191 replies to this topic

#161 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

Just finished binge watching The Crown last weekend :)

#162 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12026 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

I'll have to figure out a way to get Netflix to watch S2. Is it one of the downloadable options?? I'd read they we're adding more. I can't stream from home.

#163 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12026 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:48 AM

I taped The Coronation on BBCAMERICA last night. They've been showing clips on the news. Damn, the Queen looks great. Her legs!! I guess 87 years of horseback riding will give you those amazing legs and posture....

Can't wait to watch the entire interview ;-)

#164 MissuTam

MissuTam

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

I'll have to figure out a way to get Netflix to watch S2. Is it one of the downloadable options?? I'd read they we're adding more. I can't stream from home.

Check your neighborhood library.  If it is out on DVD, they may have a copy.

#165 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12026 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

I don't think S2 is on video yet (Amazon doesn't have it, so...)

The Crown S1 was one of the downloadable options on Netflix, so if S2 is as well, I might have to join netflix again (I can download at work - cannot stream at home)

#166 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 01/16 **#9**
This foreign born A++ list celebrity probably can't back out without looking foolish, but a lot more people are whispering about the past of his significant other. One thing that is very noticeable is at a recent event, the significant other worked hard to get the attention on herself rather than him. Further, there were only about 20 people who showed up and the year previous with that first couple in attendance the number was about ten times higher.

#167 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7381 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:22 AM

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 01/16 **#9**
This foreign born A++ list celebrity probably can't back out without looking foolish, but a lot more people are whispering about the past of his significant other. One thing that is very noticeable is at a recent event, the significant other worked hard to get the attention on herself rather than him. Further, there were only about 20 people who showed up and the year previous with that first couple in attendance the number was about ten times higher.

oh enty please

#168 tyler

tyler

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4622 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:38 AM

What am I not getting here?

“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”

Alfred, Batman and applicable today.

#169 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7381 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:47 AM

enty wants us all to believe that 1) Harry wants to back out of the wedding, and 2) there is no public interest in Harry and Meghan

#170 tyler

tyler

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4622 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

enty wants us all to believe that 1) Harry wants to back out of the wedding, and 2) there is no public interest in Harry and Meghan

Well I can't speak to number (1) (but I doubt it); and (2) definitely wrong about number (2).  

“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”

#171 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1199 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:39 AM

From the Telegraph

Princess Eugenie engaged to Jack Brooksbank: Couple 'float with laughter and love', says Duchess of York in gushing tweets
Princess Eugenie is to marry her long-term boyfriend Jack Brooksbank, it has been announced, as her mother described how the couple "float with laughter and love" in a series of gushing social media posts.

Buckingham Palace announced on Monday morning that the Queen's granddaughter became engaged to Mr Brooksbank in Nicaragua earlier this month.

Princess Eugenie's parents, the Duke of York and his former wife Sarah Duchess of York, were "delighted" to announce the engagement, while Mr Brooksbank's parents said they were "completely over the moon".

In a series of Twitter posts after the announcement, the Duchess of York posted a picture of the couple overlaid with the words: "A total embrace of goodness and joy... Eugenie is one of the finest people I know and so together it will be pure harmony".

The wedding will take place at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle this autumn. It is the same venue that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will wed on Saturday, May 19.

Princess Eugenie, 27, and 31-year-old Mr Brooksbank began dating in 2011 after they met while skiing in the Swiss resort of Verbier.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh "are very pleased and wish the couple all the best" following their engagement announcement.

In a statement, the palace said: "The Duke and Duchess of York are delighted to announce the engagement of Princess Eugenie to Mr Jack Brooksbank.

"Her Royal Highness and Mr Brooksbank became engaged in Nicaragua earlier this month.

"The wedding will take place in the Autumn of 2018 at George's Chapel in Windsor, with further details to be announced in due course."

#172 tyler

tyler

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4622 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

I am all for true love, but if this isn't a blatant attempt at attention grabbing, I don't know what is.

#173 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12026 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

Yeah, Fergie's tweets were a little over the top, eh?

I can't wait to see what she decides on for a dress & headgear ;-) [Eugenie, I mean, not Fergie - though her choices might be interesting as well! Camilla really does the "mother of the bride/senior royal" look well, but I don't think Fergie wants to give in to that age/role so much....(yes, Fergie is younger than Camilla, by 11 years, but still....)]

#174 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12026 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:36 AM

Watching the Coronation now and laughing at the Queen playing with her crowns. She really does have a lovely dry sense of humor!!!

Re Fergie, I wonder if she wanted to make a stark contrast to how reserved Charles and Camilla were announcing Harry's engagement?

#175 Wordsworth

Wordsworth

Chatter Box

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:11 PM

I preferred the quote from Brooksbank’s gran, who told the press that he’s a charming boy but “not the most intelligent”.

They’ve also been told they can’t marry in September as they apparently wanted because of other royal family commitments, so if it is attention grabbing I don’t think Charles at least will let it happen.

#176 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12026 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:43 AM

Lainey's comment last week (I think - I was traveling and I'm all messed up AND behind on my gossip!) was that there won't be any problems between Harry & Eugenie as all the cousins get on well - but there could be conflict between Charles & Andrew as they most definitely have conflict....

#177 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12026 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:57 AM

Am now watching The Queen at 90 (I recorded it on The Smithsonian Channel - not sure who made the documentary or where else it might be shown) It's fabulous!! Interviews with many members of the royal family!

#178 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12026 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:41 AM

https://www.msn.com/...ko3b?li=BBnb7Kz

Prince Harry refuses prenup. Can he do  that? Or does it not really matter because all the truly "royal" stuff is covered under british law and all that would be "personal" would be his personal wealth, eg trust from mom etc?

#179 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:11 AM

:blink:

#180 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12026 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:11 AM

Although I personally found it "icky" to sign a prenup at age 27 before I got married, at age 45 (and still happily married, thank you) I firmly believe a prenup is a great idea. You're not really saying you don't think the marriage will last. You're saying that your mother's jewels or the family business or whatever need to stay in  the family....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users