Hoyaheel

Talk Shows

We don't have a thread on talk shows (or on Benedict Cumberbatch, the horror) so I decided to start this, because it's more about how much I love the Graham Norton show than it really is about how fantastic this bit with Benedict Cumberbatch doing Beyonce's walk

http://www.socialitelife.com/watch-benedict-cumerbatch-does-the-beyonce-crazy-in-love-walk-and-all-is-right-in-the-world-10-2014

Granted - I don't watch talk shows in the US (other than the Today show on the mornings when I'm working from home) Maybe it's because I never think they're nearly as funny as Graham Norton. Half the time I never even know who the stars are on the show, but I'm still laughing....

I love the Graham Norton show

My mother watches that show and loves it, she talks about it often. She said to me last week "I was watching Taylor Swift be interviewed on Graham's show" and I just about fell over - I didn't think she knew who Taylor Swift was :D

Taylor Swift was amazing on it, I liked her so much more when I'd finished watching it. The episode with Matt Damon, Bill Murray and Hugh Bonneville might be the best ever episode though.

The Graham Norton Show is the best chat show on UK tv.

Taylor Swift was amazing on it, I liked her so much more when I'd finished watching it. The episode with Matt Damon, Bill Murray and Hugh Bonneville might be the best ever episode though.

My mother starts giggling every time she tells me about that episode :D

I don't watch it all the time, but every time I catch an episode, I wonder why I *don't* watch it every week. Must set to record!

DUane Johnson (The Rock) on Graham Norton is CHARMING! I mean, he just followed George Clooney and I'm loving him (how many people can stand up to George Clooney? None! I mean, George was on with some woman and with Hugh Laurie, promoting Tomorrowland, and I love Hugh Laurie, and I literally cannot remember a thing that anyone else said other than Clooney....)

Watching Graham Norton again (yes, obsessed) and Matthew Perry is on. British actress Miriam Margolyes is cracking me up, BUT - why does Perry sound so weird? Sounds like he's chewing on something or gummy, just had dental work? Anyone else watch?

http://alwayslookforthebrightside.blogspot.no/2016/02/janfeb-2016-our-azamara-journey-was.html?spref=fb

Graham Norton is still the only talk show I enjoy. And I just fell in love with pretty pretty Niall Horan and his dead dead eyes.....

(ok Chris O'Dowd was effing hysterical too - catching up on old episodes as I've been traveling ;-)

• Like 1

Yup, I finally plugged Graham Norton into my TiVo and have been enjoying the episodes. Still haven't seen the Matt Damon/Bill Murray one everyone keeps talking about. Hopefully they re-run it!

• Like 1

Currently watching the Carrie Fisher episode of Graham Norton. oh god. She's amazing and I'm sad all over again.

That was the last thing I saw of her on TV before she passed.

• Like 1

Christie Brinkley co-hosting with Kathie Lee this morning (I'm working from home....) Dear god, she's bad at this. She can't read a teleprompter and she's not really good at impromptu....When she gets animated telling a story, she's ok.....

ETA But fuuuuuuuuck she looks good.

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1

[We don't have a Keanu Reeves thread in GEneral gossip? Eek!]

Graham Norton - Whoopi Goldberg & Keanu Reeves - hysterical! The Balding Pudenda.....

Also, we've noted this before, Keanu does NOT FUCKING AGE. He's beautiful. I love him when he's laughing. I love that Whoopi is making him laugh!!

• Like 1

Ryan Seacrest will co-host Live with Kelly Ripa. Oh ugh. Glad I don't watch that show (except when I'm stuck at nail salon - but they don't open until 9:30 and the show airs 9-10 here - I usually end up having to watch Rachael Ray.....Which is better, at least.)

http://pagesix.com/2017/05/01/ryan-seacrest-is-kelly-ripas-new-live-co-host/

Ryan Seacrest :huh: I am usually working when this airs, so I never get to watch. Hope it works out for them. I thought he was west coast...is he moving to NY?

Edited by MissuTam

Faith Hill and Kellie Pickler will also launch a talk show.

If you were going to country, I would have gone with Trisha Yearwood who already has a show on FoodTv --

• Like 1

Ryan Seacrest :huh: I am usually working when this airs, so I never get to watch. Hope it works out for them. I thought he was west coast...is he moving to NY?

Says he'll do the show in New York 4 days a week and be in LA the other 3. I'm guessing they'll shoot compressed weeks or there will be a guest on Fridays? And they don't shoot 12 months a year, right? I think they have a summer sabbatical?