Sign in to follow this  
leaivory

America Ferrera

America under guard

Turning heads for a different reason was America Ferrera, who felt the need to come with security.

"John Kerry is here, and even he doesn't have a personal bodyguard," marveled another guest. "Henry Kissinger doesn't have a bodyguard. But America Ferrera and her boyfriend have a bodyguard?"

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/bwiddicombe/index.html

From BBC Online:

Ugly Betty's $10m smile insured

America Ferrera, star of US TV show Ugly Betty, has had her smile insured for $10m (£5m).

Insurance market Lloyds of London said the policy was taken out by a tooth product company which is working with the actress on a US charity campaign.

Ferrera, 23, plays Betty Suarez - an ugly duckling with braces on her teeth - who works at a snobby New York fashion magazine.

She said she was "flattered" to have had her smile insured.

A spokesman for Lloyds said they had 300 years of experience of unusual insurance requests, including Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richard's fingers and Marlene Dietrich's legs.

Award winner

One underwriter was once even approached to insure an un-named celebrity's chest hair, the company said.

Ferrara said: "It's very flattering to have my smile insured for $10 million, it's not something that I ever imagined happening."

Ferrara won best TV comedy actress and the show best comedy at the 2007 Golden Globes.

==================================================================

I'd also love to know whose chest-hair was supposed to be insured. I'm guessing Tom Jones or David Hasslehoff circa Baywatch? :D

What The.....

http://www.dlisted.com/

I wouldn't even call this airbrushing. This is straight-up CUT and PASTE. They took America Ferrera's head and put it on some skinny bitch's body. They were probably just like "eff it, just cut the skank's head off."

Where are her breasts, ass and arm waddle?

On the left is America's head and some model's body on the cover of Glamour and on the right is America a couple of weeks ago.

Posted Image

Now it makes sense. Last night, Entertainment Tonight (or the Insider) had a little blurb about America's size. They said she's a six or an eight. Now I get it - it was designed to make people think she has slimmed down so the fictional cover won't be such a huge surprise.

She looks more like a 10 or 12, but who cares... she looks better than Keira or Kate Bosworth. These magazine covers are annoying... how would you feel if someone took a picture of you and then said "not good enough, let me chop and alter everything about you" -_-

Now it makes sense. Last night, Entertainment Tonight (or the Insider) had a little blurb about America's size. They said she's a six or an eight. Now I get it - it was designed to make people think she has slimmed down so the fictional cover won't be such a huge surprise.

I think she looks great, but unless she is 4'10" there is NO WAY she is a 6 or 8. Let the truth be told about her size, because she is much more attractive than any Tinseltown Lollipop!

Wow! She's gorgeous (notwithstanding the airbrushing, of course).

Posted Image

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...ticle406988.ece

That's much Bettyer ...

UGLY Betty proves she is more PHWOAR eyes than four eyes in a sultry photoshoot.

America Ferrera ditched the specs and braces of her Channel 4 alter ego as her clumsy character Betty Suarez suddenly became Betty Suave.

And a glitzy black dress worn by the 23-year-old star for the shoot would not look out of place in the pages of Mode – the fictional New York fashion mag where Betty works.

America, whose sexy pictures appear in December’s Marie Claire magazine, out now, has also just finished work on The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 – a film about a group of pals and a magical pair of jeans.

She just gets better and Bettyer...

America Ferrera: 'It Wasn't Easy' When My Dad Left

America Ferrera hasn’t seen her father since he left the family when she was young and the Ugly Betty star says it took a long time to come to terms with his departure.

"It wasn’t easy, but as a kid you find ways to make sense of it." Ferrera, 23, told British Marie Claire for its December issue. "I remember just bits and pieces of that time in my life, but I do remember being so incredibly matter-of-fact."

Posing for a set of sultry black and white pictures – sans Betty's braces and bushy eyebrows (check them out here) – she added, "It wasn't until I was older that I thought, 'Damn, I never really grieved over that.' And there have been male figures in my life who provided that kind of fatherhood for longer than he was ever in my life."

The Emmy-winning actress, who is the daughter of Honduran immigrants, also opened up about her modest beginnings.

"My family never lied about the fact that we didn't have a lot," she said. "You just kind of have to play the cards you're dealt."

Her heritage also means she can relate to Betty Suarez, the character she plays in Ugly Betty.

"It feels good to be a part of a show that means more to people than just entertainment, and which confronts a lot of issues, like the portrayal of a Latin family with a father struggling for citizenship," Ferrera said.

"Many people kind of see it as a pioneer show for their cause. Ugly Betty addresses these serious issues with humor, and that's the easiest way to make people listen as opposed to being preachy and shoving it down their throats."

Ugly Betty gets a makeover to glamorous cover girl

So this is what Betty Suarez has been hiding behind those red-rimmed glasses, thick fringe and that mouthful of metal.

The fashionistas who bully her could be silenced by just one glare from these sultry bedroom eyes.

Posted Image

Unfortunately for the loveable secretary from TV's Ugly Betty, this will never happen.

Because this is actually her alter ego, actress America Ferrera.

Miss Ferrera was photographed for the latest British edition of Marie Claire magazine.

She even graces the front cover - following in the footsteps of some of the world's most glamorous women such as Angelina Jolie and Denise Van Outen.

Posted Image

Miss Ferrera, 23, has found fame with the popular U.S. series, which is now in its second season here in the UK.

She plays the good-hearted but dowdy Latina who lands a job as secretary at the fictional Mode.

Betty soon proves herself to be very efficient and is determined to succeed in the fashion world - but is a little hampered by her looks and dress sense.

Miss Ferrera has won Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards for her work in Ugly Betty.

Posted Image

Ferrera, Efron win at Family TV Awards

Associated Press

Nov 30, 2007

America Ferrera has won another honor for her portrayal of the title character on ABC's "Ugly Betty."

She won the best actress award at the ninth Family Television Awards for her role as the sartorially challenged Betty Suarez trying to make it in the tough New York fashion world. The series won best comedy.

Ferrera has earned Emmy, Golden Globe and SAG awards for playing Betty.

Zac Efron won the best actor award for his role as teen idol Troy Bolton in Disney's "High School Musical 2," which won the best movie musical award.

Best new series award went to ABC's "Pushing Daisies."

The awards, presented Wednesday night, are given by the Family Friendly Programming Forum and recognize what it decides is outstanding programming for family viewing.

She's gorgeous! I also like the fact that her show is recognized as "family friendly" along with the other shows with gay characters or storylines. Back in the day, that wouldn't have happened.

Yay for progress!

She's gorgeous! I also like the fact that her show is recognized as "family friendly" along with the other shows with gay characters or storylines. Back in the day, that wouldn't have happened.

Yay for progress!

I actually think that a lead character on Ugly Betty is openly gay....Wilhemina's assistant I believe. So that is definitely positive that a show would be recognized as family friendly, even with an openly gay cast member. Still a ways to go...but progress..agreed. :D

Yay for progress!

I actually think that a lead character on Ugly Betty is openly gay....Wilhemina's assistant I believe. So that is definitely positive that a show would be recognized as family friendly, even with an openly gay cast member. Still a ways to go...but progress..agreed. :D

I love his character on that show. I hope to see more of him in other stuff, too. He seems like he's got the "chops" for a variety of roles.

Family TV Awards Honor 'High School Musical 2'

'Ugly Betty,' 'Heroes' also win awards

November 30, 2007

The Disney Channel phenomenon "High School Musical 2" and ABC's "Ugly Betty" each snagged a pair of trophies at the ninth annual Family Television Awards.

The awards honor "family friendly" programming as determined by the Family Friendly Programming Forum, a coalition of advertisers that works to help develop shows parents and kids can watch together. The forum also offers scholarships to aspiring writers and a script development fund for projects that has helped launch the likes of "Gilmore Girls," "Everybody Hates Chris" and "Chuck."

"High School Musical 2" won the award for best movie musical, and star Zac Efron shared the best actor award with Kyle Chandler of "Friday Night Lights." "Ugly Betty" also took home two awards, for star America Ferrera and for best comedy. NBC's "Heroes" took home the best drama prize.

The CW will air the awards ceremony on Thursday, Dec. 27. "Amazing Race" host Phil Keoghan served as master of ceremonies.

Here's the full list of winners at the ninth annual Family Television Awards:

Comedy: "Ugly Betty" (ABC)

Drama: "Heroes" (NBC)

Actor: Zac Efron and Kyle Chandler

Actress: America Ferrera

Miniseries/Special: "Planet Earth" (Discovery)

Movie Musical: "High School Musical 2"

New Series: "Pushing Daisies" (ABC)

Cable Series: "Kyle XY" (ABC Family)

Reality: "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" (FOX)

Favorite Newcomer: Zachary Levi

'Debaters' dominates Image Awards

Perry, Keys also have big night at NAACP gala

By LIBBY MCCARTHY, DEREK PETERS

There was no debating which were the favored projects at the 39th NAACP Image Awards, where hyphenate Tyler Perry, musician Alicia Keys, and film "The Great Debaters" earned multiple kudos in an evening packed with over 50 awards.

"Debaters" -- which received eight initial film nods -- took home four wins, including actor (Denzel Washington), actress (Jurnee Smollett), supporting actor (Denzel Whitaker), and motion picture.

Focus' "Talk To Me" earned kudos for scribes Michael Genet and Rick Famuyiwa, as well as for helmer Kasi Lemmons.

In the television categories, Tyler Perry's "House of Pain" hauled home three awards for comedy series, as well as actor and supporting actor in a comedy series (LaVan Davis and Lance Gross, respectively).

Perry's other project of the year, film "Why Did I Get Married?", earned Janet Jackson a supporting actress kudo.

Funny females America Ferrera and Vanessa Williams from "Ugly Betty" prevailed in the actress and supporting actress television categories.

"I love to be part of this show because it's fun, but also because of what it stands for," Ferrara said. "It's done wonderful things for diversity in the television landscape."

The "Grey's Anatomy" team sliced through the competition with awards in best drama series, and supporting actress (Chandra Wilson). Writing kudos for the popular drama also went to scribes Shonda Rhimes and Krista Vernoff.

NAACP honored thesps in varying skeins in the drama categories, with "CSI: NY's" Hill Harper earning the actor kudo, "The Unit's" Regina Taylor in the corresponding actress category, and "House's" Omar Epps with the supporting actor award.

Musicians Alicia Keys and Chris Brown received recognition for female and male artist, respectively. Keys also picked up awards for album ("As I Am"), as well as song and music video ("Like You'll Never See Me Again").

Most recent "American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks commanded "Respect" with her performance of Aretha Franklin's classic song, before Franklin picked up the 2007 Vanguard Award. Sparks then received her own distinction, named as outstanding new artist.

Franklin, who attended the first Image Awards show in 1969, called the show "sophisticated, rousing fun that rivals with the best and is second to none."

Sidney Poitier paid tribute to Chairman's Award honoree Ruby Dee in the form of a pre-taped speech. Musician nominee Angelique Kidjo also performed a song in Dee's honor.

"I accept this award on behalf of all the members, past and present, that have been led by the light of the NAACP," Dee said.

Image Awards Hall of Fame Inductee Stevie Wonder performed three songs and took the opportunity to stump for both Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama.

And the winners are...

TELEVISION CATEGORIES

Outstanding Comedy Series

Tyler Perry's "House of Payne" (TBS)

Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series

LaVan Davis -- "Tyler Perry's House of Payne" (TBS)

Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series

America Ferrera -- "Ugly Betty" (ABC)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series

Lance Gross -- "Tyler Perry's House of Payne" (TBS)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series

Vanessa L. Williams -- "Ugly Betty" (ABC)

Outstanding Drama Series

"Grey's Anatomy" (ABC)

Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series

Hill Harper -- "CSI: NY" (CBS)

Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series

Regina Taylor -- "The Unit" (CBS)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Omar Epps -- "House" (FOX)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Chandra Wilson -- "Grey's Anatomy" (ABC)

Outstanding Television Movie, Mini-Series or Dramatic Special

"Life Support" (HBO)

Outstanding Actor in a Television Movie, Mini-Series or Dramatic Special

Wendell Pierce -- "Life Support" (HBO)

Outstanding Actress in a Television Movie, Mini-Series or Dramatic Special

Queen Latifah -- "Life Support" (HBO)

Outstanding Actor in a Daytime Drama Series

Kristoff St. John -- "The Young And The Restless" (CBS)

Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series

Christel Khalil -- "The Young And The Restless" (CBS)

Outstanding News/Information -- (Series or Special)

"In Conversation: The Senator Barack Obama Interview" (TVOne)

Outstanding Talk -- (Series)

"Tavis Smiley 'Crisis in Darfur'" (PBS)

Outstanding Reality -- (Series)

"Run's House 4" (MTV)

Outstanding Variety -- (Series or Special)

"Celebration of Gospel '07" (BET)

Outstanding Children's Program

"That's So Raven" (Disney Channel)

Outstanding Performance in a Youth/Children's Program -Series or Special

Raven-Symoné -- "That's So Raven" (Disney Channel)

RECORDING CATEGORIES

Outstanding New Artist

Jordin Sparks (Jive/Zomba)

Outstanding Male Artist

Chris Brown (Jive)

Outstanding Female Artist

Alicia Keys (J Records)

Outstanding Duo or Group

Eddie & Gerald Levert (Atlantic)

Outstanding Jazz Artist

Herbie Hancock (Verve)

Outstanding Gospel Artist -- (Traditional or Contemporary)

Kirk Franklin (Gospocentric)

Outstanding World Music Album

Angelique Kidjo -- "Djin Djin" (Razor & Tie)

Outstanding Music Video

"Like You'll Never See Me Again" -- Alicia Keys (J Records)

Outstanding Song

"Like You'll Never See Me Again" -- Alicia Keys (J Records)

Outstanding Album

Alicia Keys -- "As I Am" (J Records)

LITERATURE CATEGORIES

Outstanding Literary Work -- Fiction

"Blonde Faith" -- Walter Mosley (Little, Brown & Company)

Outstanding Literary Work -- Non-Fiction

"Not on Our Watch: The Mission to End Genocide in Darfur and Beyond" -- Don Cheadle, John Prendergast (Hyperion)

Outstanding Literary Work -- Debut Author

"The Women Who Raised Me: A Memoir" -- Victoria Rowell (Harper Collins)

Outstanding Literary Work -- Biography/Auto-Biography

"Obama: From Promise to Power" -- David Mendell (Harper Collins/Amistad)

Outstanding Literary Work -- Instructional

"The Covenant in Action" -- Tavis Smiley (Smiley Books)

Outstanding Literary Work -- Poetry

"Acolytes: Poems" -- Nikki Giovanni (Harper Collins/William Morrow)

Outstanding Literary Work -- Children

"Nothing but Trouble: The Story of Althea Gibson" -- Sue Stauffacher,Author; Greg Couch, Illustrator (Random House)

Outstanding Literary Work -- Youth/Teens

"More Than Entertainers: An Inspirational Black Career Guide" -- Charles B. Schooler, Author; Gary Young, Illustrator (Zenith Publishing)

MOTION PICTURE CATEGORIES

Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture

Denzel Washington -- "The Great Debaters" (The Weinstein Co.)

Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture

Jurnee Smollett -- "The Great Debaters" (The Weinstein Co.)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture

Denzel Whitaker -- "The Great Debaters" (The Weinstein Co.)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture

Janet Jackson -- "Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?" (Lionsgate Films)

Outstanding Motion Picture

"The Great Debaters" (The Weinstein Co.)

Outstanding Independent or Foreign Film

"Honeydripper" (Emerging Pictures)

Outstanding Documentary

"Darfur Now" (Warner Independent Pictures)

WRITING CATEGORIES

Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series

Ali LeRoi -- "Everybody Hates Chris: Everybody Hates Guidance Counselor" (CW)

Outstanding Writing in a Dramatic Series

Shonda Rhimes and Krista Vernoff -- "Grey's Anatomy: A Change is Gonna Come" (ABC)

Outstanding Writing in a Motion Picture (Theatrical or Television)

Michael Genet and Rick Famuyiwa -- "Talk To Me" (Focus Features)

DIRECTING CATEGORIES

Outstanding Directing in a Comedy Series

Ken Whittingham -- "The Office: Phyllis's Wedding" (NBC)

Outstanding Directing in a Dramatic Series

Seith Mann -- "Friday Night Lights: Are You Ready For Friday Night?" (NBC)

Outstanding Directing in a Motion Picture (Theatrical or Television)

Kasi Lemmons -- "Talk To Me" (Focus Features)

ALSO:

Image Awards Hall of Fame Inductee: Stevie Wonder

Vanguard Award: Aretha Franklin

Chariman's Award: Ruby Dee

DreamWorks fires up 'Dragon' cast

Butler, Ferrera, Hill, Baruchel join animated pic

By TATIANA SIEGEL

Gerard Butler, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel and Christopher Mintz-Plasse will voice "How to Train Your Dragon" for DreamWorks Animation.

Peter Hastings will helm the feature toon, and Bonnie Arnold is producing.

Comic adventure is set in a mythical world and centers on a scrawny teenage Viking who must capture and subdue a wild dragon. Story is based on the book by Cressida Cowell.

Project marks the second film the studio will produce in Ultimate 3-D; the first is "Monsters vs. Aliens." "Dragon" is slated for a domestic release on March 26, 2010.

DreamWorks' 'Dragon' finds its voices

By Borys Kit

March 18, 2008

Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill and Christopher Mintz-Plasse have signed on to voice-star in "How to Train Your Dragon," the CGI fantasy feature from DreamWorks Animation.

Based on Cressida Cowell's first novel in the children's book series, the story centers on the timid son of a Viking chief who must capture and train a dragon in order to be initiated into his tribe.

Baruchel will voice the boy, named Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third, who is saddled with an undersized and uncooperative dragon.

Butler is the father and chief of the tribe, Stoick the Vast, while Ferrera voices Astrid, who partners with Hiccup for the initiation.

Hill will play Snotlout, a bully who thinks he should be the next chief, and Mintz-Plasse portrays Fishlegs, a Viking big in size but small in brains.

Peter Hastings is directing the project, which recently was moved to a March 26, 2010, release from its original Nov. 20, 2009, date.

Bonnie Arnold is producing the feature, which will be the studio's second film that will be made in Ultimate 3D.

Baruchel, who worked with Hill in "Knocked Up" and next appears in "Tropic Thunder," is repped by CAA and Thruline Entertainment.

Butler ("300") is repped by CAA and Alan Siegel Entertainment, while "Ugly Betty" star Ferrera is repped by Endeavor.

Hill and Mintz-Plasse, who both starred in "Superbad," are repped by UTA. Hill, who lent his voice to "Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who!" additionally is repped by Principato/Young.

'Ugly Betty' Gets A Natural Makeover

By WENN

Ugly Betty star America Ferrera has warned the show's producers they might need to pad their star - because she has to lose weight to play a runner in a new film.

The sexy Latina, who plays homely Betty on the hit show, admits her body has already started transforming, thanks to a much needed break she took during the winter writer's strike.

The actress, who turned 24 on Friday, admits a little rest and relaxation over Christmas - and the occasional trip to the gym - gave her a hot new look.

She says, "My face looks different. My body looks different. I definitely feel like I'm growing up."

But she insists her new film, in which she plays an avid runner, won't effect her role in Ugly Betty.

She adds, "It's a role that calls for a completely different physique. She's a runner in a very different emotional space, which calls for me to make physical changes. (The producers of Ugly Betty) have been completely respectful of what I want to do with my body."

The actress, who turned 24 on Friday, admits a little rest and relaxation over Christmas - and the occasional trip to the gym - gave her a hot new look.

She says, "My face looks different. My body looks different.

Lipo? Nosejob? I know she has that Miss All American Wholesome reputation but in this business that's often a front and even when it's real it doesn't last long.

Ferrera: 'It's Hard To Imagine Future'

America Ferrera has admitted that she has no idea what she will do now.

The actress finished filming Ugly Betty after 83 episodes earlier this week, Showbiz Spy reports.

"It's hard for me to even imagine what my life is going to be like now," she said.

"I've been doing the same thing for the last four years, five days a week, ten months out of the year. Now I'm just excited to sleep and not feel like I have four weeks to find something that is worth doing."

Ferrera added: "Everyone on the show feels the same way. We're so lucky we had it and that it was a part of our lives. It's exciting but sad to come to the end."

Source digitalspy.co.uk