Kath

British Royals

Her Dad is such a douche. Lets make this all about him...

I hope he fades away, but somehow I feel like this is just the beginning

• Like 1

I cant decide if hes a douche or if hes an old man being manipulated by his douchey older kids. The daughter admitted the pictures were her idea. And then theres the brother who keeps publishing his handwritten open letter.

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 1

I'm guessing her family will milk this for the rest of their lives. At least Pippa is a little more subtle about it lol.

• Like 2

I'm sure the dad is no father of the year given that he has two older children who are incredibly messed up, and he was estranged from Meghan for a good chunk of her childhood IIRC, but I do think the British press is being harder on him than he deserves. To my knowledge he hasn't done anything like his older children, and in response to the nastiness of the British press Buckingham Palace put out a statement asking them to stop so I don't think he's as bad as he's being portrayed. Again, he doesn't seem like a great father either but he and Meghan did form some sort of relationship after their estrangement and she does/did intend to have him walk her down the aisle.

• Like 3

How to watch the royal wedding _ if you haven't got a ticket and you live in California

May 16, 2018 02:19 PM

Updated 1 hour 36 minutes ago

NEW YORK

The bad news: You don't have a ticket to Windsor Castle to watch the wedding on Saturday of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. The good news: There are plenty of options for watching it live from the comfort of your couch. Plus, it's really, really early for a lot of people.

NBC

All four hours of "Today" are devoted to the wedding, beginning at 1:30 a.m. Pacific Time with Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb reporting live from "an exclusive vantage point overlooking Windsor Castle." Megyn Kelly, Al Roker and Kathie Lee Gifford, as well as various correspondents, will also be on hand.

FOX News

Live coverage starts at 3 a.m. PT co-anchored by Shepard Smith and Sandra Smith from outside St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle. Ainsley Earhardt will also take part, co-hosting "FOX & Friends Weekend" live beginning at 2 a.m. PT and then joining coverage of the main event at 3 a.m. PT.

CNN

Anderson Cooper, Alisyn Camerota and Don Lemon will anchor coverage starting at 1 a.m. PT, along with royal correspondent Max Foster, CNNI anchor Richard Quest, senior international correspondent Clarissa Ward and fashion expert Joe Zee. CNN will replay the nuptials at 5 p.m. PT on Saturday and HLN will re-air at 12 p.m. PT.

ABC

A five-hour live edition of "Good Morning America" from Windsor Castle starts at 2 a.m. PT, hosted by "GMA" co-anchor Robin Roberts and "World News Tonight" anchor David Muir, along with a team of reporters and royal experts. It will also stream on ABCNews.com and GoodMorningAmerica.com.

BBC America

Beginning at 1 a.m. PT, the network is airing a live and direct simulcast of BBC One's coverage with limited commercial breaks. BBC America will also air wedding highlights throughout the day and an encore presentation of the wedding at 7 p.m. PT.

PBS

PBS will also be showing the wedding live at 1 a.m. PT. The coverage will include BBC presenters Kirsty Young, Huw Edwards, Dermot O'Leary, Tina Daheley, Alex Jones, Ore Oduba and Anita Rani.

E!

Five-hour live coverage from Windsor Castle starts at 2 a.m. PT with commentary from Giuliana Rancic, fashion stylist Brad Goreski and royal expert Melanie Bromley. The network will air "E! Royal Wedding Rundown," an hour-long recap special, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

E!

Five-hour live coverage from Windsor Castle starts at 2 a.m. PT with commentary from Giuliana Rancic, fashion stylist Brad Goreski and royal expert Melanie Bromley. The network will air "E! Royal Wedding Rundown," an hour-long recap special, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

Anyone think this is worth watching? Closest we'll get to another fashion police I think.

I'm guessing her family will milk this for the rest of their lives. At least Pippa is a little more subtle about it lol.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tmz.com/2018/05/16/meghan-markle-half-sister-samantha-hospitalized-broken-ankle

Didnt take long for that prediction to come true

Meghan Markle's half-sister reportedly hospitalized after encounter with paparazzi

Meghan Markle's half-sister, Samantha Grant, has reportedly been hospitalized after a confrontation with paparazzi in Florida.

According to TMZ, Grant's boyfriend, Mark, claims they were driving together near a toll booth when a paparazzi photographer veered his or her vehicle in front of them to try to get a clear shot. Mark allegedly swerved to the left in an attempt to avoid the photographer and hit a concrete barrier.

Grant, who has MS, reportedly hit the windshield and fell to the floor mat where she was unable to lift herself back up. He claims that her foot was twisted backwards and she had to be driven to the nearest E.R. where doctors are treating her.

The photographer allegedly fled the scene.

The news comes just days before Grant's half-sister is set to marry Prince Harry at the highly anticipated royal wedding on Saturday. As previously reported, Grant has been turning the traditional British occasion into a bit of a media circus by airing the family's dirty laundry in the public eye.

Most notably, she recently took the blame for Markle's father, Thomas, participating in staged paparazzi photos designed to improve his image. This prompted Thomas to flip flop on whether or not he'd attend the royal wedding. Ultimately, he was forced to undergo heart surgery on Wednesday and must remain on bedrest.

Now it seems that Grant too is going to be in the hospital for an undetermined amount of time. She, however, did not receive an invite to the royal wedding on Saturday and hasn't been shy about making the bad blood between them public.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

©2018 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

Edited by dixiedoodah

I'm trying to figure out my 2nd channel to record. I don't like guiliana so E would be a hard choice for me. But if it's fashiony....

• Like 1

family-feud-5.jpg

The Bigs Versus The Smalls

May 17, 2018

[Blind Gossip]

This story involves one wedding and two families. Let’s call them Big Family and Small Family.

Actress Small’s relatives are are seething today over Actress’ influence on the media. They say that she is seriously damaging their entire family.

[The Smalls] were all set to make some money by doing commentary on her and the wedding. However, a liaison for [big Family] called in a favor to keep them off the air! (Actually, it might have been more of a threat than a favor.) Basically, their liaison told the program that if they put any of [small’s] relatives on air, [big Family] would consider it a “grievous breach of decorum” and would cut off the program and possibly the network from future access to Actress Small and the entire [big Family].

The program and the network panicked. It only took about an hour for them to capitulate and cancel on [The Smalls]. [The Smalls ] did put up an enormous fuss about it. They were going on about [Actress] and [The Bigs] and how everyone was conspiring to hurt their family.

Fuss all you like, Smalls! You are not going to mess with The Bigs OR Actress Small’s “big day”!

Similar: Vacation Ingratiation

Actress Smalls:

Big Family:

[Optional] What do you think of the behavior of The Bigs and The Smalls leading up to the wedding?

• Like 2

Jeez I feel bad for her. The whole ugly white trash American show in full force.

But more importantly, my nightly news said the rumor is Eugenie is pregnant. Any thoughts on how much she hates her family if she really is and now cant get married until October?

• Like 2

Jeez I feel bad for her. The whole ugly white trash American show in full force.

But more importantly, my nightly news said the rumor is Eugenie is pregnant. Any thoughts on how much she hates her family if she really is and now cant get married until October?

That whole side of the family is a bit off -- Fergie is all bent because she wasn't invited to some dinner. Something about Charles being embarrassed about the toe sucking pics -- this coming from a man who said he wished he was Camilla's tampon.

As far as Meghan's family -- they are all bent because they were not invited. Given they way they are acting I don't blame her.

Any word on who will walk her down the aisle?

• Like 1

I was really hoping she'd walk the aisle herself. Ah well.

Eugenie pregnant?? Hmm. It's a conundrum...she's old enough she needs to have it, but awkward timing....

I recorded two Harry and Meghan lifetime movies - regular and special edition. But special edition is shorter timewise! Fewer commercials?? Which version do I watch??

I was hoping she would walk herself down then aisle too. Oh well... will be interesting to see if Charles says her mother and I give her away, or what. They ask that question in royal weddings, right?

Relating to this blind, Ive noticed that all articles in the British press that Ive seen today only say Charles is stepping in because of her fathers ill health. There is no longer any mention of the fact that he dropped out before the health thing.

family-feud-5.jpg

The Bigs Versus The Smalls

May 17, 2018

[Blind Gossip]

This story involves one wedding and two families. Lets call them Big Family and Small Family.

Actress Smalls relatives are are seething today over Actress influence on the media. They say that she is seriously damaging their entire family.

[The Smalls] were all set to make some money by doing commentary on her and the wedding. However, a liaison for [big Family] called in a favor to keep them off the air! (Actually, it might have been more of a threat than a favor.) Basically, their liaison told the program that if they put any of [smalls] relatives on air, [big Family] would consider it a grievous breach of decorum and would cut off the program and possibly the network from future access to Actress Small and the entire [big Family].

The program and the network panicked. It only took about an hour for them to capitulate and cancel on [The Smalls]. [The Smalls ] did put up an enormous fuss about it. They were going on about [Actress] and [The Bigs] and how everyone was conspiring to hurt their family.

Fuss all you like, Smalls! You are not going to mess with The Bigs OR Actress Smalls big day!

Similar: Vacation Ingratiation

Actress Smalls:

Big Family:

[Optional] What do you think of the behavior of The Bigs and The Smalls leading up to the wedding?

My boss is in London for business. Talked to her today, everyone has gone bonkers. So it's not just us :D

• Like 2

I was hoping she would walk herself down then aisle too. Oh well... will be interesting to see if Charles says her mother and I give her away, or what. They ask that question in royal weddings, right?

The Daily Mail are reporting that those words wont feature today. The whole article is a palace pr masterclass actually.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5746469/RICHARD-KAY-Prince-Charles-came-rescue.html

I am only interested to see the dress - the big event is really the Scottish Cup final :) :)

Edited by Wordsworth
  • Like 2

Idris Elba first "famous" person to show up, with Oprah right behind him. Don't love her dress but her hat rocks. BBCAMerica laughing that Americans aren't comfortable with hats, but they clearly don't know African-American women and their church hats.....

Victoria Beckham just never smiles, does she? ;-) I do like her dark blue dress though. Chelsy Davy also looking stunning in dark blue with a HAT that sparks. Fun!!

Amal & George look lovely though it's not at all my fave color. Very few can carry off mustard but she looks amazing.