princess

Fringe

NO! Say it isn't so! Cancelling Fringe is a mistake. Give it at least one more season. Mr. Topaz and I make Friday night our date night to watch this show together.

I can't say I'm too surprised. As much as I ADORED the recent Astrid episode, in general, I haven't loved this season - the multiple universe AND time shifting gets really confusing for me to follow. And since I'm someone who LOVES the show, I can't imagine how anyone on the fence would feel about it.

I haven't been able to find an announcement about a cancellation......

Me either. Although per this article Feb 24th, 2012 will mark the final [episode] until March 23, at which time Fringe will return and run straight through the season four finale.

What Fox says:

■"We love Fringe" Certainly true, but irrelevant. They love all their shows, right until the day they cancel them (and afterwards!).

■"Fringe is losing us money" Perhaps true, but possibly fixable. Profit and loss can be adjusted by a change in the license fee.

What Fox did:

■Renewed Fringe after woeful third season ratings for a fourth season, almost certainly because Warner Brothers sharply cut the license fee.

I found this info on a website called TV by the Numbers. I also think this season has been confusing. I usually watch Friday night with hubby then watch it again Saturday morning to get a better understanding of that week's story line.

From Ausiello today:

Question: I’m in pre-cancellation mourning for Fringe, so please cheer me up by letting me know if we’ll get to see Agent Charlie Francis one more time before the end. With Prime Suspect dead and buried, surely Kirk Acevedo has a bit of time to spare. —Anthony

Ausiello: A Fringe source tells me it’s a distinct possibility we’ll see Charlie again, but there’s nothing on the books at the moment. And don’t administer last rites to the show just yet. Despite those apocalyptic Nielsens, Fringe very much remains in the hunt for another season. One scenario allegedly being bandied about has it returning for a final 15-episode run. If that happens I will be an extremely happy person.

FOX has picked up FRINGE for a fifth and final 13-episode season, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

FOX has picked up FRINGE for a fifth and final 13-episode season,

Suppose that's better than nothing....Though I haven't been loving this season. I have a hard time following time anomalies - Star Trek was always hard for me - so this multiple universe thing -oy!

The last season of Fringe has begun and so far I really like it. The Topaz house will be buying the complete DVD set once all episodes are available, to keep up at the cabin for guests...or I could say to keep our guests at the cabin..Hahahahaha

Posted Image

BRUSH IT OFF

Joshua Jackson goes eye-to-eye with a makeup artist Monday, getting a quick touch-up while filming his hit show Fringe Monday afternoon in Vancouver.

As someone who is only 5' 4" - I appreciate his effort :4biggrin:

I just think he's adorable! I never saw the other show (party of five? or whatever) so Fringe was my first eye-candy sample of Joshua Jackson. He just seems so "normal" for a Hollywood guy.

I just think he's adorable! I never saw the other show (party of five? or whatever) so Fringe was my first eye-candy sample of Joshua Jackson. He just seems so "normal" for a Hollywood guy.

Bite your tongue! Dawson's Creek :4biggrin:

Though I was too old for it, really. I watched the first season but it bored me and I stopped. Much like Gossip Girl...

I think he's adorable too, and a good actor, and I love seeing him dressed up and out with Diane Kruger! As Lainey points out repeatedly, he always seems content to support her and let her shine at her events - he's happy to be just the boyfriend......Now imagine, say, Justin Timberlake acting like that :rolleyes: