princess

Hilary Swank

Hilary Swank & Chad Lowe Announce Split

people.com

Monday Jan 09, 2006 2:00pm EST

Posted Image

CREDIT: HAHN-KHAYAT-NEBINGER / ABACA

Hilary Swank and Chad Lowe are separating after eight years of marriage, her publicist, Troy Nankin, announced in a statement Monday.

"Hilary and Chad have decided to separate but they are hopeful they'll be able to get through this tough time," the statement reads.

Swank, 31, and Lowe, 37, were married on Sept. 28, 1997. It was a first marriage for both.

The couple met at a 1992 Hollywood Athletic Club bash. "I went to a party with Leo DiCaprio, and Chad was there," Swank recalled for PEOPLE in 2003. "We just started talking."

Added Lowe: "It was like the old cliché where you see somebody, lock eyes across the room, and time stands still. ... I said, 'I would love just to take you to lunch.' Then I worked my way up to dinner. We had lunch, we had dinner and then some."

Swank called it "love at first sight."

The couple have no children, though, as they told PEOPLE last summer, they became the proud parents of two parrots: Seuss and Angel. "(Hilary and I) are very eager to have kids, and having parrots is great baby training," Lowe said.

Swank is among the rare breed of Hollywood stars who have won the top Oscar twice, being named Best Actress for 1999's Boys Don't Cry and again for 2004's Million Dollar Baby. At the Governor's Ball after the ceremony last March, Lowe advised Swank "to breathe it in and enjoy the moment. It is like when you get married: You wish it could last all night," he told PEOPLE.

Lowe, the brother of former West Wing star Rob Lowe, won an Emmy for his portrayal of AIDS sufferer Jesse McKenna on the 1989 TV series Life Goes On.

Nearly two years ago the couple launched a New York-based production company called Accomplice Films.

8 years is a long time by Hollywood standards. Bummer....I like her as an actress. Wished it could work out for them. Its sad to invest that much time at that young age and then flop. Ah well.....wonder if she is a hemophrodite from the blind item. Would explain things.

NY Daily NewsSwank's marriage is at Lowe ebbTwo-time Oscar winner Hilary Swank and Chad Lowe are calling it quits after more than eight years of marriage."Hilary and Chad have decided to separate, but they are hopeful they'll be able to get through this tough time," Swank's manager, Troy Nankin, said in a statement yesterday.Doomsayers have been predicting the marriage's demise for some time.Hollywood insiders have long buzzed that Swank, 31, with her two Oscar wins, has simply gotten too powerful for Lowe, 38, who has been in a handful of B movies since his Emmy win for the 1997 series "Life Goes On," in which he played an AIDS-stricken teenager. "It's been hard for Chad to live in her shadow," says one source. "He's gotten tired of being Mr. Hilary Swank."Swank famously forgot to mention Lowe while accepting her Best Actress Oscar for "Boys Don't Cry," and made up for it last year by effusively thanking him after her win for "Million Dollar Baby." Last year, we reported that Swank was too busy filming "The Black Dahlia" to tape a charity episode of "Celebrity Charades" with her less-famous hubby for the American Movie Classics channel, leading some to speculate again about a power struggle in the relationship.

Too bad.You see them all the time walking around the city and not too hollywood.I guess her schedule must have picked up and left him in the dust.Now he'll probably start hanging out with his brother Rob..

This is one couple that I never "got." I never felt any chemistry between them, I don't know why. So this doesn't surprise me.

"Some lovin' updates."Mike Myers, who split from wife-of-12-years Robin Ruzan last month, already gotten back in the schwing of things? The New York Post spotted the comedian breaking bread at a New York eatery last week with a "new, much younger cutie." Also it appears Usher may be getting up close and personal with someone on his payroll. The chart-topping crooner recently enjoyed the sun and sand of St. Barts and the snow of Aspen with his stylist, Tameka Foster, a separated mother of three, reports the New York Post. Usher's reps tell the paper that he spent his vacation "with friends and members of his entourage, which included Tameka," while her flack insists they're just pals. Did kids come between Hilary Swank and Chad Lowe? Star magazine blames their bust-up on family planning. "Chad wants to be a father more than anything else in the world," a snitch alleges to the tab. "Chad's been nothing but patient, but it's become increasingly clear to him that Hilary is too committed to her acting career to slow down and get pregnant." But another source denies a baby conflict, telling the Insider, "This is not about one wanting kids and the other not." Source: MSN

"Chad wants to be a father more than anything else in the world," a snitch alleges to the tab. "Chad's been nothing but patient, but it's become increasingly clear to him that Hilary is too committed to her acting career to slow down and get pregnant."

Uh-Oh, I see the new trend in all hollywood breakups. The PR people can leak the no-child-blame-game as the reason for the split to cover up the real reason....

Hated the dress. Way too much material in the front and the hem looked as if it needed alteration or they didn't have time to finish putting it together. :huh:

"Chad wants to be a father more than anything else in the world," a snitch alleges to the tab. "Chad's been nothing but patient, but it's become increasingly clear to him that Hilary is too committed to her acting career to slow down and get pregnant."

Uh-Oh, I see the new trend in all hollywood breakups. The PR people can leak the no-child-blame-game as the reason for the split to cover up the real reason....
Well if this crap is true I can see Chads point if he really wants kids. I dont think a pregnancy will slow down her career. Look at Catherine Zeta, Kelly Ripa, Madonna. Having kids didnt hurt their careers. Hillary is a great actress. She would not have any problems finding work if she had a kid. She may be a hermophrodite though. She looks somewhat mannish in features. There was a blind item and a lot of rumors were always that it could be Angelina but we all know how that panned out since she is preggo now.

Hated the dress. Way too much material in the front and the hem looked as if it needed alteration or they didn't have time to finish putting it together. :huh:

Saw her talking to someone on the red carpet, the hem came out and she used masking tape to hold it back up. Dress doesn't do it for me either though.

Hilary Hilary Swank - The New Muse of Guerlain

NEW YORK, Feb. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Maison Guerlain calls on a new muse as the spokesperson of its new fragrance to be launched in September 2006.

In recent years, Guerlain has turned to its historical values to attract customers in search of more refined and more contemporary luxury. The recent successful launches of L'instant de Guerlain, Kiss Kiss lipstick and Orchidee Imperiale skincare cream, along with the reopening of the prestigious boutique on the Champs-Elysees, are proof of the new dynamic momentum of our House.

Today, Guerlain expands its international presence by associating its name with a muse. More than just a face, Guerlain searched for a personality and character embodying the Guerlain spirit. Both a muse and a spokesperson, Hilary Swank will inspire and represent Guerlain for the next three years.

Hilary Swank, two-time Academy Award winning actress, is an extraordinary woman full of beauty and passion. In her award-winning roles, both daring and unconventional, she captivated the world. Hilary is bold and confident, yet full of emotion and truly genuine. It is this remarkable spirit that appealed to the directors of Guerlain. Her charisma will shine through as she presents at the 78th Academy Awards ceremony on March 5th.

Renato Semerari

President and CEO

Laurent Boillot

International Marketing Managing Director

Her filmography:

Hilary Swank is the third youngest woman in history to win two Academy Awards for "Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role." In addition to the Oscar for her performance as 'Brandon Teena' in Boys Don't Cry, Hilary won the Golden Globe Award for "Best Actress in a Drama."

Hilary then appeared in supporting roles opposite Cate Blanchett and Keanu Reeves in Sam Raimi's The Gift and opposite Al Pacino and Robin Williams in Christopher Nolan's Insomnia. Hilary recently starred as 'Alice Paul' in HBO's Iron Jawed Angels and was honored with both SAG and Golden Globe nominations.

Hilary was most recently seen starring opposite Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman in Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby. For this performance, she was honored with her second Academy Award for "Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role."

She will next be seen in a supporting role opposite Scarlett Johansson and Josh Hartnett in Brian De Palma's Black Dahlia and starring in The Reaping for Warner Brothers. Hilary is currently in production on Freedom Writers, the true story of Long Beach schoolteacher, Erin Gruwell.

Posted Image

Hilary Swank and Chad Lowe put on a united front in Malibu on Sunday. Although the couple announced their separation in January, Swank has insisted they're working on their nine-year marriage.

Hilary Swank & Chad Lowe Get Cozy

Wednesday Feb 22, 2006 4:00pm EST

people.com

Posted Image

Chad Lowe and Hilary Swank

CREDIT: MOST WANTED / FLYNET

Hilary Swank and Chad Lowe announced their split in January – but on Sunday the couple met at the low-key Tra di Noi restaurant in Malibu for a late lunch, PEOPLE reports in its upcoming issue.

"They seemed to be getting along very well," said an observer, noting that after the meal, Lowe, 38, walked Swank, 31, to her car. "He put his arm on her back when they were saying goodbye."

So, are the pair, who wed eight years ago, reconciling? No official word yet, but a close friend of the double-Oscar winner tells PEOPLE, "It's not the first time (they've eaten together), it's just the first time the cameras have been around. It's evidence that they're working on their marriage."

These preservation-of-marriage acts can be typical, say professionals. "In any divorce or separation, people are confused. They think, 'Maybe I shouldn't be so hasty,'" says Beverly Hills psychiatrist Carole Lieberman.

Some couples have tried to mend broken marriages, but to no avail. Charlie Sheen, 40, and Denise Richards, 35, wore wedding bands and big smiles in the Bahamas in December, nine months after Richards first filed for divorce. But just weeks later the divorce was back on and a bitter custody battle over their two daughters broke out.

Then there is the unparalleled case of Renée Zellweger, 36, and Kenny Chesney, 37. The two had their five-month marriage annulled in December yet continue to meet regularly for cozy meals. Their reps insist they're "just friends."

Woman to Wed 'Boys Don't Cry' Inmate Sat Mar 18, 3:40 PM ET A Chicago woman has been granted a marriage license to marry one of the killers portrayed in the movie "Boys Don't Cry."Justine Mirth, 32, says she can't wait to marry Tom Nissen, who is serving life in prison for the 1993 slayings of three people in a farmhouse in southeast Nebraska."I'm dying to go see him. I want to hold him," she said. "He's the man I love. I want to spend the rest of my life with him."The crime inspired the award-winning 1999 movie starring Hilary Swank, who played one of the victims, 21-year-old Teena Brandon, who was born a woman but lived as a man in southeast Nebraska under the name Brandon Teena.The couple have never met in person. Mirth and Nissen have learned about each other through long letters and scores of 15-minute phone calls — the maximum allowed by the prison.When she saw the film, Mirth said, she identified with the characters who played Nissen and his co-defendant, John Lotter, who is on death row. She had grown up "in a small, stupid town in Indiana," she said, and escaped by running with a rough crowd."These were people I would hang out with in real life," she said.Prosecutors said Teena was killed in a farmhouse, along with two witnesses, because he reported being raped by Lotter and another man after they discovered his biological identity.

I really, really hope that they manage to work it out. Tough, though. They've been together since she was 17 years old... I'm sure she's changed a lot since then.

Hilary Swank and Chad Lowe to Renew Vows? By Lynda JohnsonMar 23, 2006 When the news of a split between Hilary Swank and hubby Chad Lowe hit, the couple vowed to try to make it work, and they hoped the break was only temporary. For once in Hollywood, it appears the stars were correct. Couple to Renew Vows? (Image E! Online)In Touch Weekly will report in the Friday edition of the magazine that not only are Chad and Hilary getting back together, but they’re also planning to renew their wedding vows. ***The magazine cites an insider that claims the estranged lovebirds are close to a full reconciliation and as soon as that happens, they’re going to celebrate their reunion by getting married again. Their second wedding will be a formal affair and Hilary is already shopping for an elegant bridal gown.“Getting separated was the best thing Hilary and Chad have ever done for their marriage,” their pal says. “It made them realize that they were meant to be together."