#21 cydonia

cydonia

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5581 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

I've given up:

Bones - enough. Done with it. Too cute for it's own good these days.

Real Time with Bill Maher
- this is the first season I haven't watched. I first stopped watching b/c for some reason the sound is always low (I have DISH) and it was hard to hear. After a few weeks, I realized that I didn't miss it.

#22 Hihomumio

Hihomumio

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2348 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:09 PM

American Idol, Dancing with the Stars: both have seriously jumped the shark. I'll admit though that I like Simon Cowell. I dvr a great many shows and for the most part, once I hear a new show has not been picked up I drop the show like a hot potato. No sense in spending my time watching a show that is going nowhere. Dirty Sexy Money, Sarah Connor Chronicles are recent shows I can think of. There are two others I like a lot that are not coming back: Harper's Island (which was only set up as a 13 episode show initially anyway so I did not expect more) and Kings starring Ian McShane, an actor I've liked for quite some time. So much for network tv trying to compete with cable if they couldn't wait to dump Kings :tantrum: At this rate, network tv is going to either be only soaps, talk shows, game shows, news shows, and reality shows or it will disappear due to lack of interest.

Edited by Hihomumio, 16 May 2009 - 12:11 PM.

#23 l1zz1e

l1zz1e

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1425 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

Lost - drug out too far, all tease, no reveal

#24 alpierce

alpierce

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1707 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:14 AM

Any TV show by JJ Abrams. I really cant stand the way he shocks viewers with something you never expected and then tries to justify it later on. I didn't watch Felicity much, but this was used in Alias constantly and it is a tool continually used in Lost which I haven't watched since Season 1. If this is where TV is going, it's no wonder I don't watch it much. True blood: Could be interesting since there is no hero and villain on this show, but this season's storyline was a two part show that they decided to expand into an entire season In my opinion. On this show, it's the other characters who hold my interest, not the main stars so much. Hung: Not a very funny comedy or a drama. I doubt I'll keep watching it next season.
Blind Item Junkie

We are the Americans
You will be assimilated!
Resistance is futile!

#25 Serendipity

Serendipity

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:02 AM

Seasons 1 & 2 of "Dancing With the Stars." Now, I can't tell the "stars" from the dancers. Or the differentiate the dancers from each other, now that most have gone frosted blonde. "CSI." So many cast changes, it's like a new show and kind of boring. "Ugly Betty." Just got dull; no good story lines.
"We're all sisters under the mink." - gangster moll Gloria Graham to blackmailer Jeanette Nolan in "The Big Heat" 1953

#26 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

I don't think there are any shows I've stopped watching this season. I'm picky in the beginning of the season - we "audition" new shows to see which we want to keep on the DVR schedule :4biggrin: But I can't think of any that have dropped off. I dropped Greys Anatomy & Private Practice last year - I was recording and never wanted to watch them, so that told me something.....

#27 Hihomumio

Hihomumio

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2348 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

Glee. Not my thing at all. Jury is still out for Hank, The Middle, Eastwick, Vampire Diaries, Flash Forward. I'm sure there will be others though.

#28 daq

daq

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:14 PM

I think I can finally stick a fork in Heroes.

#29 HoneyBunny

HoneyBunny

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:52 AM

Survivor- good riddance
:hellowave:

#30 akua123

akua123

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:55 PM

I also liked Ugly Betty at first, but has gotten steadily worse. As they've moved it to Fridays this year, it's probably going to be its last season!

#31 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

I gave up on Bones. I was too annoyed after the whole Zach thing and I hated the whole Angela/Hodges break-up as well(mostly the reasons for it). The show is nothing like it used to be, I barely recognized Booth by the end of my viewing experience and I got really really sick of the damn anvils regarding Booth&Brennan.

I gave up on Bones, then saw a new episode recently - why did Angela and Hodges break up?!?!

#32 e-lin

e-lin

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:46 PM

I thought I read that Ugly Betty was cancelled and now it is back! This must be the last year for it. Other shows I think need to be cancelled- Desparate Housewives, Lost, Heroes, that Christine show with whats her name from Seinfield, Law and Order SVU, CSI Miami with the red headed guy . I really like The Middle..it reminds me of early Roseanne shows just because the humor is pretty real and true to life. I think at one time or another we all can identify with its siturations lol!!!!!

#33 Maxiemom

Maxiemom

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3215 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

Law & Order: SVU without a doubt. The stories just descended in to silliness as soon as Mariska Hargitay became Emmy eligible and have been worse with each subsequent season. "Jumping the shark" doesn't even scratch the surface of how far it's fallen.

#34 Hihomumio

Hihomumio

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2348 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:28 PM

Survivor- good riddance
:hellowave:

this would be my response for virtually ALL the reality shows out there because the LAST thing those shows are is real (there are some though, like Deadliest Catch, which are very watchable but I see them as a whole different genre).

#35 annabeast

annabeast

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4304 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

The Bachelor. Does this really need an explanation?
I know that dude. - Jeff Spicoli, Fast Times at Ridgemont High

#36 theempress

theempress

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:29 PM

Law & Order: SVU without a doubt. The stories just descended in to silliness as soon as Mariska Hargitay became Emmy eligible and have been worse with each subsequent season. "Jumping the shark" doesn't even scratch the surface of how far it's fallen.

It's a shame, especially since the first few seasons were quite good, I thought. Now, L&O:CI and the original L&O are far superior, but SVU seems to be the show that gets all the hype.
"If you're going to lie to me, you lie to me with respect."

#37 sheila

sheila

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

I get bored with shows amazingly fast, and there's very little "appointment television" that I watch. I usually just channel surf when I want TV. Shows I used to watch pretty regularly but gave up on: Weeds Lost Real Time w/ Bill Maher Shows I have on the DVR: Glee Grey's Anatomy I actually gave up on Grey's Anatomy for a season or so, but came back after I had a baby. It was my ONE HOUR a week that I made my husband watch the boy while I had guaranteed peace and quiet baby-free time. I didn't even mind the Ghost Denny thing. Chandra Wilson is worth watching by herself! And the season finale where George was in the accident was one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen. Doesn't Big Love start back tonight?? We had to give up HBO due to $$$$$$. I am heartbroken that I can't see that show anymore. My current guilty pleasure? "Say Yes to the Dress" and "What Not to Wear." Actually, probably almost anything on TLC. :unsure:

Edited by sheila, 10 January 2010 - 05:13 PM.

#38 KikiTopaz

KikiTopaz

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:19 AM

Sheila, I am addicted to "Say Yes to the Dress" since my daughter asked me to help plan her wedding. We found her dress (couture) at a huge discount and I'm shocked by how much $$ people spend on their dress at Kleinfeld's. I watch David Turturro's show but I absolutely cannot stand and no longer watch "Bridezillas" because some of those brides-to-be are just whiny, immature and selfish.

#39 virginia4

virginia4

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

Has anyone seen the Office lately? Not good. Micheal Scott really made that show.

#40 tyler

tyler

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4609 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

I dropped out Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice awhile ago. Any and all of the CSI's are likewise dust these days. I only watch if the old ones come on A&E. Current guilty pleasures RHOBH. Please don't ask why -- maybe I am just mystified that all that collagen actually moves.

“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”

Alfred, Batman and applicable today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users