These books are my new guilty pleasure. I totally get that they are for disaffected 13 year olds (which I know because my nieces read them) but can't help it! Movie version in the works looks to suck big time based on the casting, but oh well. It's a very guilty pleasure!

O. My. God. These books are the best!!! I read Twilight twice before I could talk my daughter into reading it, and now we are both hooked! I agree about the movie - but, hey - they do have Catherine Hardwicke directing, and she's fantastic...Who do you envision when you see Edward? I never could picture him as a blonde, even though he is - I hope the movie doesn't suck - (we will go, no matter...) Thanks so much for starting this thread!

I am new to the Twilight universe and I am addicted to it. I bought all 3 books and I re-read them. I think Taylor Kitsch would have been a great Edward if he was younger.

I wanted Stefano Dionisi, but he's my age!! The powers that be need to CGI Edward into what we all see in our heads when we think of him...Good choice , Bellie...Taylor has got "THE EYES"!

Edited by kathyk

I wanted Stefano Dionisi, but he's my age!! The powers that be need to CGI Edward into what we all see in our heads when we think of him...Good choice , Bellie...Taylor has got "THE EYES"!

I don't know who I would cast, but I know I would NOT cast the people they did. I do LOVE Taylor on FNL. He is so hot, and could totally be Edward. I just hate that they have to blonde up people who aren't blonde. I like JJ Field for Carlisle. I've seen him in a bunch of Masterpiece Theater stuff and have really liked him. He's maybe a bit too old, but in my mind, he works.

My oldest step daughter (18) told me about this series. She gave me the first one to read and I read it in two days. I was calling her telling her I needed to know what the hell was going to happen next. She came over one afternoon with a tattoo (fake one) that read in fancy print "Edward" across the small of her back.

My oldest step daughter (18) told me about this series. She gave me the first one to read and I read it in two days. I was calling her telling her I needed to know what the hell was going to happen next. She came over one afternoon with a tattoo (fake one) that read in fancy print "Edward" across the small of her back.

Ok, I am going to be 40 in a few weeks and I cannot put these books down. I have read and reread and reread them. Is almost 40 to old to be in love with a fictional vampire? :unsure:

Ok, I am going to be 40 in a few weeks and I cannot put these books down. I have read and reread and reread them. Is almost 40 to old to be in love with a fictional vampire? :unsure:

I, too, have fallen for these books and its all my daughters fault. The books are quite the rage at her school. I asked the clerk at the Barnes and Noble if they were for "adult" enough and she said that they sell quite a few copies to "moms" and there is even a web site for same: http://twilightmoms.com/

You should check out the trailer for the movie. I wasn't sure of the casting choices either, but Edward is looking pretty hot. :unsure:

Edited by tyler

Bitterboyfriend's twin daughters are reading them - one hated the first one and abandoned it partway through (her quote: "jeez, there are plenty of nice guys and you have to fall in love with a vampire?") and the other one is totally engrossed and in love with the whole thing.

These books are my new guilty pleasure. I totally get that they are for disaffected 13 year olds (which I know because my nieces read them) but can't help it! Movie version in the works looks to suck big time based on the casting, but oh well. It's a very guilty pleasure!

hmm ima have to check this out!

I didn't read the Entertainment Weekly. I'm excited about the movie coming out, but is the movie going to be all of the books in one or will they release different movies for each book? The trailer looks like it's just Twilight. I don't want to wait til December!

I am actually pro-Robert Pattinson as Edward and I thought he looked ghastly on the cover of EW. Somebody got carried away with the pasty white makeup...

I get online every night around midnight to read the next quote of the day for Breaking Dawn. And though Mr. Missykins is horrified, my friends and I are going to a midnight release party to get the book next Friday.

I read Breaking Dawn last week and it just about destroyed the series for me. I really disliked it. A LOT. I hate to even think of the movie knowing how the books turn out.

I can't read all of this because I am new to twilight (what can I say I am a late bloomer) and I don't want any spoilers. I am waiting for the library to call me about book two. Anyhoo.. Have any of you been following all the buzz with the movie. NOW I am wondering something. I get that the book is about vampires and therefore "dark" but why are all the characters dressing rather goth and dark for the press junkets... Is this how they normally are or is someone telling them, dress dark and look wasted. Some of them look like they stepped out of Hot Topic...

the best example that comes to mind is colin farrel - when he does press, he is always in jeans, boots and botton down top or t-shirt... Never any suits or fancy attire - that is just him.

Are these actors just like that or what.. I tell you that is the one thing that is keeping me from getting excited about the movie.

Thanks

Just got into the books. Starting book #3 after starting book #1 about 2 weeks ago, lol.

This is targeted for teenagers (oh my, he touched my arm and I'm going to faint now *swoon*), but fun to remember how everything felt sooooo important at that age. Bella is rather dumb, on the other hand so was I at that age, lol.

Hope book #4 doesn't suck as much as this thread leaned towards, lol.

Just got into the books. Starting book #3 after starting book #1 about 2 weeks ago, lol.

This is targeted for teenagers (oh my, he touched my arm and I'm going to faint now *swoon*), but fun to remember how everything felt sooooo important at that age. Bella is rather dumb, on the other hand so was I at that age, lol.

Hope book #4 doesn't suck as much as this thread leaned towards, lol.

i read the books in spite of this sort of thing not being my bad. they are readable and sort of compelling. However I think the messege is horrible and paints stephanie meyer not only as an emotional adolescent, but a rather sick one (for all the reasons mentioned previously). And book four just falls apart. a good 1/3 of it is a bunch of vampires and wearwovles standing around. its like she really didnt know where to go plot wise.

Finished book #4.

I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it, but um... she's growing up. That's the entire point of the books. She's getting older and facing adulthood. So book #4 is not a shock. I didn't think #4 was any worse than the first three - this is kind of a no-brainer series, but still entertaining to me. Glad I read 'em.

Still think Harry Potter was MUCh better, and this from a girl who loved the Buffy TV show.

*runs to hide*

Posted Image

Newborn Sparkle Vamps Explored in New Twilight Tale From Stephenie Meyer

Today 8:57 AM PDT by Breanne L. Heldman

eonline.com

Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner aren't the only stars of Eclipse. If supporting actress Jodelle Ferland does a good job, she may get a major movie vehicle of her own.

Twilight author Stephenie Meyer is releasing an additional element of the vampire tale that just may bring the teen front and center. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella is a 192-pager following the newborn as she's recruited for the army hunting down Bella and Edward.

The story began as an exercise Meyer forced on herself to explore the darker side of the battle in the third installment of her hit series, which she would share on her website, but it gradually grew into much more.

"I'd always considered The Short Life of Bree Tanner as something for the fans," she said in a statement.

The short book will hit shelves on June 5—just 25 days before fans get their first look at Bree on the silver screen. Luckily, director David Slade was given an early peek.

"Stephenie was gracious enough to let me read a draft of the novella while we were prepping the movie," he said in a statement. "I thoroughly enjoyed the story and it gave us great insight and inspired location choices and the tailoring of scenes. I think fans are going to love the fascinating details involved in the loves, fears and actions of an emerging vampire."

One dollar from every book sold in the U.S. will go to the American Red Cross International Response Fund to support disaster relief efforts in Haiti and Chile.

And, if you voracious Twilight readers can't wait to get your hands on this story sidenote, we recommend giving Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl's Beautiful Creatures a whirl. The first of the five-novel series has already been optioned by Warner Bros. to possibly follow in the Bella and Edward's film-friendly footsteps.