princess

Celeb Encounters

Humans of New York facebook page post:

https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyork

"So get this. I'm driving down Park Avenue one day and this guy waves for me, so I pull over and I ask him where he's going. He tells me 74th street, and I tell him that's too far for me, because my shift just ended, so he says 'thanks anyway' and walks away. But then I think about it, and I start feeling bad for the guy, cause hey-- I got a conscience. So I call him back to the cab and tell him to hop in. And he gets in the car all excited, all animated, and he's talking about all these things. But he's got his cap pulled down way over his eyes, so I can't see who it is. But pretty soon I start to recognize his voice. And when we get to a light, I turn to him, and I look him in the eye, and I scream: "WIIIIIIILLLSSSSSOOOOOOON!!!" And that really got him. He started laughing hard. He sees that I've got this Ferrari hat on, and a Ferrari shirt too, so he starts calling me 'Mr. Ferrari.' The whole ride, he keeps calling me 'Mr. Ferrari.' So after we get to his destination, we snap a quick photo, and he goes on his way. And I think that's it. But that's not it, cause get this. Over the next few weeks, I just happen to randomly pick up people that know him. People who have acted with him before, people who work with him. And every time, I tell them: 'Tell Mr. Hanks that Mr. Ferrari says 'hello.'" Every time I say that. Then one day I'm driving, and I get a text from one of the people that I'd driven, and it says: 'Mr. Hanks wants to invite you to see his Broadway show.' So I bring my lady to the show, and we get to go backstage and everything, and after the show, we're waiting for him in his dressing room, and he walks in and screams: 'Mr. Ferrari!' Can you believe that story? And you wanna know the craziest thing? The name of his show was 'Lucky Guy.' How crazy is that? Cause that was me. A lucky guy!"

Photo: https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyork/photos/a.102107073196735.4429.102099916530784/796883523719083/?type=1&theater

Edited by princess
  • Like 3

I was on vacation last month (in case you noticed my absence ;)). On the plane from San Diego to London I sat next to a very nice English couple, I'd say late 20's. They had been in California several times and were disappointed they had never seen anyone famous. We land in London and get to baggage claim. They collect their baggage and head off. Not 5 minutes after they left, Donald Sutherland walks up right next to where we were standing. :D

• Like 4

Ive lived in nyc and seen lots of folks. Woody allen and mia farrow and their brood dining together (early or mid 80's). John Kennedy Jr held a door open for me. He was better looking than most humans and took me a moment to recognize him. His mother Jackie O. use to love my dog and she would stop to say hi to her all the time. Sigourney Weaver ive seen a few times and she is stunning. Very normal. I once baby sat sean lennon when he was very little and i was reintroduced to him again recently. Spitting image of his dad. Saw Tucker Carlson in some self-propelled buggy in new orleans a couple of years ago. He looked as douchy and self-satisfied as he does on the news. I had my hair done next to Ann Curry about 20 years ago (or more even) when I was a kid and she was very bubbly. It was at NBC studies as the person who did our hair was working there. Don't ask me how we were allowed in for that. I just followed my mom. Met peter jennings who asked me to take a letter to someone at ABC news when I bumped into him in the hall. He was very charming. Ive see Ralph Finnes, do hamlet in nyc about 20 years ago. Maybe 15. Also patrick stewart do A christmas carol (amazing) and also at a cast party for the movie Jeffrey around 1994. Also went to the cast party for dallas (i was a kid and hated it until i was told one of the people there was the Man From Atlantis and the other the guy from Jeannie). Charline Tilton was a doll to me. Also hung out and ultimately snuck into the hotel sometime in the 1980's for the Night of a 100 (or 1000...dont remember what they called it) stars. Saw Jimmy Stewart. I also knew Ian McLagan from the small faces who just passed, though not well. And I also am friends with Billy Bragg who is a very decent man. (you'd have to be an 80's alt music person to know him, or like Wilco).

• Like 1

Some of these are really funny (I don't remember him, the little shit!) :D

Classmates of Celebrities Reveal What A-Listers Were Like Before Fame

http://www.suggest.com/celebs/64511/classmates-of-celebrities-reveal-what-a-listers-were-like-before-fame?_fc=64511&utm_campaign=sug-fbk-d-us-c2da6263&utm_source=fbk&_fcs=885381#slide/0

My contribution to the above slideshow would be that I worked with a guy who went to HS with Brad Pitt and all he remembered about him as that he had awful B.O.

I second the Mr. Rogers slide. He lived near me and he was friends with families in the neighborhood so I encountered him often. He was kind, genuine, and to this day is my hero. He was exactly who you wanted him to be.

• Like 2

Anyone know anything about Soho House New York hotel?? I get the impression it's a big celeb hotel?

I think Soho House is a private club?

Yes, basically can only get reservations if you know someone who belongs. Know someone staying there in August, I'll report back. No photos allowed inside. :alien_dance:

• Like 1

I've had several Keanu sightings.  My favorite is I was at hotel talking to the front desk staff about something.  I turn around and plow right into the chest of some guy waiting behind me for his turn to talk to the front desk, full on motor boated him :D   As I'm saying "oops, I'm sorry" I first notice his friends behind him acting weird like they are about to pounce on me.  That's when I look up and realize it's Keanu (he's tall!).  He just smiled down at me and said "no problem".  I hurried off before his friends decided I was a threat to him.  :D  Loved that his friends were protective of him, and loved that my klutziness finally came in handy for something.  :kung-fu-panda:

• Like 3

Has anyone else seen Eurovision: Fire Saga (or whatever the long title is)? We watched on Friday - it's very long and we were not sober, so I'm sure I missed bits, but it was funny. I expected better, but oh well - I've never really loved Will Ferrell movies, even though this wasn't typical for his style, I don't think.

Anyway, Dan Stevens was one of the best parts of the movie. Hilarious and amazing. Interview where he got part of his character from Irina Shayk just slays me

https://uproxx.com/tv/dan-stevens-interview-eurovison-song-contest-the-story-of-fire-saga/

What was that singing voice? I wasn’t expecting that. It’s very deep.

Sadly, the singing voice, we didn’t manage to get into the studio to record because obviously COVID struck. And so we actually went with the temp track, which is a Swedish baritone, who is great. In terms of his spoken voice, that becomes more from some of the sort of wealthier Europeans that I’ve met over the years. And, in particular, I had an interesting moment with the model Irina Shayk once. I met her in Manhattan and she asked where I live. And at the time I lived in Brooklyn and she said, “Brook-lyn,” and she just had this real kind of disdain for anything that wasn’t within her defined circle of sort of luxury and opulence. And I said, “Well, where do you live?” And she said it like in one phrase. She just said, “West Village, best place.” And I really kind of, I had that phrase in my head a lot for Lemtov. He just thinks that he knows the best things: If they’re covered in gold, whatever you’ve got going on. And there’s a weird kind of snobbery to that mysterious European wealthy elite that I think is just ridiculous and ripe to be poked fun of.

• Thanks 1

I thought Dan Stevens was epic; loved the George Michael hair!

Rachel macadams was good but I’m a bit bored of will Ferrell playing the same character and getting slightly worse at it each time. And it’s wasn’t very funny as a whole film to me. 

i live in the city where the contest was supposed to be taking place so I enjoyed the absolutely inaccurate geography on show. ?

Edited by Wordsworth
  • Like 1

I have to say that I've seen less than half of Ferrell's movies? And I saw this because someone said it was like Pitch Perfect but Eurovision instead of college a cappella, and since I adore Pitch Perfect.....Well, it wasn't Pitch Perfect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

I have to say that I've seen less than half of Ferrell's movies? And I saw this because someone said it was like Pitch Perfect but Eurovision instead of college a cappella, and since I adore Pitch Perfect.....Well, it wasn't Pitch Perfect.

More Pitch Perfect 2. (Love the first one. Couldn’t get past the first 10 mins of the second.) 

I like anchorman and blades of glory, but not a huge fan of much else. 

• Like 1

Everyone keeps telling me I need to see Pitch Perfect.  Guess it's time I finally did that. 

I like Pitch Perfect 2 ok, but 3 was not good, not good at all. I mean - I still own the dvd and watch it, but whatevs ;-)

Princess- there are SOOOOOOOO many movies I haven't seen (and tv shows and....) and I just don't care. I mean - I love classic film, but I've never seen Godfather or Scarface. Do I care? Nope. I know I don't like violent dramas - don't care how good the script or acting or directing are. That said - I like Pitch Perfect because it's a feel good & calming movie plus I like to sing along. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My friend works at one of the small high end fashion stores on El Paseo in Palm Desert, CA.  She said that Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell were riding bikes down the street and came into the store today.  She said they were both really nice.  She mentioned they were in good shape, they had to ride their bikes up a hill to get home.

• Like 1