princess

Paul & Stella McCartney clan

Holly MollyHeather Mills-McCartney has been telling the press how her husband should be addressed.She says those hoping to secure a chat with their idol should avoid referring to themselves as fans. "The word 'fan' means 'fanatical'. So when you go up to Paul, don't say you're a fan. Say, 'I'm a great admirer'", she explains.I expect we should now avoid referring to Ms Mills-McCartney as a coattail-riding yo-yo-knickered rafter-faced Machiavellian hellcat while we're at it.

Holly MollyHeather Mills-McCartney has been telling the press how her husband should be addressed.She says those hoping to secure a chat with their idol should avoid referring to themselves as fans. "The word 'fan' means 'fanatical'. So when you go up to Paul, don't say you're a fan. Say, 'I'm a great admirer'", she explains.I expect we should now avoid referring to Ms Mills-McCartney as a coattail-riding yo-yo-knickered rafter-faced Machiavellian hellcat while we're at it.

What the F*#k??? :D

(Handbag.com)McCartney Apologies For Ono's AttackSir Paul McCartney has apologised on behalf of Yoko Ono for her embarrassing on him at the Q Awards - insisting the Japanese artist is "not the brightest of buttons".Ono took a swipe at McCartney when she took to the stage at the London ceremony last week (10OCT05) to collect a special award on behalf of her late husband John Lennon.She told the gathering, "John... would say, 'They always cover Paul's songs, they never cover mine.' I said to him, 'You're a good songwriter, it's not June-with-spoon that you write."But McCartney, who has repeatedly clashed with Ono since Lennon's death in 1980, is refusing to retaliate.He says, "She's John's wife so I have to respect her for that, but I don't have to do any further. I don't think she's the brightest of buttons."I don't want to get in a bun fight but she's said some particularly daft things in her time."Yoko is something else. Her life is dedicated to putting me down, that's what she seems to do all the time."But she will notice that I attempt very strongly not to put her down, I have respect for her as my former comrades wife." © Copyright World Entertainment News Network.

(MSNBC.COM)If you can’t say anything nicePaul McCartney is responding to some unkind comments made by Yoko Ono. John Lennon’s widow — who some Beatles fans blame for breaking up the famed band — recently stunned observers when she compared her late husband’s songwriting to McCartney’s, saying she had told her late husband that other singers cover McCartney’s tunes more than Lennon’s because “You’re a good songwriter, it’s not June-with-spoon that you write.”McCartney, when asked about the comments, had some tough words for Ono. “She’s John’s wife so I have to respect her for that, but I don’t have to do any further,” he said. “I don’t think she’s the brightest of buttons. I don’t want to get in a bun fight but she’s said some particularly daft things in her time.” McCartney commented that he didn’t want to say anything negative about her, but didn’t seem to succeed: “Yoko is something else. Her life is dedicated to putting me down, that’s what she seems to do all the time,” he said. “But she will notice that I attempt very strongly not to put her down, I have respect for her as my former comrade’s wife.”

I've never been a fan of Yoko, always thought she was above everyone else, she thinks she's a great artist when I think her stuff sucks, unoriginal and a five year old could do better art most of the time. -_-

I think it's pathetic that Yoko is still definining herself as/ living off the fact that she is the widow of John Lennon. She should shut up - finally! - about her poor dead husband and his bandmates, and try to move on as her own person. These comments really reflect badly on her. I'm sure Sir Paul is no saint, either, and his words make him look petty and childish, but she comes off even worse.

(Pagesix.com)STELLA STICKS UP FOR SEALS GUCCI is being blasted by the Humane Society of the United States for using baby seal fur in a coat in its men's collection - and designer Stella McCartney, one of the fashion house's star talents, is siding with the seals. HSUS senior VP John W. Grandy sent a letter yesterday to John Ray, Gucci's creative director for men's fashions, protesting the "ebony seal skin fur coat" being sold on Gucci's Web site. "The seals are clubbed or shot to death for their fur, almost all of which is shipped to Europe, where it is sold in fashion markets," Grandy writes. "The seal carcasses are usually left to rot on the ice, because there are few markets for the meat. The Marine Mammal Protection Act prohibits the sale of all seal products in the United States, and very little sealskin is sold in Canada. Thus, European fashion designers such as Gucci . . . are largely responsible for the continuation of this barbaric and needless slaughter." A spokeswoman for Gucci declined to comment, but we're told McCartney is donating a portion of the proceeds from one of her new H&M T-shirts to the Humane Society's Protect Seals campaign.

(Handbag.com)Daltrey Hits Out At 'Scary' Mills MccartneyThe Who frontman Roger Daltrey has labelled Sir Paul McCartney's wife Heather Mills McCartney as "scary", after meeting her at Live 8 earlier this year (JUL05).Former model Mills McCartney was filming a documentary backstage at the rock extravaganza, and the My Generation rocker's blood ran cold when he bumped into the camera-wielding beauty.He shudders, "She was at Live 8 with a camera... scary."I looked down the barrel and saw her face - and I thought: 'This is the coldest human being I have met in my whole life." © Copyright World Entertainment News Network

(Yahoo.com)Paul McCartney Publishes Children's BookBesides being a grandfather, a knight, and a former Beatle, Paul McCartney is now a children's book author. The 63-year-old singer entertained a young group of cute but squirmy elementary school students Thursday by reading an excerpt from his new book "High in the Clouds" and answering questions. On Saturday, the rock star will provide the first-ever live wake-up call to the crew of the International Space Station. The reading got some unexpected responses from the young audience. In the first six pages of McCartney's book, about an industrious squirrel named Wirral (named after McCartney's hometown), Wirral's mother is crushed to death by a tree knocked down by nature-hating developers. From there, he sets off for the mythic animal-loving land of Animalia. "Why did the author make such sad stories for children?" asked one perplexed little boy. Caught off-guard, McCartney wrapped his arm around the boy and joked, "To make children cry." "But cheer up. It's going to be all right," he quickly added. McCartney co-wrote "High in the Clouds" with author Philip Ardagh, who was brought in after a first draft to "finesse" the book, McCartney told The Associated Press in a phone interview before the event. The story was his own idea, McCartney said, and was inspired by his collaboration nearly 10 years ago with animator Geoff Dunbar on the animated short "Tropic Island Hum." Dunbar also illustrated "High in the Clouds." "It's been my ambition for about 30 years to do a full-length animation film," McCartney said. The book became a substitute for a script. The rock icon said he's never read the book to his three grandchildren or his 2-year-old daughter Beatrice. Beyond the initial death sequence, the story "does get happier," he said. "I'd skip over that bit, with very little kids... My little one's too little. She likes the pictures though," McCartney said. McCartney also is "psyched" to become a human alarm clock for astronauts. On Saturday, McCartney will provide the first-ever live wake-up call, two songs, to the crew of the International Space Station from his concert in Anaheim, Calif. "I'm singing 'English Tea' from my new album 'Chaos and Creation in the Backyard.' I have a cup of tea in the morning, so it's something good to wake up to," McCartney said. On Aug. 9, NASA jolted awake the crew of space shuttle Discovery with the Beatles classic, "Good Day Sunshine." Since then, McCartney has projected footage of the crew during his current U.S. tour. Around 9:55 p.m. PST, he will serenade NASA astronauts Bill McArthur and Valery Tokarev with the same tune, broadcast live on NASA TV. "It'll be an out-of-space blast. Lots of puns intended," he said.

(Yahoo.com)McCartney and Wife Host Land Mine BenefitA child is killed by a land mine every 18 minutes, guests were told at the fifth annual Adopt-a-Minefield benefit gala hosted by Paul McCartney and his wife, Heather Mills McCartney. On Tuesday, the McCartneys hosted about 1,000 guests, who dined on a vegan dinner and were entertained by special musical performances by Paul McCartney and singing legend Tony Bennett. A silent auction took place as cocktails were served, followed by dinner and a live auction led by talk show host Jay Leno, who served as the master of ceremonies. Governments should "listen to the voice of the people" and sign a treaty banning the deadly devices, Paul McCartney told AP Television News on the arrivals line for Tuesday night's event at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. "People don't like land mines, especially the survivors and the people who are living in the countries with them," McCartney said. "They think they are cowardly, like we do, so I think it's down to the governments to actually just listen to the people and sign the treaty and get rid of all these things and there would be an end to it." Adopt-a-Minefield, a leader in addressing the pervasive global problem, holds the annual benefit to raise money for mine clearance and landmine-survivor assistance. Other guests included actors Pam Anderson, Alex Baldwin and Andy Garcia. Heather Mills McCartney said 135 countries have signed the Mine Ban Treaty, but the U.S., Russia and China have not. "We've cleared 21 million meters of square land at Adopt-A-Minefield," she said. "It only takes $30 to make a child walk again, so you can make a difference."

Lennon speaks - and blasts Macca By Matt Born, Daily Mail, Media Editor John Lennon's 'definitive' account of the break-up of the Beatles is to be heard for the first time in Britain. In it, he accuses Paul McCartney of being all 'form and no substance' and treating the rest of the group as little more than his backing band. He also says the other Beatles 'despised' Yoko Ono and forced him to choose between them or her. The interview, which exposes the raw bitterness Lennon felt towards the other Beatles - and McCartney in particular, was recorded in 1970 by the editor of Rolling Stone magazine Jann Wenner. It is being broadcast next month by Radio 4 as part of a season of programmes to mark the 25th anniversary of Lennon's murder. The remarkably candid interview is regarded as a key document of Beatles history, charting everything from their early days in Hamburg to the eventual, acrimonious split. Lennon himself described it as 'definitive'. In it, he talks bitterly about his tumultuous relationship with McCartney. 'One of the main reasons the Beatles ended is because ... I pretty well know, we got fed up with being sidemen for Paul,' he says. 'After Brian [Epstein] died we collapsed-Paul took over and supposedlyled us. But what is leading us when we went round in circles? 'Paul had the impression that we should be thankful for what he did, for keeping the Beatles going. 'But he kept it going for his own sake. Not for my sake did Paul struggle.' Discussing his bandmates' hostility towards Yoko, Lennon says: 'It seemed that I either had to be married to them or Yoko. I chose Yoko ... and I was right. They despised her. They insulted her and still do ... they can go stuff themselves.' Despite almost 35 years having passed since the Beatles split, the enduring bitterness of the feud was evident recently when Yoko Ono denounced McCartney as an inferior song-writer to Lennon. At an awards ceremony last month, she mocked his lyrics suggesting he did no more than rhyme 'spoon' with 'June'. Lennon was 40 when he was assassinated outside his New York apartment block on December 8, 1980. His killer Mark Chapman is still serving a life sentence for the crime after repeatedly being turned down for parole. The Archive Hour: The Wenner Tapes will be broadcast on Saturday December 3 at 7pm.

I can't help but think that Yoko is just TOXIC. I completely understand how John felt about Paul and obviously the group had reached a point where they would have broken up anyways but when it comes to the strength of John's negative feelings, I can't help but wonder how much Yoko fed that. I think John and Paul could have resolved things to an extent after the band break-up if she hadn't been there. It's definitely true that her entire life since John's death has been simply how to handle his money and nothing more. I remember when John died and Ringo and his wife went to pay their respects - Yoko wouldn't allow Ringo's wife in, only him. Weird beyotch, that one. Talk about leaving your blood running cold. As for Daltrey's reaction to the current 'Linda', I guess she's taking up photography as well, eh? :rolleyes:

Edited by kappy22

MACCA IN MARRIAGE CRISIS

By Dan Evans & Gemma Calvert

PAUL McCartney and wife Heather Mills were last night living in SEPARATE homes 55 miles apart as their marriage ran into trouble.

Heather—who wed pop legend Macca four years ago—left the star alone at their sprawling farm in Peasmarsh, Sussex, and moved to their seafront house along the coast at Hove with two-year-old daughter Beatrice.

Yesterday a friend of the couple told us: "The marriage is definitely in difficulties. They've had one hell of a barney.

"Paul and first wife Linda barely spent a night apart in nearly 30 years of marriage. But Paul and Heather have been apart ALL this week. They have a tempestuous relationship. This isn't their first row—but it's their most serious.

"No one is saying it's all over, but tempers have flared badly and this is a rocky time for them.

"It shows how bad things have got between them. Let's just say that Heather is a very volatile woman.

Strained

"They had a screaming row—it was the argument to end all arguments. They needed time apart for things to calm down. They just couldn't stand to be under the same roof together."

The friend added: "They could easily have stayed in the farm together. There's plenty of room for two people to stay there without running into each other all the time.

"But they needed a cleaner break. Heather has been seeing a lot of her sister Fiona, who lives in a flat just round the corner in Hove.

"Things are so strained that when it was time for little Beatrice and Olly the family dog to go and see Paul at the farm on Friday someone else drove them there. Heather couldn't bring herself to go.

"We're all hoping they can patch things up but it looks in a bad way. Who knows what will happen?"

It is not known exactly what sparked the big row. But in an American TV interview in 2002 fiery model Heather, 38, admitted: "I am very bossy, but men need to be bossed."

In a bust-up just five days before their wedding Paul even threw her £15,000 diamond and sapphire engagement ring out of a Florida hotel window. Fellow guests rang reception to complain about the noise.

Paul was heard shouting: "I don't want to marry you! The wedding's off! We'll cancel it!"

After the incident Heather tried to laugh it off. "We were playing a game—having a joke, doing catch with the ring," she said. "We have arguments but not that kind of fight."

And Paul was taken aback when four months after the June 2002 wedding Heather complained that it had been "the worst year of my life." She moaned that the pressure of being married to a pop icon had made her life a misery.

And she told a US chat show: "It's even worse than the year I lost my leg. I'm married to the most famous man in the world and that's very unfortunate for me.

"I'd love nothing more than a very anonymous life."

While there is no suggestion of a divorce, any permanent split would have huge financial consequences for 63-year-old Sir Paul, who is worth a staggering £825million. The couple have no pre-nuptial agreement to protect his fortune. Last year Heather's sister and manager Fiona revealed: "Paul didn't want her to sign a pre-nup as he considers it unromantic. Besides, he knew it was completely unnecessary."

Animal rights crusader Heather, who lost her left leg below the knee after a police motorbike hit her in August 1993, was wheelchair-bound again last month as she recovered from a complicated operation to re-attach muscle tissue in the limb.

She had been recuperating at home with her ex-Beatle hubby before the dust-up erupted. But yesterday neigbours near the couple's £1.5million seafront home in Hove said that although Heather and her green Porsche 911 had been there from Monday to Friday there was absolutely no sign of pop idol Macca.

While HE rattled around their country spread on the other side of the county SHE remained at the coast.

Locals spotted her going shopping and visiting a bank on Tuesday without her husband.

And on Thursday she spent three hours visiting a gym in nearby Brighton. A fellow member of the Body And Soul gym said: "She was really working out hard. Maybe she was getting something off her chest."

Usually the McCartneys spend most of their time at the Peasmarsh estate, only visiting the Hove house for a few days at a time—and always together. So locals immediately realised something was up when they saw Heather there alone, all week.

One neighbour said: "Heather and Macca are usually inseparable. If you see one, you see the other. It was very surprising to see her alone."

Last night it was reported that Heather had moved out of the Peasmarsh farm to avoid being photographed in a wheelchair following her operation.

But the Hove house is open to photographers wheras the farm is totally secluded. A source said: "This makes no sense at all.

"If Heather wanted to lie low she has the perfect place to do it—at the farm she shares with Paul. The fact is there have been problems but everyone hopes they will be resolved."

Almost from the start Heather feared their relationship might not last the course.One explosive episode at a London restaurant proved she had good reason to be worried.

The pair were involved in a stand-up row over their dinner.

Another diner recalled: "One minute they were facing each other over their meals. The next, Sir Paul was out of his seat and the two of them were shouting at each other."

Trophy

It was the News of the World that first revealed the romance between Macca and Heather after they met in May 1999 at an awards ceremony.

That day it was not just the winners' stories of courage which captured Paul's attention.

He was transfixed by blonde Heather as she ran on stage at London's Dorchester Hotel to hand a trophy to Helen Smith, who lost both hands and legs to meningitis.

"I didn't even know who she was—and to see her running up on the stage, well it was hard to believe she was disabled," he admitted.

Macca sought Heather out and they chatted about the charity she had started for people who have lost limbs in war zones—and her determination to continue her £150,000-a-year modelling career.

The multi-millionaire singer decided to help her cause—and the two fell in love. It had been more than a year since his adored first wife Linda had died of breast cancer.

Heather had endured an unhappy upbringing. Her parents split when she was a child and in a book about her life she admitted how she turned to shoplifting, truancy and drinking.

It was all a far cry from the opulence of the wedding she and Macca enjoyed in June 2002.

He had gone back to his Irish roots on his mother's side to be married in front of 300 guests at a 17th century church in the grounds of Castle Leslie in Co Monaghan.

The icing on the cake came when Heather fell pregnant in 2003 and gave birth to Beatrice.

Last night close friends feared the fairy tale could be reaching an untimely end.

Posted Image

I had heard that he's nuts about her, and that she's a liar and mentally unstable. Too bad, since his marriage to Linda was such a loving and romantic union.

You know what? Pre-nups AREN'T romantic. But marriage is a contract and there's nothing "romantic" about contracts either. Can't believe he didn't get a pre-nup....

While there is no suggestion of a divorce, any permanent split would have huge financial consequences for 63-year-old Sir Paul, who is worth a staggering £825million. The couple have no pre-nuptial agreement to protect his fortune. Last year Heather's sister and manager Fiona revealed: "Paul didn't want her to sign a pre-nup as he considers it unromantic. Besides, he knew it was completely unnecessary."

What a fool. -_-

eh, how much will it really hurt him if she gets half? I certainly could live on it. I'm not losing any sleep over Paul McCartney's impending poverty... ;) but yeah, prenups = good.

prenups, sadly, don't have the power in the UK that they do in many other countries. Basically, if you get married, you'll get half when you divorce. Pre-nups don't hold water there. Mick Jagger avoided this by never legally marrying Jerry Hall.

prenups, sadly, don't have the power in the UK that they do in many other countries.  Basically, if you get married, you'll get half when you divorce.  Pre-nups don't hold water there.  Mick Jagger avoided this by never legally marrying Jerry Hall.

You get half of what was earned during the duration of the marriage, as in many other European countries. Edited by niobe

McCartneys face another week apart

By Clemmie Moodie, Daily Mail

15 May 2006

thisislondon

Sir Paul McCartney and his wife Heather look likely to spend a second week apart, with fresh rumours emerging of a problem in their marriage.

The couple had agreed to meet in London for 'crisis talks' but, according to friends, 37-year-old Heather pulled out in order to stay at home with her sister in East Sussex.

Sir Paul, who originally told friends he was planning a trip to New York to see lawyers, is thought to have changed his mind in the hope that he and his wife can sort out their differences.

But with the former model resting in Hove, where she is recovering from a revision amputation on the leg she lost in an accident 13 years ago, and 63-year-old Sir Paul keeping a low profile in London, a second week apart seems the most likely outcome.

A friend of the couple said: 'So much has been made of Paul and Heather's latest bust-up, but the truth is, just like any couple, they argue - they are both fiery, passionate people.

'This latest run-in is slightly more serious than previous ones, however, simply because they haven't been able to physically meet up to try to put things right.

'But with Heather on crutches, still recovering from her revision amputation, she doesn't want to give paparazzi a field day with a snap of their reunion.

'Instead they are having to rely on phone calls and the odd text message. It is not an ideal situation.

'Paul is desperately keen to see Heather, to give her a massive hug, and to talk things over but she is insisting that she needs time to recover away from the Press - even if this means away from Paul too.

'Crisis talks were his idea but Heather's number one priority right now is her health. She believes that they can talk any time and really don't need any urgent meetings.'

After spending Friday night in his mansion in St John's Wood, North London, Sir Paul flew by helicopter to Lydd airport in Kent on Saturday,

where he had been due to catch a private jet to New York.

Having changed his mind, he is thought to have spent the afternoon with friends, before returning to the St John's Wood house.

According to claims in a Sunday newspaper last weekend, Sir Paul and his wife are on the verge of separating.

The News of the World said the couple, whose fourth wedding anniversary is next month, had spent five consecutive nights apart despite being less than 30 miles away from each other in East Sussex - Sir Paul has a farmhouse in Peasmarsh.

Heather laughed off the reports and claimed that the couple were prepared to take legal action over the story.

'We have only just got back together from Los Angeles, where Paul was recording and I had my operation,' she said.

'We haven't been apart until these last couple of days, when I have had to hide [from the Press].

'Of course we are together. It is hilarious. I can't wait to sue because I will make a fortune for my charity.'

But only last week Sir Paul flew to the South of France, leaving his wife alone once again. The couple's twoyearold daughter, Beatrice, is also thought to be with her mother.

Last night a spokesman for the McCartneys declined to comment.

McCartney and Mills to separate

Former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney and his wife Heather Mills are to separate after four years of marriage, the BBC has learned.

Sir Paul and Mills, a former model, married in June 2002. They had a daughter, Beatrice, a year later.

They met through Mills' charity work, which she began after losing a leg in a motorbike accident in 1993.

Sir Paul was previously married to Linda Eastman from 1969 until her death in 1998 from breast cancer. Recent reports suggested he and Mills had been living at separate addresses.

But Mills last week told one newspaper: "It's hilarious. Of course we are together. Paul and I are still very much together. Paul and I are together 100%."

Sir Paul has been world famous for five decades following the global success of the Beatles in the 1960s. He received a knighthood in 1997's New Year honours.

Mills formed the Heather Mills Heath Trust, recycling prosthetic limbs and campaigning against landmines, after being hit by a police motorcycle as she crossed a road in 1993. She is now founding patron of UK charity Adopt A Minefield, along with her husband.