princess

Why won't they STFU?

I don't believe her bs for one minute. She had no idea the media coverage would be crazy?? I've always thought that Dina made every effort possible to keep Lindsay in the spotlight to make sure she sucked every penny possible out of her cash cow, even if the coverage wasn't always favorable.

I don't believe her bs for one minute. She had no idea the media coverage would be crazy?? I've always thought that Dina made every effort possible to keep Lindsay in the spotlight to make sure she sucked every penny possible out of her cash cow, even if the coverage wasn't always favorable.

We agree once again, Hihomumio. :hellowave:

I'd go one step further and argue that "every effort possible" also includes White Oprah punching up the paparazzi on speed dial any time LiLo is randomly seen out and about.

Once again, Dina makes me sick. She now says she is the one who put Lindsey in treatment? I thought she was the one who kept denying Linds had problems. Way to spin it. Dina was photographed several times, sneaking into clubs where Lindsay was partying. She's not a mother, she's an enabler.

Lindsay's was once a very promising actress, but her underage drinking, drug use, hubris and non-stop partying brought her down. All with the help of her creepy mom and to a lesser degree, her dad. Dina's contributions to Lindsay's downfall are what keep me from totally slamming Lindsay because I actually feel some pity for the girl.

from people magazine:

Martin Sheen Compares Son Charlie's Problems to Cancer

Charlie Sheen has had a tumultuous year to say the least – but his father, legendary actor Martin Sheen, says he's making progress.

"He's doing well," the elder Sheen tells the U.K.'s Sky News of Charlie, 45. "We pray for him. If he had cancer, how would you treat him?"

"This disease of addiction is a form of cancer," Martin adds. "You have to have an equal measure of concern and love and lift him up."

Courteney Cox: Arquette wants sex too much

Star tells Howard Stern that estranged husband doesn't know how to fill emotional needs

Courteney Cox and husband David Arquette dished on their issues to Howard Stern on Thursday.

updated 2 hours 49 minutes ago

Apparently over-sharing is a common trait in the Cox-Arquette household.

Courteney Cox joined estranged husband David Arquette for a raunchy Thursday radio interview on Howard Stern's Sirius XM show — and shockingly revealed even more about some of the sexual and emotional problems that led to their trial separation.

The "Cougar Town" actress, 46, didn't flinch when Stern grilled her for details about the instantly infamous Disney World trip with Arquette — when she shut down his frisky advances.

"It was early in the morning," Cox explained of the incident. (The couple were in the Magic Kingdom with their daughter Coco, 6.) "This is one of our problems in our relationship. Whenever I would need consoling from David, he could not literally put his arm around me for one second without completely getting (excited)."

She added: "[He] was never like, 'Oh, I'm so sorry your Dad is dying. Can we f---?'"

Arquette, 39, interjected: "Come on!"

"No, that's the truth," she countered.

"That time I was good," Arquette said. (Her father, Richard Cox, died of cancer in 2001.)

"Okay, maybe that one time," Cox acquiesced. "So [Disney World] just wasn't the right time and I don't want to confuse the issue. We're going through a hard time."

"He should be able to console you without it having to result in sex," co-hostRobin Quivers noted.

"Exactly!" Cox said.

"I'm always ready for [Courteney]," Arquette explained. "I know I'm more in touch with what she needs now...She takes one sort of thing and she clumps it [and says] that's what happens all the time in our relationship. It's not really true."

As the chat progressed, Arquette got even more frank (and despairing) with Cox: "I think you're over it, baby. You just need to admit it and we just need to figure out next steps."

"Wow, that's heavy," she said. "You can't count [Disney World] as the place where you know I'm not into you. I had just woken up. I don't think [sexual attraction] is the issue. The truth of the matter is that we love each other so much. We have such affection for each other but we are very different."

One thing that's not an issue for the pair, who wed in 1999: "We are not fighters," Cox said. "We probably don't get as real as we needed to as we do now. there are a lot of things that David likes to do completely the opposite things I do. I'm a homebody. David...doesn't drink anymore, he's completely sober, but he likes to go out and dance. "

"I don't want to inhibit him in his life," Cox explained. "He really is a very gregarious guy, he's very outgoing. I'm much more of an introvert."

Has Cox had sex since their announced split? "I have not had sex," she insisted.

She also added that she's not romantically involved with any of her "Cougar Town" costars (despite speculation about flings with Josh Hopkins and Brian van Holt). "They really don't want to get involved in this mess. These guys actually really like David, and I'm also Executive Producer of the show, it's kind of an awkward thing."

During her sexy-looking St. Bart's getaway with Hopkins, she said, "I was a little surprised, to be honest with you, that I didn't get hit on at all. I think [my costars] like David too much and it's too weird of a situation."

Copyright 2011 Us Weekly

It was great when Courtney showed up on Stern. David had been on all week, and it was a cool surprise. Such honesty. So unusual in Hollywood. I love that people who constantly dig for dirt on celebrities hate it when they are honest. They'd so much rather have painted David as a cheating dog, and they despise that Courtney and David set the record straight. Now they have no story, so they're lashing out. Classic.

It was great when Courtney showed up on Stern. David had been on all week, and it was a cool surprise. Such honesty. So unusual in Hollywood. I love that people who constantly dig for dirt on celebrities hate it when they are honest. They'd so much rather have painted David as a cheating dog, and they despise that Courtney and David set the record straight. Now they have no story, so they're lashing out. Classic.

Who is "they" and where are "they" lashing out?

I think BD is referring to "they" as the media. But I don't think it's the media alone that paints a picture of David/Courtney cheating alone. They do a pretty good job of doing that to themselves, her beach pictures with her shirtless co-star...as well as his rehab stint and his honesty of his dating habits when he was on Stern before. It's a case of putting too much out there. They do have a child and they both are acting like a couple of teenagers. Reminds me of the Kutchers.

I think BD is referring to "they" as the media. But I don't think it's the media alone that paints a picture of David/Courtney cheating alone. They do a pretty good job of doing that to themselves, her beach pictures with her shirtless co-star...as well as his rehab stint and his honesty of his dating habits when he was on Stern before. It's a case of putting too much out there. They do have a child and they both are acting like a couple of teenagers. Reminds me of the Kutchers.

Lainey has a post on her column today about this (I think one of her friends wrote it, the writer for DeGrassi?) Anyway - basically saying - was this promotion for the movie? A commitment they had made ages ago they didn't want to wriggle out of? Some weird marriage counseling with Howard Stern moderating?

I actually like them as a couple. But I don't want to know this stuff about them. It's not going to help them as a family - whether they stay together or divorce.

"They" is the media, and "they" is who were painting David as the bad guy, while both David and Courtney have both dismissed that as blatantly untrue. It was only after David first told his story to Howard that it became clear that Courtney wasn't blameless in the split, but that David also had a lot of work to do on himself. "They," the media, HATE it when celebs come out and speak the truth and "they" aren't able to profit from their sensationalized stories. Did anybody else actually listen to David on Stern this week? He may put a little too much out there, but he comes across as a really good guy who loves Courtney and Coco and really wants to do a better job at being a better man. Of course "they" are going to continue to write stories talking about how David and Courtney should stop talking because honesty makes their job impossible.

And why isn't the media attacking Krista Miller for discussing how she and her husband like to have sex at weddings, her on top of him on the toilet, seat closed? And why aren't they attacking Maria Menounus's boyfriend for talking about how Maria doesn't like to give oral sex? Both things happened on the same exact day of the show. Weren't they over-sharing too? I mean: this is the Howard Stern Show! These things come up.

(Maybe it's just that I'm a huge Stern fan and my tolerance is extremely high for people exposing themselves. :4biggrin: )

(Maybe it's just that I'm a huge Stern fan and my tolerance is extremely high for people exposing themselves. :4biggrin: )

Yeah, I never listen to him - not my thing. I don't mind a little sharing, but I have limits. I prefer a little inuendo. I have a good imagination - let me use it :4biggrin: Thanks for explaining what you meant - I didn't see any of that background or media reporting on cheating/the Arquette story in this thread, which is why I was a little confused. Think I get it now.

When has anyone (media OR celebs) let honesty get in the way of a good story, or a good payday, though? :BangHead: Why was Courtney on the show the day she has a movie premier to promote?

Plus - Arquette/Cox much bigger news than Maria Menounos or Krista Miller (who is she, anyway?) If Brad & Angelina got caught having sex on a toilet at a wedding (or talked about it in an interview) that would have been talked about! It's levels of celebrity.....

Edited by Hoyaheel

Yeah, I never listen to him - not my thing. I don't mind a little sharing, but I have limits. I prefer a little inuendo. I have a good imagination - let me use it :4biggrin: Thanks for explaining what you meant - I didn't see any of that background or media reporting on cheating/the Arquette story in this thread, which is why I was a little confused. Think I get it now.

When has anyone (media OR celebs) let honesty get in the way of a good story, or a good payday, though? :BangHead: Why was Courtney on the show the day she has a movie premier to promote?

Plus - Arquette/Cox much bigger news than Maria Menounos or Krista Miller (who is she, anyway?) If Brad & Angelina got caught having sex on a toilet at a wedding (or talked about it in an interview) that would have been talked about! It's levels of celebrity.....

I think what Maria's husband and Krista were talking about was WAY racier than anything David and Courtney said. Is the Disney World story that big of a deal? But yeah, I guess we could possibly maybe blame it on celebrity.

And I know that both the media and celebrities can be dishonest. But honestly, I don't think anyone who didn't listen to Howard's show this week should really comment on whether David was being honest until they do. David was on all day - all show - all week. And the degree of emotionalism was convincing, to me at least. It's easy to lie for an hour interview, but every day, etc., is not nearly as easy to do. On the other hand, the media was fully ready to paint David as a cheating jerk until he first came clean about the separation to Howard.

And yes, he was promoting Scream. And so was Courtney. Nobody was disputing that - they were openly promoting. But they could have done that without the silly Courtney turned David down in Disney World story. Again, I think the press are just pissed because they're not getting any scoops from this story - Howard is. If David had only kept his mouth shut, then they could have kept saying that he was just a jerk. Think of the dual pictures of mean David and sad, hopeless Courtney that People, US Weekly and In Touch could have used for mileage for weeks if he hadn't been so damn open.

I do understand that some people might not want to know as many details as they both put out there. But they were on Stern - and you don't get out of there without saying more than you ever intended. That's why Stern is the best interviewer on the planet. :4biggrin:

And I know that both the media and celebrities can be dishonest. But honestly, I don't think anyone who didn't listen to Howard's show this week should really comment on whether David was being honest until they do.

What I actually meant by my comment was that whether or not David is being honest and whether or not David is a cheater or Courtney is a cheater - tabloids & blogging gossip writers don't necessarily care- they'll write the story they want, using whatever facts or photos they feel like to support the story. And celebs do the same thing. They all live in their own world. So I don't think "the media" are mad at David or Stern for what they talked about - they'll say what they want regardless...

And I know that both the media and celebrities can be dishonest. But honestly, I don't think anyone who didn't listen to Howard's show this week should really comment on whether David was being honest until they do.

What I actually meant by my comment was that whether or not David is being honest and whether or not David is a cheater or Courtney is a cheater - tabloids & blogging gossip writers don't necessarily care- they'll write the story they want, using whatever facts or photos they feel like to support the story. And celebs do the same thing. They all live in their own world. So I don't think "the media" are mad at David or Stern for what they talked about - they'll say what they want regardless...

I think I understand what you're saying, and I hope you think I'm not attacking in any way. We've been on here too long to think that way, I think :4biggrin: . Just to be clear. I do agree about the whole "in their own world thing." But if you actually listened to David when he was on, I think you'd probably have a little bit of a different attitude about him. And Courtney. I get what you're thinking, but I still think "they" are way more upset by what they are not able to cover. I often get the feeling that the media and celebrities are lying to us, but in this case, after hours and hours, backed up by Courtney, I think David is being real. And if I was a dude being accused of cheating, what would I do? Turn to Stern, who doesn't CENSOR ever and lets you speak your mind.

Mad at a chitchatter over differing opinions? Never! We just see this a little differently (not a lot) and that's not a big deal at all ;-)

I like him (Arquette) and I can also appreciate the honesty of celebs. But I seriously think they need to shutup. These stories might be cute and hilarious for maybe a young couple....or a celeb couple that we are all craving for intimate details of their relationship(maybe if they displayed this honesty some time back). But we know all this comes out in the midst of their major movie release that needs to make $$ (and it isn't doing so well).

I also throw in the factor that Arquette is now fresh out of rehab and dealing with sobriety issues, which is very serious, perhaps more than Lohan since he is a Father of a little girl....and not a laughing matter. IMHO.

I like him (Arquette) and I can also appreciate the honesty of celebs. But I seriously think they need to shutup. These stories might be cute and hilarious for maybe a young couple....or a celeb couple that we are all craving for intimate details of their relationship(maybe if they displayed this honesty some time back). But we know all this comes out in the midst of their major movie release that needs to make $$ (and it isn't doing so well).

I also throw in the factor that Arquette is now fresh out of rehab and dealing with sobriety issues, which is very serious, perhaps more than Lohan since he is a Father of a little girl....and not a laughing matter. IMHO.

Again, no offense, but if you didn't listen to the interviews, then you might not get a clear view of what he's said. And though he was very funny on the show, he wasn't taking the loss of his family or his sobriety as a laughing matter. Much of it was quite sad, actually. But he seems like an upbeat kind of fellow. And the fact that Courtney is standing by him is admirable. I think the timing, which started quite a while ago, had more to do with the cheating allegations by the press then the movie release. They were on last week because of the release, but it wasn't the first time David sat in for a week on the show, and he was talking to Stern about a lot of personal stuff months and months ago. This all isn't a new thing that started last week - except for the silly Disney story.

I've always liked David but I'm an even bigger fan after listening to him on Howard (both last week and in general). He's got an adorable personality. Still though, I feel like it would be more than a little draining to be married to him.

I've always liked David but I'm an even bigger fan after listening to him on Howard (both last week and in general). He's got an adorable personality. Still though, I feel like it would be more than a little draining to be married to him.

Oh definitely! I think that's one of the saddest parts: he seems like such a nice guy who really loves his wife and daughter, yet I totally get why Courtney is having trouble sticking with him. I couldn't be married to him!

Again, no offense, but if you didn't listen to the interviews, then you might not get a clear view of what he's said. And though he was very funny on the show, he wasn't taking the loss of his family or his sobriety as a laughing matter. Much of it was quite sad, actually. But he seems like an upbeat kind of fellow. And the fact that Courtney is standing by him is admirable. I think the timing, which started quite a while ago, had more to do with the cheating allegations by the press then the movie release. They were on last week because of the release, but it wasn't the first time David sat in for a week on the show, and he was talking to Stern about a lot of personal stuff months and months ago. This all isn't a new thing that started last week - except for the silly Disney story.

None taken, BD. :1smile: You are right to a certain degree, I haven't listened to this recent interview.

I am only coming from a place from where he has always given an honest interview on Stern. I've listened to Stern up until he joined Satellite radio, I still love him...but I don't listen as much. Arquette was very honest back then, in fact I thought he was one of Stern's best interviews.

However, I'm now coming from a place (where we can disagree) where I think it might be time for Arquette to clam up. I mean, he finished up a stint in rehab, separated from his wife, now raising a little daughter. His wife had said in an earlier interview that she thought he needed to grow up, which contributed greatly to their split. I would normally think that going on Stern (as great as he is)...and blabbing about your most intimate details (as Arquette did in the past) may not be a grown-up or therapeutic way of dealing with your struggles or relationship problems. Not saying Dr. Phil or Oprah are any better either...just might be time to sit down and chill on that behavior that some might consider childish...yet another brutally honest interview on Stern can be part of that. Plus it adds a comedy value to someone's serious problems...or call it satire.

In a nutshell, we both like Arquette. We both might only differ on how we might think his frankly honest interviews on Howard Stern could be hurting or helping his stituation.

On the other hand, the media was fully ready to paint David as a cheating jerk until he first came clean about the separation to Howard.

See, this I find perception curious, because I recall rumors about Courteney cheating far predating the split. There have been rumors (and barely-blind items) about her and her co-stars for ages, no?

I'm sure they are being as honest as any of us are in situations like that, but I do find it not-so-coincidental that Scream 4 came out Friday. It's hard not to be skeptical when everyone seems to be in constant self-promotion mode.

Christina Hendricks Can't Find a Bathing Suit for Her Curves

By Tracey Harrington McCoy

Christina Hendricks is known for her curvy figure as much as her breakthrough role as Joan Holloway on AMC's hit show 'Mad Men'--but it turns out, her curves can make shopping a bit difficult.

"It's really hard to find a bathing suit if you have breasts," she told Lucky Magazine [via UsMagazine.com.] "You either get smooshed down or there's no support. My husband and I have sketched out designs."

But when it comes to clothing, Hendricks knows exactly what works for her. "I have to be careful about my proportions and keep it simple," the 36-year-old actress revealed. "What works for me is structure and something that shows my waist."

For red-carpet events, the redhead also knows who to call. "[i love] Vivienne Westwood for drama, L'Wren Scott for her perfect tailoring and body consciousness and Zac Posen for whimsy," Hendricks said. But bottom line: "I try to remain calm and remind myself that this is a fun, lovely event."