princess

Star Jones

Did anyone see PoweRgirls last night?? Star came to the Hampton party and one of the PR girls working the door looked right at the camera and said "we shouldn't let Star in, she's a bitch" :D

From NYDailynews.com...Time to fill herPayless pumps We offer red carpet replacements for E!'s fallen Star By JAWN MURRAY Is it time for someone else to take Star Jones' place on the red carpet? How about Janice Dickinson as an Oscar reporter? Or Kathie Lee Gifford? The Oscar folks have put out a Help Wanted sign to find a host for next year's Academy Awards and the candidates already include Jay Leno, Whoopi Goldberg, Ellen Degeneres - even Chris Rock, who's so 2005. But what about the all-important red carpet show? Star Jones' contract with E! has expired and after driving ratings into the ground with her gushing "When you coming to see me on 'The View,' girlfriend?" love fest, the network isn't rushing to pick up her option.So let the replacement speculation begin. Granted, she has set the bar low, but candidates must be able to stand in the hot Hollywood sun (sunglasses provided), hold a microphone so the network logo is in the shot (someone will tell you which one is the star and which is the date) and remember the most important question on awards night: Who are you wearing?Still, even though you can get them on sale at Payless, filling Jones' shoes requires some thought. After all, the high-profile battle for red-carpet supremacy with TV Guide's Joan and Melissa Rivers is at least as interesting as the awards themselves.

Posted Image

Al Reynolds, left, and Star Jones-Reynolds arrive for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation's annual Hot Pink Party at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York on Wednesday, April 20, 2005.(Fashion Wire Daily/Grant Lamos IV)

I would like to see that Janice Dickinson fill her shoes. She is a riot and would make good mindless entertainment!

(NYDAILYNEWS.COM)

Don't go dissing Star Jones around Vivica A. Fox.

You might get threatened.

ABC late-night host Jimmy Kimmel learned that lesson the hard way Tuesday when the sultry actress vowed to beat him with her shoe over his nasty cracks about the "View" panelist, a close friend of hers.

"I don't like when people make negative comments about my friends," Fox E-mailed Lowdown yesterday.

No kidding.

Kimmel didn't get on the phone with me, but Tuesday's interview started badly when he introduced Fox as "perhaps most harrowing of all, Star Jones' bridesmaid" - and it went downhill from there.

"We usually have really great comical moments, but that's my friend. I love her," Fox, wearing a cleavage-revealing jacket, informed her rumpled-looking host. "That's not funny to me."

Several icy exchanges later, the two accused each other of having a bad attitude while aggressively pointing fingers.

"It goes both ways," Kimmel chided.

"I'm desperate to make this work," he pleaded with his guest, who was on his show to plug her Lifetime crime drama, "Missing," and a new women's mag she's fronting called Jolie.

"You know what? The four of us should get together - me, you, Star and [star's husband] Al [Reynolds]," Kimmel suggested.

Fox responded grimly: "You would get your a- kicked."

"I'm sure I would," Kimmel said. "But that would be funny for you."

"It wouldn't be funny," Fox vowed. "I would have to take off my shoe and beat you down, brotha!"

"Oh, great," Kimmel said. "Three people beating me up. Maybe it isn't such a great idea."

Fox, who'd been expected to stay for the next segment, instead walked off the set - and the camera focused on her empty chair.

As for Jones - the inspiration for all this acrimony - her spokesman told me yesterday: "Star loves and adores Vivica Fox. ... However, she does not watch - and has never watched - 'The Jimmy Kimmel Show.'"

What a bitch! Total bitch... :angry:

(

What a bitch! Total bitch...  :angry:

Which one Star,Vivica or Al? :o
LOL! All of the above!! :D

Did you all read the blind item about the husband who dropped his wife off at the red carpet, then went on to tour the gay bars of LA? I'm pretty sure it was Big Al.

Did you all read the blind item about the husband who dropped his wife off at the red carpet, then went on to tour the gay bars of LA?  I'm pretty sure it was Big Al.

Don't you know the paper in Philadelphia withdrew that story after Star who is a decent lawyer herself hired Burt Fields :o Anyway there are no pictures that have done her justice.Plus her personality is atrocious.Big G*y Al seems to have accepted what he has admitted to have done in the past where he apparently explored same sex activities and said he has since turned his life around. :rolleyes: Star Jones should have known that hooking up with him ,his past would be discussed publicly.And it won't go away because she is such a bitch and she isn't well liked.If she were a kinder person maybe some people would have been gentler but she is such an out of control diva and a class less woman. :D Yes,I don't like the woman,she was very unkind to a co-worker of mine when she worked at the Brooklyn DA's office.And the same characteristics she displays now adds up to what I have heard about her only some are milder now. Edited by queenie

Well, I have no problems whatsoever with homosexuality. But I do have big problems with gay men going back into the closet and claiming "I was just experimenting!" when they are obviously very queer. I'm surprised that Star's friends didn't give her a good talking to!

Posted Image

IN BRIEF:

Star Jones said she and her hubby Al Reynolds are considering adoption. "We talked about it. We have to live with the truth. I'm 43, and although my body is still capable of carrying a baby, maybe, I'm not sure that it will be an easy process," Star said yesterday on The View....

http://entertainment.ivillage.com/gossip/n...63x4jbb,00.html

Here's the full story:

Star Jones considers adoption

Star Jones says she and husband Al Reynolds are thinking of adopting a baby as they near their one-year anniversary.

"We talked about it. We have to live with the truth. I'm 43, and although my body is still capable of carrying a baby, maybe, I'm not sure that it will be an easy process," Jones said yesterday on "The View" while chatting with her co-hosts. "We're not even sure if it's something we want to focus our attention on in the beginning of our marriage...We both decided tha t if it doesn't happen naturally, that adoption is the definite way for us to go," she said. "We believe so strongly in adoption, and there are so many African-American babies that could use homes. So we know that if we wanted to have children . . . we would bring a baby into adoption and it would be born in our hearts — and would be the most spoiled kid in the world, you better believe it."

Translated as "It's too soon after my stomach staple job to get pregnant."

Here's the full story:

Star Jones considers adoption

Star Jones says she and husband Al Reynolds are thinking of adopting a baby as they near their one-year anniversary.

"We talked about it. We have to live with the truth. I'm 43, and although my body is still capable of carrying a baby, maybe, I'm not sure that it will be an easy process," Jones said yesterday on "The View" while chatting with her co-hosts. "We're not even sure if it's something we want to focus our attention on in the beginning of our marriage...We both decided tha t if it doesn't happen naturally, that adoption is the definite way for us to go," she said. "We believe so strongly in adoption, and there are so many African-American babies that could use homes. So we know that if we wanted to have children . . . we would bring a baby into adoption and it would be born in our hearts — and would be the most spoiled kid in the world, you better believe it."

Translated as "It's too soon after my stomach staple job to get pregnant."

I think the translation should be: My husband doesn't like my woman parts because he is Big Gay Al so hell no its not gonna happen naturally. Edited by Rebelgirl

NY DAILY NEWS/LLOYD GROVE... Did E! personality Star Jones Reynolds try to put a contract out on her "Live From the Red Carpet" co-host Kathy Griffin? The zinger-tossing comedian claims that's just what Reynolds did. "Star wanted it in my contract at E! that neither I nor a family member, nor an employee of mine would be able to say anything derogatory about her from Aug. 30 through March 5," Griffin tells Steppin' Out's Chaunce Hayden. So did Griffin - who was recently demoted from the red carpet to a commentators' booth - agree to the conditions? "No! Of course not. Absolutely not. My whole career is making fun of everyone, including myself." Yesterday Jones Reynolds didn't deny Griffin's claim but responded through her PR rep, "As the host of E!'s 'Live From the Red Carpet,' it would be inappropriate and unprofessional for me to make a derogatory comment about any member of my team. Everyone knows that's not my style."

Star Jones Reynolds Donates Emmys Dress 23 minutes ago LOS ANGELES - Star Jones Reynolds is donating the dress off her back from the Emmy Awards to help Hurricane Katrina victims. Jones wore an amethyst velvet gown by Marc Bauer valued at $3,000 while hosting red-carpet coverage for E! Entertainment Television at Sunday's show.She donated the dress to the Clothes Off Our Back Foundation, which will auction off outfits worn by celebrities at the Emmys and give the proceeds to hurricane victims."There is no better way to allow your clothes to keep on giving you pleasure than to share them with someone else," Jones said. "The families that were affected by Hurricane Katrina need our help."Last year, Jones' seafoam green dress by Kevan Hall generated one of the highest-selling amounts in the auction.Bidding on this year's auction ends Sept. 29.

(Radaronline.com)STAR JONES: VIEW TO A KILLNothing puts the “disaster” in disaster relief like a cafeteria-style showdown—especially if the women involved are TV hostess Star Jones and Surreal Life diva Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth. Sources say that the two got into a Mexican standoff when Jones gave the former Apprentice villain the hairy eyeball at BET’s recent S.O.S. Saving Ourselves telethon for the victims of Katrina. “She kept giving Omarosa dirty looks and whispering things to her husband [Al Reynolds], and rolling her eyes whenever Omarosa was around,” says our backstage mole. Omarosa remained oblivious to Jones’s antics, we’re told, until an unidentified member of 80s R&B group New Edition brought them to her attention—prompting Omarosa to sneer, “Star doesn’t want any trouble with me. If I can deal with a crazy crackhead like Janice Dickinson, I can handle her.”Word of the exchange spread quickly backstage and orders were given to keep the two separated. What caused the tiff was unclear, but one witness speculated that the charitable diva—who donated 100 pairs of shoes and her Emmy dress for those Katrina refugees in need of extra-wide stilettos or a spare tent—was merely hungry. Omarosa, we hear, was ravenous as well. Having recently announced her separation from husband Aaron Stallworth, she was spotted cozying up to everyone from rapper Q-Tip to Six Feet Under’s Matthew St. Patrick in search of a high-profile hook-up.Jones’s rep, Brad Zeifman, dismissed the incident as “100 percent untrue,” saying, “there was too much love and support in the room for any cattiness.” Omarosa’s publicist, Priscilla Clark, said she “hadn’t heard anything” about a beef.Mmmmmm… beef, thinks Star Jones, somewhere.

(Pagesix.com)

BOSSES SHOWED STAR THE E!XIT

Posted Image

STAR Jones didn't jump from E! — she was pushed.

Jones, who grated on the nerves of viewers and E! execs by continually promoting her wedding last year, made her final appearance as the cable channel's red carpet reporter at the Emmys this month.

The option in her contract for another year was not picked up. "One year was enough," our insider said.

Jones claims the decision was hers, and told The Post last week she'll be too busy promoting her book, "Shine: A Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Journey to Finding Love" (Collins), due out Jan. 6.

The tome is about her meeting and mating with hubby Al Reynolds.

"I couldn't make any commitments next year beyond supporting the book and doing 'The View,' " Star said. "I want to make sure I do my everyday job very well."

But PAGE SIX predicted her exit from E! months ago when execs groused about her ratings and the way she pressured stars on the red carpet into coming onto "The View."

"This has been in the works for a while," said one insider. "She just didn't do well on the red carpet and E! is letting her blame the book, but they were the ones telling her they wouldn't be picking up her option."

The source then snickered, "Do you think Star would give up good money and a load of freebies from the goody bags and the dresses for a book? No way."

Meanwhile, another E! red carpet regular, fashionista Robert Verdi, was noticeably absent from the E! Emmy pre-awards show — and he won't be coming back either.

Verdi told PAGE SIX: "This is about a career segue for me. I've always been very interested in acting. Recently there has been a lot of interest and I want to strike while the iron is hot."

The fashion maven is said to be up for a part in "The Devil Wears Prada" opposite Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway.

The new E! red carpet team is Kathy Griffin — considered to be almost as funny as Jones' predecessor, Joan Rivers — plus Giuliana Depandi and Carson Kressley.

The insider added: "If E! were smart, they would put Kathy on the red carpet to interact with the celebs instead of on the bridge just commenting on them. She is comedy gold and even if she upsets people — so what? Joan Rivers always p - - - ed people off, but they always came back."

E! said: "Star was not fired and no decisions have been made as to the next red carpet team."