Which couple will officially bite it in 2016?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

TMZ

Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber have ended their 11 year relationship ... TMZ has confirmed.

They released a joint statement saying, "Over the past few months we've come to the conclusion that the best way forward for us as a family is to separate as a couple."

TMZ learned they were on shaky ground as early as January, when they first discussed splitting, and were already living apart.

They say they'll still be raising their sons -- 9-year-old Alexander and 7-year-old Samuel -- together during "this new phase" of their relationship.

Liev and Naomi had been together since 2005 ... shortly before their first film together, "The Painted Veil" ... was released.

Not surprised in the least. I've heard all along that this relationship has always been difficult... he's annoyed she never converted to Judaism... a few years ago, he took some time away from the family to try to figure out if he wanted to stay in or get out.... oof. I was always tired, just reading about it. My prediction is that he'll marry to some siginificantly younger cutie within a couple of years.

• Like 1

Agreed. I've always heard they were shaky. But this reminds me of that article from the divorce attorney about slipping it in on the heels of a bigger profile divorce.

• Like 1

There were rumours of the split back in early february: http://www.laineygossip.com/Naomi-Watts-and-Liev-Schreiber-at-the-2016-Sceen-Actors-Guild-Awards-amid-breakup-rumours-and-Spotlight-wins-best-Ensemble/42923 This is most important bit (written February 1st, 2016)

There’s been some noise around Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber lately. I think it’s STAR Magazine that’s been calling a breakup? No one’s paying attention, really, because it’s STAR Magazine. Naomi wasn’t with Liev at the Golden Globes. That, presumably, was why STAR decided to jump on the story. Thing is, he’s been showing up consistently on her Instagram. And she was with him on Saturday at the SAGs and, well, sure, maybe they’re broken up but, you know, just like going to parties together. But by that rationale, you could say that of everyone in the room with a partner.

Also, there was a spread in Architectural Digest of "Naomi & Liev's" apartment in the February issue (now I'm assuming it was an apartment done up for one or the other of them to live in, post-split) and at the time I thought it was interesting that the kitchen counter was made to fit only 3 stools... http://ny.curbed.com/2016/2/8/10940540/peek-inside-naomi-watts-and-liev-schreibers-funky-tribeca-loft

I really thought there was a blind item about a couple that had a big magazine spread coming out and so they couldn't split right way. I felt like at the time we speculated it was Architectural Digest (or maybe that was in the blind, it was an older one) but I can't find it in the blind items forum. Does anyone else remember that one? I guess it could have been a wedding spread too, it just feels like something is crawling in the back of my memory.

• Like 1

I really thought there was a blind item about a couple that had a big magazine spread coming out and so they couldn't split right way. I felt like at the time we speculated it was Architectural Digest (or maybe that was in the blind, it was an older one) but I can't find it in the blind items forum. Does anyone else remember that one? I guess it could have been a wedding spread too, it just feels like something is crawling in the back of my memory.

Bullet #4?

http://www.fanchitchat.com/chatboard/index.php?showtopic=15820&hl=magazine

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember thinking that Blind was Ivanka Trump & Jared Kushner (I think that was Town & Country - I get that and AD so I'm easily confused)

I remember the AD spread for Naomi - I don't think Liev was photo'd or interviewed for that piece? So I'm guessing it'll be her apartment? ;-)

• Like 1

http://pagesix.com/2016/10/18/tobey-maguire-and-jennifer-meyer-split/

Tobey Maguire & Jennifer Meyer split. Not expecting that!

Me neither but not surprised in the slightest given all the talk about his gambling habits.

I always got the impression he married her because her Daddy is some bigwig movie executive. He wanted the connections.

• Like 2

Lainey has been going on about how she's the cool girl and he's reaching to get her back...

Yeah, get her back for Daddy's connections and trust fund... :D

• Like 1

Okay, only 1 month 'til the next divorce poll. Once again, there will be NO KARDASHIANS or Kardashian-adjacents included!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored:

If there's anyone you really want included: please feel free to suggest it in this thread in the coming weeks. :GroupHug: I have some thoughts but will also consider all requests, but don't want to get much griping from The Peanut Gallery when the final poll is posted! :rolleyes: :P :D Legally married, only (just bc it's easier to ascertain if a split has happened if they were legally wed vs. just shackin' up); prefer to have a variety of ages/ lengths of time married (eg. not a poll of all newlyweds); mostly couples where both people are famous in their own right, although occasionally I make exceptions (especially when it's the wife who's the famous one :alien_dance: ) I try to limit it to 15 couples to stop it from being unweildy.

Most years polls we've had pretty low turnover: eg. the majority of couples appear year after year (until they divorce... which most seem to, in Hollywood). But do you want to see fewer repeats in 2017, kind of like the way I tried to come up with lots of fresh names for the 2016 poll and removed some long-standing contestants (eg. Beyonce & JAyZ, Jada & Will, Jessica Biel & Justin)? Even if it means we might have less-famous couples and/or less interesting people? Again, I will read your thoughts but ultimately make my own decisions. :monkey: And any/ all of you are free to create your own polls, of course! :wub: :hellowave:

• Like 1

I'd consider keeping these in next year's poll:

Nicole Kidman and Keith

Victoria Beckham & David

Julia Roberts & Danny

Blake Lively & Ryan

Ones that got married in 2016 may want to add:

Eva Longoria and whoever

Shia LaBeouf and whoever

Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes (wait, are they married?? Conflicting reports)

Topher Grace and whoever

Jerry Hall and whoever

Michael Phelps and whoever

Josh Brolin and whoever

• Like 2

I'd consider keeping these in next year's poll:

Nicole Kidman and Keith

Victoria Beckham & David

Julia Roberts & Danny

Blake Lively & Ryan

I agree. I'd also suggest keeping Natalie Portman and Benjamin since there is that rumor/blind that the child she's carrying isn't his.

• Like 2

I'm tempted to re-add Garner & Affleck simply bc it doesn't seem like they're progressing with the divorce... and maybe never will. Rumor has it that she's had a lover for years, and he's off screwing random girls; staying married might suit them both just fine!