Hoyaheel

Harassment scandal(s) in Hollywood

It's moved WAY beyond Harvey Weinstein so I figure I'd give it its own thread....

Director Toback being brought down. Bill O'Reilly settlements coming to light. Weinstein company coming down - board new and did nothing? Women all over the world saying #MeToo (as if we didn't know that.....) and men as well.

Saw one comment (I usually try NOT to read comments on other sites!) that Rob Reiner is the name that has been floated in the "pedophilia"/harassment ring in the Corey Haim/Corey Feldman case? I hadn't heard that before, though of course I'm aware of the Coreys assertions....Ick.

I feel super dirty when I watch movies or tv now. Or politics. Knowing that my viewing & purchasing habits over the years have allowed this horrible power system to stay in place......

I need to go find some kitten videos now.

• Like 1

Also, I REFUSE to use the word "sex" - this is about power and harassment and not about penises and vaginas except as the pathway of abuse. Weinstein in "sex therapy" is fucking ridiculous. Though he's left, so.....

• Like 2

It's moved WAY beyond Harvey Weinstein so I figure I'd give it its own thread....

Director Toback being brought down. Bill O'Reilly settlements coming to light. Weinstein company coming down - board new and did nothing? Women all over the world saying #MeToo (as if we didn't know that.....) and men as well.

Saw one comment (I usually try NOT to read comments on other sites!) that Rob Reiner is the name that has been floated in the "pedophilia"/harassment ring in the Corey Haim/Corey Feldman case? I hadn't heard that before, though of course I'm aware of the Coreys assertions....Ick.

Rob Reiner??? Okay, this one actually shocks me. If true, I'm absolutely horrified. I hope all of these horrible monsters are outed.

• Like 5

New documentary to be made about harassment in Hollywood by duo who've made docs about sexual abuse in military and on college campuses. http://www.laineygossip.com/hollywood-sexual-assault-documentary-in-works-from-hunting-ground-filmmakers/48233

(also they note that Bryan Singer is a name that's been mentioned in the past re: pedophilia, so.....)

I'm on the fence when it comes to pedophilia & statutory rape cases, because sometimes I find the cases ridiculous - 17yr old with a 22 yr old? That's less of an age difference than me and my husband - and I was 17 when I went away to college)

I think the real problem in Hollywood (esp but also elsewhere) is the power imbalance, not the age difference.....

• Like 1

So true. Have to have some power to give consent - otherwise it's all coercive....

I feel that goes for the women AND men who went along, who didn't say anything, who....Were just trying to do their own job and get ahead. It's not perfect, far from, but I have empathy for them. Those who DID try to speak out 10, 15, 20 years ago - were completely ignored or worse. So what did they have to gain?

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1

This dirtbag has been very publicly called out on this for years. Not “everyone whispered about it” but flat out been in print before and no action taken against him. I’m sorry this stuff has been going on so long, but glad that they seem to be sweeping wide on this. The bad side is that it’s getting so big that I worry those who want to will start saying it’s all just a witch hunt and hysteria.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41736395

Terry Richardson: Photographer dropped by Conde Nast International

Fashion photographer Terry Richardson will no longer work with top magazines including Vogue and Glamour after being dropped by Conde Nast International.

Staff at the media group were told the move had immediate effect.

Richardson has previously faced accusations about the treatment of models but always denied any exploitation or misconduct.

Conde Nast International confirmed the content of the email, first reported by The Daily Telegraph.

The group publishes 143 editions of magazines including GQ, Vanity Fair, Wired and Conde Nast traveller.

Conde Nast's executive vice president James Woolhouse sent the message on Monday.

He told "country presidents" of magazine titles that any photography shoots by Richardson that had already taken place, but not been published, should be replaced with other images.

He wrote: "I am writing to you on an important matter. Condé Nast would like to no longer work with the photographer Terry Richardson.

"Any shoots that have been commission(ed) or any shoots that have been completed but not yet published, should be killed and substituted with other material.

"Please could you confirm that this policy will be actioned in your market effective immediately. Thank you for your support in this matter."

'Consenting adult women'

Richardson is known for his sexually explicit photo shoots of stars including Kylie Jenner, who had a calendar shot by him.

He's also directed videos like Miley Cyrus's Wrecking Ball and Beyonce's XO.

In 2014, the 52-year-old wrote an article for The Huffington Post in response to the "internet gossip and false accusations" against him.

He wrote that sexual imagery formed a part of his photography, adding: "I have never used an offer of work or a threat of rebuke to coerce someone into something that they did not want to do."

Richardson also referred to a 2004 gallery show which "depicted sexual situations", saying he "collaborated with consenting adult women who were fully aware of the nature of the work".

No new claims have been made about Richardson but previous allegations have resurfaced recently in an article in the Sunday Times.

The BBC has contacted Terry Richardson's representatives for a comment regarding the Conde Nast email.

• Like 2

Rumors about RIchardson and Toback have been around forever.

I thought Charlie Sheen was the name associated with the Coreys. Reiner would be shocking, especially since I just read an interview with him today where he said Weinstein was disgusting.

• Like 3

Rob Reiner??? Okay, this one actually shocks me. If true, I'm absolutely horrified. I hope all of these horrible monsters are outed.

I've seen Carl Reiner's name floated in the this context, but not Rob's. Either way - ick.

even Nashville

"Even" Nashivlle? C'mon - the music industry as a whole is just as patriarchal & power-imbalanced as Hollywood, and country music is ESPECIALLY hard on women.

It's everywhere. There is NO industry that is safe when the power/gender imbalance is as big as it has been and remains.....

• Like 2

^^^ Exactly. Its hard enough for a woman to get a fair amount of time on the radio and now another layer of issue exist. Its like frosting being added to a cake that shouldn't have been baked in the first place.

God bless you and Katie always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wonder how many other stories there are out of Nashville...whether or not they have been shared already.

• Like 1

And honestly - none of it is as bad as what our Women in uniform endure:(.

I hope this one breaks wide open after Hollywood. It gets coverage about every year or so and then silence....

• Like 2

Not just any 14 yr old - well known Broadway actor!!!

So, accused of harassment, acknowledged there have been blind items about him, comes out as gay. Interesting path, there.....Like, I'm sorry that hiding I was gay made me harass a child?

DNW4pkMUQAAe_eg.jpg

Seth McFarlane/Family Guy

www.youtube.com/embed/CpYf2xYFhTs

Edited by MissuTam

MR. X 10/28 **#4**
He's still in the closet, but that may change. This A-list actor who stars in several franchises is consulting with his lawyers to possibly come forward about the time he was raped by this openly gay billionaire mogul. Hopefully he does.

JANET CHARLTON 10/27
If you think the Harvey Weinstein scandal is HUGE, it could be the TIP OF THE ICEBERG! A large assortment of actresses are lining up to accuse a very famous and successful A-list director of all kinds of revolting crimes against women. This misogynistic guy was reasonably careful with his established female stars – he specialized in taking advantage of the young and desperate actresses competing for the smaller roles. No sex - no parts. He’s expected to offer a lot of money to settle the claims and shut everyone up, but the girls are DYING to spill the beans, and we hope the lurid facts leak out…

• Like 1

I'm assuming Janet Charlton is talking about James Cameron?

Oh duh - now I get it ;-) I could NOT come up with anything yesterday, but yeah, that ICEBERG in caps is a pretty big clue. I'm so dumb....Or numbed, I can't think!

• Like 1

I'm assuming Janet Charlton is talking about James Cameron?

Oh duh - now I get it ;-) I could NOT come up with anything yesterday, but yeah, that ICEBERG in caps is a pretty big clue. I'm so dumb....Or numbed, I can't think!

Don't feel bad, I read it at least five times before realizing certain things were capitalized. :wacko:

• Like 2

It’s Thursday. And so far this week, Kevin Spacey, Jeremy Piven, Brett Ratner, and Dustin Hoffman have been accused of sexual harassment and/or assault. Did I miss anyone? I feel like maybe I’m missing someone. It’s a f-cked up advent calendar that never ends.

http://www.laineygossip.com/dustin-hoffman-latest-accused-of-sexual-harassment-by-anna-graham-hunter-death-of-a-salesman-set-and-intro-for-november-2-2017/48309

[bold mine because I totally feel that way....]

• Like 3