339 replies to this topic

#21 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:22 AM

I don't know about that. For all that I don't like her, she seems like a pretty open person about stuff like that. I think if it were true, she would be frank with it and become the biggest advocate for DS she could be (especially as it would get her more press). I also think she would not allow Sarah Palin to be the figurehead for any movement she could champion. I think the tragic reports will amount to the gossip that has been going around about their looks and nothing more than that.

Edited by dixiedoodah, 28 April 2010 - 07:23 AM.

#22 couleur

couleur

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

Down syndrome seems highly unlikely. They're fraternal twins (one's a boy, one's a girl, right?) so that's two different eggs. Angelina is ~32, so her odds of having 1 egg with a triple chromosome is slim --> ovulating 2 such eggs would be astronomically small. And, the two kids look like each other and they look like Shiloh. It's just a weird mix of genetics -- pouty lips coupled to fat baby cheeks.

#23 mostlylurker

mostlylurker

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2942 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:56 PM

Down syndrome seems highly unlikely.

They're fraternal twins (one's a boy, one's a girl, right?) so that's two different eggs. Angelina is ~32, so her odds of having 1 egg with a triple chromosome is slim --> ovulating 2 such eggs would be astronomically small.

And, the two kids look like each other and they look like Shiloh. It's just a weird mix of genetics -- pouty lips coupled to fat baby cheeks.

correct couleur. also, she would have had assesment during pregnancy and known if there was a genetic problem. In which case if they had the kids they'd realize at some point they might have to address the issue particuarly if it was obvious

#24 andyfan

andyfan

Chit Chatter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:07 AM

Since they are, obviously, from two differnt eggs one could have downs syndrome and one not. Which is way more likely than both of them having it. I have two friends one in her late 20's and one mid 30's who had children with downs. It happens. The one closer to Brad in the picture looks closer to having downs facial features than the one closer to AJ. But I don't see them as being the kind of parents to try and hide it. And their biological children have such interesting facial features, and the hats, make it difficult to say. Plus not all downs children have the same features and some have more noticablle than others.

#25 gingersnap

gingersnap

Chatter Bug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:18 AM

Down syndrome seems highly unlikely.

They're fraternal twins (one's a boy, one's a girl, right?) so that's two different eggs. Angelina is ~32, so her odds of having 1 egg with a triple chromosome is slim --> ovulating 2 such eggs would be astronomically small.

And, the two kids look like each other and they look like Shiloh. It's just a weird mix of genetics -- pouty lips coupled to fat baby cheeks.

I know she seems young to have a DS child. But, the highest number of down syndome babies are born to younger women. Older women are at a greater risk, but have more genetic testing. Younger women typically don't do a the blood test, CVS test or amnio. So that's why they have a higher incidence of DS babies actually being born.

#26 mostlylurker

mostlylurker

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2942 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

so many downs experts here.

#27 Gracenote

Gracenote

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

Posted Image

Baby on the right has a bruise on it's forehead.

#28 Jacey

Jacey

Chatter Bug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:55 AM

I think the bangs and hair color are highly flattering on Angelina.

#29 MC

MC

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5726 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:00 AM

Peeked at the story in the checkout line. From scanning it, it appears that the "scandal" is that people are saying the kids look like they could have Downs Syndrome, not that they do. Talks about the parents being upset that anyone would think that. Much ado about nothing...
SELF RELIANCE IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS IN LIFE!
I believe in equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome.

#30 mostlylurker

mostlylurker

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2942 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

Posted Image

Baby on the right has a bruise on it's forehead.

most babies do from time to time.
Anyway frankly AJ would probably take downs as a PR event if her kids had them. sort of like the adoptions.

#31 KikiTopaz

KikiTopaz

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

I have my own theory about the babies and it includes the "mystery" diet. It might have affected them in-vitro, may be why they always look sleepy or a slight resemblance to Down's Syndrome. Ever wonder why she delivers the babies overseas, in a private villa, where they don't require the mother to give a blood test? Uh Huh.

#32 Hihomumio

Hihomumio

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2348 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:49 PM

I think the twins look pretty much like Shiloh did when she was younger.

#33 mostlylurker

mostlylurker

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2942 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:54 PM

I have my own theory about the babies and it includes the "mystery" diet. It might have affected them in-vitro, may be why they always look sleepy or a slight resemblance to Down's Syndrome. Ever wonder why she delivers the babies overseas, in a private villa, where they don't require the mother to give a blood test? Uh Huh.

while alchol fetal syndrome has a particular look to it, "mystery diet" doesnt tend to.

#34 wasabi

wasabi

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:09 PM

They don't have Downs, they look just like Brad did in these pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:02 AM

Angelina Jolie says Shiloh ‘wants to be a boy’
Actress talks family with Vanity Fair, says she was just like daughter as kid

"She wants to be a boy. So we had to cut her hair," Angelina Jolie says of her daughter Shiloh. "She likes to wear boys' everything. She thinks she's one of the brothers."
updated 2 hours 36 minutes ago
In August's Vanity Fair, Angelina Jolie opens up about her six children and relationship with beau Brad Pitt.

The "Salt" star, 35, admits she dresses Shiloh, 4, "like a little dude. Shiloh, we feel, has Montenegro style. It's how people dress there. She likes tracksuits, she likes [regular] suits. She likes to dress like a boy. She wants to be a boy. So we had to cut her hair. She likes to wear boys' everything. She thinks she's one of the brothers."

But Jolie says she isn't worried: She was just like Shiloh as a kid.

"Shiloh’s hysterically funny, one of the goofiest, most playful people you’ll ever meet," she says. "... Goofy and verbal, the early signs of a performer. I used to get dressed up in costumes and jump around."

Maddox, 8, is "a real intellectual, which I can take no credit for genetically. He’s great at school, great at history. He feels like he could be a writer or travel the world and learn about places and things."

Five-year-old Zahara has "got an extraordinary voice and is just so elegant and well spoken," adds the proud mom.

And twins Knox and Viv (who turn 2 next month)? They're "classic boy and girl," says the actress. "She’s really female. And he’s really a little dude.”

Jolie describes their home life as "happy."

Says the mom, "I got back from work last night, and everybody was playing music and dancing and I suddenly found myself dancing around with a bunch of little fun crazy people."

Are more kids on the way? “No, I’m not pregnant [but] we’re not opposed to it," she says. "We want to make sure we can give everybody special time. They're kids now, and can play together, but they’re going to need a lot more talking in the middle of the night, like I did with my mom for hours. We want to make sure we don’t build a family so big that we don’t have absolutely enough time to raise them each really well.”

She says things are stronger than ever with Pitt, 45, despite those split rumors.

"[We're not] against getting married [but] it’s just like we already are," she tells Vanity Fair. "Children are clearly a commitment, a bigger commitment [than marriage]. It’s for life.”

She didn't even mind his scraggly beard.

"I love Brad in every state," she says.

Adds Jolie, "I feel fortunate to have a relationship where I actually feel safe enough to imagine growing old together."

Copyright 2010 Us Weekly
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

#36 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

Posted Image

This pic has been everywhere - am I the only one who is bothered that one boob is way bigger than the other??

#37 Kath

Kath

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

"Shiloh’s blah blah blah

Maddox, 8, is blah blah

Five-year-old Zahara has "blah blah blah blah" adds the proud mom.

And twins Knox and Viv (who turn 2 next month)? They're "blah blah," says the actress.

What about Pax?!

#38 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:53 PM

Posted Image

This pic has been everywhere - am I the only one who is bothered that one boob is way bigger than the other??

Yeah...i'm ok with it. :P
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

#39 Maxiemom

Maxiemom

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3215 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:03 PM

I'm more bothered by the Morticia Adams hair.

#40 annabeast

annabeast

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4304 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:48 PM

I think she is quickly losing her beauty. And I'm not just saying that to be mean.
I know that dude. - Jeff Spicoli, Fast Times at Ridgemont High

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users