," "American Idol" for favorite reality show and, one of the biggest crowd favorites of the night, the Jonas Brothers for favorite music group. The ever-polite Jonas Brothers each offered brief thank-yous. Chris Brown won for favorite male singer.

Ryan Seacrest accepted the reality show award saying he looked forward to presenting it to "two of the three" of the show's judges.

Cyrus, in a black dress with silver spangles, thanked several people, including her mother, father, agent, manager "and my lord and savior Jesus Christ."

She returned a few minutes later to perform her song, and had a camera crew scampering to get out of the way when she charged into the audience, microphone in hand.

The Naked Brothers Band also performed a song from their forthcoming album "I Don't Want To Go To School."

Cameron Diaz injected one serious moment into the 90-minute show when she accepted a silver blimp as this year's Wannabe Award winner, for the person kids most want to be like. After a montage of clips from both her movies and her efforts on behalf of environmentalism was shown, she encouraged the crowd to do their part to protect the planet.

"You're going to change the world. Every one of you kids is the future," she told the audience. "Everybody go out and make the world a better place."

Diaz, who was the first ever Kids Choice Awards burping contest winner, has long said that was the favorite of all her awards. She said this one trumped it.

Jason Lee accepted the favorite movie award for "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and said it was one of his biggest thrills.

"I'm going to hang this from the ceiling because it's the greatest award anyone could receive because it was voted on by the kids," he said as he held his blimp.

Awards are voted on by people who cast their ballots at Nickelodeon's Web site, with voting continuing until the day of the show.

The show's host, Jack Black, announced that 88 million votes were cast this year, more than twice last year's record number of 40 million.

The show concluded with Black and Bloom sitting in chairs high above the audience being drenched with what Black claimed was 27 million gallons of green slime.

#56 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:37 AM

Miley Cyrus Nabs Two Kids' Choice Awards
Us Weekly

Posted Image
Miley Cyrus was recognized for her multi-talents at Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards Saturday.

The Hannah Montana star and Us Power Girl won awards for favorite female singer and television actress.

The 15-year-old – who had a No. 1 movie in February – also performed her song "Girls Night Out" during the telecast, broadcast from UCLA's Pauley Pavilion.

Jessica Alba won for favorite movie actress at the awards, which were determined by 88 million votes on Nickelodeon's website.

"I love Nickelodeon! I wore green today in honor of the slime," Alba – who's expecting her first child – said. "I love making movies for you all."

Cameron Diaz was presented with the Wannabe Award, which recognizes a celebrity role model. She asked the audience of preteens to say, "We are the future! And the future is bright!"

Chris Brown won for favorite male singer, the Jonas Brothers won for favorite music group and Ryan Seacrest accepted American Idol's award for favorite reality show.

#57 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:28 AM

Miley’s looking smiley
The Scoop

Time for the hard questions: Did Miley Cyrus get veneers?

Star magazine noticed that her “snaggletoothed smile” (the magazine’s phrase, not Scoop’s) now looks dramatically different. Namely, her bottom teeth seem straighter, and her “top front teeth are noticeably less prominent and her grin is much brighter overall.”

No comment from the Cyrus camp, but Star’s go-to dentist weighed in: “It looks as though she’s had some porcelain veneers put on her front teeth. And her small incisors appear to have been covered to make them look longer and more balanced with the rest of her mouth," Michael D. Kosdon, D.D.S., a Burbank, Calif., dentist told star Star. No word from the Cyrus camp on whether any dental changes did in fact take place.

#58 hedda_louella

hedda_louella

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3391 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:56 PM

Whatever. Someone needs to sit that girl down and tell her point blank - NO GUMS WHEN YOU SMILE. That gummy look is hideous. I hope they fixed her teeth. I started calling her "Jaws" which is never a good sign.

#59 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:01 AM

Miley Cyrus 'Steps Up' To Dance Challenge

Disney superstar Miley Cyrus has filmed a dance video after she was challenged to a battle by the director of Step Up 2: The Streets. Filmmaker Jon Chu and the movie's star Adam Sevani posted a video on YouTube earlier this week in which they challenged the 15-year-old to a no-rules "online dance battle."

And now the Hannah Montana star and her best friend/back-up dancer Mandy Jiroux have stepped up to the dare, recruiting the movie's dance crew to join her in a choreographed performance set to Madonna's hit single "4 Minutes."

In the video, Cyrus and her company of performers, dubbed the "M&M Cru," are seen carrying out a series of impressive dance maneuvers, including back-flips. /WENN

#60 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:33 PM

Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus Warm Up for CMT Awards

Things might get a little dangerous at the CMT Awards on Monday night with Billy Ray Cyrus and powerhouse daughter Miley co-hosting.

"We did some promos a few weeks ago and they kept having Miley say all the real serious things and I'd just step in there and say, 'I wanna set something on fire!' " Cyrus tells PEOPLE. "We just went through this deal with these seatbelts and here I am doing promos for this award show, and all I say is 'I'm gonna set something on fire!' And I just said, 'Man, I'm going to get in trouble!"

Miley, meanwhile, has stayed in good graces, despite confounding her pop with her recent decision to legally change her name to Miley Ray. "I think that’s the first sign of someone flipping out!" says Cyrus, jokingly. “I tried to talk her into keeping her name as it was."

But, he says, he relented because he believes it was Miley's way of honoring her grandfather, Ronald Ray. "Miley would always end her concert show with this song called 'I Miss You' as an encore and the [video] footage they would show is my dad riding a horse with him holding her. They were very close."

With their co-hosting duties, their hit duet “Ready, Set, Don’t Go” and a new Hannah Montana movie in the works, dad and daughter are famously tight, too – but Billy Ray insists he won’t be making any guest appearances on "The Miley and Mandy Show" on YouTube.

"I'm old-fashioned, man!" laughs Cyrus, who is in the process of writing and recording songs for a new album. “Quite frankly, I'm immersing myself in music and I don't have any time to mess around right now."

The CMT Awards – with performances by Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley and more – will air at 8 p.m. ET on CMT.

Source: People
**MY INNER CHILD IS A MEAN LITTLE EFFER**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users