52 replies to this topic

#41 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:56 PM

Haven't watched the Joan memorial episode yet, but on my list for this holiday weekend!

#42 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:52 AM

Watching a "regular" episode now. I like Melissa hosting. Guiliana bugs me (somewhat less this year) but I really don't like Brad. So far the concept of "deputies" (guest hosts) I think works out. Margaret Cho is funny, and tonight also has Lisa Rinna and she's doing a great job too.

#43 Baby Doll

Baby Doll

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:12 AM

Hoyaheel, on 11 Sept 2015 - 1:52 PM, said:

Watching a "regular" episode now. I like Melissa hosting. Guiliana bugs me (somewhat less this year) but I really don't like Brad. So far the concept of "deputies" (guest hosts) I think works out. Margaret Cho is funny, and tonight also has Lisa Rinna and she's doing a great job too.

I'm seeing that they may try to make Margaret Cho a regular, which I think is a great idea. I hadn't thought of her when they first came back, but she was really good on both episodes so far. Good fashion sense and very funny. Don't like Guiliana or Brad, though. Find them annoying. Melissa's doing pretty good at hosting, but she really need someone funny on the panel to boost things up. (Sorry, Melissa, but you didn't inherit your mama's funny.)

#44 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:25 AM

I think that Melissa has been to the plastic surgeon too....Her face looks pulled really tight on the episode right now. 

#45 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:26 AM

Not even going to bother putting this in BI forum:

MR. X 12/16 **#1**
Some behind the scenes meetings are going on which will make what happened on The View ho hum. This cable talk show is going to do a reboot and bring back the hated comic actress that was previously asked to leave. If she can get sober, they will also bring back the foreign born celebrity.

#46 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:37 AM

Kathy and Kelly together again? WTF are they thinking? They need to get rid of annoying Brad and annoying skinny chick (sorry, brain freeze). Keep Margaret Cho. Don't let NeNe or Amber Rose guest any more either.

#47 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:02 PM

I actually thought Kathy did a decent job, mostly because she knew she was there for the jokes and not the real fashion advice.  If they could get another person on the show to give the real fashion advice, keep Kathy for the jokes (both roles Joan Rivers did so well, I miss her!) and then add a third host to bridge the two - Melissa Rivers? - the show could really work.  Throw in different guest hosts and could be real fun :)

#48 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 04:54 AM

Ha - ask and I shall receive - Margaret Cho going "full time" http://pagesix.com/2...fashion-police/

I do wonder if Melissa & Kathy get along to cohost - Melissa would have been the EP when Kathy was hosting which sort of indicates they might not have gotten along all that well. But if Melissa is anything like Joan - she'll do anything it takes to make a GOOD show, and if that means working with Kathy....(if Kathy can work with others....) I really do hope they get the right formula worked out!!!

I do like it better as an occasional show - after awards - instead of weekly....

(I think my problem with most of the other hosts is I do not like their fashion ideas - I haven't liked any of the stylists and I've never liked Guiliana in anything....so if the right combo is comedian + fashion + bridge - I do not know who I vote for "fashion"....)

Edited by Hoyaheel, 18 December 2015 - 04:56 AM.

#49 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:27 PM

Loving the "last look" bit they do at the end of the show.

Melissa really has filled the "I miss Joan" role pretty well for me.  The others have grown on me a bit, but I do wish they had more "guest" people on like they use to do.

#50 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:22 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

They're ending :-(

https://pagesix.com/...finale-special/

Though I don't think I realized it's been on as long as it has. I know the format has changed....

#51 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

I just came here to post the tragic news too :(

Fashion Police Announces Series Finale Episode With Never-Before-Seen Clips of Joan Rivers

http://www.eonline.c...-title-latest-5

#52 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:37 AM

Watching the Farewell show now. GOD I miss Joan Rivers. One of a kind and fucking hysterical. I'm laughing and crying!

#53 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:46 AM

I haven't watched it yet, I'm saving it for when I really need it.  So sad the show is over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users