708 replies to this topic

#41 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

Macho Man Randy Savage dies in car accident at 58: Wrestler suffered heart attack behind the wheel

Source:DAILY NEWS

All-time pro wrestling great Randy (Macho Man) Savage died in a Florida car wreck Friday morning after suffering an apparent heart attack behind the wheel.

The 58-year-old Savage was killed in Tampa when his 2009 Jeep Wrangler crossed a median and slammed head-on into a tree, authorities said. He was pronounced dead at Largo Medical Center in Largo, Fla.

His wife Lynn was in the car, but suffered only minor injuries just weeks after their first anniversary. The front end and hood of the car were crumpled by the impact.

Savage's brother, fellow ex-wrestler Lanny Poffo, told TMZ.com that the former world champion suffered a heart attack just before the 9:25 a.m. wreck.

"He had so much life in his eyes & in his spirit, I just pray that he's happy and in a better place and we miss him," Hulk Hogan said Friday on Twitter.

"We miss him a lot ... This was a tough one."

The one-time minor league baseball player helped catapult Vince McMahon's WWF into a huge success during his run from 1985-93.

"He was an amazing person," said longtime friend Steve Cardillo, the owner of Massachusetts company that supplied Savage with weight belts. "He was a very generous guy. He would come here, put on his whole costume, and sign autographs for kids."

Savage used his rippling physique, multi-colored bandanas and trademark cry of "Oooooh yeaaaaah!" to become one of the wrestling world's biggest draws.

He teamed with Hogan at one point before their "partnership" went south, and captured the world and intercontinental championships with the WWF - known now as the WWE.

"Our sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends," the WWE said in a statement. "We wish a speedy recovery to his wife Lynn."

Savage also wrestled for Ted Turner's WCW before retiring in 1999.

He later made a cameo appearance in the box office hit "Spider-Man" and became a pitchman for Slim Jims, but kept a relatively low profile after leaving the ring.

A previous Savage wife, wrestling manager Elizabeth Heulette, died in 2003 from a lethal combination of drugs and booze.

lmcshane@nydailynews.com
**MY INNER CHILD IS A MEAN LITTLE EFFER**

#42 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

Report: Jeff Conaway brain dead, to be taken off life support by grieving family
By Carina Adly MacKenzie
May 26, 2011 6:10 PM ET

"Grease" and "Taxi" star Jeff Conaway is set to be taken off of life support, reports RadarOnline. The actor, who has long struggled with drug addiction, was found unconscious on May 11 as a result of pneumonia exacerbated by substance abuse. He was put into an induced coma, struggling with sepsis, and has been on a ventilator and a feeding tube since.

"Doctors advised the family that Jeff has had no brain function since he was brought into the hospital," says a source close to the family. "The feeding tube has already been removed. The ventilator which is breathing for Jeff, will be removed sometime this afternoon. No measures will be made to try and revive him once the breathing tube is removed."

Dr. Drew Pinsky, who treated Conaway on "Celebrity Rehab," visited Conaway in the hospital. While his initial reports were hopeful, saying that Conaway would likely recover, he posted on May 21, "yes,we all need to pray for him.Not doing well today suddenly."

Conaway, 60, is best known for his work as Kenickie in "Grease," and for his star turns on "Taxi" and "Babylon 5." He began his career on Broadway at just 2 years old, and endured physical and sexual abuse as a child before leaving New York to attend the North Carolina School of the Arts. He married "Grease" co-star Olivia's sister, Rona Newton-John in 1980, but the couple divorced five years later. In 1990, he married Keri Conaway, and though it is not known when the couple officially divorced, he is estranged from her.
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

#43 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:20 AM

'Grease' Star Jeff Conaway Dead At 60

Los Angeles Jeff Conaway, who starred in the sitcom "Taxi," played swaggering Kenickie in the movie musical "Grease" and publicly battled drug and alcohol addiction on "Celebrity Rehab," died Friday. He was 60.

The actor was taken off life support Thursday and died Friday morning at Encino Tarzana Medical Center, according to one of his managers, Kathryn Boole.

"It's sad that people remember his struggle with drugs. ... He has touched so many people," she said, calling Conaway a kind and intelligent man who was well read and "always so interesting to talk to. We respected him as an artist and loved him as a friend."

"He was trying so hard to get clean and sober," Boole added. "If it hadn't been for his back pain, I think he would have been able to do it."

Family members, including Conway's sisters, nieces and nephews, and his minister, were with him when he died,

Source- AP

#44 WiLdFiRe

WiLdFiRe

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

awww, I just heard that James Arness passed away Friday, June 3, 2011, at the age of 88. He was best known for playing Marshal Matt Dillon, from the long running t.v. series Gunsmoke. R.I.P.

#45 KikiTopaz

KikiTopaz

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:16 PM

James Arness was the older brother of Peter Graves, whom I believe passed away last year. I remember, as a child, we were visiting our grandparents when an Elvis movie came on. Grandpa made us watch Gunsmoke instead.

Edited by KikiTopaz, 07 June 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#46 alpierce

alpierce

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1707 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:27 AM

Clarence Clemons, sax player from Bruce Springsteen's band and so much more, died on Saturday at 7pm from complications due to a stroke. Clarence, you will be missed!
Blind Item Junkie

We are the Americans
You will be assimilated!
Resistance is futile!

#47 kappy22

kappy22

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3438 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

Clarence Clemons, sax player from Bruce Springsteen's band and so much more, died on Saturday at 7pm from complications due to a stroke. Clarence, you will be missed!

Yes he will. Having seen them in concert about 3 years ago, he was a big presence on stage. My sympathies to the band and his family and friends.

#48 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

I've been bemoaning the lack of sax in modern music since the last heyday in the 80s - LOVED Clarence Clemons. What a musician! Was sad to hear this, though after the recent stroke, I guess not to surprised.

#49 Baby Doll

Baby Doll

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

RIP to the Big Man. You will be greatly missed.

#50 branchop

branchop

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2701 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:02 AM

'Jackass' star dies in car accident

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn died in a car crash in Pennsylvania early Monday morning, TMZ is reporting. The website confirmed the accident with the mother of fellow "Jackass" star Bam Margera.

The 34-year-old Dunn appeared in all of the "Jackass" movies, and had two separate films in post-production and another in development, according to the IMDB.

Dunn and an unidentified person both died in the crash which happened around 3 a.m. at Route 322 and New Street in West Goshen Township, according to TMZ.

Full disclosure - I have no idea who this guy is.

ETA: It appears all of my 12 year old daughter's friends know who he is

Edited by branchop, 20 June 2011 - 12:54 PM.

The most accident prone person on the planet..... :(

#51 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

Sad.... Don't know him but RIP.

#52 branchop

branchop

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2701 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

'Columbo' star Peter Falk dies at 83 Actor reportedly suffered from Alzheimer's disease Peter Falk was best known for playing the rumpled star of crime drama "Columbo." Actor Peter Falk, known to millions as the rumpled star of television crime drama "Columbo," has died, KTLA.com reports. The actor was 83. He reportedly was suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Falk first played Lieutenant Columbo (his first name was never clearly announced, though one badge image lists it as "Frank") in a 1968 TV movie. Its popularity led to a second film and then to the series, which ran from 1971 to 1978. Even after the show was canceled, Falk would play the laid-back detective in "Columbo" TV movies. Falk also starred in 1965's "The Great Race," 1963's "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World," and played the grandfather and narrator in 1987's "The Princess Bride," with a young Fred Savage as his grandson.

#53 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

Aw, love love (inappropriately) Peter Falk :(

#54 branchop

branchop

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2701 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Jerry Lewis rushed to hospital 85-year-old comedian showed no signs of illness earlier in the day Jerry Lewis was set to appear at a show on Friday, but was suddenly rushed to a hospital. Beloved comedian Jerry Lewis was hospitalized on Friday in Sydney, moments before a scheduled appearance at a show on behalf of the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation of Australia. "We would like to apologize to people who purchased tickets for tonight's show," said David Jack, the organization's CEO, in a statement. "But in unforeseen circumstances Jerry was not well enough to take the stage." The 85-year-old comic legend, who has dealt with several health issues over the years, reportedly showed no signs of illness earlier in the day.

#55 theempress

theempress

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

Falk also starred in 1965's "The Great Race," 1963's "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World," and played the grandfather and narrator in 1987's "The Princess Bride," with a young Fred Savage as his grandson.

He also had a great role in "Wings of Desire," playing "Peter Falk," a former angel.
"If you're going to lie to me, you lie to me with respect."

#56 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:28 AM

Jonathan Rhys Meyers Hospitalized After Suicide Attempt: Report
By Tim Nudd and Liz Corcoran

Thursday June 30, 2011 09:00 AM EDT

Jonathan Rhys Meyers was hospitalized in London this week after a possible suicide attempt involving pills, according to a report.

The star of The Tudors, 33, who has battled alcohol addiction over the years, was found slumped on the floor of his home Tuesday night by paramedics answering an emergency call, the Sun reports.

He reputedly refused treatment, so the paramedics called the police, and Meyers was taken to hospital.

A Scotland Yard spokesman tells PEOPLE: "We can confirm we were called by the London Ambulance Service to an address in NW8 to report to a man refusing treatment. Police attended, and the man was taken by ambulance to a central London hospital. That was the end of our involvement."

The actor was reportedly discharged from hospital early Wednesday.
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

#57 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7340 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

Amy Winehouse found dead

TROUBLED pop star Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home in Camden, north London.
The Rehab singer, 27, had struggled with drink and drugs.

More to follow...

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz1Swq6E7EE

#58 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:16 AM

Wow! My guess is she ODed...Did she ever make it to rehab? Forgot, she said, "no, no"....... I love you Wino! REST IN PEACE.

#59 esherk

esherk

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

Wow. So much talent thrown away to drugs and alcohol. RIP

#60 princess

princess

Administrator