Sign in to follow this  
Endora

Snoop Dogg

Okay ~ I just don't get this guy. Right now, he's at the top of my 'don't get' list. Yes, I understand how he's worked it to get where he is, much like how Madonna played the system. But with all the hassles that come along with the guy, I still just don't get it. And what happened to all that bull shit about giving up the drugs because of his son? Yeah ~ that lasted real long. :rolleyes:

Sorry ~ I just needed to vent. The popularity of his songs - okay - but the popularity of being used for pr by so many other faux celebs, Martha Stewart included, baffles me.

I'm guessing Europe is very happy he isn't a fan.

Snoop comes to Llanview - kinda makes me sad that I stopped watching soaps all those years ago. :D

But now see, what he really needs is to go there and get Dorian Lord stoned out of her mind. (I don't even know if her character's on the show anymore but if she is, that's the chick I want Snoop to smoke out.)

That would be hilarious!!! Dorian is one of my all-time favorite OLTL characters. Even with the cast getting younger and younger (groan), she remains ten times more interesting and feisty than the lot of them.

Okay ~ I just don't get this guy. Right now, he's at the top of my 'don't get' list. Yes, I understand how he's worked it to get where he is, much like how Madonna played the system. But with all the hassles that come along with the guy, I still just don't get it. And what happened to all that bull shit about giving up the drugs because of his son? Yeah ~ that lasted real long. :rolleyes:

Sorry ~ I just needed to vent. The popularity of his songs - okay - but the popularity of being used for pr by so many other faux celebs, Martha Stewart included, baffles me.

I'm guessing Europe is very happy he isn't a fan.

Aw C'mon Kappy...cut a crossover rapper a break...Madonna could (or should) never cover a Randy Newman song the way Snoop did for the Monk show.

Besides, Snoop is nice. Genuinely a nice guy.

Madonna on the other hand...

That would be hilarious!!! Dorian is one of my all-time favorite OLTL characters. Even with the cast getting younger and younger (groan), she remains ten times more interesting and feisty than the lot of them.

Is she still played by Robin Strasser? She was fabulous as Dorian. I heard she left the show, then I think I heard that she came back. It's been so long I really don't know but she was always my fave. Vickie Lord, not so much. I liked her hooker/skank alter-ego thing when she had a multiple personality disorder but that was years ago (unless they brought Evil Nikki back to life! It was Nikki, right?).

I can't even imagine how many times these characters have been married by now, nor to whom! :blink:

Anyway, bring on the Snoop, god knows they need him. As I recall, Llanview was basically a restricted community. :rolleyes:

Is she still played by Robin Strasser? She was fabulous as Dorian. I heard she left the show, then I think I heard that she came back. It's been so long I really don't know but she was always my fave. Vickie Lord, not so much. I liked her hooker/skank alter-ego thing when she had a multiple personality disorder but that was years ago (unless they brought Evil Nikki back to life! It was Nikki, right?).

I can't even imagine how many times these characters have been married by now, nor to whom! :blink:

Anyway, bring on the Snoop, god knows they need him. As I recall, Llanview was basically a restricted community. :rolleyes:

Llanview should NOT be a restricted community considering that when it began in 1968 (by soap pioneer Agnes Nixon), it was considered a real trailblazer in diversity because it boasted a Jewish family, an Irish family and a light-skinned black woman who was trying to masquerade as a white woman (and was having an affair with an older doctor). Eventually that woman got involved with Lt Ed Hall (played by Al Freeman, Jr.) and they adopted little Lawrence Fishburne (I think he was playing Josh).

Back to Dorian. Yes, she is still being played by the wonderful Robin Strasser. She did leave for awhile but came back recently.

Yes, Nikki Smith was/is Viki's alter ego.

Llanview should NOT be a restricted community considering that when it began in 1968 (by soap pioneer Agnes Nixon), it was considered a real trailblazer in diversity because it boasted a Jewish family, an Irish family and a light-skinned black woman who was trying to masquerade as a white woman (and was having an affair with an older doctor). Eventually that woman got involved with Lt Ed Hall (played by Al Freeman, Jr.) and they adopted little Lawrence Fishburne (I think he was playing Josh).

Back to Dorian. Yes, she is still being played by the wonderful Robin Strasser. She did leave for awhile but came back recently.

Yes, Nikki Smith was/is Viki's alter ego.

Oh my god..... It's been a good 10-15 years since the last time I watched the show but I REMEMBER LT. ED HALL! I don't remember the affair or the adoption, I think that was before my time. I'm glad something was before my time, these days that is so often not the case. :blink:

Thanks for the Nikki confirmation, I wasn't sure I remembered it correctly. It's good to know that Dorian Lord is being played by the fabulous Robin Strasser. She was so great in that role, I remember being sad when I heard she'd packed it in. Go party with Snoop, Dorian!

Please PM me with any shocking developments :o that have occurred over the past few years! Did Nikki come back to life? Is Bo still married to that icky woman? (He can't be - his character must have been married a half dozen more times by now. To twenty year old twits.) And what about Adam and his twin, Stuart the retarded guy?

ETA: Sorry, my bad. I think Adam and retarded Stuart are from All My Children. I used to watch all three ABC soaps and it's been so friggin' long I can't keep the characters straight anymore.

Edited by hedda_louella

Aw C'mon Kappy...cut a crossover rapper a break...Madonna could (or should) never cover a Randy Newman song the way Snoop did for the Monk show.

Besides, Snoop is nice. Genuinely a nice guy.

Oh, okay ~ but only for a short while and then I'm back to the hating. ;)

And good old Llanview ~ That is the only soap I ever watched but so long ago . . . geez, maybe in the '80's?? There was Bo, Asa, Dorian . . . . and wasn't there usually someone visiting from the Broadway stage for a short stint or two? And then Dorian had the niece who was hooked up with the long-haired bad boy who always looked like he had a drug problem in real life. Yep, then I got a full time job and that was that. Probably by the time I retire, Dorian will still be there and I can get right back into it all again. :D

(Pagesix.com)

He's Soap Dogg

SNOOP Dogg is about to become a soap star. The rapper taped a guest appearance Friday on ABC's "One Life To Live," which will air in May. "He sings a few songs at the fictitious club Ultraviolet and has a scene where he teaches Ilene Kristen, who plays the town's foulmouthed blonde, how to speak Izzle," said our spy. (Snoop finishes many words with the "izzle" suffix, for instance "fo shizzle" means "for sure.") "He told the staff it's been his fa vorite show since he was a little boy." Snoop also re corded a remix of the show's theme song, which will air on the May 8 and 9 episodes.

311 and Snoop Dogg pledge Unity on tour

NEW YORK (Billboard) - 311 and Snoop Dogg are teaming for the summer co-headlining Unity tour, which begins June 24 in Phoenix and runs through August 3 in Austin, Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT

311's long-running Unity trek has previously boasted support from the Roots, Matisyahu, the Wailers and O.A.R. The group, which is working on its next studio album, is also winding down a spring run this week.

Snoop Dogg's latest album, "Ego Trippin'," recently debuted at No. 3 on The Billboard 200.

Reuters/Billboard

Rapper Snoop Dogg, label settle lawsuit

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Snoop Dogg has settled a lawsuit with his former record label, attorneys say, though they won't disclose how many bones it took.

The 36-year-old rapper, born Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr., and Priority Records have settled a lawsuit involving fees and advances for a 1998 recording agreement, attorneys for both sides said Wednesday.

"The litigation has been amicably resolved," said Snoop Dogg's attorney, Joseph Scleimer.

Priority lawyer David Steinberg said, "I don't believe a settlement would have been reached unless both sides were happy."

Neither attorney would discuss the terms of the confidential agreement.

The rapper sued the company in November 2006, alleging it owes him $2 million in fees under the recording agreement and did not consult with him before releasing his greatest hits CD. He also claimed breach of contract, contending the company did not pay him a $950,000 advance promised after he recorded "Tha Last Meal."

Judge Helen Bendix, who approved the deal last week, had been pushing for a settlement since the lawsuit was filed.

Snoop Dogg Calls On Princes To Overturn U.K. Ban

Rapper Snoop Dogg has called upon British royals Princes William and Harry to voice their support for him in his visa battle with U.K. authorities. The star - real name Calvin Broadus Jr. - was prohibited from entering the country after he was involved in a brawl at Heathrow Airport in April 2006.

That ruling was overturned earlier this year when Snoop wrote to the U.K. government to ask for his visa ban to be lifted.

But earlier this month, Britain's Border Agency bosses confirmed they will be challenging the decision in court.

Broadus, who counts the young princes as fans, insists he hasn't done anything wrong and is determined to get back into the U.K. - even if it means consulting his royal acquaintances.

He says, "I'm not an aggressive individual at all and I've been wrongfully accused. I've not done anything to the people of Britain. I've never got into trouble, never violated him, never disrespected them, and I've always shown them love and turned up. What did I do? Who did I offend? You should talk to the Princes - William and Harry - I bet they want me over there!"

Snoop Dogg's British Ban Lifted?

By WENN

Rapper Snoop Dogg has moved a step closer to re-gaining entry to the U.K. after a second senior immigration judge backed his visa battle with authorities. The star - real name Calvin Broadus Jr. - was prohibited from entering the country after he was involved in a brawl at Heathrow Airport in April 2006.

The ruling was overturned earlier this year by immigration judge Nehar Bird who found there was no evidence the star had been responsible for any public disorder. Britain's Border Agency challenged the decision, but was overruled on Wednesday when a senior immigration judge George Warr said he did not find that Judge Bird had overlooked evidence or made a material error of law.

Broadus' lawyer, Phillip Trott says he is pleased with the decision, but has deemed the court process a waste of time. He says, "It has been an appalling waste of public money to pursue this man. It is outrageous that the government is trying to exclude someone who is an innocent figure and has frequently spoken against gang culture and youths carrying guns."

The Home Office has until April 30th to decide whether to appeal. A spokeswoman said it would be inappropriate to comment before then.

Snoop Dogg impressed by teenager's beats

Snoop Dogg is giving a high school student his big break as a music producer after the youngster approached the rap superstar on the streets of New York and wowed him with his beats.

The "Beautiful" hitmaker was leaving Manhattan hotspot The Eldridge last week when two teens asked him to listen to tracks they had produced on their MP3 player.

Snoop Dogg happily obliged and began freestyling to the beats - and the hip-hop star was so impressed with one of the tunes, he's interested in recording it.

A source tells the New York Post's Page Six column, "Snoop puts on the earphones and then started freestyling about the Lower East Side (area of New York). He put on a great show.

"He ended up liking one of the beats so much that he asked his manager to get one of the kids' email addresses."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0iy3BAlYo