Sign in to follow this  
princess

Alicia Keys

50 Cent -- Alicia, You Ignorant Slut!

50's on the warpath again -- where's Ja Rule when you need him?!

Fiddy is blasting Alicia Keys for sayin', "Gangsta rap was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other." 50 Cent now responds, "I don't like people who don't like me ... that statement changes my perception of Alicia Keys totally. It's just not really a bright comment ..." Apparently, it takes being shot nine times to gain that kind of wisdom!

For her part, Keys now says the comment was taken out of context. A little scared, Alicia?

50 tells Showbuzz that in his eyes, Keys is now in the same category as Oprah. As in what -- filthy rich and all-powerful?

Source: TMZ

Janet Jackson has a crush on Alicia Keys

BANG Showbiz

Janet Jackson has a crush on Alicia Keys.

The 'Together Again' star - who has been dating record producer Jermaine Dupri since 2002 - thinks Alicia is "wonderful" and admires both her beauty and talent.

When asked who she would have a lesbian fling with, Janet replied: "I think I would pick Alicia Keys. I think she's wonderful."

Janet believes people often question the sexual orientation of Alicia and US TV talk show host Oprah Winfrey because they are such "strong" characters.

She explained: "They are strong women. Maybe they want to put something else behind it because of the strength. Like, you can't be a woman and be strong, and there has to be something else to it."

Although Janet is happy to speculate about lesbian flings, she insists she would be devastated if Jermaine revealed he was gay.

She added to US TV network E!: "I'd be upset because I want to be with him! It's so funny because I joke with him, 'It drives me crazy to be a girl sometimes, so in my next life I'm going to come back as a guy, and you're going to be my b***h!' "

The 41-year-old star also revealed she wants gay marriage legalized and is worried she will "jinx" her relationship if she decides to tie the knot again.

Janet said: "I think it's about finding your soulmate. It's finding that person you connect with, but most people don't get it right. Look at me. The thing is I don't know if I ever will or won't get married again. I'm very happy where I am. I just think I jinx marriages, but that's not going to stop me from loving."

Janet was married to James DeBarge from 1984 to 1985 and to Rene Elizondo Jr. from 1986 to 1999.

Alicia Keys scraps two shows on new tour

Alicia Keys has canceled two shows on her newly launched North American tour because of swollen vocal cords, her record label said on Wednesday.

The 27-year-old R&B singer scrapped Tuesday's show in Pittsburgh, the third stop of the tour, and has also pulled the plug on Thursday's concert in Cleveland.

The tour is expected to resume in Columbus on Saturday. Tickets for the Cleveland show will be honored at Columbus, said J Records.

Keys' tour, to promote her chart-topping album "As I Am," began last Saturday in Hampton, Va.

Sore throats must be contagious on the tour. One of Keys' opening acts, 2007 "American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks, has been unable to perform because of an acute vocal cord hemorrhage. Her Jive Records label expected her to join the trek in May.

Dates are on tap through June 18 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Reuters/Nielsen

Alicia Keys cancels concert in Cleveland

Alicia Keys has scrapped a concert in Cleveland after canceling her show in Pittsburgh earlier this week.

A message posted on her Web site says the 27-year-old R&B singer has swollen vocal cords. She was scheduled to perform Thursday night at Cleveland State University's Wolstein Center.

Keys plans to perform in Columbus on Saturday night.

Fans with tickets to the Cleveland show will have their tickets honored at Value City Arena in Columbus. They can also get a refund.

Keys isn't the only one on her tour with vocal problems. "American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks was one of the opening acts, but she's now under a doctor's care and resting her voice, probably until next month.

___

Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press

Alicia Keys Blames New York Weather For canceled Concerts

By WENN

Alicia Keys is blaming New York's unpredictable weather for her bad throat - claiming a live outdoor gig in the city left her with swollen vocal chords. The singer canceled gigs in Pennsylvania on Tuesday and Ohio on Thursday, after an early morning Manhattan performance for TV show Today on Monday left her unable to sing.

Her spokesperson Theola Borden reveals, "It was really cold outside. That was a bit strenuous on her. Afterwards, she went to rehearsal in Pittsburgh but wasn't feeling up to par. She felt she needed to cancel rather than give a sub-par performance."

Disappointed fans affected by the concert cancellations were shocked to spot the singer guest-hosting BET network show 106 & Park on Wednesday night - but Borden insists she wasn't scamming her fans.

She adds, "She wanted to honor her commitment to BET. Co-hosting (106 & Park) took no more than 30 minutes of a speaking voice. That doesn't compare to singing for two straight hours."

Speaking on the show, Keys explained how the tour is stressing her out: "It takes a lot of organizing. It's taking all the music that I have written and making it visual. It's crazy."

Keys is expected to return to the stage Saturday in Columbus, Ohio

Alicia Keys Returns to Concert Stage

Having been waylaid by swollen vocal chords that forced the cancellation of some concert dates, Alicia Keys is back in form, ready to appear at St. Louis's Scottrade Center Sunday night.

Earlier this month, before her throat condition flared up, the singer, 27, spoke to PEOPLE while hot on the heels of having wrapped up the European leg of her "Lexus Presents the Alicia Keys As I Am" tour – which she called "one of the biggest tours that I have ever done, and to see the reaction from the people was great."

As for delivering the show stateside, she said: "I love the rhythm of it, but there will be slight changes to the stage and other things as I fine-tune it. But, overall, the tour is so tight. It's very interactive, and although many of the venues are huge, it's my intention to make everyone feel like we are in a little club or a theater."

In terms of performance style, she says, "I make people laugh; everyone sings along, we shout things out at the same time. It's adventure and very involved. It's something that people will want to come back to."

Beyond the tour, she's been at work on a documentary. "It's called Alicia in Africa, and it's a beautiful journey that I took with my organization Keep a Child Alive. It's been great to see the effects of the work we have been able to do and the people we have helped. Once you've seen it, then you can decide what you want to donate to the cause."

And, personally, there is her love life, about which she says only: "I am in a very stable relationship with myself – and growing by the second."

Source: People

Keys Looking For A New Singer Online

ALICIA KEYS is looking for a new back-up singer in cyberspace.

The No One hitmaker is asking wannabes to ‘audition’ to be a part of her touring group via her MySpace.com website.

But hopefuls, aged between 21 and 30, have to act quick - the internet audition ends on Monday (05May08).

Keys wants singers to submit a 30-second video featuring themselves singing a cappella.

She asks that all candidates are "physically fit and able to dance."

Source: pr-inside

Alicia Keys Starts Her Own Business

Alicia Keys sees herself as the next Oprah Winfrey – she’s launching her own company!

The 12-time Grammy winner has set up AK Worldwide — which will deal with a range of projects not related to the 28-year-old’s musical offerings, starting with The Barber’s Daughters, a line of handcrafted jewelery engraved with messages of hope.

“It really explores the ways I can affect the world in a positive way, even outside of music,” Keys said in an interview Tuesday.

“It is really about finding ways to bring forth things into the world that will give you and all the people that encounter them, and myself, inspiration.”

Keys credits Winfrey and other business-minded people with turning on her entrepreneurial spirit.

“Why do I love Oprah? Because she’s able to bring you things that will really change your life,” the singer said. “They’re part of your life in a meaningful way, and those are the things I want to be a part of.”

Alicia will also launch a website, iamsuperwoman.com, dedicated to raising the profile of work by inspirational women.

“It really calls out to all those brilliant, amazing, fantastic women every day that are doing their thing and need kind of a community to support each other,” she said.

Source showbizspy.com

Alicia Keys ‘Refuses Free Hotel Room’

ALICIA Keys is a diva!

The Empire State Of Mind hitmaker — who’s currently promoting her new album, The Element Of Freedom, reportedly snubbed a posh London hotel that was offered to her for free as she “didn’t feel the vibe”.

“The hotel had been in discussion with Alicia’s team for a week, preparing her suite with her favorite flowers, scents and goodies,” a source said.

“The hotel’s Rib Room entrance on Sloane Square had even been closed off at her bodyguard’s request for her arrival. But when they saw the Luxury Suite, Alicia and her people asked for something bigger.

“They were told there wasn’t anything bigger and that the Luxury Suite was the biggest and best in the hotel. Basically, Alicia took one look and said she ‘didn’t feel the vibe’.

“And when she does that, she’s not joking, so the whole entourage piled into her limo and left.”

Source showbizspy.com

Alicia Keys Puts Musical Career Ahead Of Family For Now

Alicia Keys, 28, revealed her plans to start a family in the future but places her music first.

She told a Canadian newspaper: 'I definitely want a family. To be a mother, that's going to be a beautiful time in life.'

But the singer, who has reportedly started dating producer Swizz Beatz, says she has a lot to complete as a musician before she can begin her family.

She added: 'I don't feel like I reached the top. I have a lot more to climb. I want to continue growing and expressing myself creatively.'

Keys has just released a new album titled The Element Of Freedom.

Source monstersandcritics.com

Alicia Keys Doesn’t Care About Tabloids

ALICIA Keys doesn’t care what gets written about her in the tabloids.

The singer — who is rumored to be dating hip-hop star Swizz Beatz — says she keeps her private life private, so is rarely a target for celebrity magazines.

“People don’t know me for whatever silly rumor or lie they heard, or for silly gossip magazine crap,” Keys told British newspaper The Telegraph.

“I’m fortunate; that’s not what my life circles around. From the beginning I’ve had to juggle and weigh the silly things people say — and I’ve learned that they’re meaningless and they’re mostly inaccurate.

“So I don’t worry about it, because there’s nothin’ for me to deal with. I know exactly the person that I am and I feel very proud of who that person is.”

Keys, 28 recently revealed that she wants to start a family.

“To be a mother, that’s going to be a beautiful time in life,” the star said in November.

“I don’t feel like I reached the top. I have a lot more to climb. I want to continue growing and expressing myself creatively.”

Source showbizspy.com

Alicia Keys Wants Her Prince

Alicia Keys is desperate to duet with Prince.

The 'No One' singer - who has won nine Grammy Awards during her music career - says it would be a dream come true to record a track with her idol, the only celebrity who has left her completely star-struck.

Speaking during an appearance on UK radio station BBC Radio 1Xtra, the 28-year musician said: "I met Prince before. I tried to act cool but I definitely had a little star-struck moment. He's great."

Although Alicia - who was interviewed by Trevor Nelson for his show which airs on Saturday evening (23.01.10) - is targeting Prince for a collaboration, she is happy for now to have got the opportunity to work with Beyonce Knowles on her soon-to-be released single 'Put It In A Love Song'.

Alicia, 28, said: "We had a lot of fun. It's nice that we just celebrate each others careers, that's what the song is about, coming together to empower each other. We've become really good friends. We've been in the business about the same amount of time and both signed to Columbia records together when we were 14. It was like a party in the studio, the energy was so high and chemistry was genuine."

It's not only 'Raspberry Beret' hitmaker Prince who Alicia has got her artistic eyes on.

She recently revealed she would be keen to collaborate with Kings of Leon and M.I.A. as well.

She said: "Working with other people is definitely something I want to do more of. I love it a lot. It takes me out of my element into a whole other world. I'd love to collaborate with Kings of Leon and M.I.A. I think would be crazy."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Pals: Alicia Keys Is Secretly Engaged?

Alicia Keys had a lot to smile about on her 29th birthday Jan. 25: an engagement ring from her producer beau, Swizz Beatz!

A pal tells UsMagazine.com that Beatz, 31 (who is currently divorcing wife Mashonda), proposed with a 7-carat sparkler right before her big day; the happy couple were photographed strolling on a Hawaii beach the day of the proposal, Jan. 24.

Keys' rep denies she is engaged, but another friend reveals, "They are currently in Hawaii celebrating the engagement and her birthday. She feels blessed."

Adds the pal: "She is thrilled. She is with the man who has inspired so much of her music and her new album [The Element of Freedom]."

Swizz is equally smitten with Keys.

"What we have is so precious," he gushed to the New York Daily News last year.

Source Us Weekly

Alicia Keys' Love Blessing

Alicia Keys feels she has been "blessed" with love.

The 'Empire State of Mind' singer - who is rumoured to be engaged to DJ Swizz Beatz - says she's been lucky with the relationships she's had and has always gone for strong and confident men.

She said: "I've never dated a ton of people, I've always been a one-guy kind of girl, but I have to say that I've always been lucky with love, blessed with it. Overall I haven't had any terrible relationships - apart from a couple of little stupid ones when I was younger, but at that age you kinda can't help it.

"But I've always had really great guys in my life, you know? They've been very stable men as well. I need a guy who is strong-minded, not intimidated by me - I don't like those kind of guys."

Alicia also revealed her joy at reconciling with her father, after being estranged for several years, and is now forming a relationship with her half-brother.

She told You magazine: "He is 18 and the sweetest, handsomest person on earth. I never felt like I was lacking anything when my father wasn't there during my childhood - thanks to my mother and grandmother, I felt I had everything. And I think my reconciliation with my father has just been a matter of growing up. There was never any malice on any side and I understand life better now, that nothing is cut-and-dried."

Source femalefirst

Alicia Keys 'Looks Forward To Having Kids'

Alicia Keys has revealed that she is "looking forward" to starting a family one day.

The singer - who reportedly got engaged to producer Swizz Beatz in January - said that she is keen to focus on her career for now, but does eventually want to have children.

Keys told the Daily Record: "I absolutely am very interested in starting a family. It's one of the most beautiful experiences to have in this life and I am looking forward to it when it is my time. I have a lot of things I still want to do.

"I feel that I am just getting started. I love acting and producing, and I am developing some ideas for TV and film, and also for Broadway."

She added: "I am excited about that. I really want to create a new musical. I think it's time."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Alicia Keys Postpones Beyoncé Duet

Alicia Keys has postponed the release of her collaboration with Beyoncé because she wants to release a different track first.

The pair filmed a music video to 'Put It In A Love Song' in February, when they flew out to the slums of Rio de Janiero, Brazil.

The R&B singers were expected to premiere the clip in March, but Keys has since revealed that she plans to promote a different track from her Element of Freedom LP called 'Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)', which features vocals from Canadian rapper Drake.

"Expect ['Put It In A Love Song'] right after my 'Un-Thinkable' video," she told Rap Up.

"It's kind of nice that I have such a great video [with] such a great artist in the can. They're going to be able to see the 'Un-Thinkable' video first and then see 'Put It in a Love Song', but it probably won't come until closer to this summer."

Keys will reportedly shoot the video on April 10 and has ruled out inviting Drake to make a cameo.

She said: "He won't be in the video. That's too obvious. [but] he's a great guy.

"I'm really proud of all the things he's been able to achieve, and we're most likely going to do some kind of remix for the song that'll be really good. There'll be more of me and Drake."

Source digitalspy.co.uk