52 replies to this topic

#21 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:17 AM

I am surprised Kathy left, but I suppose she got what she wanted out of it - a huge PR boost.  I am shocked though they they are all using G's pot joke as a reason to jump ship.

#22 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

Kathy Griffin didn't really use the pot joke - she said she didn't want to participate in body shaming. I can't help but support her in that.

You have to wonder though - Kathy knew what the show was going in (and to be fair, Joan didn't usually body shame, but she'd say whatever she thought was funny, so sometimes she did....)

I still think the show is a clusterf*ck behind the scenes and that's why everyone is jumping ship.

#23 Lady Frost

Lady Frost

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

She said, they said, she said, they said...

Kathy Griffin 'Fashion Police' We're Done with Her ... And Right Back Atcha

Kathy Griffin was about to get fired before she railed on "Fashion Police" and quit the show ... so claim sources connected with the production, but Kathy says it's a lie ... she's wanted to quit from the get-go.

We're told there was a pitch meeting for the show several days ago in which someone in the room pitched an idea called "Whore Score." We're told the idea was rejected because it was too mean.

Kathy ranted about the segment idea saying, "Name calling and alliteration with no comedic context is simply the lowest hanging fruit." She then made "Fashion Police" sound old school and tired.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2...olice-quit-show

Edited by Lady Frost, 13 March 2015 - 02:40 PM.

#24 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7340 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:22 PM

Not to be the Lit Police (haha), but "Whore Score" isn't an example of alliteration. It is, however, low-hanging fruit. Lame all around.

I would LOVE to hear Joan's take on all this!!

#25 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

‘Fashion Police’ In Crisis: How Giuliana Rancic’s Diva Demands Secretly Sunk The Show
Posted on  

Mar 13, 2015 @ 14:51PM

RadarOnline.com

As Fashion Police goes down in flames, some have blamed Giuliana Rancic’s controversial comments for the sudden implosion. But RadarOnline.com has learned that while insiders say Rancic is largely to blame for Kathy Griffin and Kelly Osbourne’s departures, it was not her crass jokes but her diva behavior that sent them packing!

According to an insider, Osbourne and Griffin “couldn’t deal with Giuliana’s diva behavior!”

“Giuliana’s entourage of a stylist, make-up artist, and assistant, plus her constant need for attention, were absolutely stunning to Kathy,” the insider told Radar. “Kathy is extremely low-maintenance, and doesn’t need to pay people to follow her around all day.”

“Tapings of Fashion Police were awful because Giuliana constantly needed to have her make-up re-touched,” the insider revealed. “Her face was always in front of a mirror. Kathy wanted to turn it into a skit for her comedy act!”

“Giuliana was always seeking approval and compliments from the crew of Fashion Police,” the source continued. “And if she wasn’t being validated, there were tears. This is a grown woman, not a teenager.”

According to the source, if anyone deserved the VIP treatment, it was Griffin.

“What is Giuliana’s talent exactly? She interviews celebrities on the red carpet, big deal. Kathy is actually a very established and funny comedienne,” the source said. “When was the last time Giuliana sold out a venue, as Kathy does when she performs?”

Griffin will be focusing on her road show in upcoming weeks since she quit Fashion Police Thursday night.

Admitting she was not on board with the show’s “creative direction,” she called out the occasional body shaming that came with the couture critiques.

“There is plenty to make fun of in pop culture without bringing people’s bodies into it,” Griffin said. “I do not want to use my comedy to contribute to a culture of unattainable perfectionism and intolerance towards difference.”

The source explained, “Kathy just thought the environment at Fashion Police was very toxic, and felt like something from Mean Girls. It was very cliquish, and Kathy always felt like the outsider. She just didn’t want to put up with it anymore, and quit.”

#26 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:09 PM

Honestly, I can't think of anything to say about Giuliana that isn't just mean. I do NOT understand how that woman made it in such a looks-based industry. For that reason alone I belive she has the room to be incredibly insecure and I totally buy that about her. Especially because I think her husband probably totally feeds into her insecurity.

Edited by dixiedoodah, 14 March 2015 - 03:09 PM.

#27 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:58 AM

TMZ

Kathy Griffin and Kelly Osbourne tried to derail the "Fashion Police" train by quitting the show ... but the network is keeping it and going full steam ahead ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with production tell TMZ ... E! execs have already met to discuss the future of the show and they plan to recast the open spots and possibly create a different show with the same concept.

We're told execs realized Kathy wasn't the star Joan Rivers was and are ready to find new replacements. 

TMZ broke the story Kathy wanted final say on the additions, but it looks like Melissa Rivers now has the crown.

#28 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:19 AM

TMZ

but it looks like Melissa Rivers now has the crown.

Melissa Rivers has been the Exec Producer so she has ALWAYS had the crown. Perhaps if they hired someone with better ratings than Joan (who??!! Impossible!) it might change, but....

I still think they should shutter the show and everyone should move on. I think Guiliana should move WAY on. Like, out of Hollywood and off E!

#29 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7340 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:52 AM

Anyone familiar with Bianca Del Rio? She's the only one who could fill Joan's shoes and do as good a job, in my opinion. Don't think E! would go for it, though -- bummer.

#30 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:09 AM

Hiatus until September. Good. Maybe they'll decide to go quietly into that dark night.....

http://pagesix.com/2...ntil-september/

#31 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:59 PM

http://defamer.gawke...lice-1692121398

Interesting Defamer article. Didn't know that Tony Tripoli was let go - I always loved him on Joan Knows Best (the reality show of JOan living with Melissa which I still haven't deleted from my DVR record history :-()

#32 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:40 AM

Melissa Rivers Slams Kathy Griffin: She "S--t All Over My Mother's Legacy"

CELEBRITY NEWSMAY. 14, 2015 AT 9:50AM BY ALLISON TAKEDA

usmagazine.com

No love lost here. Melissa Rivers was not happy with the way Kathy Griffin left Fashion Police back in March. In an interview with the Today show's Hoda Kotb at the 92nd Street Y in New York City on Wednesday, May 13, the Book of Joan author, 47, confessed that Griffin's exit statement rubbed her the wrong way.

"It wasn't a match on a lot of levels," she began diplomatically, after jokingly asking whether anyone was filming her conversation with Kotb. 

Rivers went on to say that she felt Griffin did a disservice to her late mother, the comedienne Joan Rivers, who died last September at age 81. The My Life on the D-List star replaced Joan on Fashion Police in December, but left just a few months later amid controversy over co-host Giuliana Rancic's remarks regarding Zendaya's Oscars dreadlocks.

"My biggest complaint was the feeling that she kind of s--t all over my mother's legacy in her statement on leaving," Melissa told Kotb. "And I know that that was not an intentional reading of it, but that's how I felt...That was my takeaway, by [her] calling the comedy and the style of it old-fashioned. It's like, I understand what you're doing, you're trying to save yourself, but don't crap all over my mother to do it."

She added: "That was very personal. But as a professional, that was her choice, that's what she did. No harm, no foul, moving on."

Griffin's statement at the time didn't include the specific phrase "old-fashioned," but it did suggest that the show contributed "to a culture of unattainable perfectionism and intolerance towards difference."

"When I chose to step into the shoes of my beloved Joan Rivers at Fashion Police, I was thrilled to continue her legacy as a woman being brash and eccentric on television. I am a freedom-loving female and gay rights activist who loves to find the funny in all people, attitudes, beliefs, and appearances, but only when the context permits intelligent humor," she said in March.

"My brand of humor, while unrepentant and unafraid, is all about CONTEXT," she continued. "I hope to continue to make you all laugh performing live or on television where I can be smart, irreverent, unrepentant, and unafraid in an observational way that is candid, honest, and justified." 

Melissa, for her part, thinks the show's problems began as soon as Joan passed away. She even went so far as to say the debacle over Zendaya "never would have happened" if Joan were alive.

"I think there might be a little bit of a twinkle in her eye, saying, 'Y'all couldn't do it without me, could ya?'" she quipped when Kotb asked how Joan might react to the current state of Fashion Police, which is on hiatus until the fall. "And then after that I think she'd be a little bit frustrated." 

Regarding the Zendaya controversy, which led to the departure of longtime co-host Kelly Osbourne, she said, "If something like that had happened and my mother had been alive, her reaction immediately would have been, 'Oh, please, all this over a wig?' Literally, it was a wig! Let's just all relax." 

She continued: "[Joan] would have called Giuliana and yelled at Giuliana, she would have called Kelly and yelled at Kelly, and said 'Stop it.' She would have listened to them both cry and complain about each other. And she'd be like, 'Okay, is everyone over it? Let's go to work and make a funny show.'"

#33 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:07 PM

Melissa Rivers joins Fashion Police

Daughter of the late Joan Rivers joins the E! fashion show

BY LYNETTE RICE • @LYNETTERICE

Entertainment Weekly

... Rather than find another permanent host, E! plans to rotate in celebrity guests when the show returns for six episodes, starting with coverage of fashion at MTV’s Video Music Awards.

Full article:  http://www.ew.com/ar...-fashion-police

That's what I've been saying all this time!!   :mellow:

#34 colorine

colorine

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:56 PM

I think she will do a good job.  I really miss this show.

#35 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:09 PM

I don't love Melissa on her own as a host. I loved when she and Joan did the red carpet together. But if she has an acerbic host she can bounce off of, it might work...

#36 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

Rancic also revealed that Fashion Police will return in August to offer their thought on this year’s MTV VMAs.  

Read more: http://www.usmagazin...6#ixzz3dQubWAId

#37 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:54 PM

Some Things Never Change, and Then Sometimes, All the Things Change
9/1/2015 8:00 AM PDT, by Sarah Taylor
0901-fish-split-rivers-2.jpg
Melissa Rivers, believe it or not, is in both of these pictures above, but recent photo is the photo on the right. 

It's amazing how some things change, and then how some things change to the point of no return. 

Good luck with "Fashion Police," girl -- you're gonna shake things up for sure, but you've just about filled those fabulous shoes left vacant by your mom's departure. Get it! 

Read more: http://www.fishwrapp.../#ixzz3kcIiRbNK 

#38 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:54 PM

Anyone else watch the new episode?  Little bumpy, but I'm hoping another episode or two will smooth things out.  :huh:

#39 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

I need to record the VMA episode but also wanted to let you know that they're airing a tribute to Joan episode tonight (Tomorrow is the 1yr anniversary of her death) So I need to remember to get both into the DVR as soon as i get home!!

#40 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:49 AM

OK, the Joan memorial episode was nice! I hadn't watched it regularly (usually just the award show episodes) so it was nice to see highlights, as well as bloopers. As Melissa said - remembering Joan the only way she'd want to be remembered - with laughter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users