Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Gabrielle Union

Gabrielle Union's Bad Mood?

Posted Image

E! Online

Sun Oct 23, 8:37 PM ET

So much for a happy birthday.

Gabrielle Union, who turns 32 on Oct. 29, has seen a scuttled party became a flashpoint between her high-powered PR firm and the owner of a hot Hollywood nightclub.

An email written by publicist Holly Shakoor of BWR Public Relations was quickly disseminated around Industry in-boxes Friday. In the missive, Shakoor, who represents the Bring It On actress, urges a boycott of Club Mood because of owner David Judaken's alleged racist comments targeted at Union--an episode akin to the infamous Hermes dissing of Oprah Winfrey earlier this year.

"I think you should all be aware of an incident that occurred with my client Gabrielle Union and the owner of Mood," the message begins.

"Mood was going to host her birthday party which is a week away. Once the owner found out she was African American he not only cancelled her party but he proceed to say that he 'didnt' [sic] realize Gabrielle Union was black. I thought she was the white volleyball player. I don't want her kind of people in my club.'

"I want to make you all aware of this so you can discourage your celeb clients from going and also doing any events with him."

Judaken, reached via phone Friday, vigorously denied the account in the email, calling Shakoor's characterization of their discussion "completely false."

"All the statements written in her email are untrue," he said. "To say that this event was canceled over race or creed is hurtful and slanderous."

The South African-born owner of the flashy club says he is considering legal action against the Beverly Hills-based PR firm, saying his reputation may have already been damaged by the publicist's claims and the proposed boycott. "This has an immediate negative impact on my business," he said.

BWR, for its part, released a statement late Friday seemingly backing off the call for publicists to discourage celebrity clients from booking events at the hotspot. "The information you have received via email was inadvertently forwarded from an interoffice email," the statement says.

"The interoffice email was relaying third hand information that we received regarding a client. This email was sent within the office and not intended to be forwarded outside of the company. It by no means reflects our official position on this matter. We expect this matter to be amicably resolved between the parties concerned."

Meanwhile, Judaken's rep, Greg Rogers, suggested a mea culpa was in order, saying the club owner "and his legal counsel are dealing with Ms. Shakoor and her public statements made on behalf of BWR Public Relations. They expect both a timely public apology, as well as a complete retraction of these statements."

According to Judaken, the dust-up between Union's rep and the club stems from his decision to book another event at his club the night Union and BWR had set aside for the actress' birthday blow-out.

Judaken says he simply got a more lucrative offer from another party looking to do an event at the club on the same date. He claims the Union party was "never finalized in writing or otherwise."

He also says he recognized Union (and didn't confuse her with volleyball star/model Gabrielle Reece) and his decision had nothing to do with her race.

Caught in the middle, Union has not commented on the brouhaha over her birthday bash.

The Nebraska native, who was the first African-American love interest on NBC's Friends, currently stars in ABC's supernatural drama Night Stalker. She's also set to appear with Gwyneth Paltrow in the film Running with Scissors, which is due in theaters next year.

Edited by BobbyD

Posted Image

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) All Gabrielle Union wanted to do was party. Is that asking too much?

In an email circulated to publicists on Friday, Oct. 21, Union's rep warns off colleagues from doing business with hip Hollywood nightclub Mood. The star of ABC's "Night Stalker" was set to celebrate her 33rd birthday, hosted by Mood on Saturday, Oct. 29, but was allegedly turned away just a week before once the owner realized she was African American.

"I think you should all be aware of an incident that occurred with my client Gabrielle Union and the owner of Mood," reads the email from Holly Shakoor of BWR Public Relations. "Mood was going to host her birthday party which is a week away."

The message then goes on to say that David Judaken, owner of the hot spot, allegedly "didn't realize Gabrielle Union was black," but once he found out, he canceled the party.

"I thought she was the white volleyball player," Judaken allegedly told Shakoor, most likely referring to athlete/model Gabrielle Reece. "I don't want her kind of people in my club."

Judaken has denied the allegations, claiming that he instead booked another party that night and never finalized plans with Union. He is considering legal action for the bad publicity and would like a public apology.

The same day the email leaked to the press, BWR released the following statement: "The information you have received via email was inadvertently forwarded from an interoffice email. The interoffice email was relaying third hand information that we received regarding a client. This email was sent within the office and not intended to be forwarded outside of the company. It by no means reflects our official position on this matter. We expect this matter to be amicably resolved between the parties concerned."

Mood, a Balinese-inspired nightclub, features bamboo, batik and carved-wood accents. Some have described it as a temple representing "the conflict of religion and debauchery."

Besides starring as crime reporter Perri Reed in the supernatural drama "Night Stalker," Union has made guest appearances on "Friends," "ER," "7th Heaven" and "Family Guy."

She also has a successful film career with a resume that includes "Bring It On," "The Brothers," "Abandon," "Deliver Us from Eva," "Cradle II the Grave" and "Bad Boys II."

(IMDB.COM)Union in Nightclub Racism Row Gabrielle Union's publicist is calling for celebrities to boycott Los Angeles nightclub Mood, after the venue's owner allegedly cancelled the actress' birthday party when he discovered she was African-American. The Bad Boys II beauty was set to celebrate her 33rd birthday with a starstudded bash at the top club this weekend, until Mood owner David Judaken allegedly realised he had mistaken Union for white beach volleyball player Gabrielle Reece. On Friday , Union's publicist Holly Shankoor of BWR Public Relations sent an email around the publicity industry, urging a boycott of Mood. Shakoor's email wrote, "You should all be aware of an incident that occurred with my client Gabrielle Union and the owner of Mood. "Mood was going to host her birthday party. Once the owner found out she was African-American, he not only cancelled her party, but he proceeded to say that he 'didn't realise Gabrielle Union was black'. "You can discourage your celeb clients from going (to Mood) and also doing any events (there)." Shakoor quoted Judaken as saying, "I don't want (Union's) kind of people in my club." In a statement to E! Online website, Judaken says, "All the statements written in her email are untrue. To say that this event was cancelled over race or creed is hurtful and slanderous." Jadaken is now considering legal action against Shakoor, declaring her email "has an immediate negative impact on my business". Shakoor's bosses at BWR says their employee's email "by no means reflects our official position on this matter".

Mood Swing: PR Firm Sorry for Racist AllegationsLOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) A nightclub owner who was accused of making racist remarks about Gabrielle Union should be in a better mood after receiving an apology.BWR Public Relations sent out a press release apologizing for statements sent in an interoffice email that claimed Mood owner David Judaken had refused to allow BWR client Gabrielle Union to have her birthday party at the club because of her race."After investigating the claims, BWR concluded that there was no satisfactory evidence that racial comments were ever made by Mr. Judaken," reads the statement. "BWR's longstanding relationship with Mr. Judaken's clubs, and the fact that the African-American community regularly frequents his clubs, were wholly inconsistent with the allegations." "I appreciate BWR's prompt investigation of these claims and their integrity in taking appropriate action to remedy this situation by issuing this press release," responds Judaken.On Friday, Oct. 21, an email by BWR employee Holly Shakoor was sent through internal email cautioning other publicists not to do business with Mood, claiming that Judaken had cancelled Union's birthday party once he realized she was black. The message allegedly quotes Judaken as saying, "I thought she was the white volleyball player. I don't want her kind of people in my club."Somehow, the email leaked to the press "thereby leading to media reports widely disseminating the unsubstantiated statements." Judaken, who also owns hot spot Garden of Eden, vehemently denied the allegations, threatening legal action for the bad publicity."BWR apologizes to Mr. Judaken for any harm to his reputation that may have been caused by the false allegations," the PR firm continues. "If BWR could withdraw this claim from the court of public opinion, it would."Union, who turns 33 on Saturday, Oct. 29, stars as crime reporter Perri Reed in ABC's supernatural drama "Night Stalker." Her other credits include appearances on "Friends," "ER," "7th Heaven" and "Family Guy." Her big screen credits include "Bring It On," "The Brothers," "Abandon," "Deliver Us from Eva," "Cradle II the Grave" and "Bad Boys II."

EOnline.comSPLITSVILLE: Gabrielle Union and Chris Howard announcing they have separated after four years of marriage.

(MSNBC.COM)Gabrielle Union, husband to divorceActress wed former NFL running back in 2001NEW YORK - Gabrielle Union and her husband have separated after four years of marriage.Union and Chris Howard announced the split in a statement released Monday by Lisa Kussell, the actress’ publicist.“The couple remains close and asks that you respect their privacy at this difficult time,” the statement said.Union, 32, married Howard, a former NFL running back for the Jacksonville Jaguars, in 2001.Her screen credits include roles in “The Honeymooners,” “Bad Boys II” and “Deliver Us From Eva.” Her upcoming film, “Running With Scissors,” also stars Annette Bening, Gwyneth Paltrow and Joseph Fiennes.Union stars in ABC’s “Night Stalker,” an “X-Files”-like series about investigating crimes connected to the supernatural.

Gabrielle Union's Rape NightmareApril 6, 2006GABRIELLE UNION was on Capitol Hill this week to help brief Congress on the challenges of providing services to sexual assault victims. The victim of a sexual assault herself at age 19, the star's testimony was part of the 7th Annual National Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Legislative Action Days, sponsored by the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence, the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Lifetime Television.Now, the 'Bring It On' and 'Bad Boys II' star reveals to ET how OPRAH helped save her life that terrifying day!"Thank God for Oprah, because literally, her words helped me live," Gabrielle tells ET. "Oprah had a show about what to do in case you're a victim of a violent crime, and immediately I went on auto pilot; it was like Oprah in was in my ear telling me what to do to stay alive."Gabrielle says she was working at a shoe store on summer break from college when a former employee entered the establishment during clean-up and held up Gabrielle and her co-worker with a gun."We gave him the money, and he said, 'I want to take you guys to the store room,'" explains Gabrielle, "and Oprah always said, 'Don't let them take you to a second location,' and I'm like, 'Great, this is the second location. I'm gonna die. He's gonna kill us.'"Gabrielle says during the next moments she felt like she was "having an out-of-body experience.""He took me out of the room and proceeded to rape me at gunpoint," she reveals. "At some point he put the gun down and calmly asked me to hand him the gun, and at that point I was like, 'It's me or you, and it ain't gonna be me today. I'm about to kill you.' And I grabbed the gun, I spun around and did the best I could trying to kill him ... I missed, and we ended up having a fight for the gun, and I was beaten, literally, beyond recognition."Gabrielle says her attacker finally yanked the gun away from her and ultimately ended up leaving. He then robbed another store and raped another girl before he finally turned himself in. He made a plea bargain that put him in prison for 33 years."I will be testifying to make sure he stays where he needs to be -- in prison," she says.So why is Gabrielle speaking out about her nightmare experience now?"I can talk about who's a better kisser -- WILL SMITH or LL COOL J -- until I'm blue in the face, but I would much rather use my voice and my position to help people," she says. "When TERI HATCHER came out [about her own molestation experience], you have no idea how many people are like, 'If she's strong enough to do it and still be a successful person, if she can live through this, so can I; same with FRAN DRESCHER.' When I speak, hopefully I'm doing the same thing. I will continue to speak until my voice is no longer needed."Watch ET for more with our Gabrielle Union interview!

BROKEN-HEARTEDGABRIELLE Union isn't ready to start dating, having just given up on saving her five-year marriage to football star-turned-businessman Chris Howard. "I'm still in mourning," she told Sister 2 Sister magazine. "It's like your father dying and somebody being, like, 'Well, I want to be your surrogate parent.' I'm not ready for that. I'm so wounded . . . and I feel like such a failure." Her big mistake? She gave Howard a lot of "space" during their separation. "I gave him so much space . . . I'm choking myself with it." But she won't be lonely for long. Rapper The Game has publicly declared his love for the actress.

A FRESH UNIONGABRIELLE Union is on the rebound. The actress had been heartbroken since her marriage to Jacksonville Jaguar running back Chris Howard ended earlier this year - but she seemed mended at the Kentucky Derby. At the Grand Gala afterward, Union was spotted dancing to the O'Jays' live performance of "My Darling, Darling Baby" with Minnesota Viking defensive back Darren Sharper. The dancing led to kissing, and you know where that leads.

Perry gets his "Girl": it's UnionGabrielle Union will star in "Madea" maven Tyler Perry's latest film, "Daddy's Little Girl," a reverse-Cinderella tale.Union will play a successful attorney who falls in love with a janitor who is a single father of three children. This relationship causes a rift between the woman and her father, as he hoped she would marry wealthy.The Lionsgate project will shoot this summer in Perry's Atlanta hometown. Union most recently starred in ABC's short-lived series "Night Stalker" and next appears in "Running With Scissors." Other feature credits include "The Honeymooners," "Bad Boys II" and "Deliver Us From Eva."Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Gabrielle Union's Bad Mood?

Posted Image

E! Online

Sun Oct 23, 8:37 PM ET

So much for a happy birthday.

Gabrielle Union, who turns 32 on Oct. 29, has seen a scuttled party became a flashpoint between her high-powered PR firm and the owner of a hot Hollywood nightclub.

An email written by publicist Holly Shakoor of BWR Public Relations was quickly disseminated around Industry in-boxes Friday. In the missive, Shakoor, who represents the Bring It On actress, urges a boycott of Club Mood because of owner David Judaken's alleged racist comments targeted at Union--an episode akin to the infamous Hermes dissing of Oprah Winfrey earlier this year.

"I think you should all be aware of an incident that occurred with my client Gabrielle Union and the owner of Mood," the message begins. 

"Mood was going to host her birthday party which is a week away. Once the owner found out she was African American he not only cancelled her party but he proceed to say that he 'didnt' [sic] realize Gabrielle Union was black. I thought she was the white volleyball player. I don't want her kind of people in my club.'

"I want to make you all aware of this so you can discourage your celeb clients from going and also doing any events with him."

Judaken, reached via phone Friday, vigorously denied the account in the email, calling Shakoor's characterization of their discussion "completely false."

"All the statements written in her email are untrue," he said. "To say that this event was canceled over race or creed is hurtful and slanderous."

The South African-born owner of the flashy club says he is considering legal action against the Beverly Hills-based PR firm, saying his reputation may have already been damaged by the publicist's claims and the proposed boycott. "This has an immediate negative impact on my business," he said.

BWR, for its part, released a statement late Friday seemingly backing off the call for publicists to discourage celebrity clients from booking events at the hotspot. "The information you have received via email was inadvertently forwarded from an interoffice email," the statement says.

"The interoffice email was relaying third hand information that we received regarding a client. This email was sent within the office and not intended to be forwarded outside of the company. It by no means reflects our official position on this matter. We expect this matter to be amicably resolved between the parties concerned."

Meanwhile, Judaken's rep, Greg Rogers, suggested a mea culpa was in order, saying the club owner "and his legal counsel are dealing with Ms. Shakoor and her public statements made on behalf of BWR Public Relations. They expect both a timely public apology, as well as a complete retraction of these statements."

According to Judaken, the dust-up between Union's rep and the club stems from his decision to book another event at his club the night Union and BWR had set aside for the actress' birthday blow-out.

Judaken says he simply got a more lucrative offer from another party looking to do an event at the club on the same date. He claims the Union party was "never finalized in writing or otherwise."

He also says he recognized Union (and didn't confuse her with volleyball star/model Gabrielle Reece) and his decision had nothing to do with her race.

Caught in the middle, Union has not commented on the brouhaha over her birthday bash.

The Nebraska native, who was the first African-American love interest on NBC's Friends, currently stars in ABC's supernatural drama Night Stalker. She's also set to appear with Gwyneth Paltrow in the film Running with Scissors, which is due in theaters next year.

This happen to me too. At first, they thought I was Asian, but then when I showed up at the door with my ex-boyfriend, they saw that I was black and my ex is mid-night black. I couldn't get into the club and made fun of me. One of the bouncers was like, "You are just trying to get in without an invitation. " But, I had one. When I explained I flew out from Arizona to Cali just for the party, he told me that, "I was lieing because of my New York accent."

I do live in Arizona, but I was born and raised in New York City. My ex-boyfriend was so piss and I was pissed out with my publist, I wanted to scream. But, my ex-boyfriend took me out to a bar to have fun.

***** I think, I am giving my id away. *******

Edited by nsmallaz

COPS GET TOUGH ON CLUB BLOCK August 26, 2006 -- CLUB-crawling vice cops arrested Barry Mullineaux, co-owner of Chelsea hot spot Stereo, after he tried to stop them from turning off the music while Christina Aguilera and actress Gabrielle Union partied in the VIP room. Mullineaux was hauled off in handcuffs early Wednesday morning after four plainclothes cops entered his West 27th Street swillery searching for violations and took issue with the fact that the bathroom attendant was selling cigarettes. "The cops were being very aggressive and rude to my bathroom attendants and managers, and one of them got into my face," Mullineaux tells Page Six. "He said, 'I can shut this place down right now.' I said, 'No, you can't. There's no one smoking here, and everyone is of age.' So then he stormed over to my deejay booth and made him turn the music down. "Myself and [co-owner] Mike Satsky ran over to the deejay booth and put the music back on. Then the cop pointed to a cigarette on the ground and was, like, 'What's this?' I told him that if we see someone smoking, we make them put it out," Mullineaux says. "He started yelling into my face in front of my employees. Then he escorted me outside and arrested me for disorderly conduct. It was totally bogus. I spent 16 hours in jail before I finally got to see a judge, who dropped the charges . . . I feel like it was definitely a form of harassment. They're really cracking down on everything." The next night, cops shut down Home, another club on West 27th Street, after an undercover officer caught an underage girl inside. "There was a line of about 300 people waiting for over two hours while they dealt with it and before the cops finally took the girl out," says our source. Meanwhile, the West 27th Street corridor's most exclusive club, the cozy celebrity hangout Bungalow 8, now rigorously enforces a no-smoking rule. The crackdown comes in the wake of the murder of 18-year-old Jennifer Moore, who was partying at the block's Guest House club last month before a thug picked her up as she wandered drunk on the West Side Highway, took her to New Jersey and killed her.

My friend waited on her at a local restaurant here in Atlanta. Apparently, she is a FABULOUS tipper and one of the most attractive person my friend (a girl) has ever seen. She was almost ready to switch teams for Ms. Union.

I saw Bring It On again recently, and YOWZO, she's gorgeous.

New York Minute

Celebs are making time to raise money for different cancer causes around New York. Host Gabrielle Union, Haylie ("Hairspray") Duff, Michelle Branch (with Jessica Harp and their new band, The Wreckers) and others will hit Crobar Wednesday for Self magazine's benefit for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation ...

Model's Not Game For Rap Diss

November 21, 2006 -- MABYE The Game can get away with insulting other women as slutty "bitches" - but not Melyssa Ford.

The beauty told Page Six she is "confused and saddened" by the song, "Never Get Far," in which the rapper lyricizes: "And all these new video bitches tryin' to be Melyssa Ford/But they don't know Melyssa Ford drive a Honda Accord."

"I am really confused and saddened that he decided to include my name on a record that disparages the characters of women who have worked hard in the industry to make successful careers for themselves," said Ford (who, in point of fact, does not drive a Honda Accord).

The song also says of Ford, a video model and TV personality: "She a video vixen, but behind closed doors/She do whatever it take to get to the Grammy Awards."

The Game - who was recently arrested in Midtown on charges of impersonating a police officer (he allegedly wanted his taxi driver to go through red lights) - also uses the number to accuse Gabriel Union ("Running With Scissors") and Meagan Good ("You Got Served") of sleeping with rappers in order to gain success.

In the track from his album "Doctor's Advocate," the misogynistic musician tells women in the music and movie industries, "You wouldn't get far if you kept your legs closed."

Ford is also hurt that Kanye West, a good friend of hers, performs with The Game on "Never Get Far." "I don't want to ride anyone's coattails towards fame," Ford told Page Six's Corynne Steindler. "That line . . . it's just horrible."

Ford started her career as a music video model, appearing in videos for Jay-Z and Alicia Keys. She's also slated to appear on one of the five covers celebrating King magazine's fifth anniversary and is currently "transitioning into the film world."

While she may be catching flack from The Game, Ford still enjoys the support of her wide fan base. "Nobody understands why I am on this record," she said. "I am the blueprint for this industry because I have respect for myself."

HAPPY TURNOUT

Gabrielle Union fits the part of happy reveler at Miami's Mansion nightclub on Wednesday. The actress tells PEOPLE she's looking forward to spending New Year's in the Dominican Republic: "Out of the country, hot and half naked."

Posted Image

A New Union?

IT looks like it's over between Derek Jeter and Jessica Biel. Last weekend, Biel flirted with Justin Timberlake while Jeter was at Atlantis in the Bahamas for the Michael Jordan Golf Tournament, where Biel seemed to be the last thing on his mind. Saturday night, Jeter was "flirting madly" with Gabrielle Union , our source said. When DJ Cassidy played "Put It in Your Mouth" by Akinyle, Jeter and Union dirty-danced before leaving together. A rep for Union said, "They are friends, but they did not hook up."

Vartan Takes on New 'Alias'

He'll play a CEO in ABC pilot

Michael Vartan is headed back to ABC for his first post-"Alias" series job.

Vartan headlines the latest batch of actors taking pilot-season roles, as he's joining an ABC drama about a group of friends with high-powered corporate jobs. Gabrielle Union ("Night Stalker"), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau ("Firewall") and Melissa Sagemiller ("Sleeper Cell") have also signed onto pilots, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The Vartan pilot comes from Jon Feldman ("Reunion," "Tru Calling") and follows the lives of four newly minted or about-to-be CEOs. The former "Alias" star will play the newly installed chief executive of a big company and the "moral center" of the series.

Since ending his run on "Alias" last season, Vartan has filmed two movies: the horror flick "Rogue" and the drama "Jolene," both of which are due for release later this year. His credits also include "Monster-in-Law" and "One Hour Photo."

Also at ABC, Union has signed on to "Football Wives," an adaptation of the British hit "Footballers Wives." The "Bring It On" and "Running with Scissors" star will next be seen in the Tyler Perry movie "Daddy's Little Girls."

Danish actor Coster-Waldau has taken the lead role in FOX's drama "New Amsterdam," about a New York city cop who's an immortal and has thus been working his beat for a couple hundred years. Lasse Hallstrom ("The Cider House Rules") is directing the pilot, which was created by Christian Taylor ("Six Feet Under") and Allan Loeb.

Sagemiller, meanwhile, has joined the cast of "Life," an NBC drama about a cop (Damian Lewis, "Band of Brothers") who rejoins the force after serving time for a crime he didn't commit. Her credits include "The Guardian" and "Sorority Boys."

Also at ABC, Union has signed on to "Football Wives," an adaptation of the British hit "Footballers Wives." The "Bring It On" and "Running with Scissors" star will next be seen in the Tyler Perry movie "Daddy's Little Girls."

Meh. No way will that be nearly as good as Footballer's Wives, cause they won't be allowed to make it as salacious and out and out trashy as the Brit version. Which I adore.

Meh. No way will that be nearly as good as Footballer's Wives, cause they won't be allowed to make it as salacious and out and out trashy as the Brit version. Which I adore.

Exactly...Now if it was on HBO...then we're in business. ;)

Yep, Footballers Wives is great trash! Other than the Office, I can't think of a single brit import where I've liked the American version better, or even just as much.....

Yep, Footballers Wives is great trash! Other than the Office, I can't think of a single brit import where I've liked the American version better, or even just as much.....

Well...there was also Three's Company, and we saw how "bad" that was! ;)

(Pagesix.com)

Check 'em Out

IF you've ever wanted to see celeb hotties Kelis, Gabrielle Union :P , Erika Christensen and Devon Aoki nude, now's your chance. The women all posed naked for art photographer Marc Baptiste's new book, "Nudes" (Universe Publishing), which is being unveiled tonight at Milk Gallery on West 15th Street. While the women haven't told Baptiste if they're coming, Mos Def, Wyclef Jean, Kelly Rowland, Forest Whitaker and Chloe Sevigny are expected.