Sign in to follow this  
princess

Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson

Hanks & Wilson Furious About Secret Homeimdb.comHollywood couple Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are furious with a construction company they hired to build their hideaway in Idaho - after they revealed details of the home in a lawsuit. The actors were hoping to keep their 10-acre Ketchum home a super secret, and were horrified when Storey Construction revealed all in a $1.9 million suit. The company claims Hanks and Wilson owe them $1.9 million for work they completed on the hideaway. The suit has been sealed by an Idaho judge and the two parties will argue the case before a panel in September. Tom and Rita aren't the only stars to own a home in the quiet former railroad town - Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger all have property in Ketchum.

Posted Image

TOM TAKES A BREAK: Who knew? Tom Hanks reveals his inner-shopaholic as he takes to the streets of London with Truman, his 8-year-old son with wife Rita Wilson. He'll be back on the job in June, when his drama with Steven Spielberg, The Terminal, debuts.

(ZBP/Zuma Press)

Posted Image

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson at the Saks Fifth Avenue's Unforgettable Evening Benefiting Women's Cancer Research Fund in Beverly Hills, California

Hanks Hails 'Space Odyssey' As His Favorite Film Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks has hailed sci-fi adventure 2001: A Space Odyssey as his favorite film of all time. The Forrest Gump star insists he "can't see enough" of the 1968 Stanley Kubrick-directed movie, because it involves the audience in a unique way. He says, "That's what I'm looking for when I go to see a film, just like any other cinema-goer. The period, the topic or the genre don't matter to me. The only thing that matters for me is: 'boy, what would you do if that were you?"' He also listed 1972 mafia movie The Godfather, crime thriller Fargo, violent high school drama Elephant and Boogie Nights among his top five all-time favorites.

Tom Hanks: $100 Million Man

EOnline.com

by Natalie Finn

May 10, 2006, 4:45 PM PT

The Da Vinci Code isn't the only thing Tom Hanks is cracking this month. He also cracked the Guinness Book of World Records.

The two-time Oscar winner's way with moviegoers has earned him the title of Actor with Most Consecutive $100 Million-Grossing Movies, with seven consecutive big box-office films, the record-tracking folks announced Wednesday.

America's favorite movie star started his lucrative streak with Saving Private Ryan ($216.5 million) in 1998 and capped it with 2002's Catch Me If You Can ($164.6 million).

Hanks, 49, has appeared in 14 movies overall that have grossed $100 million or more domestically, and he would have had 11 six-figure hits in a row if his directorial debut, That Thing You Do, had done its thing four times as well in 1996. The film, in which Hanks had a supporting role, netted only $25.8 million.

He's come a long way from Bosom Buddies. Hanks also shares a world record with Spencer Tracy, Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman, Marlon Brando and a few other legends for "Most Oscars Won, Best Actor." Each one of those household names has two, with Hanks' statuettes coming for Philadelphia and Forrest Gump. Tracy and Hanks were the only two to get their honors in consecutive years.

Although The Ladykillers ($39.8 million) and The Terminal ($77.9 million) terminated his streak, The Polar Express and its $162.8 million showing laid the foundation for a new record. Hanks' next effort is almost sure to prolong his box-office prowess, although $100 million might be aiming a little low.

The Da Vinci Code opens May 19 in wide release (after its May 17 premiere at the Cannes Film Festival) and the megabuzz surrounding the Ron Howard-directed project practically guarantees it will be one of the biggest films of the year.

For starters, more than 40 million people read the Dan Brown novel the film is based on, and 1 million copies of the paperback version were snatched up its first month out. But a little controversy never hurt moviegoers' curiosity, either (except in the case of Tom Cruise, perhaps?) and clashes with the Catholic Church, a few legal snafus for Brown and talk of possible boycotts have probably only upped the hype meter.

Oh, and people just love Tom Hanks.

Currently, according to online sports book BetCRIS, the odds of The Da Vinci Code having a $105.1 million or better opening weekend (Friday to Sunday) are 2 to 1. More than $120.1 million--4 to 1.

If you like to live dangerously, you could go for the 25 to 1 odds that the film will make $35 million or less, but we wouldn't recommend it.

Of course, not everyone is going to watch Hanks, Audrey Tautou, Jean Reno and Ian McKellen tearing up the streets of Paris, London and Scotland to solve the fictional mystery to end all fictional mysteries.

Senior Vatican officials have called for a boycott of the film, and the Council of Churches in Jordan and Roman Catholic activists in India want their governments to ban the film completely. The Greek Orthodox Church and a top aide to the president of the Philippines reportedly are none too happy, either.

Those in the United States who are concerned about the film's take on the Bible and the Catholic Church seem to be bypassing boycotts in favor of "educational outreach"--books denouncing The Da Vinci Code's theories and lectures about the Gospels. Concerned Women for America, for one, has issued a pamphlet titled "The Top 10 Da Vinci Code Distortions."

Opus Dei, the group that went so far as to demand that Howard and Sony Pictures Entertainment place a disclaimer at the start of the film denoting it as fiction, has also nixed the idea of a boycott. Howard, meanwhile, refused to add the message to his finished product.

A leader from the Catholic sect cited the controversy over Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ as a reason to not protest too loudly. What started out as a film with what appeared to be little mainstream appeal turned into a $370 million phenomenon.

But while anti-Da Vinci Coders are getting all the press these days, the millions of people intending to see the movie are flying quietly under the radar.

"The Da Vinci Code has become so popular that you can go anywhere in the world and odds are you'll run into someone who has read it once, if not twice," BetCRIS CEO Mickey Richardson said in a statement. "The novel took the world by storm, and I would say the probability of the movie doing the same is pretty high."

For starters, more than 40 million people read the Dan Brown novel the film is based on, and 1 million copies of the paperback version were snatched up its first month out. But a little controversy never hurt moviegoers' curiosity, either (except in the case of Tom Cruise, perhaps?) and clashes with the Catholic Church, a few legal snafus for Brown and talk of possible boycotts have probably only upped the hype meter.

everybody seems to hate GMD right now lol

MIRACLE GROWTHE final secret of "The Da Vinci Code" - the mystery of Tom Hanks' long, college-professor hair - may be out. Top dermatologists believe the two-time Oscar-winner , whose hairline has headed north in recent years, popped the hair-growth drug Propecia to get his locks back. "The drug gives new hair the look Hanks is now sporting," said one expert. "I haven't a clue," the actor's flack, Leslee Dart, responded. But Hanks did cryptically reveal to Entertainment Weekly that he'd worked with a "hair chemical expert." Well, at least he didn't wig out.

Tom Hanks Into Army's Ranger Hall of Fame

AP

FORT BENNING, GA. — Actor Tom Hanks was inducted Thursday as an honorary member of the U.S. Army's Ranger Hall of Fame for his accurate portrayal of a World War II Army Ranger company commander in the movie "Saving Private Ryan" and for his continued commitment to honoring those who served in the war.

Besides his role in "Saving Private Ryan," Hanks was cited for serving as the national spokesman for the World War II Memorial Campaign, for being the honorary chairman of the D-Day Museum Capital Campaign, and for his role in writing and helping to produce the Emmy Award-winning miniseries, "Band of Brothers."

Hanks, who was unable to attend the induction ceremony, becomes the first actor to receive such an honor.

Each year, the Army's elite Ranger units and regimental associations nominate a small number of Ranger Hall of Fame candidates, who are then scrutinized by a selection board. All but honorary inductees like Hanks have to be graduates of the Army's grueling Ranger School at Fort Benning, or they have to have served in a Ranger unit.

The latest 17 inductees were mostly career soldiers, ranging from generals to sergeants. The only civilian was U.S. Rep. Jim Marshall, whose district is in the middle Georgia, including Macon. Marshall is a decorated Vietnam War veteran, Ranger school graduate and member of the House Armed Services Committee.

She's not very pretty. Good for her for catching and keeping Tom! She must have a wonderful personality...

She's not very pretty. Good for her for catching and keeping Tom! She must have a wonderful personality...

oh dunno; i think she's quite attractive. ever see her in Frasier where she plays both their mom (in old home movies) and a women Frasier is dating who looks like their mom?

oh dunno; i think she's quite attractive. ever see her in Frasier where she plays both their mom (in old home movies) and a women Frasier is dating who looks like their mom?
:rolleyes: She is very, very attractive...Have you looked at him lately. The old double standard of good looks is still alive. BTW I do remember that Frasier episode, she was great in it.

Yeah, I saw that episode. Didn't think she was anything but horse-faced in that, either. Sorry. I'm not saying that he's handsome, either. It's just that he's a huge star with gigantic bucks and often those guys go for hot little numbers and I find her, well, homely. She's got a strange thing going on with an overbite and really long face. However, she does seem to be a very pleasant person.

NAKED TRUTH ABOUT THE STARS

PaxeSix.com

July 9, 2006 -- THERE'S something about the scorching summer heat that makes celebrities want to strip off their clothes.

In honor of July's lofty temperatures, we proudly present a compendium of boldfaced exhibitionists who maintain a nude attitude. ...

* Tom Hanks: "Usually, when I'm in a hotel room, I strip down naked and walk around on the patio. That's as close as I can get to a feeling of anonymity and power." ...

Posted Image

Actress Rita Wilson, right, poses for photographers with husband, actor Tom Hanks, after her debut performance as Roxie Hart in the Broadway play "Chicago" at New York's Ambassador Theater.(AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)

Cindy Adams, New York Post

July 24, 2006 -- … And then there's Tom Hanks. He has just, even as we speak, completed a six-day tour. Bus tour. By bus. On an actual bus. The man who could take his own plane actually hired a rock 'n' roller's-outfitted-type $500,000 bus. Where one rents such a vehicle I haven't the foggiest. And with God's help, I'll never have to care.

For his 50th birthday, his celebration party for himself was to pack along 14 of those nearest and closest. Guy friends and kids. And hit six different cities: Baltimore, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland. We're talking the garden spots of America. And visit six baseball parks. Oh-boy-oh-joy! Like imagine the supreme excitement of actually watching In Person the Cleveland Indians. Wow! Can't you just see cellphones heating up with these lucky folk calling their poor uninvited pals who were rotting at home by their temperature-controlled Hollywood pools watching their sports on 50-inch plasma TVs while servants handed them iced drinks?

Anyway, Hanks who loves the game and roots for the Yankees here and the Dodgers there, even stopped at playgrounds along the route so his passengers could all play ball.

How I envy that trip.

---

Mkay... Cindy, you're sounding like a real bitch right now. So what if that's how Tom wants to celebrate his birthday?!?!

Cindy almost always sounds like a bitch. A cranky old bitch....But I can't stop reading her column...What does that say about me? :blink:

HANKS: PHYSIQUE-CONSCIOUS

Page Six

August 21, 2006 -- TOM Hanks is no Mel Gibson - but "The Da Vinci Code" star appeared to teeter on the racially insensitive at Thursday's after-party for "Martin Short: Fame Becomes Me" at Tavern on the Green. When Alex Wong, frontman of the indie band the Animators, approached to say hello, Hanks cracked, "You look like one of those pedicab drivers!" Wong was taken aback, thinking it was a slap at his being Asian. But Hanks' flack, Michelle Benson, insisted, "[He] only meant that he was impressed with his physique because he was so muscular and lean like the guys who drive pedicabs all day." Another tense moment at the gala came when a pushy publicist-type asked Alec Baldwin to pose for a few photos on the red carpet. The short-tempered star snarled, "Shut up," then stormed inside. Also in attendance - and without incident - were Jerry Seinfeld, Rita Wilson, Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, Bette Midler, Larry David, Robert Kennedy Jr. and Billy Crystal.

HANKS' DARK SIDE, BY EX-WIFE

Page Six

September 12, 2006 -- TOM Hanks is seen as one of Hollywood's nice guys - but the Oscar winner's first wife, the mother of his kids, strongly disagreed with that perception.

In newly unearthed court papers published in the upcoming bio "The Tom Hanks Enigma," by David Gardner, actress Susan Dillingham charges that Hanks harassed her and attempted to kill her career.

"My husband has repeatedly verbally abused and humiliated me during the past 90 days in my home. This caused me to suffer great emotional distress," Dillingham wrote an L.A. court in asking for a restraining order against Hanks.

Dillingham, whose stage name was Samantha Lewes, died from bone cancer in 2002. During their messy divorce, which began in 1985 and dragged on for three years, the actress said Hanks tried to force her into depositions as she took the lead roles in a series of plays. "[it's] designed to harass and upset me at a time when I should be focusing all of my energies on my job," she wrote in one legal missive.

Hanks shot back in his own legal filing, alleging that Dillingham was delaying a divorce trial "merely to harass me and try to squeeze an unfair settlement out of me."

The couple - college sweethearts who wed after their son, Colin, was born in 1977 - began to have problems when Hanks' career took off in hits like "Splash" and Dillingham's stalled. They also had a daughter, Elizabeth, in 1982.

"Tom was spending less and less time at home . . . [and] with two children to care for and a husband who was away for long stretches . . . it was difficult [for her] to get work," Gardner writes. A year after the divorce, Hanks wed actress Rita Wilson.

Gardner also reveals that Hanks' kid brother, Jim, played a Forrest Gump-type character in a little-known soft-core sex flick two years before Tom created the role that won him an Oscar. In "Buford's Beach Bunnies," Jim invented the "now-famous jerky run associated with Forrest Gump" and, like Gump, showed a shy politeness toward women by calling them "ma'am," the author says.

This was said almost 20 years ago - and sounds as if it was settled out of court.

Nothing newer? Heck he wasn't even halfway famous then - Joe Piscopo (sp?) had a bigger audience than him at the time!

Who Cares........??????