#41 WiLdFiRe

WiLdFiRe

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:00 PM

LOVELY LADIES

Linda Evangelista and Claire Danes give Italian designer Stefano Pilati something to smile about Tuesday night at the Serpentine Gallery annual summer party in London. The fete, thrown by Yves Saint Laurent's top dog, was also attended by Kristin Scott Thomas, Elle Macpherson and Mischa Barton.

Posted Image

Lovely ladies? Claire Danes looks awful! She looks older than Linda Evangelista! :blink:

#42 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:34 AM

Posted Image
Beyoncé – who finally spoke out about her romance with Jay-Z, telling Giant magazine, "We respect each other" – makes it a threesome with her rapper beau and singer Rihanna (not pictured) for dinner in New York City on Monday.

#43 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:16 AM

'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Dress to Be SoldAPThe dress that transformed actress Audrey Hepburn into one of cinema's most cherished characters is up for sale, London auction house Christie's said Wednesday. The iconic black gown Hepburn wore for her role as Holly Golightly in the 1961 film "Breakfast at Tiffany's" will go under the hammer Dec. 5, the auction house said. The Hubert de Givenchy-designed dress is expected to fetch 70,000 pounds (US$130,000, €102,500). Hepburn's Golightly is an eccentric New York socialite with a penchant for cigarettes and extravagant baubles. Opening scenes of the movie adapted from Truman Capote's novel of the same name show Golightly in the dress, emerging from a taxi on 5th Avenue with her brown-bag breakfast to ogle diamonds and luxury goods in the storefront windows of Tiffany & Co. Images of the Oscar-winning actress dressed as Golightly sporting gloves, an elaborate pearl choker and a trademark cigarette holder endure more than 40 years after the film's release. Hepburn, born in Brussels, Belgium, won an Academy Award in 1953 for her performance in "Roman Holiday," in which she starred with Gregory Peck. She went on to star in more than 20 films before becoming a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF. She died in 1993. Her movies remain popular favorites, and the "Breakfast at Tiffany's" dress itself continues to inspire. Givenchy head designer Riccardo Tisci recreated the famous gown's silhouette for the label's 2006 autumn/winter line including its cut-out crescent-shaped back. Proceeds from the auction will benefit City of Joy Aid, a charity that provides relief to impoverished children in India. The gown's current owners the founders of City of Joy Aid received it as a gift from de Givenchy. The Parisian couturier was famous for dressing the most glamorous women of the 1950s and 1960s, including Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Princess Grace of Monaco. Givenchy designed Hepburn's wardrobe for many of her films, including "Sabrina" and "Funny Face," a film about the French fashion world. He thought of Hepburn as his muse, and her willowy frame, long neck and intelligent face became hallmarks of 1960s beauty.
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

#44 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:52 AM

Quick & DirtyWET, SHINY &MOUTHING OFF How many times can Sandra Bernhard say "MAC Plushglass" in a single speech? About a gazillion, judging by her constant repetition of the phrase during a lunch hawking the Estée Lauder lip gloss at Michael's yesterday. "When I go to the airport tomorrow and they try to take my MAC Plushglass away from me, it's going to be World War III!" she vowed, more than living up to the lunch's theme, "Give 'Em Lip!" Meanwhile, another speaker, stylist Robert Verdi, neatly dissed the Hamptons: "I see these people on cement. I don't need to see them on sand."
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

#45 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:55 AM

Elle's shock over 'Body' double Klum Is Heidi Klum a "Body" snatcher?Fellow supermodel Elle Macpherson, who's been known as "The Body" ever since Time magazine dubbed her that in a 1986 cover story, has every reason to think so.This week, Klum has been claiming the title for herself in a saturation Victoria's Secret ad campaign for The Body bra. "They call me The Body — and now I have a bra named after me," the German hottie claims in TV commercials.But not so fast, Fräulein Klum!"We saw that and were like, Oh my god!" Elle Macpherson Intimates spokeswoman Melissa Edwards told Lowdown yesterday. "We were initially flabbergasted."Now it's a battle of the supermodel moguls — Macpherson, the 42-year-old, 6-foot Aussie mother of two, against Klum, the 33-year-old, 5-foot-9 mother of two (with one on the way).Elle's flack, Edwards, invoked the 1986 Time cover and added: "We have numerous press clippings in the office referring to her as 'The Body.' Everything from Harper's Bazaar to Vogue to the recent Sports Illustrated calls her that. In terms of public record, that name belongs to Elle."Macpherson markets her own skin-care line, "Elle Macpherson The Body," along with a lingerie brand and a fitness video titled "The Body Workout." Klum — who was once called "The Body Two," in deference to Elle — is a relative Heidi-come-lately, and didn't hit the United States until the late 1990s. Both Klum and Macpherson have been favorites of the Sports Illustrated annual swimsuit issue, and both appeared in the mag's latest.But what's up with "The Body" doubling? A spokeswoman for Klum and Victoria's Secret didn't respond by deadline to detailed messages.

#46 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:02 AM

Marc Jacobs’s Gay AdsOut fashion designer Marc Jacobs is taking homoeroticism from sexual to loving in his new ad campaign. Men.Style.com reports that the ads showcase makeup artist Dick Page and his husband, James Gibbs, in both their Manhattan apartment and their Long Island house. “You always see something more sexual and aggressive, a stereotype of gayness,” photographer Juergen Teller says. “For me, this ad is about two human beings loving each other.” To check out one of the adverts, click here.

#47 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7340 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:08 AM

Vera Wang Goes Slumming
Posted Aug 24th 2006 3:30PM by TMZ Staff

Vera Wang became famous for designing exquisite wedding dresses for everyone from Jennifer Lopez to Mariah Carey to Jessica Simpson. But soon even your Aunt Myrtle in Akron will be able to sport a Wang design of her very own.

Vera, who was crowned women's wear designer of the year in 2005, has teamed up with "value-oriented specialty department store" Kohl's to start a new brand called Very Vera Vera Wang.

The line won't include couture gowns (now what will Auntie Myrtle wear to the VFW?), but it will feature sportswear, intimate apparel, accessories, footwear, and linens and towels.

And while Wang's high-end fashions can cost up to $12,000, the Very Vera line will feature a more pedestrian-friendly price tag aimed at appealing to the ever popular middle-income woman.

Times must be tough in the fashion biz though, because Wang is just the latest high-end designer to peddle their more modest wares to the masses.

Target alone currently features (or has featured) the designs of world renowned designers Isaac Mizrahi, Mossimo, Todd Oldham, Cynthia Rowley, Steven Sprouse and Luella Bartley. Attention shoppers: walkoff in Aisle 3!

Very Vera Vera Wang will be available at Kohl's stores and online starting Fall 2007.

#48 Cutielb99

Cutielb99

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5845 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:16 AM

2006 Emmys --- The Red Carpet

Ellen Pompeo in a purple JOHN GALLIANO FOR CHRISTIAN DIOR siren gown.

Posted Image

---

Debra Messing in a tiered ALBERTA FERRETTI gown and CARTIER jewels.

Posted Image

---

Evangeline Lilly in a VERSACE strapless stunner and dazzling diamonds.

Posted Image

---

Katherine Heigl in ESCADA, accessorized with JIMMY CHOO shoes and clutch.

Posted Image

---

Sandra Oh in a lavender Vera Wang gown.

Posted Image

---

Tyra Banks in diamonds worth $3.5 million and a $55,000 GEORGES CHAKRA couture trumpet gown.

Posted Image

---

Kyra Sedgwick in an ARMANI PRIVÉ tulle confection.

Posted Image

---

Mariska Hargitay in a CAROLINA HERRERA gown with cascading flowers.

Posted Image

---

Julia Louis-Dreyfus in a black and white NARCISO RODRIGUEZ dress.

Posted Image

---

Portia De Rossi in a swirling gray ZAC POSEN gown and crimson satin clutch.

Posted Image

---

Calista Flockhart in a one-shouldered Grecian-inspired DEREK LAM gown.

Posted Image

---

Heidi Klum in a scarlet gown by MICHAEL KORS.

Posted Image

---

Eva Longoria in a plunging, bubble-skirted dress by JASON WU.

Posted Image

Edited by Cutielb99, 30 August 2006 - 09:48 AM.

#49 Cutielb99

Cutielb99

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5845 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:30 PM

2006 Emmys -- After-Parties

Paris Hilton in a beaded DIANE VON FURSTENBERG dress and quilted purse.

Posted Image

---

Jamie-Lynn Sigler in a MONIQUE LHUILLER gown.

Posted Image

---

REBECCA GAYHEART in a swingy RISER GOODWYN by ROSETTA frock and CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN pumps.

Posted Image

---

Sophia Bush in the ultimate little black dress by CALVIN KLEIN.

Posted Image

#50 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:05 AM

Madonna to Be Face of Louis Vuitton? Madonna will be performing at a private party for Louis Vuitton next month - and the pop superstar is also reportedly being courted as the next face of the fashion house. The Material Girl will play at a bash in Prague, Czech Republic on September 8th. The day before she is playing in the city as part of her Confessions tour. Insiders report the 48-year-old is "very interested" in modelling for Louis Vuitton.

#51 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7340 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:18 AM

Gwen's Got a Brand New Bag
Posted Sep 2nd 2006 8:00AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Fall Fashions

Gwen Stefani teamed up with Le SportSac creator Tim Schifter to create a new wave of purses titled "The L.A.M.B. Love Collection." The trend-setting star unveiled her 33 purses to a small group of retailers and editors in New York last Thursday .

The purses are inspired by the trunks her band uses while on tour, and Gwen's love of rasta colors and old English lettering weave their way through the entire collection, as seen on Fashion Week Daily. Naturally, the bags are super-cool, but unfortunately pretty pricey as well at $300-$700 a pop.

TMZ

Posted Image

#52 Cutielb99

Cutielb99

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5845 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:34 AM

LABELS FOR LESS
Page Six

September 2, 2006 -- THE fashion copycats work with the speed of lightning in this town. Just three days after Evangeline Lilly, Eva Longoria, Felicity Huffman and Julia Louis-Dreyfus wore stunning gowns by Versace, Jason Wu, Monique Lhullier and Narciso Rodriguez at the Emmy Awards, New York designer Faviana has created knockoffs of each. "We rock around the clock to render designer bling on a budget," crowed Faviana principal Omid Moradi. "They'll be in stores next spring for under $300."

#53 Cutielb99

Cutielb99

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5845 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:01 AM

Video Music Awards 2006: Fashion

Jennifer Lopez in a gold lame Biba by Bella Freud minidress and head wrap paired with over-the-knee Versace boots and vintage Fred Leighton diamonds.

Posted Image

---

Paris Hilton in a tulle-laden white dress by Julien Macdonald, Chanel gloves and earings, paired with black ankle boots by Christian Louboutin.

Posted Image

--

Jessica Simpson in a vintage Azzedine Alaia black mini dress.

Posted Image

---

Beyonce in a dazzling Versace Atelier gown and Lorraine Schwartz diamonds.

Posted Image

---

Justin Timberlake in a YSL three-piece suit and striped shirt.

Posted Image

---

Christina Aguilera in a beaded Versace gown and a $550,000 Lorraine Schwartz diamond necklace.

Posted Image

---

Shakira in a black ruffled Tadashi gown with a long Erickson Beaman necklace and loose curls.

Posted Image

---

Nicole Richie in a form-fitting cream crocheted Ralph Lauren gown and intricate necklace.

Posted Image

---

Diddy in a sharp silver and black Emanuelle Ungaro Homme suit.

Posted Image

---

Fergie in a cream Max Azria Atelier mini and satin headband.

Posted Image

---

Rihanna in a sequined D&G minidress, sky-high heels and H. Stern diamonds.

Posted Image

#54 soho2chelsea

soho2chelsea

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9576 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:29 AM

Posted Image
She is really starting to look like Karen Carpenter. (am I dating myself by knowing who Karen Carpenter is? :) )
“Fashion is not about utility. An accessory is merely a piece of iconography used to express individual identity.”

#55 Trizzie

Trizzie

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1953 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:29 PM

Posted Image

I thought she looked awful. That outfit made her look chubby onstage (which she is not). Not a good look for her.

#56 mf'smom

mf'smom

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2381 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:01 PM

Posted Image

I thought she looked awful. That outfit made her look chubby onstage (which she is not). Not a good look for her.

I agree. I was wondering, since she has looked so crappy lately, if she fired her fashion consultant.
"I look at those people and I say, 'Bring it. I'm a Scientologist, man. What do you want to know?' I don't mind answering questions." LLF

"Some people, well, if they don't like Scientology, well, then, fuck you. Really. Fuck you. Period." LLF

#57 Freckles

Freckles

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:48 PM

She looks like she's wearing a biking outfit!

#58 Trizzie

Trizzie

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1953 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:26 PM

Posted Image

US quoted her as saying that she usually goes for the 50's look and this time she wanted something that acceuntuated her hips and butt. Well, she achieved that goal! :wacko:

#59 Freckles

Freckles

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:27 PM

I was just glad JLH wasn't wearing some 1950s-style dress again. She wears the same Sandra Dee silhouette every frigging time I am so frigging tired of it. I don't mind that she's showing she's got a bit of the badonkadonk - I'll take it over a frigging poodle skirt...

#60 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:22 AM

http://gawker.com/ne...ogue-199434.php

Read this on Gawker--major drama at Australian fashion shows because a designer dared use a non-anorexic size 8-10 models. Oh, the horror! Gawker also says Australian Vogue took coverage of that designer off its websites.....How horrible!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users