Kath

Who will Divorce Next?

Okay I gave as many choices as I could. Vote away folks!

[i got a screen shot of the old poll before I deleted it instead of closing it. Adding here!]

post-3-0-23202900-1452207515_thumb.jpg

Edited by princess
I'm a fool and deleted instead of closed poll... shit.

Kelsey Grammer's third wife files for divorce

July 1, 2010 | 3:07 pm

Kelsey Grammer and wife Camille are getting a divorce, the actor confirmed Thursday on Twitter.

Camille Grammer, one of the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," is seeking primary physical custody of daughter Mason, 8, and son Jude, 5, plus child and spousal support, E! Online reports. She filed the petition Thursday in Los Angeles.

The "Frasier" star and the former Playboy model, now 55 and 41, respectively, met on a blind date in 1996 and were married in August 1997. It was his third marriage.

-- Christie D'Zurilla LATimesblog

I thought Portia and Ellen were already over?

I don't think so. I hadn't heard anything like that.

They're still together.

They're still together.

no clue why I was thinking that ..... ?

They're still together.

no clue why I was thinking that ..... ?

I remember hearing some time back rumors that they were going to break up/had problems/etc., but can't remember exactly where I read it, and haven't heard of anything since then. . .

Wow. I'm interested to see that, at the moment, Jen and Ben come a close second to Tom and Katie! My thought is that Jennifer Garner is willing to put up with a heck of a lot of crap to remain Mrs. Affleck; I don't think she'll be going anywhere soon.

from todays' Celebitchy:

In my opinion, Courteney Cox and David Arquette are having some very real marriage problems. The gossip about Courteney’s alleged affair with her Cougar Town costar Brian Van Holt probably hasn’t helped - and the last time we checked in on David, he was allegedly acting very sad and strange (like, mid-life crisis strange) and defending his marriage cryptically. Now it’s Courteney’s turn. She’s the cover girl for the August issue of InStyle Magazine, and she gave a pretty good interview:

Public attention is usually focused on the love life of her BFF Jennifer Aniston, but Courteney Cox is now opening up about her own marriage.

In a remarkably candid InStyle interview – to which the Cougar Town star, 46, arrived minus her wedding ring – Cox admits that her 11-year union with David Arquette has had its ups and downs.

“We’ve done couples therapy in the past. We’re not lazy about our marriage,” Cox says in the magazine’s August issue, on newsstands Friday. “We have the same arguments we’ve had for years.”

Disagreements are something that exist in every marriage, and Cox says she doesn’t expect them to ever be fully resolved. “Some things just never change, and you should realize that the intriguing things you fall in love with will probably become the things that you don’t like,” she says, “and the very things that you’ll be talking about for the rest of your relationship.”

Luckily, their domestic issues don’t sound all that dramatic, and they have made some changes to suit their lives as a couple. “If we didn’t live together, David wouldn’t even notice if a lightbulb had burned out!” Cox says. “He collects things; I don’t. When we first lived together, I lived with [his] clown paintings, bobbleheads … I couldn’t do that now.”

The actress does cop to some fantasy world crushes on Zac Efron and Robert Pattinson, whom she calls “cute.” “How old is he? I saw one picture of him and he looked dangerous; I like it,” she says of the Twilight star, 24. “That’s a really pretty face. I might feel insecure around him.”

But her real-life love for Arquette – father of their 6-year-old daughter Coco – goes deeper. “One thing is, I let David be himself and he lets me be myself,” Cox says. “You have to make an effort to stay connected, and that’s something we work at.”

Courteney also talks about aging and Botox: “Aging gracefully is one thing, but trying to slow it down is another. Sometimes I use Botox. Compared to most, I use it very sparingly. One time I did too much, though. I feel weird if I can’t move my face, and that one time I overdid it, I felt trapped in my own skin.”

Courteney would never stop acting: “No—although there was a time when my dad thought I should get out. It was right before I got Friends, and I probably had a month to go before I was completely broke. At one point my dad called me and said, ‘You have always been a great salesman. I think it’s time you come home and sell swimming pools.’ I don’t think I would ever quit acting, but there are other things I am interested in. I wanted to be an architect, and I wish I knew more about landscaping. I think I’d be a good therapist too.”

[inStyle Magazine excerpts, courtesy of InStyle and People Magazine]

I’ve said it before privately to CB, and publicly on this site - I don’t think Courteney and David are going to make it very much longer, and I think Courteney is the one driving many of the problems. She sounds like the one who is fed up, annoyed, looking around for something better.

Oh, and the Botox stuff - well, at least she’s admitting it. But she’s delusional if she thinks her face is still moving. Whenever I catch a few minutes of Cougar Town, I wince every time Courteney tries to talk or move her face to form any kind of human emotion. She looks so f-cking jacked.

There's a bit of gossip going around that Ben Affleck is paying a great deal of attention to Blake Lively, who plays a stripper in some flim with him. (remember Gywneth's quotation, years ago, that Ben's dream woman would be a stripper with a beer in either hand?) I think that these days Jenn Garner is just trying to hold the family together and turns a blind eye to this kind of thing... but who knows? One day she might get tired of Ben's wandering bits and hit the divorce button.

There's a bit of gossip going around that Ben Affleck is paying a great deal of attention to Blake Lively, who plays a stripper in some flim with him. (remember Gywneth's quotation, years ago, that Ben's dream woman would be a stripper with a beer in either hand?) I think that these days Jenn Garner is just trying to hold the family together and turns a blind eye to this kind of thing... but who knows? One day she might get tired of Ben's wandering bits and hit the divorce button.

I tend to view Jen as more Posh-like in that regard: so entrenched in the lifestyle and image associated with being a Mom and Mrs. XXX that a divorce will never happen. I'm sure she (like Posh) knows damn well what is going on when the hubby's away.

I tend to view Jen as more Posh-like in that regard: so entrenched in the lifestyle and image associated with being a Mom and Mrs. XXX that a divorce will never happen. I'm sure she (like Posh) knows damn well what is going on when the hubby's away.

True - she probably is.

Then again, it doesn't exactly make me care for either Ben or this Blake very much. Not to be too prudish sounding but I'm real tired of the cheats and skanks these days. I hope they're discreet simply so we don't have to see magazine covers about it. Geez, I'm sick of skanks and cheats!

I hear ya, kappy22, but if it weren't for skanks and cheats then what would we have to talk about? :D

Closeted gays and their beards? :4biggrin:

I'm real tired of the cheats and skanks these days.

Word!

Closeted gays and their beards? 4biggrin.gif

:smileapprove:

Also, addicts, fashion faux pas and awful plastic surgery.

I'm real tired of the cheats and skanks these days.

Word!

Closeted gays and their beards? 4biggrin.gif

:smileapprove:

Also, addicts, fashion faux pas and awful plastic surgery.

:4biggrin: SO TRUE!

Heidi Montag Files for Divorce from Spencer Pratt

By Jennifer Garcia

Friday July 30, 2010 02:20 PM EDT

people.com

Skeptics, take notice: This breakup is for real.

Almost two months after Heidi Montag went to court seeking legal separation from husband Spencer Pratt, the reality starlet filed for divorce.

Montag, 23, cites the usual irreconcilable differences in the divorce petition filed in Santa Monica, Calif., Superior Court.

"Heidi has amended her petition for separation and today has filed a petition for dissolution of marriage from Spencer Pratt," Montag's lawyer Jodeane Farrell tells PEOPLE. "The couple has agreed they would like their divorce to be finalized in a timely manner in an out of court settlement. Both parties are amicable with each other and over the possibility of finalizing their divorce."

The public and Montag's own former costars from The Hills initially expressed doubts about whether the split was legitimate or another publicity stunt.

They were married last April at a church in Pasadena, Calif., and have been busy ever since.

Montag underwent 10 plastic surgery procedures in one day this year. She followed that by firing Pratt as her manager and beginning her quest to become a big screen actress, filming a role in Adam Sandler's Just Go With It, and also working on her music career.

Just recently, Pratt, 26, admitted to choosing fame over his wife telling PEOPLE, "We love each other but I'm a fame whore and I'll never grow out of it. [Heidi] knows that and doesn't want that."

Heidi Montag Files for Divorce from Spencer Pratt

HEY! This is a thread for CELEBRITY - not nobody - divorces. :D Edited by Kath

Seriously... no one thinks that Eva and Tony are going to split soon? I had 2 votes, they would have been my second choice.

Elisabeth Moss, Fred Armisen Separate After 10 Months of Marriage

By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 13th 2010 05:01PM

Elisabeth Moss and Fred Armisen 'Mad Men' star Elisabeth Moss and 'Saturday Night Live' funnyman Fred Armisen have called it quits.

The couple, who tied the knot 10 months ago, separated in May, according to Life & Style.

"They have been having trouble for a while. Both want to stay friends, but at the moment that is proving very hard," a friend close to the pair reveals to PopEater.

"Friends fear they fell in love and got married way to fast -- they didn't have a chance to get to know each other and learn to live together," the insider adds. "Everyone is hoping this separation makes them realize how much they love each other."

The pair became in engaged in January of 2009, and married in October of the same year.

Patricia Arquette and Thomas Jane Divorce

By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 14th 2010 09:41AM

Patricia Arquette and Thomas Jane Divorce

After filing for divorce and quickly making amends in 2009, Patricia Arquette and Thomas Jane are splitting up.

"The split is completely amicable and their prime focus is their daughter," a rep tells PEOPLE. "They ask that their privacy be respected at this time."

The 'Medium' and 'True Romance' actress met the star of 'Hung' and 'The Punisher' in 2001; they married in 2006 in Venice, Italy.

Arquette, 42, initiated a divorce from Jane, 41, in January 2009, citing irreconcilable differences. She sought sole custody of their 7-year-old daughter Harlow Olivia Calliope at the time.

By September that year, all seemed well, with Arquette telling Ellen DeGeneres, "We're more in love than ever. It's great. We've been together for eight years and relationships are tough but we're really happy."

Hilary Duff weds NHL player Mike Comrie

Actress Hilary Duff tied the knot on Saturday with Mike Comrie, a free agent hockey player who last played for the Edmonton Oilers.

The pair, who were engaged in February, sealed the deal in an intimate 100-person ceremony, which was held at a California mansion around sunset, according to MTV.

Audiences met the former child star as “Lizzie McGuire,” the lead role in the television series of the same name, and have watched her grow up over the years.

Duff, 22, has also succeeded as a singer and business woman, while Comrie, 29, has cut the ice playing professional hockey in the NHL.

Duff’s older sister, Haylie, was the maid of honour, and her mother walked her down the aisle.

During a Hockey Night in Canada interview, Comrie said he met his bride-to-be at an Idaho resort.

“We were all on the same plane and it was kind of, I guess, maybe a bit of a fluke,” recalled the Edmonton-born athlete.

In an interview with US Magazine last year, Duff called Comrie generous, caring, funny and unique.

It's official.

Tiger Woods and Wife Divorce After Sex Scandal

MIAMI (Reuters) - The world's No. 1 golfer, Tiger Woods, and his Swedish wife, Elin Nordegren, divorced on Monday following the torrid sex scandal that engulfed Woods late last year.

Woods, reputed to be the world's wealthiest sports star, and Nordegren, a former model and nanny, issued a statement confirming the divorce, which had been widely anticipated for months after his public confession of infidelity in a blaze of publicity.

The couple were at the Bay County Circuit Court in Florida when their marriage was dissolved.

"The marriage between the parties is irretrievably broken," read a court document published by the celebrity website TMZ.

The joint statement by Woods and Nordegren through their lawyers made no mention of any monetary settlement involved in the divorce and the attorneys declined to comment on the existence of any such settlement.

The statement said the divorce judgment provided for shared custody of their two young children and asked for privacy for the family.

"We are sad that our marriage is over and we wish each other the very best for the future," said the joint statement, which was also posted on Wood's website, http://web.tigerwoods.com.

Woods, who has won 14 major championships, returned to the game in April after losing up to $35 million in sponsorship revenue as his private life unraveled over allegations that surfaced in late November and December about affairs between him and several women.

The revelations surfaced after a bizarre middle-of-the-night car accident at the couple's luxury Florida home where Woods crashed into a tree and a fire hydrant. Nordegren told police she smashed the car's back window with a golf club to get him out.

In February, he apologized publicly for cheating on his wife and underwent therapy. "I was unfaithful, I had affairs, I cheated," Woods said at the time.

Supermodel Stephanie Seymour, Hubby Trying to Reconcile

NBCNewYork.com

Supermodel Stephanie Seymour and her husband have been embroiled in an ugly divorce and custody case, but now it appears that the couple is trying to reconcile.

Seymour and her newsprint mogul husband, Peter Brant, filed for divorce in 2009 after 14 years of marriage. On Monday, the couple withdrew their cases.

"The parties have withdrawn their divorce action and are reconciling. They ask that their privacy be respected," according to a statement from a public relations representative.

When the couple appeared for their first trial, Superior Court Judge Lynda Munro said that she told the couple that she thought they’d get back together, the New York Post reports.

"I'm a true believer in marriage. It's hard work growing old together, but it's actually sort of fun," she said on Monday, according to the Post.

In the year and a half since the divorce case began, stories to surface sounded like something straight out of “War of the Roses” or “What Happens in Vegas.”

The couple stayed in the same Greenwich mansion, but in July 2009, Brant changed the locks and Seymour had to bunk with the maid, the New York Post reported.

He also argued that she was an unfit mom to their three children: Peter Jr., Harry and Lily, and claimed that Seymour submitted “invalid” urine samples to prove that she was not on drugs or booze.

There were also allegations about nannies being used as spies.

At one point, the case escalated to reports of physical violence. Not between Seymour and Brant, but a shoving match between Seymour and security guard, Joseph Babnik of Carmel, N.Y.

Seymour and Babnick reached a deal in September 2009, according to Money Times.

In October 2009, Brant was supposed to begin paying Seymour $270,000 per month in alimony and child support.

But now, the supermodel and her art-collecting, polo-playing hubby seem to be back on the track to marital bliss, or at least to ending a bitter court battle.