Sign in to follow this  
princess

Guns N’ Roses

Forget Lies--G N' R Leaks!EOnline.comby Josh Grossberg Feb 22, 2006, 10:45 AM PTFor Guns N' Roses fans still wondering when frontman Axl Rose will ever release the legendary rockers' forever-in-the-works Chinese Democracy album, your patience is finally paying off. Three studio-quality tracks found their way onto the Internet this week, perhaps not so coincidentally just days after a reclusive Rose, 44, made a rare appearance Friday at a tour kick-off party hosted by Korn in Los Angeles and told RollingStone.com that "people will hear music this year." The leaked tunes have generated big buzz since various Websites began posting them and prompted some radio stations, such as Boston's WAAF, to put them into heavy rotation until cease-and-desist orders arrived from Rose's lawyers. Early response has so far generally been positive with fans describing the song "There Was a Time" (aka T.W.A.T.) as recalling such Use Your Illusion-era power ballads as "Estranged" while the other two, "I.R.S." and "Better," stick to the hard rock we're used to hearing from the Gunners with some modern emo and techno-infused touches such as loop tracks laid over Buckethead's intricate guitar work and Axl's trademark squeals. On his morning show on Sirius Satellite Radio, even shock jock Howard Stern got in on the act, critiquing the opening to "I.R.S." after jokingly asking how Rose went "from so cool to being a douche." "It seems like they are trying to put his voice all the way in the back in the mix," Stern said, noting that while the MP3 was pretty good the mix needed work. Rose's manager, Merck Mercuriadis, could not be reached for comment but initial reports indicating he had ordered the websites to take down the tracks appear to be true as many of the links have since been removed. However, the unexpected leaks are fueling speculation that after nine years spent working on Chinese Democracy, the flame-haired singer is finally close to putting the wraps on the magnum opus and has an appetite for touring again with his revamped Guns N' Roses lineup (original members Slash and Duff McKagan are suing Rose, claiming he cheated them out of royalties from the iconic group's song catalog) 2002's ill-fated Chinese Democracy trek, which was touted as the Gunners' comeback tour, was scrapped largely due to Rose's shenanigans, including his penchant for swaggering onstage hours late, the occasional riot, and sluggish ticket sales mainly due to the fact that they had no album to promote. As if on cue, news broke Monday that G N' R has booked several performances across Europe in May and June, including a gig at Dublin's Arena on June 9 with fellow rockers Mötley Crüe as the opening act, plus appearances at the U.K.'s Download Festival, Austria's NovaRock Festival, with headliners Metallica and the Rock in Rio festival in Lisbon, Portugal. While Rose has remained mum on the leaks, Lisa Reed, the wife of longtime Gunner keyboardist Dizzy Read, posted a message on her hubby's website saying "all signs point to [the release of Chinese Democracy] getting closer and closer" and pleaded with fans not to leak any more tracks. "It's like shaking all your Christmas presents on the 23rd of December and figuring out what they are," she wrote. "No surprise and you ruined the fun for the giver. I just as much as anyone want this record to com out, but BE PATIENT!" Guns N' Roses' last official studio set was 1993's underwhelming collection of covers, The Spaghetti Incident.

EOnline.comCOMING UP ROSES: Axl Rose responding to a lawsuit filed by former bandmates Slash and Duff McKagan with a counterclaim of his own, asking a federal judge to confirm his "ownership of his own creative works."

Page SIxROSE CONKED BY VELVET FISTWE told you Saturday that Axl Rose fled the Stereo nightclub in a huff after a drunken fan inadvertently spat in his eye and irritated his contact lenses. Now the ex-Guns 'N Roses frontman has found himself in a spat of a different kind with Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland. Weiland attacked Rose on his group's Web site after Rose dissed him and Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash, who is battling Rose in court over G 'N R's legacy. Weiland writes, "I'll resist the urge to stoop to your level. Oh, s-t, here it comes, you fat, Botox-faced, wig-wearin' [bleep]! O.K. I feel better now." Weiland also accuses Rose of having an "unoriginal, uncreative little mind" and calls him a "frightened little man." Meanwhile, the alarming Axl-takes-Manhattan sightings continue to pile up.

EOnline.comAPPETITE FOR NEW MATERIAL: Axl Rose making a surprise radio appearance Monday and announcing that Guns N' Roses' long-awaited album, Chinese Democracy, will finally be hitting shelves this year. Apparently, all you need is just a lot of patience.

Didn't I read Axl is the ONLY original band member left? Does anyone care about this band anymore?? :huh:

Edited by WiLdFiRe

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's the only original. I loved their old stuff, kinda waiting to hear some of the new stuff on the radio before deciding....

EWpopwatchApparently, Axl Rose has been attacked. Don't worry, he's OK. It was only Tommy Hilfiger. The designer took two swings at Rose at Rosario Dawson's birthday party, where the current incarnation of Guns N' Roses was playing a special, all-acoustic set. Supposedly, Hilfiger was dragged away by his own security detail. I myself react this way every time I hear "November Rain," so I can understand Tommy's situation. (There's no official word on why Hilfiger attacked Rose.) I repeat: Axl is OK. Chinese Democracy is on schedule.

Posted Image

Rosario Dawson shows her appreciation for Axl Rose, who performed at the actress's 27th-birthday party Thursday at New York City club Plumm. But the lovefest didn't last: Later, the Guns N' Roses singer (who's reunited with members of the original band) reportedly got into an altercation with designer Tommy Hilfiger.

Oh Axl, what happened to your looks?!?!?!?!

EWpopwatchApparently, Axl Rose has been attacked. Don't worry, he's OK. It was only Tommy Hilfiger.

I find this story completely bizarre... Don't know anything about Tommy Hilfiger (is he an asshole?) but know Axl gets in scraps with anybody and everybody. Still this is just plain odd IMO....

Tommy Hilfiger is a geeky Dad that I have never heard say a curse word. Poor guy.

Really?! This whole thing is too weird. Apparently Rosario Dawson's mom also got into a scuffle. Gads, what a party! Must've invited everyone to the hoedown by blasting a megaphone on top of a monster truck driving through a trailer park. :rolleyes:

Holy Moly!Welcome To The BungleWhen Guns 'n' Roses played Download recently, the set was dogged by fans hurling bottles of piss at the band. Axl Rose stormed off stage until it was cleared up. Sadly, the mops they used must have seen better days as puddles streaked the stage. When Axl returned, he kept slipping and ending up on his arse.Going head-over-arse was clearly the theme of the day for the ginger rock screecher. Backstage before the gig, he spotted some space hoppers and decided - because he's an uncontrollable and rebellious sort of guy - to have a gone on one. Within three bounces, he went flying and ended up sprawled on the deck.In case anyone was wondering why the band's set was peppered with breaks while they left the stage for undisclosed reasons - this wasn't for the purpose of topping up their drug intake. Rather, it was to enable the band to punch the fuck out of one another in comparative privacy, rather than doing so on stage (something which has taken superhuman restraint on behalf of all parties to avoid).

Axl Falls Ill, Rocks On, Passes OutEOnline.comby Natalie Finn Aug 1, 2006, 6:20 PM PTThere was no cold November rain last weekend, but Axl Rose was under the weather anyway. After being diagnosed Sunday morning with low blood pressure and low blood sugar, the Guns N' Roses frontman ignored a doctor's order to take it easy and took the stage at London's Wembley Arena that night for the final show of the band's 32-date European tour. Actually, Rose, who has a long history of bailing on gigs, responded with, "F--k that, I have a show to do and I am not missing it." And he almost made it all the way through. Rose, 44, collapsed toward the end of the group's two-hour set, after which former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach--who had jammed with the guys earlier in the evening on "My Michelle"--took over lead vocals on the last songs of the night, "Night Train" and "Paradise City." The revamped GNR had performed at Wembley Arena on Saturday and also performed a surprise gig at the more intimate Cuckoo Club from 4 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday. The audience at the smaller show was made up of people who had been rocking out earlier in the day at Wembley. While onstage Rose announced the names of the lucky few who got to attend the Cuckoo concert. Despite the inauspicious ending--and a few other odd occurrences here and there--Rose seemed satisfied with GNR's experience disseminating Chinese Democracy in Europe. "I approached this last show with equal parts determination, obligation, responsibility and insanity. It was an amazing night. We have had an amazing tour and it has been fantastic for the band and I to experience this," he said in a statement. "I want to thank everyone in Europe and the U.K. for inspiring us and for giving us the opportunity to play for them. We are now looking forward to the U.S. in September." So far, GNR is expected to headline the Inland Invasion 2006 concert in Southern California for L.A.'s KROQ-FM on Sept. 23. Other U.S. dates are still in the works. Perhaps the fear of low blood sugar was what prompted Rose to allegedly take a bite out of a security guard's leg in Stockholm the day after GNR played to a sold-out crowd in June. The singer spent the better part of a day in jail before paying a $5,500 fine and $1,360 in damages to the guard. Last month Rose prompted the launch of quite a few projectiles after he kept a Newcastle, England, audience waiting for an hour and 15 minutes in the summer heat, according to Britain's Daily Mirror, so that he could polish off a roast lamb dinner. "Only a roast dinner would do," Colin Revel, manager of Newcastle's Metro Radio Arena, told the tabloid. Reports that the band was driven off the stage by boos and flying bottles were later clarified by GNR. "Getting hit wasn't a big deal," Rose said in a statement. "We stopped the song and gave a warning. We came back and started the song over and completed it. We then said goodnight. The house lights went down and I got hit a second time, in the mouth, by a solid object thrown by someone in the audience. After having warned the crowd that we would leave, and having played more than two hours, we left the stage and called it a night with the full support of everyone in the band, our guests and management." Hey, a guy's gotta eat. Axl should know.

I have 1% respect for Axl since I read in the papers that he let MISS Tommy Hilfiger beat him up.

Inland Blazes in the Fervor of Guns N' Roses

Posted Sep 25th 2006 7:00PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Music

As each band came, played, and exited the stage throughout the day of the KROQ Inland Invasion this past Saturday, the crowd began to fill the pavilion. It was as if nervous anticipation of the show's headliner dampened the crowd's reaction to fan favorites like MUSE, 30 Seconds To Mars, Rise Against, and Alice in Chains.

As 14 years of waiting for the return of Guns N' Roses was about to climax, the fans that ventured to the small California town of Devore started to rage. Fires burned upon the ridge and bottles were strewn about in true Redding Fest fashion. The clichés started with Axl arriving almost an hour after his scheduled set time. Just as the crowd began to get restless and security rushed in, the lights from the stage ignited the sky and the crowd was asked the question "Do you know where the f**k you are?", and the first chords of 'Welcome to Jungle' seemed to make the world better again.

The GN'R guys played at hit-filled set -- exactly what the crowd was hoping for. It was, however, announced today that they will be postponing US tour dates until later this year. Is the Axl of old starting to rear his ugly head? No, just getting ready to do this tour thing the right way.

TMZ

AXL ROSE ACTS LIKE HOWARD HUGHES

Page Six

February 12, 2008 -- AXL Rose has become a "virtual recluse" in his Malibu mansion for the past 15 years, according to a new tell-all on the former Guns N' Roses rocker. "These days he is regarded by some as almost a Howard Hughes figure, the bearded, sun-baked, wild-eyed survivor," Mick Wall reveals in "W.A.R. - The Unauthorized Biography of William Axl Rose." His long-awaited comeback album, "Chinese Democracy," which has been postponed several times over the past 15 years, is in limbo and may never be released. Wall writes that Rose's bandmate, Slash, is indifferent about his one-time pal - "Everybody keeps going on about reunion, but the truth is, [Axl] doesn't want to see me any more than I want to see him," Slash tells the author.

AXL ROSE ACTS LIKE HOWARD HUGHES

Page Six

February 12, 2008 -- AXL Rose has become a "virtual recluse" in his Malibu mansion for the past 15 years, according to a new tell-all on the former Guns N' Roses rocker. "These days he is regarded by some as almost a Howard Hughes figure, the bearded, sun-baked, wild-eyed survivor," Mick Wall reveals in "W.A.R. - The Unauthorized Biography of William Axl Rose." His long-awaited comeback album, "Chinese Democracy," which has been postponed several times over the past 15 years, is in limbo and may never be released. Wall writes that Rose's bandmate, Slash, is indifferent about his one-time pal - "Everybody keeps going on about reunion, but the truth is, [Axl] doesn't want to see me any more than I want to see him," Slash tells the author.

You can just read Slash's autobiography to find out what a nut job Axl is. He basically tortured his bandmates with his silliness. And "Chinese Democracy" will never come out.

DOCTOR'S ORDERS

Page Six

March 26, 2008 -- TIRED of a world in which Americans idolize wannabe singers, and where musicals about high school students pass as rock 'n' roll, Dr Pepper is begging Axl Rose to finally release this year his 17-years-in-the-making album, "Chinese Democracy." The soft drink company's incentive to Axl, the frontman of Guns N' Roses? If he ships the album in 2008, everyone in America - except estranged guitarists Slash and Buckethead - will receive a free can of Dr Pepper. "It took a little patience for us to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients, so we completely understand and empathize with Axl's question for the perfect album," said a company spokesperson. Dr Pepper is asking fans to lobby Axl to drop the album already