Sign in to follow this  
princess

PETA

(NYDailynews.com)Heather vs. J.Lo: A day in the strife It's turning into a street brawl between Heather Mills McCartney, wife of Paul McCartney, and Jennifer Lopez, wife of Marc Anthony.Yesterday morning, the attention-grabbing Beatle spouse and anti-fur activist staged a press conference with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, at which she slagged Diddy and other fur-loving celebs inside the Fashion Week tents at Bryant Park.Then McCartney marched across Sixth Ave. with an army of camera crews and stormed the offices of Sweetface, J.Lo's fur-trimmed clothing line, to present the singer-actress with a grisly PETA video showing innocent mammals being skinned alive. Lopez, whose rep declined to comment yesterday, wasn't there."PETA has tried for years to educate her about fur - at first gently and quietly, and now like this," McCartney told me immediately after the invasion - which ended in a melee of zealots, reporters and security personnel shouting threats to call the cops in the fifth-floor reception area of J.Lo's headquarters."She keeps saying she wants to be educated. So the next stage is I'll find out where she lives and show up there," McCartney vowed. "And I'll get ahold of her at her premieres."At Sweetface, McCartney brandished the video, denounced J.Lo and posed in front of a couple of huge posters of her. "Get out of here, you're not invited!" the security folks cried, before McCartney and her entourage finally withdrew.So what if Lopez takes out a restraining order against her?In response McCartney laughed scornfully."She needs to find some warmth inside her and penetrate that warmth in her heart," she advised, adding: "I talked to Paul today and he's very proud."Meanwhile, I asked McCartney - who spent two years in the war-torn Balkans working against land mines and who lost a leg in a traffic accident - her response to an off-color joke told by Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly in the latest issue of Stuff magazine: "What has three legs and lives on a farm? Paul McCartney and his wife."McCartney said: "Rod Stewart is a long-term friend of Paul's, so I doubt she said it."

I Hope J-LO takes out a restraining order against her.When you start talking about going to someone's place of residence to protest or storm it she is treading dangerous grounds.I don't know too much about the legal system in Britain but she'd better be careful in New YorkCharges can still be filed against her for trespassing the manhattan office of J-Lo and the Hilfiger are the underwriter of her company and they are considering just that.

Edited by queenie

(UKSun.com)Heather's fur demo clash By TONI JONESSun Fashion Writer and EMILY SMITHUS EditorSIR Paul McCartney’s wife Heather limped in agony yesterday after her false leg was knocked loose in a clash with Jennifer Lopez’s minders.Animal rights activist Heather was delivering a horrific DVD, showing racoons being skinned alive in China, to the New York offices of J-Lo’s fur-trimmed clothing line Sweetface.Guards told her: “Get out of here, you are not invited.” They tried to hustle her away — and her prosthetic leg twisted.Photographer Richard Corkery said: “She was obviously in pain but she found a fire exit to hide in and re-adjust her leg. I saw her limp away from the offices as J-Lo’s men were still shouting at her to get out. They were even saying, ‘Call the cops, call the cops’.”Heather, 37 — who lost her leg when she was hit by a police motorbike in 1993 — said: “The next stage is I’ll find out where she lives and show up there. And I’ll get hold of her at her premieres.”Heather has been using the shows of New York fashion week to highlight animal cruelty.Animal rights group PETA said singer and actress J-Lo was a target because of her clothing range.A spokesman said: “Heather McCartney Mills took it upon herself to go to the Sweetface offices yesterday.“J-Lo said in a recent interview, ‘If somebody wants to educate me about fur they can do’. Heather wanted to be the person to do that.” Heather said: “PETA has tried for years to educate her about fur — at first gently and quietly, and now like this. She needs to find some warmth inside her and penetrate that warmth in her heart.”The former model has already been thrown out of another store for wearing a flat-screen TV showing animals being skinned. The agent for 35-year-old J-Lo declined to comment.

(MSNBC.COM)

Martha Stewart: Unlikely PETA spokesperson

Domestic diva corresponded with a PETA vice president while in prison

By Jeannette Walls

MSNBC

Updated: 9:20 a.m. ET Sept. 20, 2005

Martha Stewart has an unlikely new gig: PETA spokeswoman.

The home-making guru had recorded a message on behalf of the sometimes controversial animal rights activists, asking people not to wear fur.

“I used to wear real fur, but, like many others, I had a change of heart when I learned what actually happens to the animals.” Stewart in a video which debuts Tuesday on http://www.peta.org/. “So much violence in the world seems beyond our control, but this is one cruelty we can stop by being informed consumers.”

The negotiations for Stewart’s appearance occurred while the domestic diva was serving time in prison. “I wrote a letter to her asking her if that stole she wore when she was found guilty was real fur and she wrote back that it was fake and that her daughter had really opened her eyes on that whole issue,” PETA VP Dan Mathews tells the Scoop. “We started a correspondence, and she’s been fabulous. She filmed the video last week on the set of her new TV talk show, and then she offered us delicious vegetarian dumplings from a just-completed cooking segment.”

(Pagesix.com)HOLD THAT MINK ELLE Macpherson is the latest celebrity to renounce fur. We hear that the legendary model, who shot this fall's Blackglama mink ads, has her lawyers scrambling to cancel the campaign after PETA Vice President Dan Mathews sent her a letter detailing the cruelty to the animals and threatening she would become "the next J.Lo." PETA has dogged Jennifer Lopez's steps for supporting fur and even showed up with protesters at her Sweetface office during Fashion Week. Macpherson, wary of any bad press, wants whatever ads that have not already gone to press to be pulled. So far this year, Martha Stewart and Gisele Bundchen have joined the ranks of animal rights protesters.

ONE IN THE PIE Anna Wintour laughed it off last time she was covered in tofu pie at a fashion show, we wonder if she'll see the funny side now it's happened a second time. The American Vogue editor was leaving the Chloé show in Paris on Saturday afternoon, wearing a fur-trimmed black jacket, when she was caught off guard by an animal activist who hurled the vegetarian dish at her head, leaving a streak of cream in Anna's trademark hairdo. Onlookers watched in stunned silence as she then whipped the tofu out of her thatch and walked off. "There is nothing remotely fashionable about the torture and death of animals killed for fur," said PeTA's Michael McGraw - whose group has claimed responsibility for the attack. "Hopefully a pie in the face will wake her up to the public's outrage at the cruelty of fur." (10 October, 2005, 9AM) SOURCE: PAGESIX.COM

Anna Wintour Pie in the face...Don't like the lady..but isn't this considered assault? :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anna Wintour Pie in the face...Don't like the lady..but isn't this considered assault? :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

YesI agree it is BobbyD.You know she is not know for having "Mother Teresa" qualities and she is a radical boss,but this will not have me support Peta's cause.I want to see them try something like this on Puff Daddy or a lot of other people I see here in New York who wear fur.

I believe we can call anyone names we want or say whatever but assaulting an individual,even with a Tofu Pie is criminal.I have only been to France a couple of times so I don't know their laws regarding this stuff.But I know there is more fur now in fashion than ever and that incident will not deter these designers.

Agreed...I also would love to see them attack P-Diddy or even Outcast(rap group). Big Boi from Outcast wears fur, and he already said if he get blood thrown on him he will whip someone's ass. :D (IMDB.COM)Vogue's Wintour in Pie AssaultVogue editor in chief Anna Wintour was attacked with a tofu pie at the Weekend when anti-fur demonstrators turned on her at Paris fashion week. Wintour, who controversially supports the use of fur in fashion, was attending the Chloe fashion show in the French capital on Saturday when the vegetarian food struck her. Dan Matthews, vice president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), said the attack was instigated by the magazine's decision to run advertisements for fur-based clothing - despite their offer of matching the fee in return for PETA anti-fur advertisements. The incident marks the second time Wintour has been subject to a tofu beating in one year.

(MSNBC.COM)Pink wants circuses to pack their trunksPink is looking to sink the circus.The rocker is throwing her weight behind an elephant-protection ordinance in Chicago that would effectively eliminate the use of the pachyderms under big tops by banning the use of bullhooks and electric prods.Pink has sent a letter to mayor Richard M. Daley to support the ordinance, which Ringling Bros., among others, oppose. The ordinance was introduced after the sudden death of three elephants at Chicago’s Lincoln Park Zoo, and will be discussed at an upcoming committee hearing. “Pink learned about the abuse of captive elephants when a trainer brought one onto the set of her ‘Just Like a Pill’ video,” PETA spokesman Dan Mathews tells The Scoop. “She could see that something was wrong and she called us to learn more about the issue. Now, Pink would like to see circuses pack their trunks.”

I really don't get the craze for wearing fur. Fur wearers seem to be under the misguided notion that it makes them look rich and fabulous. How could anyone think they look good when they're dressed like a cave man?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Why anyone would pay good money to look like a Neanderthal is beyond me. :rolleyes:

UGH! PETA's just the worst. How do they think they will have more people's support with their tactics? Hurling a pie at Anna isn't cruel? I think they turn everyone off everytime they make headlines. Pink is just desperate for any kind of attention now that her career has sunk, IMO. That Heather McCartney needs to stop before someone beats her over the head w/ her own leg (ok, THAT was cruel), but still. I don't wear fur, but it's an individual's choice.

(Pagesix.com)FEARLESS IN FUR ELLE Macpherson is telling pals PETA lied when the animal-rights freaks said she wanted to get out of her Blackglama mink contract. The supermodel proudly supported the fur line last night at Double Seven on West 14th Street and said she never told her lawyers to pull her ads from magazines. Meanwhile, Elle, who split from Arky Busson last summer, has a hot new younger man. The 41-year-old stunner has been scoring with Arsenal soccer star Sol Campbell, 31, reports London's Sunday Mirror.

Yuck. Elle sucks. So does Anna Wintour. Fur is barbaric. PETA is maybe a bit overzealous but I was glad to see AW pied. Sorry, had to admit it.ETA: pie in the face is an assault in tort law. In criminal law, unless she is injured, it is not an assault. So she could sue for damages and probably get some nomimal amount.

Edited by shoefiend

PETA growling over Prince Charles’ visitThe fur will fly over Prince Charles and wife Camilla's U.S. visit. By Jeannette WallsMSNBCPrince Charles may have a bear of a visit to the U.S.The future King of England is coming to the States for the first time since his wedding in April, and an animal-rights group plans to hound him every moment he’s here. A protester from PETA dressed in a bear costume and waving a sign that reads “Save My Skin” is gearing up to greet the prince at each stop he makes — starting today. The protest is an effort to convince Buckingham Palace to use fake fur instead of bearskins to make the Place Guards’ hats. “Prince Charles is known to be a staunch defender of the environment, so it would make sense for him to oppose the slaughter of black bears for something as frivolous as a ceremonial hat,” says PETA president Ingrid Newkirk. “The Prince’s wife, Camilla, has recently undergone a fashion makeover, and it’s time for the Palace Guards to get one, too.”

(MSNBC.COM)Anna Nicole Smith's dogs boycott IamsLatest PETA campaign targets pet food maker's testing practicesNEW YORK - Anna Nicole Smith’s dogs are boycotting pet food maker Iams.Smith’s protesting pooches are refusing dog food from Iams in a new advertisement for PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.“Marilyn, Sugar Pie and Puppy are boycotting Iams until it stops testing on animals in labs,” the poster reads beneath a picture of Smith, a former Playboy model, and her three dogs.PETA claims an undercover investigation in 2002 and 2003 revealed “deplorable” conditions in Iams’ contract laboratory. The group said at least 27 dogs were killed, and listed abuses including cramped conditions and having dogs’ vocal cords removed to prevent barking.Iams, which sells pet food and pet care products, disputes those allegations.“We have constantly and publicly communicated with the public with what we do in our feeding studies,” Kurt Iverson, a spokesman for Iams, told The Associated Press on Friday. “We also work with a number of well-respected officials from animal welfare groups, like the ASPCA and the Humane Society of the United States.”The ad will be posted next week on PETA’s Web site, and it will appear on billboards this winter.

It's too bad. I think PETA does make some good points - and I myself would never choose to wear fur. BUT, they are so extreme in the way they behave. And some of the causes they choose... like harrassing Prince Charles because the guards wear hats made of bear fur which has been a tradition for hundreds of years, rather than going after idiots who buy and throw out a fur coat every two years. They definitely don't have my support.

PETA is too radical. I dont wear fur but I wear leather. Even if I could wear fur I have nowhere to wear it because Im a casual gal.....Animals are part of the food chain and I do eat meat products but I dont like hearing about how the animals are abused at all. Im very picky w/ meat. I would never eat veal. I hate the way the baby cows are treated. All in all people are gonna do what the want and you can either accept it or be radical like PETA and piss people off. Whadda ya gonna doo....? Sorry I drank a few beers just now....I dont know what the hell Im saying here. I do own a dog and 4 parakeets. I dont eat chicken because I am a bird owner. I love that the bitch Anna Wintour got pied though. Peta can pie her all they want. I would have thrown clam chowder or something stinkier on her though....maybe some cod liver oil....or maybe some dogshit.

(MSNBC.COM). . A Partridge is coming to the defense of turkeys. With Thanksgiving around the corner, Shirley Jones, perhaps best known as the mom of TV’s “Partridge Family,” is speaking out on behalf of the fowls. “I have a special fondness for birds — and not just partridges, by the way — and all birds feel pain and fear,” notes Jones in a new video for PETA. “Turkeys — gentle animals who are every bit as interesting and worthy of our concern as dogs and cats — are treated especially badly.” Jones recommends trying a Tofurky or Unturkey vegetarian roast instead of a real bird. . .

GM GOES VEGAN PETA would be proud. Jay Leno auctioned off a "veganized" Cadillac with a nonleather interior for $80,000 at Heather Mills McCartney's Adopt-a-Minefield benefit at the Beverly Hilton the other night, marking a drastic turn for the auto giant. In the mid-'90s, GM was the last carmaker to make the switch from live pigs to computerized dummies for its crash tests. The company reportedly nixed the porcine pile-ups after pressure from both PETA and Paul McCartney, who opened the gala with a rousing rendition of the Beatles classic, "Baby You Can Drive my Car." Others in the house included Quincy Jones, Dennis Erdman, Pamela Anderson, Dan Mathews, Tony Bennett, Alec Baldwin, Ray Romano, Andy Garcia and Josh Groban.

(NYDailynews.com)'J. CRUEL' NO MORE: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals activist Heather Mills McCartney - who for the past 11 weeks has been leading a boycott against J. Crew because of its fur-fringed fashions - told me she cried yesterday on learning that the $800-million-a-year clothing chain is banning fur from its product line ASAP. "It's very, very exciting," said Paul McCartney's wife, who plans to celebrate today at a J. Crew outlet in Santa Monica. A spokesman for J. Crew insisted that the boycott had no impact on the decision to ban fur, saying that execs made the call a month ago "for business reasons." McCartney responded: "The bottom line is that it doesn't matter how it came about - the who, what and when - the important thing is that they made the right decision."

(IMDB.COM)Animal Activists Ask MPAA To Halt Use of Apes in Films People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is praising Peter Jackson for his decision to use only computer-generated animals in the making of King Kong. The organization, which opposes the American Humane Association's position that properly supervised use of animals is acceptable in film production, pointed out in a statement that brutal methods are often used in training apes and chimpanzees and that they often suffer horrendous neglect after their film "careers" are over. The current issue of The Village Voice quotes animal activist Holly Hazard as saying, "We're talking about an animal suffering incredibly for a laugh." The Voice said that more than a dozen animal-rights groups have sent a letter to MPAA president Dan Glickman demanding that he support their cause and declare a moratorium on the use of apes in movies.

Page SixDECK THE STALLS GIVING new meaning to the term "yellow journalism," the pranksters at PETA are vowing to slap stickers with Anna Wintour's face on them in the urinals of the Vogue editrix's favorite hotspots. The stickers — with an unflattering picture of Wintour accompanied by the caption, "#1 Fur Hag" — will supposedly surface in the men's rooms of La Esquina (site of tonight's Vogue holiday party), Da Silvano and The Four Seasons, where Wintour was once served a dead raccoon by an animal rights activist. "PETA has attempted to educate Wintour for years about atrocities in the fur industry, but fur peddlers' presents have left her with deaf ears and a cold heart," a PETA spokesman told PAGE SIX.