Sign in to follow this  
princess

Michael Vartan

Kristin of E!

From denise624: Please reassure us that Michael Vartan did not give that interview to Us Weekly about Jennifer Garner. You know the one!

The one that left my jaw unhinged and insides knotted? I can tell you that I've talked to his reps, and they both adamantly deny an interview took place. The word buzzing around the Us Weekly office (right upstairs from E!) is that Michael was approached by someone who did not introduce herself as a reporter from Us Weekly , did not have a tape recorder and more or less finagled him into saying what she wanted him to say. That girl then passed the "quotes" on to another reporter. I can tell you, as someone who's chatted with him many times, they are a far cry from Michael's usual tone and verbage. Bottom line: I love me some Us Weekly (read it every week, cover to cover; it's addictive as crack), but if M.V. really said all that, I will eat my TV.

Someone ran a story (think it was US Weekly, but coulda been People mag) that quoted Michael as saying that Jennifer confessed to him she thought her movie Elektra "was awful", the only reason why she did it was because she was still under contract from Daredevil movie.

'Alias' duo still pals after break-upBy LOUIS B. HOBSON - Calgary SunHOLLYWOOD -- Michael Vartan insists a friendly atmosphere pervades the set of his hit TV show Alias.On this spy-vs-spy adventure, Vartan plays the love interest of Jennifer Garner, the show's sexy star.For several months in 2003, Vartan, 36, and Garner, 32, were also lovers off screen.Garner dumped Scott Foley, her husband of three years, for Vartan who'd been her Alias co-star for three seasons.Shortly after the couple become public with their affair, Garner began filming her Daredevil sequel Elektra in Vancouver.Ben Affleck -- who'd played the blind superhero in Daredevil -- flew in to film a guest spot in Elektra.Garner and Affleck rekindled an attraction that had been rumoured on Daredevil and Vartan found himself playing third-wheel on a bicycle built for two. Understandably people worried the break-up would effect the chemistry Garner and Vartan enjoyed for four seasons on Alias."It's not awkward. It wasn't for a second," says Vartan."Jennifer and I were best friends for three years before our little whatever-it-was happened. We're still best friends."He feels it is other people who are turning the brief relationship into an issue."It's so not anything. Even if it was, Jennifer and I are professional actors. We would never let it impact the show."He concludes by observing "there was not enough intensity in that relationship for it ever to be awkward."Now in its fourth season, Alias -- which airs tonight at 10 p.m. on ABC -- is enjoying its biggest viewership."Being positioned behind Lost has definitely impacted our ratings," he says of the top-rated drama about survivors stranded on a mysterious island."We've been picked up for a fifth season on the strength of our new ratings so we're finally a hit after three years of struggling to get viewership to match our reviews."Vartan says he has been contracted for six seasons and Garner for seven. "Though they gave us another season there were no negotiations for raises. The producers felt they'd like to see if we can keep up the momentum before they start talking more money."He points out the producers "are in a no-lose situation. We've already filmed 88 episodes and they've sold the syndication rights. They don't really need us."Alias will wrap up filming its fourth season in early May and will not begin filming season five until late July, so Vartan is looking around for a summer job. During his hiatus last year, he filmed the comedy Monster-in-Law with Jane Fonda and Jennifer Lopez."If I don't nail down a movie this summer I won't panic because unemployment is not exactly imminent."

TV Guide.com

ROGUE SPY: As teased weeks ago by Ask Ausiello, Alias star Michael Vartan has joined the cast of Rogue, a bigger-budget follow-up to the Aussie thriller Wolf Creek, Moviehole.com has officially confirmed. Backed by prolific producers Harvey and Bob Weinstein, Rogue concerns an American journalist who encounters a man-eating crocodile in the Outback. (And no, not the steakhouse.)

people.comCaught in the ActMichael Vartan, drinking cocktails with two male friends in the outside bar at Hollywood's Cabana Club. Though women swarmed around the Alias actor, our source says he didn't pay much attention to his admirers.

TV Guide.com

ROGUE SPY: As teased weeks ago by Ask Ausiello, Alias star Michael Vartan has joined the cast of Rogue, a bigger-budget follow-up to the Aussie thriller Wolf Creek, Moviehole.com has officially confirmed. Backed by prolific producers Harvey and Bob Weinstein, Rogue concerns an American journalist who encounters a man-eating crocodile in the Outback. (And no, not the steakhouse.)

:huh: Strange storyline. I wonder if they will be able to pull it off? It least its a job.

Michael Vartan at Disney's "A Time For Heroes" Celebrity Carnival (06/11/2006)

Posted Image Posted Image

Credit: Hollywood's Best

I used to think he was hot but a friend told me that he's a short man. Can anyone verify this? Does anyone know if this french-speaking delight - this cunning linguist! - is a puny person?

OK, I just found the weirdest site...it lists everyone's HEIGHT. Vartan is a respectable 5'-11-1/2". Very doable!!fyi: Tom Cruise....5-7, the liar.Celebrity Heights

MONSTER CROC

January 5, 2008 -- THROW another severed limb on the barbie, mate! In late spring, the Weinstein Company will unleash what could be the next "Jaws" - a gory, nail-biting Australia-lensed movie called "Rogue," about a giant crocodile that stalks hapless tourists. The flick, starring Michael Vartan, Radha Mitchell and a scary, CGI-enhanced beast, is a hit Down Under with critic Leigh Paatsch of Melbourne's Herald Sun, who raved: "If you must see at least one killer croc movie before you die, it may as well be this polished little Australian schlocker." Helming the bloodfest is Greg Mclean, who made the disturbing Outback serial-killer flick "Wolf Creek."

page six

Michael Vartan of Alias Is Engaged!

By Julie Jordan

Friday March 19, 2010 06:10 PM EDT

people.com

Michael Vartan is a bachelor no more.

The 41-year-old former star of TV's Alias is engaged to Lauren Skaar, with a wedding planned for next year, his rep tells PEOPLE exclusively.

The couple, who met last year at a Whole Foods parking lot in L.A., got engaged two weeks ago in New York. This will be the first marriage for both.

Vartan currently stars opposite Jada Pinkett Smith in the TNT original series Hawthorne. Season two begins this summer.

Vartan Excited About Wedding Plans

Actor MICHAEL VARTAN has thrown himself into planning his upcoming wedding - he's determined to have a say in every detail from picking the bridesmaid dresses to choosing the food.

The Monster-in-Law star proposed to Lauren Skaar earlier this month (Mar10) and they are preparing to exchange vows next year (11).

And Vartan, who previously dated his Alias co-star Jennifer Garner, admits he's heavily involved in making sure the big day runs smoothly.

He tells America's OK! magazine, "I feel wonderful! I feel very blessed. I feel like it’s about God damned time I met someone special. I’m excited about throwing an engagement party, I’m excited about choosing the bridesmaid dresses, and what kind of knives and food.

"The hardest thing about planning a wedding is where you’re going to seat the people! Who’s going to be seated with who. It’s like playing chess. You can put your family with whoever and they’ll be fine, but then those people in the middle. Are they going to get along?”

Source contactmusic